PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions--Pirates' Hospital/Cookie Cruise.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

drummerboy
05-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes, by popular demand, we've outfitted The Black Pearl with fabulous baking kitchens and the latest in floating hospital ship technology to accomodate our JQ crowd.

Climb on board (mind you, don't fall off the gang plank) and find a berth/gurney for the journey. (cute rhyme, eh?)

The ovens are fired up and chocolate chips are the order of the day. Capt Jack will by shortly to take your drink orders. No fighting over the wait staff please.

offwego
05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Capt Jack will by shortly to take your drink orders. No fighting over the wait staff please.

What fighting? I was here first...perhaps a MaiTai?

Christine
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks Ken! You can't count to ten in Spanish? My 7 year old can help..."uno, dos, grace, waffle, cinco, seis, sieta, oh-no, newegga, days!"

Tell Capt. Jack I will pass on the drinks for now, but could stand a bit of good bedside manner!!! :blush: Hey, I may be sick, but I'm not DEAD!

I sure hope John doesn't figure out how to follow this thread! :secret:

marlyn
05-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Climb on board (mind you, don't fall off the gang plank) and find a berth/gurney for the journey.

I got dibs on the Captain's berth!! :blush:

Well, nice new thread we have here. Sailing the seas with cookies sounds heavenly now doesn't it?

Hope everyone's day is going well. I need to go have a nap since I work tonight, but I admit to procrastinating somewhat. It is such a beautiful day here.

I will take a Singapore Sling in honor of the new movie.

offwego
05-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I got dibs on the Captain's berth!! :blush:

I will take a Singapore Sling in honor of the new movie. Good idea! But I thought he had nothing in his cabin?

Well see that's the thing...we all keep posting on it and it floats to the top of the list. think John will see it?

Mickey'sGirl
05-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I think I'll be in the kitchen with the wait staff :D . It's my turn to bake the cookies, isn't it? :cloud9:

This is some kinda fancy RV Ken! First a camper, then a rocket ship and now a Pirate ship?!!!?? Fantastic! :thumbsup:

mtown71
05-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Yes, by popular demand, we've outfitted The Black Pearl with fabulous baking kitchens and the latest in floating hospital ship technology to accomodate our JQ crowd.

Climb on board (mind you, don't fall off the gang plank) and find a berth/gurney for the journey. (cute rhyme, eh?)

The ovens are fired up and chocolate chips are the order of the day. Capt Jack will by shortly to take your drink orders. No fighting over the wait staff please.
WOO HOO!!!! I finally made it..not running late! Boy, that is a first, huh? :blush: I will be thrilled with the accomodations if Will Turner is my private nurse. Can you arrange that?? If so, I will bake all the cookies!!!!!

Well, nice new thread we have here. Sailing the seas with cookies sounds heavenly now doesn't it?

Hope everyone's day is going well. I need to go have a nap since I work tonight, but I admit to procrastinating somewhat. It is such a beautiful day here.
I agree 100% with that!!!!! I am doing so much better! Gorgeous day here. I am feeling good. I think I will be ready to go back to work on Monday. (darn)

Christine! :) So good to hear from you! Hope everyone starts to heal quickly . That is scary about your heart acting up. I would be camping out on the doctor's doorstep too! That isn't normal!

offwego
05-15-2007, 03:19 PM
This is some kinda fancy RV Ken! First a camper, then a rocket ship and now a Pirate ship?!!!?? Fantastic! :thumbsup:
Do you think he's using the same reno group?

I agree 100% with that!!!!! I am doing so much better! Gorgeous day here. I am feeling good. I think I will be ready to go back to work on Monday. (darn)

Deb that's funny! No sooner do you feel good then you have to go off to work. Not fair is it?

mtown71
05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Deb that's funny! No sooner do you feel good then you have to go off to work. Not fair is it?

I know, but what can I do about it? I at least get the rest of this week off to enjoy. I go see the ENT tomorrow & I am hoping he lifts the food restrictions.

Christine
05-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Well see that's the thing...we all keep posting on it and it floats to the top of the list. think John will see it?

But I think just the old Cino de Mayo thread is all that will pop up on his subscribed thread list...he won't figure out where we've gone, right???

Of course, he probably wouldn't be too surprised to show up and find me chasing Jack around deck...that's assuming he's not on another deck screaming "Me wants the red head!"

offwego
05-15-2007, 03:46 PM
But I think just the old Cino de Mayo thread is all that will pop up on his subscribed thread list...he won't figure out where we've gone, right???

Of course, he probably wouldn't be too surprised to show up and find me chasing Jack around deck...that's assuming he's not on another deck screaming "Me wants the red head!" Ah I didn't think he'd be using the sub list yet just the forum.

See at least with DH I'm ok with Elizabeth. He thinks she needs to eat a sandwich. But to each their own right?

drummerboy
05-15-2007, 04:13 PM
See at least with DH I'm ok with Elizabeth. He thinks she needs to eat a sandwich.
Here in the south we'd say she needs a pork chop.

Did I mention that we'll be having no moonlight cruises? If you think Elizabeth is skin and bones....

Nascfan
05-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Wow, I made it to the new thread before I have to leave for the day!

I copied my previous post into this one since most may not see it in the old thread:

"Hi all, checking in at lunch.

I didn't read all the way back but saw about Christine's dizziness. Loads of :pixie: for you! How can they say just watch it? Watch what? Watch you fall down and faint? Makes no sense.

Hope today finds everyone else well. Miss you guys, but I try to keep up on reading when I can. Don't forget me, ok?"

Does it count as a question since I asked it in my copy? Oh well, there's another one so I should be good. Have a good night all!

alongfortheride
05-15-2007, 05:29 PM

:smokin:

Did you really think I wouldn't find this thread?

Christine
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM

Shouldn't you be working, Darling???

marlyn
05-15-2007, 08:00 PM

This could get interesting...:popcorn:

Welcome John. Just a bunch of angels on our best behavior here. :thedolls:

I am up from my nap and now must get ready for work. :nurse: Have a good evening everyone. Will someone save a few cookies for me to eat in the morning?

drummerboy
05-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Will someone save a few cookies for me to eat in the morning?
Oatmeal cookies, of course?

Well, it's off to rehearsal again tomorrow night and opening night again on Thursday. Review should be in the paper on thursday morning--I'll let you know how it read.

Can you believe it's already almost mid-week? Where does the time go?

alongfortheride
05-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Shouldn't you be working, Darling???

:thumbsup:

<Chandler>
Can I work any harder?
</Chandler>

weswerx
05-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Did someone say "porkchops"? Delivered by Elizabeth? Even better!:D :cloud9:

Hey, I like what you did to the RV. I didn't know it would float...and sticking that cannon out of the passenger side window adds even more to the illusion...:thumbsup:

drummerboy
05-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey, I like what you did to the RV. I didn't know it would float...and sticking that cannon out of the passenger side window adds even more to the illusion...:thumbsup:
What illusion? Just remember, no flames near the cannon--I'd hate to flatten a neighboring RV.

weswerx
05-15-2007, 11:15 PM
ummm....how about a floating tent?
You should have mentioned that whole "no flame" thing earlier.....

ElenitaB
05-15-2007, 11:54 PM

I will take a Singapore Sling in honor of the new movie.
Where's the signup sheet for visiting the captain's quarters? :blush:

I'd love a Singapore Sling! What a great idea!

I didn't read all the way back but saw about Christine's dizziness. Loads of :pixie: for you! How can they say just watch it? Watch what? Watch you fall down and faint? Makes no sense.
Hey Scott! I guess now I have to go and read the end of the other thread. Hope you're doing okay!

Sorry I didn't make it back during the day. I guess I got my twelve o'clocks mixed up!

