PDA

View Full Version : What Attraction Would You Refurbish At The Mk?

BritCody
05-17-2007, 07:09 AM
If you had the opportunity to refurbish one attraction at the Magic Kingdom, what would it be? Why do you want it refurbished and what are some of the details of your refurbishment?

For me it would be the Jungle Cruise. I think for me it has lost a little something with the addition of the AK and live animals. I would like to add the Jungle Book Characters in animatronics to the ride and have the ride tell a story of the characters adventure throughout the ride. The Tarzan Characters wouldn't be bad either, but I'd go with the Jungle Book.

PhilHarHarMagic
05-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Space Mountain for me - I love the ride, but they could make the improvements they made at Disneyland and it would be better.

How about chaning Indy to Highway 66, and theme it like Cars?

LibertyTreeGal
05-17-2007, 07:48 AM
Since Indy is a kids ride (I'd never wait in that long line for myself!), I'd love to see a Route 66 theme and my boys would love to drive Mater around backwards!

PhilHarHarMagic
05-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Where did I come up with Highway 66???

Of course I meant Route 66.

Got to remember:
Engage brain, then type
Engage brain, then type
Engage brain, then type

huzzah4
05-17-2007, 09:39 AM
For me it would be the Jungle Cruise. I think for me it has lost a little something with the addition of the AK and live animals. I would like to add the Jungle Book Characters in animatronics to the ride and have the ride tell a story of the characters adventure throughout the ride. The Tarzan Characters wouldn't be bad either, but I'd go with the Jungle Book.

SACRILEGE!!! I love the jungle cruise just as it is. It is a classic part of WDW and it would be almost criminal to bring characters into it who don't belong there. The corny jokes, sarcastic attitudes, and bad puns are what make this ride, not the animitronics and storyline. I would hate to see them change one of my all time favorites.

As for what I would have refurbished, Space Mountain is starting to look a little rundown, as is Peter Pan's Flight. I do like the idea of retheming the speedway to a Cars theme, that has never seemed to fit in WDW at all to me.

Zippy_D_DooDah
05-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Country Bear Jamboree. It has not changed since I ws a kid and it shows. The audio track was Bear-ly audible and it just seemed extremely dated. My 3 year old daughter really like it, but I think there is a lot of room to improve it.

I would keep the same show and add a better audio track and maybe update the animatronics.

tinkerbell37
05-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Space mountain (sence you can't see it anyways) All the other classics i want to stay the same. Thats the great part about them. I was happy they did do to much to POTC actually.:mickey:

Figgyluv03
05-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Indy Speedway

King Triton
05-17-2007, 12:14 PM
I'd also go with Indy Speedway. Could be very cool, but isn't.

SBETigg
05-17-2007, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't add characters to the Jungle Cruise or change it all that much, but it could use some touching up and maybe some new jokes.

Trixie1822
05-17-2007, 12:19 PM
indy speedway or may be carousel of progress

2MuchWDFun
05-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Peter Pan...it's still fun but it's looking a little rough around the edges.

Definitely Space Mountain...needs an update like at DL!

Kate In Wonderland
05-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Good question! Hmmm...I think I'd have to agree with Indy Speedway and Space Mountain.

Can "refurb" mean putting it back to the way it was before? If that's the case, I'd have to go with the Tiki Room. I love Iago and Zazu and all, but I want the nostalgic original back!

Polynesian Dweller
05-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Really torn on this one, hmm, hmm.:confused:

I agree about Space Mountain having ridden the one a DLR and it is much better from the entrance to the loading to the cars.

But, if I HAVE to choose one I guess it would be Carousel of Progress. The turntable needs refurb to make it move reliably and there always seems to be something broken in the various scenes.

mttafire
05-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Peter Pan...it's still fun but it's looking a little rough around the edges.

Definitely Space Mountain...needs an update like at DL!
agreed.. Ill also add that it seems that s.m. WILL soon get a rehab. Not sure on the extent or time down required to do the rehab.

Belle619
05-17-2007, 04:32 PM
I agree with a few of the posts. I'd have to say:

1.) Indy Speedway -they have the perfect opportunity to do something with the Cars theme here.

2.) Jungle Cruise - just to spruce it up, but they shouldn't change the overall theme of the ride.

3.) CoP - the final scene could use updating.

dumbo ears
05-17-2007, 04:42 PM
jungle cruise and space mountain

StitchplusTink=STINK
05-17-2007, 05:44 PM
definetly haunted mansion!!!!!!!! everything is soooooooooooooooooo out of synch and it has lost it's touch.

BrerSchultzy
05-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Personally, I hope they don't do too much to Space Mountain...maybe just a little bit of TLC, but I don't want a spaced out version of RNR...that just doesn't seem very MK to me.

Refurb Indy. Sure.

But can I stretch the word refurb to mean a complete overhaul of Ariel's Grotto? If so...then that's what I want done.

