PDA

View Full Version : First Weekend in June?

John and Becky
05-15-2007, 08:29 PM
How are the crowds the first weekend in June? I see that is a Star Wars weekend so we would stay away from MGM. I have a credit On Southwest that I have to use before Nov, so it is either now or Oct and I once had to cancel an October trip because of a hurricane so I try to stay clear of early fall. I was also wondering about the temps? I see the high 80s, but is it also very humid? We are going back in January for the Half-Marathon so if we have to miss a few rides now we could always catch them then. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Becky

faline
05-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Last year, we did a quick weekend the first weekend in June and had a great time. Crowds were lower than we expected them to be. It is, though, quite hot and humid at this time of year!

Fortgoofy97
05-16-2007, 12:41 PM
My DW and mother in law went for the first weekend in JUne. Said the crowds were not bad, the temps were warm 80s - 90s but it was Gay Pride weekend at WDW and they felt a little strange. But they had a goodtime!

princessjojo
05-16-2007, 01:47 PM
... it was Gay Pride weekend at WDW and they felt a little strange.
This is true but if you feel that it may make you feel akward, you can check out their websits and find dates as to what park they tend to go to on what days. As I understand, it isn't a Disney sanctioned event, but something they do each year as a "gathering" type of event. Most that I've heard from however aren't bothered by anyone and still enjoy their vacation.

Tygger7
05-16-2007, 02:05 PM
We went the end of May last year, and the crowds and weather were great. We even hit MGM and Star Wars Weekends, and it wasn't bad. NOTHING like the crowds at the end of June/beginning of July. A lot of kids are still in school, or just getting out, so I wouldn't hesitate to go first week of June.:thumbsup:

Harriet
05-16-2007, 07:30 PM
I like the first 2 weeks in June as a lot of kids are still in school. It can get a little warm but the parks are open later so that helps and you can take in a water park to. If given a choice I would take june over October.