PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Club of America??

ldn324
05-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I receive these mailings every year or so from "Cooking Club of America". It's supposedly a club where you are asked to try out new cooking products, foods, etc., answer questions about the product, then you get to keep it for free. After the initial trial, if you want to remain in the club, the dues are $1/month (you get a magazine, rebate offers, etc.), and the letter says you can cancel anytime and get a full refund.

Anyone ever actually do this and, if so, is it legitimate? I kept looking for the small print like how you can't cancel until after a year, the second year cost $30/month, etc., but I don't see anything. I'm wondering if you are just never the lucky one selected to try a food processor or something good - maybe you get to try a baking mix or something small like that??

If it's for real, I might consider signing up. But I'm always the skeptic and part of me just keeps thinking "if it seems too good to be true, it is". Just wondering what others thoughts were on this club...