PDA

View Full Version : Pretzel breadsticks--where can I get some???

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
05-18-2007, 10:24 AM
We just returned from a short trip and ate lunch at our favorite EPCOT restaurant, Le Cellier. I absolutely LOVE those pretzel breadsticks. :thumbsup: Does anyone know if I can buy them somewhere, order them somewhere, or find a recipe to make them? I would be in heaven if I could have some of those breadsticks once in a while to keep me going until our next trip. :cloud9:

ILoveLegos
05-18-2007, 01:39 PM
In central New Jersey we get "prezel bread rolls" from our local German Bakery. It is just like a soft preztel only about the size of a bagel. It's soft and chewy just like a pretzel and if you can get one fresh out the oven it is awesome with butter and it just melts in your mouth. Our local bakery only makes them once a week on Fridays and they sell out very fast. We indulge about once a month in the office. Perhaps you can find a local German bakery in Iowa and inquire about this delicious treat.
P.S. I'm looking forward to trying Le Cellier's version of the pretzel bread for the first time this October. If they are as good as our local ones, I'll be on :cloud9: .

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
05-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Perhaps you can find a local German bakery in Iowa and inquire about this delicious treat.

What a great suggestion! Of course, I only live about 1/2 hour from the Amana Colonies which is an authentic German communal community. I got my phonebook right out and called 3 different bakeries...they didn't know what I was talking about :( . Guess I'll have to keep looking.

Magic Smiles
05-18-2007, 09:12 PM
What a great suggestion! Of course, I only live about 1/2 hour from the Amana Colonies which is an authentic German communal community. I got my phonebook right out and called 3 different bakeries...they didn't know what I was talking about :( . Guess I'll have to keep looking.
Le Cellier is in the Canadian Pavillion not Germany.

dizneeat
05-19-2007, 01:41 AM
The "Pretzelstick" in Canada is actually the German "Laugenbretzel" or "Laugengebaeck" - maybe if you call the German bakery and ask for that they might have it.
If you still cannot get it we have recipes for it here in Austria and Germany. If you don't mind waiting for a while (going to Disney Paris next week) I can try and translate one for you. PM me about it.