PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Luxury?

angedeaile
05-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Or...Deluxes as they are also called.

I was just looking at pictures of resorts on MJ's site, because I like to do that, and I realized something.

From posts I have seen, the majority of Intercotees vote Pop as their favorite Value and POFQ as their favorite Moderate.

BUT what is their favorite Luxury/Deluxe?

I haven't really noticed a huge majority favoring one over another...so here is your chance to vote!

If you had to pick just one to stay at for your next trip...which would you pick? Even if you haven't stayed at any of these, pick the one you would like to try.

Along with your vote, If you could, state why...was it the theming? The transportation? The decor? The view?

Figgyluv03
05-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Contemp with Poly at a very close 2nd.

merlinmagic4
05-18-2007, 01:00 PM
I chose the Poly for the monorail.........it'll never happen but it's good to dream :cloud9:

LibertyTreeGal
05-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I've done Poly and WL and I like WL better -- but ask me again in December when I get back from Beach Club -- might have a new favorite!

llamaface
05-18-2007, 01:21 PM
I have a hard time choosing between the Poly and WL, but I went with the Poly. It's as close to Hawaii as I'm going to get!!

Seasonscraps
05-18-2007, 01:38 PM
I voted for the Boardwalk with the WL a close second.

jakeybake
05-18-2007, 02:07 PM
GF all the way!!

Though I'm staying at the BC in August so I could change my mind!!!

mrsgaribaldi
05-18-2007, 02:20 PM
:tikki: Polynesian:tikki:

:lei: :papple: :woohoo:

pox24
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
The Grand Floridian is the crown jewel. We love all the deluxe resorts, but the GF is something special.

k_reile
05-18-2007, 02:42 PM
I have never stayed at a deluxe...but when I was booking my sept trip I wanted to stay at the animal kingdom lodge with a savannah room...but I just couldn't see myself spending the extra $1000 on a room that I may not spend so much time in...The view would have been awesome though.

SBETigg
05-18-2007, 03:13 PM
The Polynesian usually wins in these kinds of questions and I do like the Poly second best, but I'm a Grand Floridian kind of gal.

Jsgirl26
05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Even though I've never stayed at a Deluxe I would love to stay at either The Beach Club or The Boardwalk. But I think my main vote goes to The Boardwalk.

Jen66
05-18-2007, 03:26 PM
We are staying at the GF for the first time in July! It has always been the one I have most wanted to stay in. I just think it is the prettiest and the location cannot be beat.

darthmacho
05-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous, and the theming is exquisite. It also has three great places to eat, and I love the lobby music.

DDBird
05-18-2007, 03:58 PM
We are the Poly all the way. We love the theming, the monorail, the staff, the food and the view....cant be beat in our books. Not able to go this year but will be there next year with bells on. Have already started planning:cloud9:

psychotekkie
05-18-2007, 09:15 PM
The Poly was amazing. The decor was just beautiful, great restaurants, wonderful staff, fun themed pool, view of MK fireworks, super convenient transportation, crazy tikis, etc, etc.... *sigh* I wish I could go there every time, but it is so expensive.

I was considering the Contemporary as a not so expensive but still deluxe holiday, with monorail convenience, but am disappointed to see here that it got one of the lowest votes! :confused: Is there any particular reason for that? Or is it just that the others were that little bit better?

alpro2
05-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Grand Flo gets my vote! :thumbsup:

Crow
05-18-2007, 09:25 PM
WL
ive only stayed at 3 WL,AKL & BC but WL will b my choice
i cant afford the deluxes regularly. the only other i would like to try possibly is Poly

rnin02
05-18-2007, 11:39 PM
We've only stayed at AKL...but it was just breath taking! Inside and outside...I wish we could have spent more time there...but maybe one day we will go again. It was just an awesome hotel, so much to look at, such great food and awesome service!

