PDA

View Full Version : Which Table Service in Epcot?

tavera
05-15-2007, 05:50 PM
We've done the dining plan several times but have never eaten table service in Epcot - we will be there in October. Where should we eat - it will be myself, DH and our two girls ages 7 and 5.

disney100%
05-15-2007, 06:00 PM
My DH and I really enjoy Teppanyaki in Japan. I was skeptical about trying when my DH suggested it many trips ago. Since then it has become a must do. The tables fit 8 (if I remember correctly), so you share with other people. We haven't been to Teppanyaki since we had children, but there were always a lot of families there dining. On our next trip, we are considering trying LeCellier (in Canada) too after reading all the great reviews of it on Intercot.

Tygger7
05-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow...that's kinda like asking, "What should I ride at the Magic Kingdom?" Epcot is food-heaven. Every time we go, we end up eating most of our meals in Epcot. Everyone has their favorites, but ours are (in no particular order): Coral Reef (Living Seas/Nemo); San Angel Inn (Mexico); and The Garden Grill (The Land). I've also heard good things about Rose & Crowne, and Biergarten....just depends on what type of food you like. And don't worry, they always have something for the kids. :blush:

disney100%
05-15-2007, 06:02 PM
I forgot to add to my last post that we also enjoy Beirgarten. We ate their on our last trip and it was a lot of fun. There were seven of us, so we had a table to ourselves, but the tables fit 8. The music was entertaining and the food was good. My DS was 14 months at the time and he loved the food. I think he ate as much as the adults did!

Maleficent's Dad
05-15-2007, 06:08 PM
You'll get a ton of mixed reviews/opinions on the dining in EPCOT.

There are LOTS of places to dine here for sitdown - but be sure to have ADR's before you go!

Our favs:
Le Cellier Steakhouse
R&C - more for atmosphere than the food
Les Chefs - excellent bustling restaurant (particularly for a theme park)
Teppanyaki - upscale Benihana's
Alfredo's - soon to be gone :(
San Angel - great atmosphere, food, & service

GenieOfPA
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
depending on when you are going to WDW i would DEF suggest alfredos in italy! its amazing, however it won't be there too much longer, so you should go while you still have the chance :( i also like the san angel inn, but most of the food has some spiciness to it which i'm not sure your little ones would like. guess it really depends on what you guys like

Mickey91
05-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Our Favorites:
Le Cellier
Coral Reef

SBETigg
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Fantastic dining in Epcot! This will be a tough question to get a definitive answer on.

My favorite: Marrakesh, unique food and belly dancing (Your girls might love that! They tend to bring kids up on stage).

My childrens' favorite: San Angel Inn, amazing atmosphere, okay food.

Also good choices: Chefs de France (my daughter loved it). Rose & Crown. Le Cellier.

My family will never go back to: Coral Reef. we had a terrible meal with unforgettably insulting service- but a lot of people enjoy it and the atmosphere is quite nice.

GrmGrninGost
05-15-2007, 08:52 PM
My favorites would be LeCellier and Coral Reef.
Both have excellent food. I prefer the food at LeCellier, but I like the atmosphere better at CR.:thumbsup:

Jen66
05-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I really liked Marrakesh. I love lamb, my DS (10) loved the chicken kabobs and DH, of course, loved the belly dancers!

Polynesian Dweller
05-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Le Cellier is always a must do for us. :number1: San Angel Inn is nice but eating in such low light takes a bit a getting used to. Our last experience at Rose & Crown was the worst we've ever had in WDW (food was horrible). Others seem to really like it so may just be the night we hit it.

mrsgaribaldi
05-16-2007, 04:25 AM
Le Cellier and Rose & Crown are my 2 favorites:thumbsup:

Natazu
05-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Table Service at Epcot
7. Garden Grill
6. Biergarten
5. Rose & Crown
4. San Angel Inn
3. Coral Reef
2. Le Cellier
1. Marrakesh

tavera
05-16-2007, 12:53 PM
No one has commented on the Princess Dinner at Askerhaus - is it horrible or something??

Natazu
05-17-2007, 03:20 AM
No one has commented on the Princess Dinner at Askerhaus - is it horrible or something??

Horrible? no, just not one of the best.

LibertyTreeGal
05-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Yikes, that's an impossible question to answer. First off, I'd go to Info Central and check out the menus -- especially the kids' options. I won't go somewhere that looks good if my boys are relegated to mac and cheese and chicken fingers. Look over the menus and then narrow it down a bit and present the options and see what pans out :mickey:

mook3y
05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Well... as others have said, what a tough question.

We are still in the process of working our way around to every restaurant at Epcot. So far, we have not eaten anywhere that we did not like the food.

My suggestion to you is to look at the menu's and see what looks good. If you see something that sounds super yummy to you, then I am sure you will be very happy with your choice.

That said, so far my favorite is Le Cellier. My wife's favorite was San Angel Inn.

My question to you... why pick just 1!!!! :blush:

Have a great trip!