PDA

View Full Version : Rental car deal question

Beckybalz
05-17-2007, 09:09 AM
It seems like all of the rental car discounts expire at the end of June. I am looking to rent a car in July. When will the rental companies release some new discounts that are valid in July?

Momof2boys
05-17-2007, 11:01 AM
If you have the Entertainment book you can use their rental car coupons until June 2008 - you can get some pretty decent discounts with these.

faline
05-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Keep checking the rental sites. Also, check any memberships you might belong to such as BJ's, Sam's Club, AAA etc. to see if they offer an discounts on car rentals.

Check with your airline. On one trip, the best price I found was an add-on to our airline tickets.

King Triton
05-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Becky, you should book now and continue to monitor. Yes, its true that most of the specials seem to end around 6/27 or so.

The thing about car rentals is that the prices are constantly changing, even more so than airlines. I happened to book Dollar for late August a week or so ago at a really good rate, but its gone up since.

The other thing about car rentals is that there is no penalty for changing or canceling a reservation. Book something now and keep looking. You can always rebook later. (Alamo and maybe others do have a pre-pay...not sure what the cancellation policies are there).

The coupon specials will soon be extended to beyond the end of June...and will certainly include your timeframe. They often position these as "last-minute" specials...the problem is they may also be sneaking up the base rate at the same time, so the so-called "special" really isn't special at all. Remember, you're going in July, so demand is going to be pretty high.