KODABEAR
05-19-2007, 06:09 AM
In the Spring for Flower and Garden we like the Beach or Y. :dance: For Christmas the Contemp. or Poly.:snowman:

BronxTigger
05-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Well, the only deluxes I have stayed in are the Yacht and Beach Clubs. So, between the two, I like the colors of the Yacht Club better, and our rooms there have had full balconies. However, Beach Club is about 3 minutes closer to Epcot.

I do, however, like the Poly the times I have walked through it, but I've never stayed there so I can't really vote on it.

conorsmom2000
05-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I voted for the WL, but to be fair, it's the only delux I've ever stayed at! But, we just love it there so much, we can't bring ourselves to try someplace new! :mickey:

Mickey91
05-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I voted for WL but the Poly is a very close second. I actually had a hard time choosing.

mousetrapper
05-19-2007, 10:40 AM
These polls are tough because there are probably very few of us Intercotees who have stayed at all the deluxe resorts! Now THAT would be an interesting poll!!

In terms of which ones appeal to us, we love the beachy themed hotels best, so we naturally lean toward the Poly.:tikki:

The only deluxe resorts I've stayed at are the Poly and BC. Although I loved BC -- especially the pool area -- nothing matches the Poly! There's something about it that just says "DISNEY" to us...a throwback to the "Wonderful World of Disney" days.

The other deluxes we have visited are the Contemp, WL and AKL. All are stunning and have their own unique charms. We loved our visits and still have dinner at the Contemp and AKL every time we go to WDW no matter where we staying and give ourselves extra time to explore while we're there.

But again, the Poly won our hearts...theme, ambience, grounds, location, convenience...we love it.:lei:

AND...we're staying there for the second time this November!!!

180 day mark = this Monday!!!

:cloud9:

angedeaile
05-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I was considering the Contemporary as a not so expensive but still deluxe holiday, with monorail convenience, but am disappointed to see here that it got one of the lowest votes! :confused: Is there any particular reason for that? Or is it just that the others were that little bit better?

I was wondering the same thing! I would think it would be right up there with Poly and GF, since the monorail can't be beat...

I can totally see how Poly is winning all monorail business aside...:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
05-19-2007, 06:47 PM
We are a family of POLY lovers!
We love the ease of the Monorail transportion to MK and Epcot.
Love the "South Seas Island adventure" the theming is just fantastic, the lush grounds, tikki torches buning at night and how they pipe the Polynesian music thru a speaker system along the pathways.
Watching 'Wishes' from the beach!:D

Mr. Tom Morrow
05-19-2007, 07:29 PM

tinksmom02
05-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Have not been lucky enough to stay at a deluxe,yet, but...If money were no object, the GF is where I'd love to be...it just seems so elegant and luxurious. The Poly runs a close second, for me, for the all-around theming.

Will probably get to stay at the Poly someday, while I'll have to settle for dreaming of the GF LOL

Kairi_7378
05-19-2007, 09:26 PM
when we planned our trip I REALLY wanted to stay at the AKL. DH wanted the Poly. When he saw the price difference between AKL and a moderate, he put his foot down. So off to POR we went (and ended up enjoying ourselves.) If $ wasn't an object, we'd do a week at WDW and split it 50/50 between both. The Disney ad for AKL totally sold me on the idea of going to Disney!

kgoulash
05-19-2007, 09:27 PM
as a kid i would say the contemporary because it was just so cool to have the monorail running through and i loved the game room
but that's nostalgia
nowadays i would say the beach club for location!

mttafire
05-19-2007, 11:44 PM
The Contemporary...Of course.:mickey:

WDWfeelslikehome
05-20-2007, 07:19 AM
I asked DW and she said that she loves each one for their own reason, but given that summer is approaching, she went with BC. It was fun listening to her pnder out loud on this one, gave me some Sunday Morning Entertainment.

