PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #32

King Triton
05-18-2007, 08:45 AM
The questions prior to this one have all been independent in that none of them needed the results of a previous question. This time, we're taking the winner of question #23 -- which was Universal Studios vs. Islands of Adventure and go up against Sea World. IOA won #23 in a close vote; can it do the same against Sea World?

Y100Q33 will appear in the Theme Parks thread, probably over the weekend. May also get Q34 in this weekend...that'll be in Accommodations.

Mickey91
05-18-2007, 09:06 AM
I have to say I haven't been to Universal. But, knowing it is more about thrills, I have to go with Sea World. I'm just not a thrill ride person. Which is one of the biggest reasons I haven't wasted time and money to go there.

c&d
05-18-2007, 09:16 AM
We were at Sea World in San Diego last year and I loved it. I would go back in a minute. Universal really doesn't excite me.

Tynkerbelle
05-18-2007, 09:48 AM
All the years I've been going to Orlando and I'd never once gone to Sea World until last September and you know what, as it turns out I wasn't missing much! It was just OK - I can cross it off my list now.

I would take IoA over Sea World in a heartbeat!
Looks like I'm in the minority, so far (I'm the sole vote for IoA)...

avantgardeinker
05-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Definitely Sea World for me!! We took our 18 mos old to the zoo a few weeks ago and she absolutely LOVED the see lions show!!! I know she would love to see all the marine life at Sea World. Some good friends of ours went to Sea World a few years ago and got to pet the penguins and get an upclose look at them. The pics were really cool and I'd love to have an experience like that as well.

202 more days to Disney!!
:mickey:

KAT1811
05-18-2007, 11:17 AM
I said IOA. We have a tremendous aquarium close by (Mystic) and when we went to SW I wasn't impressed and most likely won't return. If I was to do something outside WDW aqua related it would most certainly be Discovery Cove (although I will wait a little longer so that the little ones are old enough to enjoy it as well). I will also confess that nothing outside of WDW really calls to me. No one seems to go all out like WDW.

darthmacho
05-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Sea World :fishbowl: (Despite living near New England and Mystic Aquariums, both of which I love.)

aprilisis
05-18-2007, 12:18 PM
I am a roller coaster junkie :coaster: & I have one word: Kraken. I LOVE that coaster!!! That is why I voted for Sea World. I also like the interactions with Dolphins. :dolphin: I have to say, though, that I love IOA, too. I like the coasters, Jurassic Park, Spiderman, Dr. Doom's Fear Fall, Dudley DoRight's Ripsaw Falls, and Halloween Horror Nights. This was a tough one for me.

Figgyluv03
05-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Island's of Adventure, although I haven't been to Sea World since the early 90's.

JRocker
05-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I had to vote for Sea World.

One reason......I work for the company that owns them.

Other reason.....more bang for the buck (okay...i get in free, but ignore that). I can be done with IOA by 3pm and be bored (actually finished it all by 11:30 last year). It takes me all day to do Sea World with the rides, shows, and exhibits.

pshokie
05-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Sea World. For me, it is all about my kids. We went to SW in March '06, and my daughter's yelps, clapping and cheering for Shamu at at age 3 was just one of those priceless moments.

When I watch the movie clip of it and see her excitement and joy, it still brings a tear to my eye.

DizneyFreak2002
05-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I chose Islands of Adventure.... One reason and one reason only: SPIDER-MAN!!!!

WDWfeelslikehome
05-18-2007, 10:06 PM
DW and I both want to get over and see the updates to Sea World, haven't been in ~15 years, we....just.......can't.....seem....to....drag..... ourselves.......away......from....the......
magical........mouse........once......we......get. ....to.....WDW. His pull is soo strong
that we don't want to leave ever, and we forget about the poor little defenseless killer
whales, just a few minutes away.

KAT1811
05-18-2007, 10:21 PM
DW and I both want to get over and see the updates to Sea World, haven't been in ~15 years, we....just.......can't.....seem....to....drag..... ourselves.......away......from....the......
magical........mouse........once......we......get. ....to.....WDW. His pull is soo strong
that we don't want to leave ever, and we forget about the poor little defenseless killer
whales, just a few minutes away.

We feel the same. Nothing compares to our beloved Walt Disney World. I don't care how cute those whales and dolphins are. Plus I'm not big on feeding dead smelly fish to alive smelly fish!!! Don't they pay people big money to do that?!?!?

tinksmom02
05-18-2007, 11:12 PM
I can't really be objective, as I haven't been to IOA, but we really enjoyed Sea World. DD and I love aquatic animals, anyway, but we paid extra for the Polar expedition tour, where we went backstage and got to pet a penguin! The highlight of DD's day!

Why has no one mentioned the Hospitality Center---free :beer: :beer: !!! OK, it's Bud, but still...

BritCody
05-19-2007, 07:17 AM
It would be Seaworld. Living in Pittsburgh we used to go to Seaworld in Aurora Ohio every year. It was always a nice little trip, but it has been closed for quite a few years so for us Seaworld in Florida fills the void but the difference is we no longer do it every year..

GrmGrninGost
05-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I voted Sea World, but I can't tear myself away from WDW long enough to visit either!:mickey:

Magic Smiles
05-20-2007, 11:12 PM
IOA is good, but I LOVE Seaworld. Could watch the animals all day..........oh yah I guess that is what I do do at Seaworld. DS also love Kraken. We always do Seaworld one day and IOA/Universal another day, while staying in Disney.

2Epcot
05-21-2007, 03:10 PM
I chose Univesal Island of Adventures. I don't live too far from Sea World San Diego, which I'm visiting twice next month with family and friends. When I'm in Olrando I'll go to Island of Adventures, since that isn't out here. I've never been to Orlando's Sea World, maybe because I feel like I want to do the things that are not in CA.

January-2007
05-22-2007, 10:44 PM
I voted for Sea World, and so far that's winning. We don't really venture offsite when we're there but when I was a kid going with my family we did. I have a hat from Sea World from when I was really little. I would rather go to Sea Word than Islands of Adventure because I don't do thrill rides and I like watching the animals of the sea.

RAIDER
05-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Island of Adventure for me ....The spiderman ride is worth the entrance fee alone :thumbsup:

Unfortunatley Seaworld has gone down over the years its a shame as it used to be one of my favourite parks

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I haven't been to Sea World in a long time so I guess I can't really speak from experience but I do love IOA. the rides there are great and lot's of fun. not necessarily kid friendly though.
:goofy: