PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a green thumb?

Christine
05-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Mine is BLACK!

A friend of mine gave me a gift card to Starbuck's that included a little strip of paper that has wildflower seeds in it.

One friend of mine said they had to be planted in the ground, and not until early fall.

Can they not go in a pot?

I know nothing about gardening, etc., but I don't want to / can't put them in the ground b/c I rent.

Any ideas?

MsMin
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm sure it can go in a pot but the problem you will have is space. You may need to thin them out after they get a good start. Sometimes a pack can cover a fairly nice area( relative to a pot it's big)
Depending on the flowers you have to keep them watered and out of the direct heat. Many need indirect light but it depends on the plant.

Christine
05-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks. I guess I should have mentioned this strip of paper with the seeds imbedded in it is about the size of a small bandaid. You think a 10 inch pot would do, or bigger? Do I fill the pot completely up with soil and lay the paper just underneath or bury it deep? Water it daily?

Sorry for the questions...this came with NO directions!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Most seeds shouldn't be buried more than 1/4 to 1/2". A ten inch pot should be fine. Wild flowers don't need a lot of babying. After all, they are wild flowers. I would put them in indirect sunlight after they start sprouting. Direct sunlight until they pop up. And make sure the soil stays moist.

Christine
05-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks so much!