PDA

View Full Version : Internet cafes at WDW?

kbauer
05-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi,

DW and I are making our way to WDW soon, and she needs to have access to the internet on and off during our stay. We really don't want to drag a laptop with us, so I figured I'd ask the experts if there are any access terminals or Internet cafe's anywhere on the property?

TIA!

KB

faline
05-16-2007, 05:29 AM
I know there was Internet access at Disneyquest but haveheard that folks weren't happy with always being able to connect there.

There may be some internet access at the resorts that have convention centers such as the Contemporary and Coronado Springs.

big blue and hairy
05-16-2007, 07:35 AM
As it happens I may need internet access during our stay, also, so anybody with info, cough it up.....:mickey:

:sulley:

CanadianWDWFan
05-16-2007, 08:07 AM
As for the Internet Cafes, I was told when we were there in April that the only places on property to have Internet cafes was the Business Centres at the Deluxe resorts. I didn't ask about WiFi since I don't have a laptop.

SBETigg
05-16-2007, 09:08 AM
On one of our trips, long ago, my husband had some emergency business come up and he used the business center at the Contemporary for email. It was an inconvenient side trip for us. If she needs to have periodic internet access, I think she would be better off to lug her laptop along with her. As much as it is a pain to bring it, it could be more of a pain to keep seeking out the business centers. But why not call your resort and see what they have to offer? It could be they keep a computer for guest use.

Fortgoofy97
05-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Not aware of any WiFi service on property. You can use the the Business Center at the Boardwalk Inns. They do charge for the use if other than to print boarding passes. Also not aware of any of the resorts having a computer to loan out. Most resorts have internet availability in the rooms, I believe the charge is $9.95 a a 24hr period!

TheRustyScupper
05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Internet Access:

1) In-Room ($9.95 per 24-hrs)
. . . hard-wired Ethernet cable, ONLY
. . . all resorts have this service, including free HSIA cable

2) Wifi ($9.95 per 24-hrs, $4.99 per first 60-min)
. . . available at most convention resorts
. . . usually in lobby and business center, not in rooms
. . . sometimes accessible in the lounge
. . . can also be accessed in convention center lobby areas
. . . BW, CR, YC/BC, CSR, GF

3) Rentals (about $1 per minute)
. . . business centers have computers for use
. . . they also rent computers and laptops (24-hr requested notice)
. . . usually pretty expensive to use

Figment52
06-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I know there was Internet access at Disneyquest but haveheard that folks weren't happy with always being able to connect there.

DD used the computer at DQ a few trips ago to check her email. I believe she said it was really slow. It was free, though, so if all you need is to read/write a few emails, it would suffice.