PDA

View Full Version : Can we celebrate a b-day???

ldc12377
05-15-2007, 05:33 PM
My niece will be turning 15 one week after we leave Disney. Would it be O.K. to celebrate her b-day at a meal while we are there (like at Chef Mickey's) or would they not do it since it's not right on her b-day? I haven't eaten at any of the restaurants at Disney before so do they even do special things for b-days? I would assume so since it's Disney but I could be wrong. If they do and it would be O.K. in our situation, how do you let they know? Do I need to call ahead of time or just tell them when we check-in for our ADR?

maizey05
05-15-2007, 05:41 PM
We celebrated our anniversary a day late, so don't see why not. DH called the day of and told CM about the anniversary. At TTS, they had confetti and a cupcake for us. Upon entering the park, I would go to guest services or the "town hall" to get a birthday pin. That way everyone will know. I've also heard you can order a cake. The Disney Florist does neat gift baskets and bouquets. We recieved a goodie basket in our room upon check in for anniversary.

Figgyluv03
05-15-2007, 05:51 PM
My and exfiance and I celebrated our anniversary a day late and they still made a big deal about it at CRT. I dont' think they will actually check.

baby minnie's mommy
05-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Yes, you can celebrate a week before! We celebrated our daughter's bd at AK / Rainforest Cafe a week before. They didn't "check." It's not always practical or possible to be there on the actual day - I'm sure they realize that. For us it was a matter of money. Being there a week early meant getting value season prices.

Rainforest Cafe gave her a free kid's sundae and sang. Boma gave her a bd pin, card, and really nice cupcake with mickey sprinkles and gummy bears. At AK a castmember saw her bd pin and had everyone around us sing "happy birthday." :party:

I recommend calling 2 or 3 days before you arrive to confirm all your reservations, and at that time tell them she's celebrating a birthday. Then when you check in, and when you get to the restaurant, definitely tell the castmember / waitress.

If you're not the one making the ressie's and just want to surprise her, quietly go to your waitress/waiter and let them know. ;)

ldc12377
05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Thank you all so much for the info!!! My niece was there two years ago. That time she missed her b-day by a few days and Grandma won't let her dad say anything about the b-day to the CM at Chef Mickey's so this time will be a big surprise.
I think this should secure my place in the " Greatest Aunt of All Time" Hall of Fame....LOL...now to work on my "Greatest Mom of All Time" Award!!!