Mary Poppins fan
05-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Another Poly family here! We've always talked about trying WL or GF, but in the end we go with the place that says "Disney" to us. :blush:

mickeefan
05-20-2007, 09:32 AM
For us it's the Poly all the way.You just can not beat the convenience of the monorail, being able to walk to the TTC and ferry boats, and have a boat that takes you to the MK.

dolphinmickey9170
05-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I would like to stay at Contemporary....I love being there....The view from the top floors would be cool....You can ride the monorail as well. AWESOME!! Can't wait for DVC to build there new villas!

thejens
05-20-2007, 12:02 PM
I have only ever stayed at the AKL, and will stay at BC next, so my vote is based on limited knowledge. But I have visited all but the WL and I loved AKL. I felt transported to an exotic place and loved the Restaurant choices. I drive to WDW so transportation was not an issue. My relatives stayed at the Contemporary and I really liked it and the Monorail, but the theming and pool were not as fun for me. They enjoyed watching Wishes from their patio though! The Poly just wasn't as awing as I anticipated. The Grand Floridian seemed a bit stuffy, not as exotic. The Beach Club, to me, seemed friendlier and more fun than Boardwalk and Yaht Club. I am eager to visit the Wilderness Lodge next trip, next week!!! Did I miss any? I have a goal of staying at each Deluxe, but I might be tempted to stay again at AKL since we loved it so much!!! If only we could go twice a year!!!:cloud9:

Jessie
05-20-2007, 01:10 PM
The only deluxe I've stayed at was the Contemp. I loved it, but visited Poly while staying there and fell in love. Now DH and I are planning our first WDW vacation (if he gets a job he interviewed for) and we're shooting for Poly. I love the ease of the transportation and the proximity to MK. Our DD will be 3 and because of her age and my love of MK I suspect we'll spend at least 2 or 3 (out of a 7 or 8 day trip) days there. Getting back to the room for naps with a fussy toddler sounds much easier when your hotel is just a quick monorail ride away.

jodijo
05-20-2007, 02:34 PM
I voted for WL. My family just love it. I know a lot of people voted for the Poly but we did not care for it at all. The monorail took forever to get anywhere because of the stops and/or transfers. The rooms were big and newly remodeled but still seemed dark and drab to us. I loved being able to see MK from the beach and hearing the sounds of the train but it was not enough to make me go back. I am a WL girl all the way.

GINNY69
05-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I voted for AKL , this is the only luxury resort I stayed so I don't have much to compare it too. Though I did have dinner at Ohana's at the Poly and I thought the resort was very beautiful.. But my vote goes to AKL and I am an animal lover ..

spoiledraf
05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Having stayed at most, we liked the BC the best for convienience to two of the parks, MGM and Epcot, the best pool by far, and the most dining opportunities, with Boardwalks restaurants and World Showcase within walking distance. While we never stayed at the Poly, we have visited and really din't care for the lay out. AK savanna is on the drawing board and a good freind had a bad experience at WL so the DW is not interested in trying there at the moment.

BritCody
05-21-2007, 06:56 AM
We love the Polynesian, from it's decor to it's restauants. It's great

Spaceship Tigger
05-21-2007, 07:44 AM
I went with WL. It was our honeymoon resort and my favorite theme of any resort at WDW. We'll be staying at the Poly this year so I'll be able to make a better comparison soon.

Tynkerbelle
05-21-2007, 09:52 AM
I haven't stayed at all of them, but out of the ones I've stayed at I chose WL. I love everything about it - the rooms, food court, views, restaurants. It's very scenic and tranquil and while it doesn't have the monorail, it does have the boats.

Poly would be a close second - great childhood memories! I also love the theming, monorail access and 'Ohana.

BC is very pretty and convenient to MGM & EPCOT (I loved being able to walk there and was able to watch Illuminations from the International Gateway), but I really didn't care for the food court. AKL is very unique, but too far from everything.

Figment78
05-21-2007, 12:45 PM
:tikki: I voted Poly b/c it is my sentimental and practical favorite. I grew up staying there on trips, its the closest I'll ever get to Hawaii, & you can't beat the convenience of walking to the TTC for the Epcot monorail + the MK monorail... However...

