PDA

View Full Version : YOMD mugs vs Resort mugs

vamaggie
05-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I have been reading the other threads but I must be dense since I still am not clear: Have they completely replaced the resort specific mugs with YOMD mugs and you cannnot get resort mugs anymore? We are staying at Poly in Nov and I was really looking forward to a Poly mug.

dizneyfreek
05-18-2007, 08:13 PM
We just came back a week ago from WL and they didn't have the resort mugs, only the YOMD mugs.

DisneyDudet
05-19-2007, 03:36 AM
Its seems as they are phasing them in, and not EVERY resort is fully stocked w/ YOMD mugs.

I did come across some poly mugs from ebay if you were wanting the mug and not the unlimited drinks...

daisyhead
05-19-2007, 09:19 AM
does this mean that one mug could be used at two different resorts? We are going to be splitting our stay and I would love to get a mug I could use for refills at both resorts...

thanks.

Mickey91
05-19-2007, 10:13 AM
does this mean that one mug could be used at two different resorts? We are going to be splitting our stay and I would love to get a mug I could use for refills at both resorts...

thanks.
Yes. The mugs will be good at all the resorts.

JPL
05-19-2007, 03:48 PM
This is a response to people bringing the mugs back year after year. From what I have heard they will change the mugs atleast once a year. I'm sure if the profits soar from this the changes will become more frequent maybe even seasonally. While I like the different resort mugs I think themed to a year or celebration will make the mugs much more collectible.

DisneyDudet
05-19-2007, 10:34 PM
From what others are reporting, the new mugs mean that the "refillable" part of the mug is good for your entire stay, even if you switch resorts 5 times.

You still cannot use them on multiple trips.. say... in June and Oct. Just during the stay you purchased the mug.

Catzle
05-20-2007, 01:05 AM
Just back from WL, literally! Both the Poly and WL only sold the new mugs. But I saw as many old mugs being used at both places as the new ones. I also didn't see anyone say anything to them. I was just surprised. This was our first time getting the mugs and I thought it was a great deal!

Mousehead35
05-20-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm undecided about how I feel about this.. on one hand I love the fact that I can now use the "new" YOMD mug at any resort, but on the other hand, I always looked forward to purchasing the resort mugs and adding them to my collection.
:confused:

dolphinmickey9170
05-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Just got back yesterday, SSR has a white and purple mug that says "Spring 07" on it. No resort mugs. I wanted the "Where dreams come true" mug because it fits in my cup holder, I went to all stars and found it. Again, no resort mugs. Also went resort hopping, found no resort mugs. But many, many people were using old mugs, what ever mugs they wanted. No one ever said anything.

Spaceship Tigger
05-21-2007, 07:50 AM
I can't say I'm very happy about this. I didn't really care all that much about getting a YOAMD mug (the celebration doesn't mean much to me), but I really wanted to get a Poly mug since we're staying there for the first time. If anything we probably would have bought one of each. Now it looks like we can't get a Poly mug at all. :mad:

Momof2boys
05-21-2007, 12:58 PM
When did they start selling the YOAMD mugs ? Seems a little late in the game to me - they should've started selling them earlier in October or November. Unless this is a permanent change. It's usually cheaper to buy more of 1 thing that less of 12 things.

vamaggie
05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
So if on our upcoming trip we get the YOMD mugs while staying at Poly, can we go to WL and fill them up at Roaring Forks? At Pop if we visit there?

Catzle
05-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Yes, I believe you can use the mug at any resort now. We did, we stayed at the WL but went over to the Poly for breakfast and walked around and filled our mug once. I think it's a nice feature to be able to do this.

Pop Centurion
05-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I know it would cost Disney more money but it would be nice if each YOAMD mugs was themed towards each resort instead of one generic mug.

alicia524luvstw
05-21-2007, 08:36 PM
I just got back w/my yoamd mugs w/ the year printed on them. Also, I noticed that the soap, napkins and shopping bags were white & blue as well. I wonder if these will change again after the yoamd is over?

Belle--86
05-21-2007, 09:34 PM
I happy to hear about the new mugs--because this year we are splitting between the Poly and POFQ and now we don't have to buy mugs for both resorts.:mickey:

pshokie
05-22-2007, 06:05 AM
Just back from WL, literally! Both the Poly and WL only sold the new mugs. But I saw as many old mugs being used at both places as the new ones. I also didn't see anyone say anything to them. I was just surprised. This was our first time getting the mugs and I thought it was a great deal!

Wow, that was fast. Our last day at the Poly was on May 12, and all Cap'n Cooks had were the Poly ones. We bought 3 on our first day. Guess we were among the last ones. :(

PirateLover
05-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Just got back from Poly, May15-21. Only saw YoaMD mugs for sale. I saw ppl walking around with old style mugs with Mickey surfing but could not find them anywhere at the resort :(

Nicki'sMom
05-22-2007, 06:35 PM
That is sad, I was looking forward to a WL mug....doesn't Disney know that changing a collectible item like these mugs throws people into a frenzy???:-o

January-2007
05-22-2007, 09:50 PM
It's so sad. I love resort specific mugs. I wanted one from the Beach Club this week and new ones from Pop in September. I wish they would have both so we could at least choose or maybe buy both just for the heck of it.

pshokie
05-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Just got back from Poly, May15-21. Only saw YoaMD mugs for sale. I saw ppl walking around with old style mugs with Mickey surfing but could not find them anywhere at the resort :(

Missed it by 3 days. Sorry to hear that. Had I known, I would have scored you one.:thumbsup:

Now I feel like I need to encase mine in glass or something....