Hey, Blythe and Lynne, you guys around? Guess you guys have night watch on the ship tonight. Take care of "wicked Jack," please. ;)

Beast_fanatic
05-16-2007, 12:09 AM
OK, since a couple of people claimed to like oatmeal (and not in cookie form), it's available again tomorrow morning for breakfast. It's the plain kind though - no fancy flavored stuff for me (they're loaded with sugar). I do have plain sugar, brown sugar or, my choice, Splenda, to sweeten it up, and some cinnamon to add a little spice if you so choose.

And, as far as how many miles 10,000 steps is, for me it seems to be 5 miles, at least according to my step counter program. :rolleyes: But, I did it today! :walk: :thumbsup:

Is anyone seasick? :sick: I think I've got some dramamine leftover from the last cruise.

Christine
05-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Hi Ellen! I'm here...can't sleep. But I am feeling much more relieved. I just got off the phone with a dear friend of mine, and told her about my massive dizzy spells, lightheadedness, heart palpitations, etc.

She started asking me about my pain killers. I told her they had prescribed 750mg vicoden es, 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours. Well, I was taking about 10 a day. (They sent me home with 60, then called me in 10 more...I have one left).

She looked it up in her PDR, and come to find out I had SEVERELY exceeded the allowed dosage and as she read the symptoms of overdose/severe side effects it matched every single one of my symptoms to the tee. What's weird is, it said the MAXIMUM adult recommendation is 1-500mg tablet every 6 hours. Mine clearly states 750mg, 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours.

Now actually I am "in withdrawal" and that is when the dizziness really gets bad. So I am going to drink as much water as I can and try to flush my system.

But boy do I feel relieved to know what is wrong with me! She said it stays in the body for a while, but should be gone in a few weeks at the most. So there will be a light at the end of this tunnel!!

Ken, good luck on opening night!

Deb, I am THRILLED you are feeling better! You really are sounding like your old self!! Enjoy the rest of the week off!

Lynne, I neglected to tell you on the other thread, I am so sad about your job/pay situation! That stinks! I hope it can be resolved quickly!

Jenn, I really enjoyed your trip reports and pictures! I can't remember if I have told you that or not...wanted to make sure I did!

Scott, you have been too busy...seems like we don't see you much anymore?? :(

Nat, are flip flop crocs better than the originals, or is anything croc a fashion no-no? I keep hearing how wonderful they are and I am getting tempted!!

I hope Mikki, Blythe, Rhonda, Alex, Di, Frankie, et al find their way on board ship soon!

Wes, I don't think we've met...I'm Christine. "Alongfortheride" is my husband, John (aka Bert the chimney sweep from my avatar). He's new to these parts!!

Did I ask a question in any of that?? I can't remember...

Christine
05-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Hi Rhonda! I must have still be typing when you submitted your post! Congrats on the walking and eating right...you're doing awesome!

Can I have some oatmeal too? I am eating oatmeal every morning to try to get my cholesterol down. I like brown sugar!

alpro2
05-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Ummmm, what is going on here? What happened to this place? Who hid the goodies?

drummerboy
05-16-2007, 08:02 AM
[Psssst. Don't tell the wenches matey, except the redhead of course, but we've got the cookies stashed in the cannon. Well, we did have them stashed there until Wes got too close with a flame. Now you'll need to look in that flattened floating tent over yonder. Arrrr.]

How's everybody's Wednesday shaping up?

alpro2
05-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Nat, are flip flop crocs better than the originals, or is anything croc a fashion no-no? I keep hearing how wonderful they are and I am getting tempted!!

Crocs! Noooooooo! Don't do it Christine.

Originally Posted by cantgetenuff
I hope Mikki, Blythe, Rhonda, Alex, Di, Frankie, et al find their way on board ship soon!

