PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Free Dining will occur in 2008

mrshams
05-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I am just starting to plan my family's August 2008 vacation and was wondering how many times did Disney offer the free dining at the end of August. I know this year and last, but don't remember past that. Would you recommend I plan our vacation for the last week of August and hope that it occurs then too? I wouldn't normally go that late in the summer and the prices for the return airfare are a bit higher at that time (I guess because of Labor Day weekend). But for free dining, I'm willing to change plans.

disneyfan328
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
From what I have heard, and read, it seems to have been offered for about the last 3 years? Maybe more, but I am not positive. I know that last year it was offered from Late August to sometime near the end of October, and this year it is over 9/22. Who knows if they will offer it again, but per my TA, they usually offer some type of special to stay around this time. I believe in the past they have also done buy one get one night free for disney resorts. I guess you never know, but the specials won't be out for this time next year until at least april 2008 so you have a pretty long wait. Good Luck though. We are going for the free dining in September and are truly looking forward to being able to try some restaurants that we never would have been to were it not for the free dining.:thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
05-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Free Dining is just one of many promotions Disney offers to generate more bookings. Whether they run it again or not, depends on numerous factors, most of them probably not known to us. In general, they will run this or a similar promotion in the Fall after the summer peak season ends to help fill rooms/sell tickets. In short, it depends on how demand is running compared to where they need it to be to satisfy profits/earnings.

Also, these promotions aren't announced ahead of time, they just kind of spring them on us when they see fit. The best thing you can do is keep watching here on Intercot to see what's going to happen. Another thing you might want to consider is booking through Intercot's preferred travel agent, Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). These folks are INCREDIBLE, and they will automatically change your booking if a better plan comes out that fits your needs and saves you money. And, they don't cost you anything extra.

momofdisneyprincess
05-17-2007, 02:29 PM
That's exactly what I did this year. I originally had my travel agent book a room only package using my AAA rate. That week is value season so I believe the moderate resort was something like $120 a night. I then made my ADR's. Free dining was announced and my travel agent automatically switched me over. I did lose my AAA rate on my room. I think it went up to $145??? But, for the $25 a day I got food for all three of us. You never know if free dining will be offered next year but the crowds are lighter and value season starts the end of August so it is cheaper to go at that time. I also did not find the airfare any more expensive on that weekend (Labor Day). Good luck planning!!

tlhewitt52
05-17-2007, 03:42 PM
I would say book late August and keep your fingers crossed for next year. That's what I did we originally booked in December for late September knowing that one it was off season and two that they usually offered Free Dining during this time. Luckily for us it worked out this year and we got the promotion!! Saved us a ton of money more to spend on souvenirs and extras!!

faline
05-18-2007, 05:44 AM
This is the third year the free dining promotion has been offered.