PDA

View Full Version : Ohana or Whispering Canyon?

MrPeetrie
05-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Hey gang, I'll be returning this October with my DW and beautiful DD4. I was wondering, which restaurant is better for a four-year-old? I've eaten at Whispering Canyon before, but never at Ohana's. Please, help me. Thanks!!!

Tygger7
05-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Never done Ohauna...but how could you top the "round up" at Whispering Canyon for a 4 year old! We even got my teenage daughter to participate with the little ones....amazing! I know I'm biased because we love the Wilderness Lodge & Whispering Canyon, and I prefer BBQ over Polynesian, so take into consideration what foods you prefer. Maybe check out the menus here on Intercot to see what they both have to offer.:mickey:

GenieOfPA
05-15-2007, 09:40 PM
i think you would find more on the menu at whispering canyon that a 4 y/o would eat, however, i must say that the food at ohana's is a lot better. tough call

Bruegge
05-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Don't forget that at Ohana's you can request additional kids menu items.. Just ask your server.

Never did WC... Ohana's is a must do fur us each trip..

Scott

CU Tiger
05-15-2007, 10:08 PM
We have eaten at both locations and would recommend the Whispering Canyon :thumbsup: . I like the food selections for the kids and the atmosphere is much more fun. My DDs love when they make fun :haha: of their dad or mom and that they are so involved in the fun. :mickey:

snewhou
05-15-2007, 10:26 PM
We ate at both places last fall with a 3 year old and a 5 year old. The kids loved both. They were more active at WC, but at Ohana we made our reservations right before Wishes was to start and requested a table by the window. When the fireworks started Ohana dims the lights and plays the music from the show. The kids LOVED watching the fireworks while they ate dinner. Plus at Ohana the servers do get the kids up to Hula. My kids (who are picky eaters) found plenty to eat at both places.

pox24
05-16-2007, 07:46 AM
For a 4 year old it's easy... Whispering Canyon

Relmal
05-16-2007, 10:42 AM
We have ressies for Whispering Canyon. What is the "round up" there?

DVC2004
05-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Ohana- food is way better and there is plenty of entertainment for kids- coconut races, hula hoop contests. WCC- fun but Ohana is also so it is the total package.

bethanne6245
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Ohana's hands down! We visited both on our last trip in Dec 06. WCC was fun, but the food was not enjoyed by my family.
Ohanas has the kids parade around the rest, coconut races, hula, etc. We also got a window seat and watched Wishes it was fantastic. We plan on going back in September.

MrPeetrie
05-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Thank you, all, for your input. It sounds like we can't go wrong at either place. I've eaten at the Whispering Canyon Cafe (and LOVED IT!), so I may give Ohana a try. It sounds like she'll have a good time there, too!
:thumbsup:

Sharon1026
05-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Ohana's is fun! Lilo and Stitch are there,and they have activities for the kids during dinner (coconut bowling, hula hoop and limbo contest, if I remember correctly). We really enjoyed the food. We are going back there in June.

:stitch2:

GrmGrninGost
05-16-2007, 08:11 PM
You can't go wrong with either!:mickey: They are both a lot of fun! Enjoy!!

septembergirl
05-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Ohana's is fun! Lilo and Stitch are there

:stitch2:

Only for breakfast, right?

Queen Stephanie
05-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Well Princess, my philosophy is..."you must try a new Disney Dining experience each year!" Yes, I have been to just about every dining hall at WDW and I will agree that Whispering Canyon is a fun experience, but once you've been to O'Hana, awww, you will find yourself visiting it every year! I guarantee your little one will LOVE O'Hana. :thumbsup: Don't forget to wear your Hawaiian shirts to help enhance the experience!! The Queen

Queen Stephanie
05-17-2007, 12:37 AM
My error, greetings to Prince...not Princess...I apologize...The Queen