PDA

View Full Version : big river grille

kgoulash
05-16-2007, 12:19 PM
has anyone gotten take out from here? i see on the menu boards you can dine in or take out and i'm planning on eating in our room (villa) a night or two to give the kids a break.
just wondering if it was good
thanks
:mickey:

Figment!
05-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Anyone? :search:

Natazu
05-22-2007, 05:04 AM
Truth is, the last couple of times we've gone into Big River Grill, it was so dirty, we left. But yes, you can go up to the bar and order take-out.

moe513
05-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Can you elaborate on "dirty" , we are planning on going there for lunch if we have to wait for our room. Thanks

Natazu
05-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Can you elaborate on "dirty" , we are planning on going there for lunch if we have to wait for our room. Thanks
Lots of trash around the floor, tables, chairs, ets. It was like there was noone bussing or cleaning. But, even the "clean tables" were nasty and sticky.

moe513
05-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. Makes you wonder what the kitchen looks like. I cant believe that happens on Disney property.

xipetotec
05-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Hmm, we've been many times, including during free dining last year and it was not dirty. It was as good as always. :number1:

HereWeGoAgain!
05-22-2007, 12:26 PM
I would not call it dirty, in fact, it was very clean when we ate there night before last! Food was good - so was service....that being said I think you can do better - Spoodles or Flying Fish have a bit more panache! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
05-22-2007, 01:22 PM
I hate to chime in with a negative comment here (Thumper's mom's words have always had an influence on me), but I got rather ill after eating at Big River Grille (and it couldn't have been any more convenient to our room which was practically located on top of the place, so it would have been nice to have it as an alternative).

We've gotten great sandwiches, etc., from the Boardwalk Bakery and I'm not 100% sure, but I think that you can get take-out from Beaches & Cream across the way at the Beach Club. After a few hours of being ill, I'm just not a huge fan of BRG.

kgoulash
05-22-2007, 07:49 PM
we do have a adr for spoodles, thanks for the suggestion tho,
just looking for some easy, simple food i can enjoy without worrying about the kids in a rest. setting
thanks