LoriMistress
05-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Space Mountain. They need to refurbish like they did at DLR. After riding the improved version at DLR...it's amazing! You will absolutely love it and want to ride it non-stop.

Donald Duck 224
05-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Space mountain. Havent rode the one at DL, but it is very bumpy and not as smooth as it could be.

LudwigVonDrake
05-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Even though I won't be able to ride it in July, I am happy to hear the Haunted Mansion is getting some TLC :hmghost:

Deesdisney
05-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Indy for me too!!! My daughter would love to ride in Lightning. We went there last year and she was upset that there was no Lightning.

SallyfromDE
05-17-2007, 07:46 PM
I'd redo the Speedway to the "Cars" theme.

wire0monkey
05-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Country Bears is getting shabby to the point of embarrassing. (Or do I mean "em-bear-assing"?)

My kids love it, but it seems like it barely works.

wedway fan
05-21-2007, 05:57 PM
one more vote for indy and a "cars" theme- makes too much sense.

and just as the unwavering consistency of the jungle cruise is religious to some, the breakdowns and faulty turntable of the CoP are part of the experience for me! never forget about 20 years ago sitting through each scene 2-3 times, and hounding my folks with a chorus of "now is the time..." for the rest of the trip.

pook@wdw
05-21-2007, 06:56 PM
With the opening of AK, I think they could take out the Jungle Cruise altogether, and come up w/a whole new attraction. AS far as refurb, I would have to say the Indy speedway. Something w/a CARS theme would be great!:car:

glenpreece
05-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Space Mountain!!! It kills my back so bad I won't evev ride it anymore. It is in need of a refurb really bad.

PhilHarHarMagic
05-21-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm with you on Country Bear Jamboree. Seems like having some new speakers would help...

snifflesmcg
05-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Country Bear Jamboree. It has not changed since I ws a kid and it shows.

AGREED!!!! It's pretty rundown. I would also change the Indy speedway. It doesn't fit into the park's theme well.

dumbo ears
05-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Space mountain. I would like them to make it like disneylands because Ive heard disneylands is much better than the one at Mk.

if not SM, then tom sawyer island.

mickey&missy
05-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I totally agree with everyone who said Indy Speedway!!! :car: :car:
They really have the perfect opportunity to make it something great with a Cars theme. Both of my kids love Indy Speedway and Cars. If they changed it I may never get them out of the cars!!

disneyboundagain
05-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I am suprised I haven't seen this ride posted yet. When we there last December the cars (someone's going to shoot me for not knowing the correct name) on Buzz Lightyear were rather worn. They just didn't seem up to Disney's exceptional standards.

celebrationasheley
05-21-2007, 10:43 PM
But isn't indy speedway supposed to be changed to the cars theme? I saw a pic in the disney stockholders yearly report.

One I would change is space mountain. And maybe change buzz lightyear controllers to the way Men In Black is in Universal.

Ms.Disney
05-21-2007, 10:55 PM
We saw the Country Bears on Sunday and we could not even understand what they were saying or singing. Its really sad. I would have to say Country Bears is in [B]REAL[B] need to some TLC. Peter Pan is in close second, I love both attractions but they both are showing there age.

tplmarc
05-22-2007, 02:39 AM
POTC get those characters from the movies in there! JK.

I would say space mountain or GMR get a new scene in there.

2Epcot
05-22-2007, 02:16 PM
A) Space Mountain
B) Indy Speedway

indytraveler
05-22-2007, 02:38 PM
I noticed several years ago that IASW needed refurb. See what a coat of new paint can do. At the same time I said something about the CB Jamboree. That didn't get it but rather HM is getting theirs. I'd have to agree on that one. So CB is still in need of one. Anything there would be an upgrade. New characters? New soundtrack? New anything. Petrer Pan I agree is rough around the edges as is SM. When a park is 36 yrs. old it tends to lack its original luster. New Buzz controllers wouldn't be a bad idea either.

pianobabe
05-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I love the idea of Indy going to a Cars theme. That would be very cool.
Also, I would want to see something done with the waiting area for Dumbo. There is always such a long wait and it's always so hot. I love the ride, but a different line up would be nice.

Stu29573
05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I like the Indy/Cars ideas. What about having part of the ride inside? It could be a dark ride AND a...well, whatever kind of ride it is now....:mickey:

KAJUNKING
05-23-2007, 03:19 PM
space mountain, and the speedway and also the final scene on cop :mickey:

jcshiff
05-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Why just the final scene on COP? It seems a little weird that it jumps from the 40's to the future. Of course it made sense when the show was first built in the 60's, but now there are six decades of tomorrows that are just skipped over. Let's keep the first scene, do very minor tweaks to the 40's to make it the 50's, put in a beginning of the 21st century scene with modern technology, then go crazy with a 2050 future scene.

CU Tiger
05-23-2007, 08:52 PM
I agree that the Indy cars need updating. Go to the “Cars” Movie theme. :mickey:

Mikey Piano 23
05-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Space Mountain even though I wouldnt want to be there when it is close for renovation. :mickey:

Darin M
05-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Yes I said it, but listen up. I came up with this idea while thinking of The Maelstrom, but it works. It's very simple and doesn't take away from POC's essence and storyline.

