PDA

View Full Version : Yacht club question

moe513
05-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Do all the standard rooms have full balconies. For two seperate vacation the person at wdw reservation told me they are all full ,but I have read on intercot that it is not the case. thanks

DisneyMomx7
05-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I believe all, or at least most, of the rooms at YC have full balconies or patios. It seems the BC has the stand up only balconies.

TammiMcMan
05-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Definitely no! There are more rooms with full balconies at the YC as compared to the BC, but not all the rooms at the YC have a full size balcony. A number of them are standing room, some are shared with other rooms (no privacy panel) and some locations of the resort don't have balconies at all.

moe513
05-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks

Spaceship Tigger
05-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Definitely no! There are more rooms with full balconies at the YC as compared to the BC, but not all the rooms at the YC have a full size balcony. A number of them are standing room, some are shared with other rooms (no privacy panel) and some locations of the resort don't have balconies at all.

Tammi - I know you know a lot about the YC/BC so I am inclined to believe what you say about the balconies. But it's really strange that every other source that I've looked up has said that all YC rooms have full balconies (including one very trusted source). That's why we almost stayed there for our next trip, and probably will stay there eventually. Why would all of these other sources be incorrect?

TammiMcMan
05-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Tammi - I know you know a lot about the YC/BC so I am inclined to believe what you say about the balconies. But it's really strange that every other source that I've looked up has said that all YC rooms have full balconies (including one very trusted source). That's why we almost stayed there for our next trip, and probably will stay there eventually. Why would all of these other sources be incorrect?I have no idea why they don't have completely accurate information. I can give you some room numbers though, 3005 has a standing room balcony, 3001 and 3009 don't even have a balcony. Unless they've managed to somehow change the balcony configuration, which maybe your source can confirm if they're a YC employee. For now though, I know those have a different setup. Full balconies are in the majority, especially as compared to the BC, but it can't be quantified as "all".

Spaceship Tigger
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I have no idea why they don't have completely accurate information. I can give you some room numbers though, 3005 has a standing room balcony, 3001 and 3009 don't even have a balcony. Unless they've managed to somehow change the balcony configuration, which maybe your source can confirm if they're a YC employee. For now though, I know those have a different setup. Full balconies are in the majority, especially as compared to the BC, but it can't be quantified as "all".

By 'sources' I just mean books and websites (so maybe it's not all that trusted of a source). That's why I'm more likely to believe someone like you with firsthand knowledge. Maybe these sources had not known about those rooms since there are so few of them.

In any case, I would make sure and try to avoid one of these rooms if I felt that part of what I was paying for is a balcony (which is important to me).

BrerGnat
05-18-2007, 11:31 PM
My question is, WHY would they make some rooms without balconies at all? I just don't understand this. If you are paying for a deluxe room and the description on Disney's own website says the room has a balcony, how can it not?

I'm not questioning you Tammi, I'm just wondering what in the construction would make it impossible to include a balcony with each room?

They do this too at the Grand Californian hotel at DLR. I was about to make a reservation there, but they could not guarantee me a balcony, and we NEED a balcony. It just peeves me that they manage to construct rooms where they cannot put a balcony outside, but then they charge the same amount for these rooms.

I have also heard about the rooms at the YC/BC that have DOUBLE beds in them instead of queens. I would be livid if I ended up with one of those rooms! Why did they do THAT???

I really want to stay at the YC, but I also really want to know for sure what my room is going to have when I arrive in it.

TammiMcMan
05-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Natalie, it's the design of the building that limited the balcony space and floor space for some of the rooms. The theme is sort of beach-side cottage, lighthouse feel. That means some angles and/or roof slopes that can't support a balcony. There are some people who don't mind not having a balcony, we had a room at the GF without one and I honestly didn't miss it all that much.

I don't think the YC has any of the double bed rooms, but they do have a few of the "parlor" style rooms as they call them. These are the ones with the king bed that pulls down out of the wall. The BC does have some double bed rooms, they seem to be primarily located in the corners, so again, probably just the building design making a few rooms smaller. I don't imagine they assign the non-balcony rooms or double bed rooms unless they absolutely need them or perhaps they categorize them mainly for the convention groups.

moe513
05-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the info.Yc is our favorite resort because of the location.