PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Restaurant on Main Street

tlhewitt52
05-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Can anyone tell me about their dining experience at the Plaza restaurant, We have an ADR there at 6:25 before Spectromagic? Can we see the parade from here is we sit outside and is the food good....

faline
05-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't believe this spot has any outdoor dining. It's a cute spot to eat but it's not right on Main Street and you really won't be able to see Spectromagic from this location.

DDuck66
05-18-2007, 09:57 AM
The restaurant has always been very good. It is one of the few places that serve fresh brewed iced tea. I have never had dinner there but they serve a great variety of sandwiches for lunch. It is somewhat relaxed and is a nice place to get out of the heat.
As noted above, this is not a location where you can view the parade from. In fact because so many people stand along the street, you would be lucky to see any except the highest floats...but when you finish dinner, go outside to the old Plaza Noodle location. There is some great seats for the fireworks.

Christine
05-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh, the Plaza is one of our FAVORITE restaurants to eat in at WDW!

You won't be able to see Spectromagic from the Plaza, but you should be out in time to go grab a spot afterwards.

Their food is fantastic! The tomato bisque is to DIE for!!! The club sandwich is one of my favorites. Their sundaes are absolutely sinful!

I love the quaint, quiet atmosphere and think you will really love it!

I just love the Plaza! :cloud9:

BrerSchultzy
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I completely agree with everyone so far. The Plaza is actually one of our favorites. It is certainly a must for every trip. The Veggie Sandwich with sweet potato chips...mmmm....I think I just ruined my keyboard by drooling on it.

Anyway, to answer your questions:
No, you will not be able to see SpectroMagic from the Plaza. The outside tables are for people waiting for their ADR, or for Casey's and Plaza Pavilion patrons. But once you finish your wonderful meal (in the calmest environment of ANY Disney restaurant), head up to the Plaza Pavilion and grab a seat. You'll be able to see SpectroMagic and the fireworks from the same spot.

Enjoy!

Mickey91
05-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Well, you actually dine inside and the with the location you really can't see Spectromagic. But, the food is excellent and you will be near Main Street when you finish and can just walk over and view the parade and fireworks!

JoDisney
05-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Concerning the food, it is very good. Check out the menu at this site. Go to the top of this page to "Info Central" then go to "Dining" and scroll down to "Menus" scroll down to find the Plaza Restaurant in MK.

GrmGrninGost
05-21-2007, 08:17 PM
We like the Plaza for lunch. They have a great Philly Cheesesteak!!:mickey: I have not been for dinner. As far as the parade, you will need to leave the restaurant to view it. But you are right off of Main St., so it's not far to a good viewing area!

SurferStitch
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
We've never done dinner there, but have done plenty of lunches, and they were all fantastic. The food and service there are wonderful. I love the strawberry chicken salad, and their shakes are incredible.

Have a great meal! I can't wait to do lunch there again in December.