PDA

View Full Version : Beach After Ohana's Dinner?

JCDarzi
05-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Hi,
I’m a long time reader but 1st time poster….I have a question that I just know that this group can answer. My family of four (DD4 &DS1.5) will be at WDW during September with free dining. On our first night, I have reservations at Grand Floridian for Cinderella’s Gala Feast but was thinking of changing it to Ohana’s since we have another princess event during the week.

I was thinking that an early dinner at Ohana’s and then letting the kids play at the beach area at the Polynesian would be a nice low-stress first day. The kids love sand and would probably sit for hours playing in the sand while me and hubby sat and enjoyed some quiet time. My question is does the Polynesian allow other hotel guests on the beach if they eat at the Polynesian? I remember walking around the grounds but couldn’t remember if there were any restrictions as to where the non-Polynesian hotel guests could go.

AKL Mom
05-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Our family walked along the beach and the grandchildren played in the sand. This was after our dinner at Ohanas. There were no other people even around, this was about 8:00. Probably later people come to watch the EWP. After the dinner at 1900 Park Fare the same thing at GF, our grandchildren were the only ones playing on the beach. Our daughter took lots of pictures since it was so deserted.

ThanxForNoticin
05-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I know Disney wouldn't want you using the pool at the Poly, but I've never heard of any restrictions for walking around or spending time on the beach. No one is going to question that. And as mentioned by the above poster - even if you keep your GF reservations, they also have a beach at that resort. Enjoy your evening.

Dicecatt262
05-16-2007, 01:05 PM
You are allowed, yes! It is a great spot to unwind, and fantastic for fireworks viewing. Take a beverage out to the sand and enjoy yourselves.

Warning, though...and this is serious...once you spend some time at the Poly, you might not want to stay anywhere else:thumbsup:

JCDarzi
05-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Perfect! Thanks. Also I didn't even consider the beach at the Grand Floridian. So either way I go, it's a win.