PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose's or Hollywood and Vine?

bethanne6245
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
My family and I are trying to decide between the two rest's for the Fantasmic package. In your opinion which one is better?

snifflesmcg
05-16-2007, 12:24 PM
It all depends on what you like. I've eaten at both and they are both....ok. I think Hollywood and Vine have more selections and it's an all you can eat buffet. If you have picky eaters you might want to do that. However, Mama Melrose has the best Ricotta Cheesecake...it's to die for.

angedeaile
05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I strongly suggest looking at their menus (they are under InfoCentral).

Whatever appeals to you the most, go with!

I personally have eaten at H&V. It was good, especially if you like buffets. My picky DB (9yrs) didn't like it so much...the only thing that appealed to him were the chicken nuggets.

Due to the picky eating habits of my brother, I decided to eat at Mama Melrose next time. Italian food is more his thing and after looking at the menu, the flatbread options sure sound delicious.

Either way, you can't loose! Both are great and have their positives and negatives. What it really comes down to is the fact that only you know what you and your family will enjoy eating.

Belle's Mom
05-16-2007, 02:59 PM
We chose H&V because Mama's was more of a set menu. We wanted more variety and we got that at H&V. Good food, IMO.:number1:

mpoppinsgirl
05-16-2007, 06:47 PM
We ate at Hollywood and Vine last year and I did not like it at all!! :twocents: There was nothing on the buffet that we liked. We are going to try Mama Melrose's this year!

DisneyorBust
05-16-2007, 09:02 PM
We have eaten at H&V on a number of occasions, we have enjoyed the variety. Being a buffet, our family (including a picky DD) have all found something that we liked.
Last year we tried Mama Melrose's. We liked it very much, especially the flatbreads. If you have someone who loves Italian food, give it a try!

alittleGrumpy
05-16-2007, 09:30 PM
My :twocents: would be Mama Melrose's. We have done both (actually H&V twice) and would choose MM again, although we have more than likely ruled out the package because it is just too early to eat for us.

Good luck with your choice!!!:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
05-17-2007, 02:15 AM
I never ate at Mama Melrose but I really enjoyed H&V:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
We have done the package at both restaurants. We really enjoyed our meal at Hollywood and Vine last month -- All of us (me, DH, DS8 and DS3). There was lots of variety. None of us enjoyed Mama Melrose last year -- the kids wouldn't even eat the pasta. I think you will get arguments on both sides....it all depends on what you like to eat. We like fish and vegetables and cuts of meat -- so H & V really suited us. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-17-2007, 09:04 AM
I agree with the post above, it really depends on what you like.

We've been to both H&V and Mama Melrose, and for our family, MM is the better choice.

We found H&V to be very loud, and there wasn't a lot in the buffet that we liked. The whole restuarant felt busy and rushed.

Mama Melrose is just regular italian food, but it is good. We also liked the quieter setting, giving a better break from the park.

bethanne6245
05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Thank you all for your input!
I really love italian food so Mama Melrose may win out. I did look and the H&V menu. Some of the sauces they use seem a bit strange (rootbeer with potatoes i think it was?) I'm kind of a plain jane as I dont care for a lot of different sauces. Are all their foods in "different" sauces?