Et al? Who is that? Is this a new member of the JQ contingent? Must be Latin.

disneydrmr
05-16-2007, 09:18 AM

My Wednesday? Do you really wanna know? I think we had a 'mini' tornado last night. WICKED storm went thru starting around 11pm. We lost power at my house, the trees were actually touching the ground from the winds being so strong.. LOTS of branches/trees down. Got to work and part of our roof is blown off. Lying in the front of the building. Night crew said they were terrified, thought the whole roof was going. Telephone pole out front is snapped in half. Business across the street also has roof damage. Rocks were blown thru a few windows... obviously lost sleep so I"m VERY tired today... anyone got some coffee? And are those cookies done yet - or are you ladies too busy with the wait staff? (oops... family friendly site :blush: ;) )

offwego
05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Here in the south we'd say she needs a pork chop.

Did I mention that we'll be having no moonlight cruises? If you think Elizabeth is skin and bones....
That's a good one! Can I share with DH?

Did you really think I wouldn't find this thread? Good for you John...(psst..Christine edit button edit button)

Shouldn't you be working, Darling??? That's an odd concept.

Did someone say "porkchops"? Delivered by Elizabeth? Even better!:D :cloud9:

I think we were delivering them to her.

And, as far as how many miles 10,000 steps is, for me it seems to be 5 miles, at least according to my step counter program. :rolleyes: But, I did it today! :walk: :thumbsup:

Way to go Rhonda!!!

Now actually I am "in withdrawal" and that is when the dizziness really gets bad. So I am going to drink as much water as I can and try to flush my system.

But boy do I feel relieved to know what is wrong with me! She said it stays in the body for a while, but should be gone in a few weeks at the most. So there will be a light at the end of this tunnel!!

Did I ask a question in any of that?? I can't remember... Crocs...as Ellen replied...are pretty much a non-starter in my universe. However my Mom has them so clearly many many many people are not hearing my words on the subject. And so why should you worry about it? After all comfort is kinda important or so I'm told. (In other words..just cause I think fashion is critcal in my shoes I sure don't think everyone else should be so silly!).

So does the Vicodin deal mean your like Dr. House? Do you get super duper Dr. Powers?

Ummmm, what is going on here? What happened to this place? Who hid the goodies? likely Frankie no?

[Psssst. Don't tell the wenches matey, except the redhead of course, but we've got the cookies stashed in the cannon. Well, we did have them stashed there until Wes got too close with a flame. Now you'll need to look in that flattened floating tent over yonder. Arrrr.]

How's everybody's Wednesday shaping up? Uh Ken has anyone ever told you that Di is a redhead? And so am I? (I know a red-headed female commercial banker..there should be a tv commercial!)

drummerboy
05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Uh Ken has anyone ever told you that Di is a redhead? And so am I? (I know a red-headed female commercial banker..there should be a tv commercial!)
Hmmm. I should have said the redhead in the long red dress and feathered hat, eh?

Capt. Jack wants to know if everyone has enough tea and cookies for now because he has to get ready soon for some sort of premier or something next week.

offwego
05-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Hmmm. I should have said the redhead in the long red dress and feathered hat, eh?

Capt. Jack wants to know if everyone has enough tea and cookies for now because he has to get ready soon for some sort of premier or something next week.

And he needs to leave now? Does that mean he's taking the boat? Do you think Alex knew which redhead or do you think he told Di? Di often provides the cookies (along of course with many others). I'm not sure if he'll mess with the source.

I have to do a phone interview for a bio page for clients..yuck. Who on earth knows what your clients say about you? or what they can gain from doing business with me. (though I suspect most of them say money)...who on earth thinks these ideas up?

mtown71
05-16-2007, 12:45 PM
we've got the cookies stashed in the cannon. Well, we did have them stashed there until Wes got too close with a flame. Now you'll need to look in that flattened floating tent over yonder. Arrrr.]

