PDA

View Full Version : They have a table for 3, but not for 2???

Cinderelley
05-18-2007, 07:44 PM
One of my friends wants to eat at the castle. The other doesn't. I called and made a reservation for Liberty Tree Tavern for three of us, and then I asked if they could look and see if anything was available in the castle for breakfast or lunch. The CM said "I have a table for 3 at 2:15". I said told him that there would only be two of us, so he said "I'll check for a table for two". Then he proceeds to tell me that there isn't anything available for two people. :confused: So, I asked him why he couldn't book us, and his reply was "there are open tables for 3 or 4 people, but none for 2 people." This doesn't make any sense.

DizneyRox
05-18-2007, 08:27 PM
I believe a table to 2 is just that, a table for 2. A table for 3 is a table for 4, and a table for 4 is obviously a table for 4.

What you are seeing is Disney trying to maximize profits.

Why would they sit two people at a table for 4 when they can actually fit 4 people there and double their profit?

Usually people won't ask the second and third questions like you are and will blindly accept the fact that the restaurant is full, which is often not the case.

If it were me, I'd want to call right back and ask for a table for 3 and make the reservation and when I show up tell them there are only two of us, one member of the party cancelled. But that would be wrong...

Cinderelley
05-18-2007, 10:10 PM
If it were me, I'd want to call right back and ask for a table for 3 and make the reservation and when I show up tell them there are only two of us, one member of the party cancelled. But that would be wrong...

I thought about it, but then they would just charge me for the third person not cancelling within 48 hours.

I don't think it would be anymore wrong than Dizney discriminating against us based on the number of people in our party.

DizneyRox
05-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Oh, I missed the fact you were looking for CRT. In that case I would have thought about calling back prior to the cancellation fee taking effect with a sob story or something.

TheRustyScupper
05-19-2007, 10:47 AM
1) First, CRT does have a 3-top.
2) So, it was correct they had a "3" and not a "2".
3) Secondly, CRT is very profitable for WDW.
4) They want to fill every seat possible.
5) Thus, why waste a seat by giving using a "3" for a "2".
6) In a restaurant, a seat lost can NEVER be replaced.

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 02:21 PM
5) Thus, why waste a seat by giving using a "3" for a "2".

Good customer service is why! But I get your point.

My other friend is "sacrificing" herself and going with us so that we can make it. I was able to get a an 0830 breakfast seating for us the day that she is flying out. Oh, if we could all make such sacrifices.