PDA

View Full Version : GF questions

PracticallyPerfectMollie
05-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi all! My family and I are eating at the GF one night during our stay on the saturday before thanksgiving. We've never been to GF, can you see any fireworks or the floating parade from there? if so, what time and where? Thanks, I'm hoping a visit there will convince DH to stay there next time.

TammiMcMan
05-16-2007, 01:06 PM
If you're eating at Narcoossee's, you're in luck. You can see both the Electric Water Parade and fireworks right from that restaurant. If you're eating elsewhere on the property, you'll need to make your way down to the boat dock or marina in order to see them. The boat dock is probably the best spot for the water parade, but it's fairly small and there's really no seating.

According to the park hours, Wishes will be shown at 8pm. The electric water parade comes by at around 9:15.

TheRustyScupper
05-16-2007, 06:26 PM
1) We eat at the GF frequently.
2) However, we eat "inside" and fore-go the fireworks.
3) But, we don't think they enhance dinner all that much.
4) Go to Citricos and enjoy the food and atmosphere.

NOTE: Sure, I am probably in the minority, but fireworks during my dinner is not a priority for us. To us, it breaks up the mode and tempo of the meal. And, just like the food quality and uniqueness, timing and pace is VERY important is a good meal.

PracticallyPerfectMollie
05-17-2007, 08:24 AM
We are doing 1900 park fare. I thought if there was a viewing area outside or the floating parade, we might could time dinner so that we could go see them afterwords. I don't even know how to begin timing that to work out. Any suggestions?

TammiMcMan
05-17-2007, 08:30 AM
I don't even know how to begin timing that to work out. Any suggestions?I probably wouldn't plan my ADR for later than 7:15pm. Chances are you won't be seated immediately and it is a character meal, so you want to be sure you get to see everyone. It is a buffet, so you can eat when you're ready. If you finish up a bit early, you can walk along the grounds and maybe even take the pathway over to the Poly and watch the water parade from their beach. That may be a bit more comfortable for you,