I would keep it the way it is, but just refurb the boats you ride in, to resemble little pirate ships, and add some 3-D. For instance, when you pass by the huge pirate ship, I would put a screen behind it that has other ships in the distance shooting 3-D cannonballs at you making your ship rumble a bit. With that same technology I would install some screens where 3-D pirates would shoot things at you and throw things at you. This way you get the full pirate experience. Now of course I would put these screens in spots where nothing is going on, this way it just adds to the attraction and doesn't take away any of the ride that makes it a Disney classic.

katzctkpt
05-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I would say that CBJ definately needs a facelift. We did that show 3 yrs ago and it was bad then. The Indy cars needs revamped. If they were more like real go carts that you actually controlled w/out the guide underneath it would make for a better ride and probably be a more popular attraction. MY DH would like to see 20,000 leagues under the sea brought back in place of Ariel's Grotto.

Juniorunc2001
05-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I would agree w/ everyone - CBJ needs the most work, but COP or SM would be a close second and third.

Can we refurb Stitch and The Tiki Room back to what it was before??

mainemajor
05-27-2007, 08:32 PM
SM has my vote. Went on last year and it is very uncomfortable. I do agree with those wanting to bring back original Tiki and Alien rides.
Sad that i'm going to miss HM in August on my next visit

Guya103
05-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I think that the Speedway in Tomorrowland should be overhauled. It should be taken out or done over. It is very noisy and has a smell. Perhaps it should be themed with the movie, Cars.:mickey:

DisneyNut2005
05-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Can we refurb Stitch and The Tiki Room back to what it was before??

No. They're just fine as they are now...and they are not going to regress in cases like these.

MinnieMommie
05-28-2007, 06:32 AM
SM - This is a major attraction and needs to be kept up as such. I've heard great things about SM in DL. There's really no reason not to give SM some TLC! :mickey:

RocknRoller94
07-27-2007, 06:07 PM
In a new Figment Ride, let's make Dream Finder CEO of the Imagination Institute.:mickey:

DisneyLuver91
07-27-2007, 10:21 PM
I'd love to see a smoother track at Space Mountain and some new paint on Peter Pan's Flight, but I think the Indy Speedway needs to have a "Cars" theme. And the AWFUL smell there needs to be fixed a bit. Run on super batteries?

texasteacher
07-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Journey into the Imagination ride with Figment. I wish they would bring back the original opening and then liven the rest of it up.

alilprincessmom
07-28-2007, 11:13 AM
I will go with so many others here and say Indy Speedway should be updated with a Cars theme. That is a perfect opportunity, and Indy is just totally out of date!

GhostHost999
07-28-2007, 12:16 PM
I am thinking that one ride that could use just a little tweaking is the Jungle Cruise.

I love the ride, but I just want a little animatronic upgrade here and there.

emmingo
07-28-2007, 12:25 PM
By "refurbishing" can I mean, "bring back the old Tiki Room"?

Toad
07-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Here is what I think needs to be refurbished at the MK:

Main Street, USA - If Walt were alive, he would be horrified to see what Main Street has become. Nostalgic exhibits like the Main Street Cinema, the Penny Arcade, or the House of Magic have been destroyed by Disney accountineers in favor of banal stores that sell the same stuff as every other store in the park. Talk about bad show.

The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management- 10 years of new managment is more than enough. The original show was a lot better and not as a dumb.

Country Bear Jamboree - The sound system needs to be improved.

The Hall of Presidents - Disney should invest in a digital projection system.

Fantasyland - The whole land could use a facelift similar to that in Disneyland. Most of the attractions are fine as they are, however, some like Peter Pan or Snow White could be further enhanced with new special effects.

Winnie the Pooh's Playful Spot- Needs to be demolished and replaced with a new version of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Toad was a stylistic tour de force that demonstrated how so much could be acheived with so little. It should be possible to expand upon the genius of the original.

Mickey's Toontown Fair - Has the potential to be more than a slight diversion located in between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - Needs to be better integrated into Tomorrowland.

Space Mountain - The track could be improved to make the ride smoother and the vehicles should be replaced with more comfortable ones. Also the addition of another tunnel might make the ride more interesting. Some have suggested the addition of an on-ride soundtrack, however, I think on-ride music might detract from the ride's mystery.

Carousel of Progress - The last scene should be updated.

aprilshowers93
07-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I think the indy speedway is a waste of space in the magic kingdom, which seems to never expand only replace. I think the space should be an expansion of fantasy land and add a new dark ride.

The cars themed ride in the annual report is going to be like test track for california adventure. I think Indy with a cars theme would still not be the best use of the Magic Kingdom's space. (considering it could REALLY use a new E-ticket). Oh, and take out Stitch and put something tomorrowish in there.