PDA

View Full Version : Crocs question

Mnchknbrat1982
05-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I got a pair of crocs from dillard's this weekend. And because the fact that I have such a narrow foot I ended up getting a youth cayman's instead of an adult women, I can't stand to have much room around my ankle.....like an inch, I want sandals to be pretty snug. Even though I normally wear an 8. I was figuring I could wear them to the parks the days that we are at the parks with the water rides. So here is my problem. I wore them today without socks to break them in with the strap on my ankle and they rubbed a blister on the side of my foot. Anyone else have this problem? As I was hoping to be able to wear them without socks. Also do they make anyone else's feet sweat really bad? Should I try them with socks before I return them? Or should I try them with the ankle strap moved to the front? I'm just worried about my foot slipping out in the park so that is why I liked the idea of the strap.

goin2disney
05-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Are they real crocs? I know many of the look alike pairs have caused a blister in the same area because the real crocs do not have that small part that goes into your foot from where it is attached on the croc it is indented in. I don't know if that makes sense or not but I have noticed the difference. I do not think Dillards sells real crocs by us.

Mnchknbrat1982
05-16-2007, 08:47 PM
yes they are the real crocs.

goin2disney
05-16-2007, 08:51 PM
I would suggest trying a different style. Maybe the flip flop type croc. My sons wear theirs all the time. My youngest has Mickey crocs:mickey: and they have not complained. I personally do not like them because I always feel like they are going to fall of my feet and I have big feet and they look much bigger with them on.
I was just about to post about flip flops because we are leaving Friday and was wondering if their are any ride restrictions with flip flops.

Mnchknbrat1982
05-16-2007, 08:54 PM
well I can't wear flip flops in the parks......I have a leg that is shorter than the other and get leg pains when standing on concrete for long periods of time. I was hoping these would relieve some of that!

celebrationasheley
05-16-2007, 08:58 PM
I wear the mary janes. They fit my foot better and are very comfortable. Two straps. One on top and one one back.

4myprincesses
05-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Try the Croc Capri. I have a narrow foot and they are WONDERFUL! They are like a flip-flop but with the support and such of any other Croc...like walking on a cloud.

Go on Crocs sight and look for the shoes that are specifically designed for a woman's foot and get a size smaller than you normally wear if your foot runs a tad narrow. Several in my family have ordered according to that and have found they fit great and they love them!

Dopey's Girl
05-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I wear the mary janes. They fit my foot better and are very comfortable. Two straps. One on top and one one back.

This is just what I was going to say...I have regular cayman crocs and just got the mary janes, and the mary janes are so much more comfy. They are much more narrow and fit my feet much better! I don't feel like they are constantly going to fall off!

Mnchknbrat1982
05-16-2007, 09:53 PM
thanks for everyone's comments I'm trying something I heard on another board about putting them in the dryer for 5 minutes and then wearing them with socks until they cool down....they say the back strap pushes the foot forward causes them to rub.The heat and your foot in the shoe while hot cause it to form to your foot when it cools.

Mnchknbrat1982
05-16-2007, 09:59 PM
This is just what I was going to say...I have regular cayman crocs and just got the mary janes, and the mary janes are so much more comfy. They are much more narrow and fit my feet much better! I don't feel like they are constantly going to fall off!

This is actually why I got a youth cayman as the women's that were the right size for me I felt like I was going to walk right out of. And I hate having a shoe slip up on me. So I went with the ones that I felt like my foot fit the best in. I got a 5 youth and I normally wear an 8. So this tells you how the sizes vary so much! The 6-7 womens were way too big!!

kakn7294
05-16-2007, 11:26 PM
You can gently stretch the back strap by pulling on it - just be careful to not pull so hard as to tear where it is attached to the shoe. I have never gotten blisters but I don't wear mine with the strap in the back. I do prefer them with socks as they make my bare feet sweat too. I don't sweat with socks on. I tried the Mary Jane style and I hate them - they were too narrow for me. You might need to try different styles until you find what's right for you, if any. I've heard of the dryer thing too, but be careful as I've also heard of them melting beyond recognition!

Darbylew
05-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I can not wear crocks as my feet or to narrow.
They just are to wide for me. I always wear
good walking shoes in the parks. Sorry that you
are having a problem with them.

DisneyDudet
05-17-2007, 12:18 AM
I have an odd case of a super narrow heel, so tennis shoes bother me.

I wear Crocs to work (I'm an nurse) and I wear them all over the place (other pairs). I bought some Mary Janes and it makes them make a nasty little sound when I walk! But still really cute.
The size in the regular crocs are about the same size as what I normally wear. My Mary Janes, are bigger, if that tells you anything.

My major issue is, my toes hitting the front.

I only wear tennis shoes at the parks for the support. I've heard fallen arches are no fun!

And yes, my feet sweat in all of them. Its worse w/ my work ones (no holes) and I do wear socks w/ those.

Willowwind
05-17-2007, 07:55 AM
I have crocs endeavors (no vents) that I wear to work and they give me blisters on the topside of my foot. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one who has had this problem. Socks are the only way I've been able to get around it. But, I've discovered lots of cute low cut socks at Target.

Funcruiser56
05-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I got a pair of the Cleos and they fit on the normal/narrow side, very comfortable though.
When I wore regular crocs in the park I had to wear no show socks with them since my feet did sweat alot! I wear them with the strap forward since I don't like my toes being pushed to the front of the shoe. I don't have the sweat problem with the Cleo's just the closed toe Crocs.
My DD got the Mary Janes and wore them to WDW and got blisters on her feet, she wore socks the next time and it was much better.

Bev

chernabog2
05-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi!

I have 4 pairs of Crocs (one pair each of brown and black for work - "professional" style; Also a pair of khaki Cayman's, which I wore to my last 2 trips to WDW - and they are wonderful! My feet normally sweat, but I found that by wearing a pair of socks that "wick" away the moisture (sold in sports stores for running) and a pair of regular white short crew socks over them, I have no problems at all - and my feet usually sweat. The other pair of Crocs? Why, the red adult Disney Crocs, of course! (By the way, you can now purchase these at the Disney Store online.) :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
05-27-2007, 06:13 PM
My feet sweat something fierce, which is why I went with the Cleo style for my first pair of Crocs. But I got my mother a pair of Caymen's for Mother's Day and she wears them with socks to prevent sweating as well. I don't think she's ever gotten a blister. We have small feet as well, I was afraid the women's 6 would be too big for her but she loves them!

MNNHFLTX
05-27-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't have any Crocs, but have had my fair share of experience with shoes/sandals that rub the wrong way. Buy some moleskin (no it's not really moleskin, just a soft material) at the drugstore, cut a piece to fit over the area that is getting irritated (it is self-adhesive once you peel the backing off). It helps cut down on the friction between the shoe and skin and you may not even have to wear socks with your Crocs. :)