:santa3: I love WL - our romantic retreat for the holidays (and honeymoon)
:heart: I love AKL - the most romantic resort for evening drinks and relaxing by the fire pit
:wine: I love YC/BC/Boardwalk in the Spring or Fall - how can you resist the proximity to Epcot for their festivals and to MGM as well?
:baby: I love Contemporary - walking distance to Magic Kingdom will come in handy when it's time to push a stroller! Plus the remodeled rooms decor looks fantastic!

Figment78
05-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Whoops! Forgot Grand Floridian...

Probably b/c the cost makes it a distant dream... someday!

Mom2princesses
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
We love love love the Polynesian! Right now there is no other place I would rather stay at for our trips to Disney. With little ones we need to stay at a MK resort. Since we spend most of our time there. :mickey:

:lei: :tikki:

GrmGrninGost
05-21-2007, 08:00 PM
I have to go with the Wilderness Lodge! It is so beautiful! To me the only drawback is the monorail not running to it, the the lower prices make up for that. When I walk into that huge lobby, I have come home!!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
05-21-2007, 09:37 PM
I guess the name says it all. We love the GF for its restaurants and its elegance, but we can get that in a lot of places.

The Poly is the most relaxing hotel we have found anywhere and the convenience of the transportation (TTC, boats, etc.) is not equaled on the property. And, nowhere else do you have as great a view of the fireworks over the castle (with piped in music), its even better than at MK itself. Besides, about a 7 minute walk around the lagoon and your at the GF when you want that.

disneymom2000
05-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I chose the GF. I haven't been able to stay there yet, but I have visited and I am blown away by the ambiance. I have stayed at the Beach Club & Yacht Club and absolutely love the pool but I can't wait to stay at the GF.

c&d
05-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I voted for WL. I love the boat ride over to the MK and the walks along the path to Fort Wilderness.

Really close second, Animal Kingdon. I love the feel of that resort. It is just so relaxing.

Bethanymouse
05-22-2007, 06:22 PM
We love the POLY!:mickey:

RAIDER
05-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I havent stayed in any of them but my choice would be a nostalgic one so it would be the Contemporary Resort

firefan43
05-23-2007, 08:51 AM
BEACH CLUB....walking to and from world showcase is so totally awesome. Not to mention there is a boat that goes to MGM and Epcot (if you wanted). Plus, the boardwalk is right across a bridge.

Beach Club has my vote hands down!

Trixie1822
05-23-2007, 09:08 AM
I voted for AKL :simba:

But Poly close second

tikiman
05-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Polynesian!!!
Best Food
Largest rooms
Best view
Best transportation
Best slide
Best beach

YC would be right behind it but the pool closing early, the walking everywhere and waiting for that boat to take forever to get somewhere as well as sharing the bus with 5 resorts sort of made it less than magical.

We did the Dolphin also and it was even longer walk. Same with the Swan we did in December and I just got back a few weeks ago from the Boardwalk and as much as I love Epcot and the stuff around the Boardwalk it was just not the same. Also nothing to eat at the resort 24 hours. I would rather take the 8 minute monorail from the TTC than the 10 minute walk if it is really hot or raining. Gives me a chance to cool down and sit.

AKL would be higher up on my list if there were access to other resorts and it was not out away from everything.

Best value is Pop Century. Stayed there at the begining of my trip a few weeks ago.

I have been to the WL many times to eat and it is well done but the rooms are way too small for our family and the theme is too much like where I live. Campfires and Florida heat just don't mix for me.

I have no interest in doing the GF but I would like to try the Contemporary.

Kate In Wonderland
05-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Animal Kingdom Lodge all the way! My DH and I LOVE it there. Even if we're low on $$$ during a trip, and can't afford to stay there, we always make a point of going to Boma for breakfast so we can visit our "second home" as we like to call it!

Runner up would have to be Poly. :thumbsup: