PDA

View Full Version : should we switch values to get extra night?

dyin tago
05-17-2007, 10:38 PM
my dw and myself are booked from sept9-20th
at pop century. we would like to stay one extra night since we are on the free dining plan and all it will cost is one extra night but we would have to switch our entire stay to allstars music or sports to get the extra night.
we don`t use the buses as we rent a car and only have a quick breakfast before heading out for the day.would we be disappointed if we stayed at asm instead of pop? we stayed 13 nights at pop last year and it was great!:mickey:

Mickey91
05-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Well, there is definitely a difference. But, having stayed at all the values, I would go for an extra night. I would be way more disappointed going home a day early than having a room or resort that was wasn't exactly my favorite. All the values have their charm. The Sports and Music dining areas are smaller and a little different and the souvenir shop is in a completely different room, but for no longer than you will be at the resort, I can't imagine giving up an extra day!

The pools all have some type of fun theming and the buildings are themed as well. Again, I can't imagine giving up an extra day!

Good luck on your decision! Have fun!:mickey:

Crow
05-17-2007, 11:44 PM
for an extra night i probably would.
i do like POP a lot better than AS but its another day at WDW

HndrdPrcnt
05-18-2007, 12:23 AM
I would agree. I spend so little time at the resort that I don't think that I would mind going to AllStar Sports if it meant another day at WDW. We extended our last trip by a day, but were able to stay at POP. I do LOVE Pop. However, we really did not spend enough time at the resort for it to make a big difference.

Ian
05-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Here's what I would do ... I'd go to Pop without booking the extra night and then, once I got there, I'd talk to the CM at check-in about extending my stay. Rooms often open up at the last minute that weren't open before.

big blue and hairy
05-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Here's what I would do ... I'd go to Pop without booking the extra night and then, once I got there, I'd talk to the CM at check-in about extending my stay. Rooms often open up at the last minute that weren't open before.

I agree....even if you can't get the extra night at Pop, you could always move over to the All Stars for one night. There's nothing wrong with the All Stars, DW and I have stayed at Music several times, and Sports once, but we do prefer Pop to the All Stars. As I've said before, Pop seems to me to be a little more moderate than the All Stars...not a complete step up, maybe a half step...

:sulley:

illini
05-18-2007, 08:57 AM
i've never stayed at a value (too many kids or i'd be happy to give them a whirl!), but i'd say go for it. you're not switching levels or anything, so why not? you probably better do it soon, though, or there won't be any rooms w/free dining left.

crazypoohbear
05-18-2007, 10:46 AM
I agree....even if you can't get the extra night at Pop, you could always move over to the All Stars for one night. ...

:sulley:

I don't think this would work as you would need a three night stay to qualify for free dining and changing resorts and checking in for one night would be considered a new reservation.
I say go for the AS and enjoy the extra day

dyin tago
05-18-2007, 08:34 PM
well we did it! changed from 12 nites at pop to 13 nites at all stars music:mickey:

crazypoohbear
05-18-2007, 09:30 PM
well we did it! changed from 12 nites at pop to 13 nites at all stars music:mickey:

That's great!
Have a wonderful time:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-19-2007, 01:05 PM

I would have done the same thing!! Have a great trip!! I'm jealous of the 13 nights..That is great!!

prttynpnk
05-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Definitely! Get as much mouse as possible!

moe513
05-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Dyin tago or whom ever can answer. I thought free dining was a maximum of 10 days.????

dyin tago
05-20-2007, 07:44 PM
last year we had to make a 10 day and a 4 day ressie back to back as the max was 10 nites.this year they allow a max of 14 nights,saved us some cash as we had to buy a 10 day park pass and a 1 day pass for the extra reservation to get the free dining last year.

:mickey: