PDA

View Full Version : 1st Week of November

disneydrmr
05-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm gonna be at DL the first weekend in November. Will the park still be in "Halloween mode", changed to "Christmas mode", or will we be catching it in between 'holiday modes'? I know already about the HM being switched to the "Nightmare" mode.. I'm asking about the rest of the park... Thanks!

mouselvr
05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
I would like to know too! See you there that week!

NotaGeek
05-20-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm gonna be at DL the first weekend in November. Will the park still be in "Halloween mode", changed to "Christmas mode", or will we be catching it in between 'holiday modes'? I know already about the HM being switched to the "Nightmare" mode.. I'm asking about the rest of the park... Thanks!

Last year the park was completely Christmas by Nov 9 as that was the official start date and the day the Christmas parade was taped for ABC. Halloween is really only truly decorated on Main Street, USA and at the Entrance to the DLR.

tinkwest
05-20-2007, 10:28 AM
As NotaGeek said, 11/09/06, was the official start to the Christmas decorations, parades, etc. at Disneyland Resort.

I was at the Resort the first weekend of November this past year (2006). Things were kind of at an in between mode. The giant word CALIFORNIA in the esplanade was not made of candy corn nor was it made of candy canes. Flowers and the windows on Main Street were fall colors and themes but not specifically Halloween. Big Thunder Ranch was closed as it was being converted from Halloween festivities to Christmas (sorry, can't remember the official names this morning). it's a small world was still under refurbishment as it was being transformed to the holiday version. Parade was still Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams rather then A Christmas Fantasy. And Santa had not yet arrived.

If you are looking to experience the holiday feeling at the DLR you should wait until at least the second weekend of November. If you want to experience lighter crowds you might want to go during this transition period.

You'll have fun either way!!:mickey: