PDA

View Full Version : Southwest makes changing flights VERY Easy

momofdisneyprincess
05-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I just wanted to write to tell you Southwest Airlines makes changing flights very easy. No wonder they are #1 in Customer Service. Here is the story.....On May 11th I purchased my fare home from Orlando at $99. ( 3 tickets at $328) The fare down was still too expensive at $170. On the 15th, I noticed the fare down was now $99 if you booked as a round trip - still $170 one way. So, I cancelled my first reservation and applied the credit to my new round trip tickets so I only had to pay an additional $328. Today, we decided to add a day to our vacation since it was Labor Day weekend and there was free dining. So, I changed my flight home from the 01 of Sept to the 02 of Sept all with no charge. The flight was still the same price!!! What other airline would let you change your flight twice without penalty? I'm so excited to have another day down there. Now, I have to try to get ADR's for one more night. That is the hardest part :thumbsup: I'm still keeping my eyes open for those $50 one way fares but didn't want to bank on it. If that happens, I can change my airfare again without penalty and just apply the credit to a future trip (within 12 mths of booking date).

January-2007
05-17-2007, 04:01 PM
So glad everything worked out for you! I'm always changing my mind on things too, you're not alone!

DisneyWhirled
05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Ditto!

We originally booked a great rate coming home but it was an EARLY flight. I checked daily to see if there was a lowwer price for a later flight and lo and behold, last Friday it came down. I called SW because someone had said that I would have to cancel and rebook everything, but that was not the case.

I went to change itinerary on their website and got the better flight time for even less $. I am so happy we won't have to pay an extra $500 to sleep until 8AM!!

RT from Manchester to Orlando for four of us totaled $589...yahoo!!

Crow
05-17-2007, 06:02 PM
sounds good. this will b my first flight w SW. got a $49 one way.
so now i need a flight in Sept for free dining....wondering how long i should wait to see if it gets cheaper? just keep checkin Ding i guess

Ian
05-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I totally agree!

Last year we were in WDW and decided we wanted to extend our stay for a few days.

With USAir, it would have cost me minimum $200, plus whatever the difference in fare was (which with USAir would have been at least $300 or $400). I guarantee it would have cost us at least $600 or $700.

With Southwest the entire thing cost me under $200.

TikiGoddess
05-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Southwest has been good to us too! I originally booked a Ding fare from Bradley (BDL) to MCO for our July trip -- $529 for 4 of us!! Then a couple of days later saw a Ding fare for Tampa (where we really wanted to fly into), called up SW, had them credit my account for the first flight, and booked the new Ding fare in about 10 minutes.

Now I'm watching Ding closely because there have been $44-49 one way fares listed for Tampa... would love to save another $80 for our next trip!

TikiG

figgie
05-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Glad to hear good things abouy SW. My son has been working for SW in Dallas and loves it. Let me tell you, after visiting him at work and going with my grandson to the Halloween party there, I get the warm fuzzys when I think of all the people I met. I really got the feeling they care about their passengers.

dizne4me
05-18-2007, 08:06 AM
I am so relieved to hear all these great things about SW. I am flying SW for the first time this August - and like another poster wrote - I also got the $49 one way- (total of 703. for 6 of us) this was a huge savings. I usually fly with USAir but SW prices couldn't be beat...I've heard good things about them and I am so glad to hear these great things are still being talked about.

MarkC
05-18-2007, 12:13 PM
SW is awesome. One great feature-- you can change your flight for no fee, it just depends on if the fare is the same. The one negative-- you can't go standby and take an earlier flight. They make you pay the full cost of that specific, which by then is usually much higher.

mttafire
05-18-2007, 09:08 PM
We usually drive but we are BIG fans of southwest "our fav. airline" We always use s.w. to goto Vegas.:thumbsup: