PDA

View Full Version : Remeber the Tree House Villas?

PirateKris
05-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi All,
I'm new to the list and have been trying to do some research to no avail. When I was younger, my family stayed at the Tree House Villas. Whatever became of them? I can't believe that I can't find any info on these! Just curious....
Kristen

Olga
05-16-2007, 04:38 AM
I don't know whether it is coorect, but last October I was told by CM that in Tree House Villas they couldn't solve the "accessibility" problem (no elevators to the second floor, narrow passages etc.). Thus, they couldn't continue to use Tree House Villas for the "resort guests accomodations" and closed this resort several years ago. Currently Villas are used for the acoomodation of the internship programms participants.

faline
05-16-2007, 05:52 AM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Olga is correct. The villas still exist but they are no longer available as lodging for guests.

Tigerlilly
05-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Last week we took the boat from POFQ to DTD.
We passed right by this resort. You can tell young people live in them! There were large posters on the wall, you could see cereal boxes in the kitchen and beach towels all over the decks.

We got a real kick out of seeing this. We could even see people watching TV or playing video games in their living rooms:)

tikiman
05-16-2007, 09:50 AM
We played Golf there two weeks ago and saw the tree houses (actually one of the roofs helped put the ball back onto the fairway) and they looked to be in ok shape and people were in them. They look like fun to stay in.

kminton
05-16-2007, 11:08 AM
We stayed at the villas when we went to Disney for the very first time. There were 7 of us (my brother, his wife and daughter, my mom and dad and DH and myself). These were great for our situation. DH and I slept on the murphy bed in the living room; brother and his family had the 2 regular size beds and mom and dad had the loft/king bed). We were able to bring food and have it in the villa. We could stand out on the deck and watch someone playing golf. And it was very affordable - $169 a night (split 3 ways). On our last trip, we used the Magical Express and we passed by the villas going to one of the resorts to pick up guests.

I guess they weren't very handicap accessible and that may have been why they had to close them. But they were great for our family - even had a washer and dryer in the building.

Kerri

TheRustyScupper
05-16-2007, 11:26 AM
1) We stayed in a tree house last year.
2) There was a private picnic on the grounds.
3) Then we stayed and "partied" with the residents.
4) They are now used for international CM's.
5) But, no longer available to guests.

NOTE: There are all sorts of rumors floating around regarding them. Some are valid, but the full truth in unknown except to a very few, and I don't know any of those folks "in the know". Examples:
. . . can't be torn down due to Wetlands rules
. . . can't use due to handicap accessible problems
. . . can't use due to auto accessibility & parking
. . . can't use until part of Saratoga Springs DVC
. . . can't use because there aren't enough of them
. . . can't use due to utilities issues

jenperich
05-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I never stayed in the TreeHouse Villas, but we stayed in the Disney Village Resort, which if I'm not mistaken, the Treehouses were part of. I love seeing them because it reminds me of a simpler time and it brings back wonderful memories of one of my first trips to Disney. :blush:

Figgyluv03
05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Last week we took the boat from POFQ to DTD.
We passed right by this resort. You can tell young people live in them! There were large posters on the wall, you could see cereal boxes in the kitchen and beach towels all over the decks.

We got a real kick out of seeing this. We could even see people watching TV or playing video games in their living rooms:)

Those crazy CPers!!! Why didn't they have them around when I was a CPer. I would have loved to live there!