PDA

View Full Version : Dining Time Suggestions

jenperich
05-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I already asked this question, but I guess I didn't word it correctly. I'm going at the end of November to these restaurants. Does anyone have suggestions as to what time in the day to eat we should book our ADRs for these restaurants?

Sci-Fi Dine-In (dinner)
Garden Grill (lunch)
San Angel Inn (dinner)
50's Prime-Time (dinner)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
Le Cellier (dinner)
Kona Cafe (breakfast)
Tony's Town Square (dinner)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DDuck66
05-17-2007, 09:20 AM
When planning meal times there are a couple of things to remember.
1. How many are in your party.
2. What times are the Parks Closing.
The bigger the party, the harder it will be to get seatings. A lot of the restaurants only have limited large party tables. Also, a lot of the parks tend to close earlier during the winter/fall times of the year.

Generally speaking, it is sometimes easier to get ADR's for not the usual times. For instance, have an early dinner (around 4:30 or 5:00) and it will not be as crowded. Breakfasts are almost always crowded by 8:30, but the wait is usually not to bad if you follow your time schedule. Make sure you arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your scheduled meal.
All of that being said, there is not any one particular time that is better than another.
Last reminder is that if you are traveling from a Park to a resort for a meal, make sure to give yourself ample time for the travel. I would suggest at least a hour.
Last but defiantely not least.....HAVE FUN!!

illini
05-17-2007, 09:54 AM
I agree with the previous poster about the many variables that affect dining times.

I do, however, have a couple of recommendations. Try to book the Crystal Palace breakfast early, before the MK opens. That way, you can be in the park before opening and walk down a relatively deserted Main Street.

In general, though, I prefer to do breakfasts as more of a brunch kind of thing when possible, particularly if we're doing MK and eating at a resort. That way, you can get in some early touring at the park, then have a leisurely breakfast without feeling rushed. With that in mind, I'd book the latest possible seating for Kona.

If you're not going during Thanksgiving week, the parks are going to be closing pretty early. If you have kids, you won't want to wait until after they close to eat dinner, so I'd go for an early dinner so you can still participate in the evening festivities.