PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff's Deputy Killed in the Line of Duty

jillluvsdisney
05-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Last night, in Kenosha, WI, a Deputy was shot to death during a traffic stop. He pulled the car over for having a broken tail light. That's what he lost his life over.

I am shock that this could happen where I live. I work in an adjecent county for a sheriff's department. This hits so close to home on many levels. If it could happen a few miles from home then it could just as easily happen to one of my deputies where I work.

I've been dispatching for 14 years and this is a real kick in the gut. Please remember all us in law enforcement. I did not know the man who died but II feel so sad.

gueli
05-17-2007, 08:37 PM
My Condolences for the officer & their family.

Police have one of the toughest jobs, my heart goes out to you & please understand that many of us- non-lawenforcement types realize this and thank you & your fellow officers for taking care of business every day.:thumbsup:
Do post if they catch whoever commited this heinous act (I live in NY, and I am not likley to hear about this again).
Thanks,
Mike

Christine
05-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Just this afternoon in Henderson County Texas, two deputies were killed and one was injured when answering to a domestic disturbance call.

This month recognizes fallen officers, and the deputies had just attended a memorial service just this morning.

It is amazing how some people devote their lives, willing to lay them on the line, to serve others.

God bless all these fallen officers.

mrsgaribaldi
05-18-2007, 06:40 AM
That is so sad. We went to Atlantic City the other night and saw some State Troopers and I was talking with my husband about how when they pull people over they are all alone and it's so dangerous. Probably the person is wanted or did something else but it's still such a tragedy. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and prayers for that poor man and his family. Here's some more :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for everyone's safety in such a dangerous job.

MsMin
05-18-2007, 10:02 AM
My thoughts and prayers to the fallen officer and those he leaves behind. My grandfather was a State Trooper here in LA- Troop B, New Orleans so I understand the worry the family experiences. :(

disneydrmr
05-18-2007, 10:06 AM
How sad. Unfortunately this is something that is occurring more and more often. The men and women of the police forces/fire departments and even our military, get so little appreciation/respect... they deserve so much more - putting their lives on the line to keep us safe! I have several family members (cousins) who are policemen.. so I also understand the worry and stress... let's keep all these men and women in our prayers!

crazypoohbear
05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
How sad for the officer's family.
Sending prayers out to them

Figgyluv03
05-18-2007, 12:55 PM
What is wrong with the world today! It's horrible what our police officer have to go through. I know alot of police officers including my dad (who is retired now) that have been put in bad situations. And people wonder why two or three policemen show up to a traffic stuff. My thoughts and prayers go out to the sheriff and his family.

jillluvsdisney
05-18-2007, 04:57 PM
As a reply to an earlier post....

Yes, they caught the suspect 3 hours later. He was about an mile away in an apartment complex parking lot. I guess the Sheriff's Dept was able to use reverse 911...they sent a pre recorded message about an armed man in the area. I guess phone tips led to his capture.

I just heard about the 2 Deputies that we killed in Texas. It really rips my heart out.

merlinmagic4
05-18-2007, 05:32 PM
:pixie: to those families and more :pixie: for all of the officers out there everyday for us.

SgtTigger
05-18-2007, 07:56 PM
:crying:

:cop:

Piglet822
05-18-2007, 08:02 PM
:crying:
:cop:

:hug: We appreciate everything you and your fellow law enforcement officers do for us to help keep us safe.

My condolences to the familes affected by these senseless tragedies. They are in my prayers and I'm sending lots of pixie dust.

TiggerRPh
05-18-2007, 11:12 PM
What's the saddest part of this tragedy is that the "waste of carbon" that did this was an illegal immigrant with a six year criminal record and as of tonight...still in this country.

I truly feel for this officier's family.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-19-2007, 12:13 AM
We just had a similar situation in NH last week. A police officer pulled someone over and the guy shot the cop 4 times. A witness saw it happen and shot the guy who shot the cop. The witness was not charged. I'm sure he feels horrible that he had to take a life, but he stepped up to make sure no one else was hurt.
Prayers and pixie dust to all the police officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
And prayers to all who put their life on the line on a daily basis. The military, police and fireman. Thanks for all you do.

Belle--86
05-19-2007, 01:04 AM
how sad :crying: My thoughts and prayers go out to their famlies, friends, and fellow officers in this tough time.

MScholl13
05-19-2007, 03:10 PM
How terrible for his family! I don't understand how people can do things like this to other human beings.

I have several friends who work for a neighboring county's sheriff's office and they have had many many close calls. Although they are very good at what they do it always scares me to hear stories like this and realize what could happen.

jillluvsdisney
05-19-2007, 06:09 PM
I have a close friend that lives in Boston. I like to keep up with the Boston Herald every day. I read about that shooting in New Hampshire.

A Big Kid
05-20-2007, 11:18 AM
What's the saddest part of this tragedy is that the "waste of carbon" that did this was an illegal immigrant with a six year criminal record and as of tonight...still in this country.

I truly feel for this officier's family.

This sadly reminds me of my fellow Houston Police Officer Rodney Johnson who was killed in similar circumstances last year.

Rest in Peace, Brother-in-Law.