PDA

View Full Version : Donald's Prehistoric Breakfastosaurus

TIGGER17179
05-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Has anyone done this? We've done most of the Character Breakfast but we haven't done this one and wanted to try something different. Any comments?

BrerSchultzy
05-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Reports on this one vary more than any other Character breakfast. Some people claim they feel rushed by the staff, and things are too crowded. We've only had good experiences with it. The food was incredible, and plentiful. But, I admit, logistically, it was always a bit disorganized.

BUT, this breakfast is going away soon, and headed over to the Tusker House to become Donald's Safari Breakfast (I think that is in Nov. 07). Same characters, bigger, more open location. And, more importantly, a location with a place for you to wait for your table to be ready (which Restaurantosaurus does not have).

DizneyRox
05-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Donald's in one of my favorite character breakfast locations on property. I'll be upset to see it go. Hopefully the Tusker House version has the same great food.

Speedy1998
05-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Wow, this is one of those rare times that I agree with DisneyRox. Donald's is my second favorite Breakfast (My first is Ohana).

kathiep
05-18-2007, 01:24 PM
We had a terrific experience here last fall.

The food was great; large selection and variety.

The staff was friendly and attentive. Our servers took mulitple pictures for us.

The characters spent a lot of time at our table.

We would definately go back.

TIGGER17179
05-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like it's a go for me! :thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
05-18-2007, 03:30 PM
We've done it twice and always get a late reservation for an hour before breakfast ends. Never felt rushed.

kakn7294
05-18-2007, 05:26 PM
We also heard all of the bad things about this breakfast but gave it a try anyway - we had to be sure to see Donald since he's my Dad's favorite character because they share a name and temperment. We were pleasantly surprised and loved it! The food was hot, plentiful, and good and the characters and CM's alike were a lot of fun. We didn't feel rushed at all. My only complaint is that the very large foreign family that took up 6 tables next to us kept hijacking the characters when they came to our tables. The CM's apologized and made an adjustment for it, sending the characters our way after they finished with the other family.

debandbub
05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
We went a couple of years ago (just us two "grown-ups"). The food was good, and the characters actually spent quite a bit of time with us, not the usual picture and go that we've had at other times. I am hoping the good times carry over tto the Tusker House when we go in December!