PDA

View Full Version : Help! Wilderness Cab. or 2 Rms @ Pop?

MouseManiac
05-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Doesn't it figure?? When I booked our fall "free dining" package they didn't offer the Wilderness cabins, so I booked two rooms at Pop... Guess what? They now offer it as an accommodation choice! :fit: What should I do?

We are a family of 5... myself, DH, DD 5, DS 5, DD 3. When I was looking before the free plan came out, I thought the cabins would suit us because I have it in my mind that they will be quieter, and more conducive to winding down the children at the end of the day... Plus you can make breakfast!

Help me out here guys! :unsure: Should I Cancel the existing ressie, and rebook at Wilderness? Please convince me one way or the other!! Best sales pitches for either much appreciated!

Thanks!

TammiMcMan
05-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Well, lets see now. By staying with 2 rooms at the Pop, you double your bathroom. Probably not a big deal with small children. At the cabins, you gain a kitchen and your own private deck. I don't think there's much difference with transportation, although you do have the boat launch to the MK from the cabins. If you are bringing a car, you can park it right in front of your cabin. At FW, they don't have any fancy pools, but there are playgrounds, a beach, hayrides, farm animals, Wishes views from the beach and a nightly campfire sing-a-long and movie with Chip & Dale. The Pop's theming probably has more of a Disney feel, but you definitely get rest and relaxation at the cabins.

Personally, my family loves staying at FW.

January-2007
05-17-2007, 09:41 AM
I would choose the Fort Wilderness Cabins if I were in your situation. Connecting rooms are never guaranteed at the resorts, so you could end up with 2 rooms not next to each other. Also, we just love Fort Wilderness. There would be a place for everyone to sleep, plus you could put the kids down to nap in the bedroom while the two of you enjoy some time to yourselves. There is so much to do in Fort Wilderness, as previously mentioned, that I would not hesitate to stay there. Either way you'll have a fun vacation, but I think that in the cabins your vacation would be a lot more relaxing. Happy planning! :mickey:

Mickey91
05-17-2007, 11:36 AM
If you can get the free dining, I say go with the cabin. There are so many fun things to do at Fort Wilderness! Plus you're just a boat ride away from MK!:mickey:

sly1
05-17-2007, 11:41 AM
I would definitely go with the cabin. Kids love fort wilderness and you get a full kitchen.

BelleCiavo
05-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Another vote for the cabins. Very, very relaxing. I loved the campfire program.
Karen :mickey:

princessesmom
05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
We are a family of 6 and we stay at FW in a cabin. We love it there. The kids get the bedroom and my husband and I take the murphy bed in the living room. It is wonderful having a kitchen with a table where we can all sit down. We do not cook lunch or dinner, but we do have breakfast in the cabin every morning before heading out for the day. It saves a lot of time and money! It is very quiet and relaxing. My only complaint would be the pools, they are not themed and do not have even a slide. But since we have never stayed anywhere else, my children don't know the difference. I much prefer staying there to being in a hotel.

Jimenyfan
05-17-2007, 01:32 PM
I vote for the cabins also. We absolutly loved it there, it was peaceful and quiet after a long day in the parks. We didnt use the kitchen a whole lot but it was great for throwing together a snack anytime during the day.

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Although I love the cabins, I'm going to have to vote for Pop. The only thing I didn't like about the cabins was the fact that you have to take a bus to one point in order to get on a bus to go to the parks. With three small children, I can see that as being a really bad thing when everyone is tired at the end of the day. Although, if you're driving your own vehicle, this won't be an issue. Also, we got a room in the 70s section at Pop right next to the water "playground". My nephew, who was 2 when we went, absolutely loved it. They also have a real playground there. Our rooms were always quiet, my sister never said anything about having trouble putting my nephew down to sleep, and we have never had any trouble getting connecting rooms for our kids.

Although, if you're planning on spending a lot of "quiet" time at your resort, the cabins might be better. I did love sitting out at the table early in the morning or late at night and listening to the quiet.

hoop de do
05-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Cabin :thumbsup:

AFDisneyFam
05-20-2007, 10:55 AM
My vote is for a cabin. My parents treated us to a cabin during Thanksgiving last year, and we had a blast! There were six of us, 4 adults and 2 children, 8 &7. The kids thought it was great to be "camping at Disney".

With 4 smaller children, my guess is that you'll spend most of your time at MK. Ft. Wilderness would certainly be a lot closer than the Values. Also, the kitchen was a nice amenity, as we almost always have our breakfast at the resort before we head to the parks.

HTH!

A Big Kid
05-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Cabins.

I find them a little more secluded that the POP, which I HATE.

I stayed there with 4 females. In order to get bathroom/shower time, I just strolled over to a comfort station.

Anytime we go with a big group, we stay at the cabins.

Besides, you are close to the Whispering Canyon Cafe with the kis are sure to love.

moe513
05-20-2007, 11:12 AM
If cabins were your first choice go with them.

TheRustyScupper
05-20-2007, 11:25 AM
1) I think you are PERFECT for the FW cabins.
. . . kids can easily sleep away from parents
. . . kitchen can supply breakfast or late snack
. . . car can park at the cabin, with no walking
2) Plus, FW has activities not available at POP
. . . walking trails
. . . light sports
. . . bicycling
. . . relaxing, slow-paced atmosphere
3) Additionally, it has the campground mindset.
4) A great place to take a non-park day
5) Or, a non-park evening.

NOTE: This is not a slam against POP or All Stars, but with your family make-up, I think the cabins are best.

CU Tiger
05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Cabins!! :number1: There is a lot to do in FW and it is quiet. I also like having the full kitchen. :mickey: