PDA

View Full Version : Pampering at a Resort?

Jessietoystory2
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Which resort is the best place to get a mani/pedi and/or a massage? I would like to have one day of indulgance. Thanks.

Disney Yankee
05-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I've yet to do it - but I hear that the Grand Floridian has the best spa services.

Saratoga Springs also has it.

Maleficent's Dad
05-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Best spa services - according to DW - is not the GF, but is SSR.

Not done it myself, but DW says SSR blows GF spa away... Their spa is larger and offers more to the guest.

DW has done both. And while the GF is a more luxurious resort, SSR has the more luxurious spa. (Or so I'm told! ;) )

cinderellagrl
05-19-2007, 01:10 AM
My sister and I, as a surprise from our dad, got a mani/pedi at the Grand Flo. It was beyond wonderful! So much attention the combo took about an hour and a half and was magnificent! They play soothing music, rub wonderful oils into your feet, legs, and hands, and completely pamper you! The ladies that took care of us were wonderful! Both were very good at their jobs and were also so friendly! I would 100% recommend the Grand Flo spa! Fabulous, and if we hadn't been guests at the GF, it would give a wonderful reason to stop over and view the beautiful grounds! I would suggest heading over to the GF early, enjoy time at the beach (maybe order a drink or two) stroll the grounds, go to the whirlpool at the spa, and then show up for your appointments. Afterwords a fabulous dinner at Narcooses would be a great way to end the night!

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 01:40 AM
I've been to the spas at GF and SSR a couple of times. I'm going back to SSR from now on. The massage was better, and the staff was better. I may go back to the GF for their "baths", but for a massage, it will always be SSR for me.

TammiMcMan
05-19-2007, 01:52 PM
While a number of the resorts do offer salon services, the GF and SSR are the only two Disney resorts that have a full service spa. You can see more detailed information here (http://www.relaxedyet.com/homepage.html).

The Swan/Dolphin resort has recently opened a brand new Mandara Spa, which is also very high end. You can see more about it here (http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/spa.html). I haven't tried this particular location yet, but I would definitely be willing to list it as my first choice.