PDA

View Full Version : Who to contact?

Hayden's Dad
05-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I posted on another thread about our recent vacation last week and in all the magic that happened to us we had one small piece of tarnish.

My sister in law rented an ECV for the first time in AK. She has never used one before and was still getting used to the controls. Getting on the train to Planet Watch she was having problems backing into the spot asingned for her. The conducter who was helping them was very rude both to them and to others on the train. But the worst part was when we were heading back she was directing us to our seat (my son is in a wheelchair) SHE WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT MY BROTHER AND SISTER IN-LAW TO US!!! Now she had know idea who we were so she was complaining about guests to other guests, and it really made me upset. I feel like someone needs to know about this situation, but I don't know who to contact. Can anybody here help. Thanks.

DizneyRox
05-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Sadly that is the caliber of CM that Disney is hiring these days. I've seen it for the past few years and it appears to be getting worse. Disney employees should not be discussing other guests in front of guests, AND they should not be openly discussing dissatisfaction with their job either. Both are grounds for termination using the old Disney Employee Handbook.

You can maybe send an e-mail to [email protected]. Indicate that you would like to talk to someone regarding the situation, otherwise a call back isn't guaranteed.

Hayden's Dad
05-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Thank you I will try to contact them. Like I said that was the only bad spot of the whole trip, every other experience was wonderful, but as you can see I am still concerned about it. Thanks again.

Mickey91
05-18-2007, 09:28 AM
We have run into several rude CMs the last few years. My DH has always taken a "maybe they were having a bad day" approach and gets upset when I want to go to guest services to complain. However, it is becoming more frequent. Just the other night, after reading some of the negative experiences intercotees have had, he agreed that this year, rude and hateful CMs will be reported immediately to guest services.

I agree with DizneyRox, email guest relations. It's a start anyway.

Disney Parks have all been on the top 10 most visited parks around the world. I believe this is because of the wonderful service and treatment that "guests" receive from the CMs. As this treatment declines, and the desire for a larger profit margin continues through more generic and inferior products, I wonder if the the Disney Parks can stay on the top ten list?

glenpreece
05-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Any time I had a problem with a CM I made apoint of bringing it to someone's attention. I sent an e-mail to the address above about the rudeness of the CM's at the reservation centre. I was told I wasn't the only one and now they have survery's after each call to gage how the CM treated you. If it is in the parks I head to Guest Relations. I work in retail and get the whole bad day thing. But sometimes it is more than that and you should speak up.We all pay alot of money to go WDW and don't deserve to be treated poorly. So make your concerns known that's the only way things can be dealt with.

Hayden's Dad
05-18-2007, 02:00 PM
I agree with having a bad day, but I work in the service industry and when I am having a bad day I have to smile anyway. That's why they have a "backstage" and you definately don't vent you rbad day to guests you never know who is related to who. I did speak to guest services in the park, but the girl there I don't think understood what I was saying, but I will be writing to the address above later tonight.

minnie1956
05-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Hmm, usually they have their best cm's at guest relations. What in the conversation you had with her would make you believe she didn't understand the conversation?
I agree that the cast member was TOTALLY out of line, I'm sure with the increase in ECV;s and wheelchairs in general it can get tiring to deal with from THEIR perspective. But hey, it's part of the job. Complaining to other guests is just not acceptable.