I told you that I would bake all the cookies you all want if Will Turner will be my new caretaker. Deal?? My Wednesday is going o.k. I get to go to the doctor to see if I am all better. Gotta be leaving in a few minutes.

My Wednesday? Do you really wanna know? I think we had a 'mini' tornado last night. WICKED storm went thru starting around 11pm. We lost power at my house, the trees were actually touching the ground from the winds being so strong.. LOTS of branches/trees down. Got to work and part of our roof is blown off. Lying in the front of the building. Night crew said they were terrified, thought the whole roof was going. Telephone pole out front is snapped in half. Business across the street also has roof damage. Rocks were blown thru a few windows... obviously lost sleep so I"m VERY tired today... anyone got some coffee? And are those cookies done yet - or are you ladies too busy with the wait staff? (oops... family friendly site :blush: ;) )

Um..thought you weren't allowed coffee, sis. They are still making you work through all that?

Christine...so glad to know that you figured out what was wrong with you. Hope you start feeling much better now. Hang in there!
Rhonda...keep up the good work! Proud of you!

Talk to you all later..wouldn't be good to be late for the doctor appointment, huh?

Mickey'sGirl
05-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Crocs! Noooooooo! Don't do it Christine. It's none of my business, but I have to agree....

My Wednesday? Do you really wanna know? I think we had a 'mini' tornado last night. WICKED storm went thru starting around 11pm. We lost power at my house, the trees were actually touching the ground from the winds being so strong.. LOTS of branches/trees down. Got to work and part of our roof is blown off. Lying in the front of the building. Night crew said they were terrified, thought the whole roof was going. Telephone pole out front is snapped in half. Business across the street also has roof damage. Rocks were blown thru a few windows... obviously lost sleep so I"m VERY tired today... anyone got some coffee? And are those cookies done yet - or are you ladies too busy with the wait staff? (oops... family friendly site :blush: ;) ) :eyes::eek: Yikes Di! I hope that everyone is safe and sound!

I told you that I would bake all the cookies you all want if Will Turner will be my new caretaker. Deal?? My Wednesday is going o.k. I get to go to the doctor to see if I am all better. Gotta be leaving in a few minutes. I thought about you last night.... Your boy Orlando was on Jay Leno...and I saw him. He seems like such a nice guy.... and he's not hard to look at!

Guess what just happened? My doorbell rang and it was FedEx delivering our MNSSHP tickets! I guess it's official!

offwego
05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Guess what just happened? My doorbell rang and it was FedEx delivering our MNSSHP tickets! I guess it's official!

How cool is that?

And Di I have no idea how I missed that but that must have been pretty scary!!I hope they get it fixed before you resort to coffee.

Jenn did you hear about the chunk of marble that got blown off First Canadian Place? 140KG falling 60 stories must have been moving pretty quickly don't you think?

Mickey'sGirl
05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Jenn did you hear about the chunk of marble that got blown off First Canadian Place? 140KG falling 60 stories must have been moving pretty quickly don't you think?
That's my path to work too...coming and going. Can I plead stress and worries and take some time off? I think I'll plan on running fast through that area -- what a sight that would be!!
I'm waiting on 3 yards of triple mix to be delivered. Of course we've had crazy thunderstorms for 2 1/2 days....and we don't have our driveway poured yet....How much of the stuff do you think will be left by the weekend when I have my manservant dig the garden out?

offwego
05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
That's my path to work too...coming and going. Can I plead stress and worries and take some time off? I think I'll plan on running fast through that area -- what a sight that would be!!
I'm waiting on 3 yards of triple mix to be delivered. Of course we've had crazy thunderstorms for 2 1/2 days....and we don't have our driveway poured yet....How much of the stuff do you think will be left by the weekend when I have my manservant dig the garden out?

Yikes! And you walk outdoors? How novel! Good luck with the triple mix..wicked rain here too so I'd guess not much unless they tarp it for you. How much :beer: does Brian charge?

mtown71
05-16-2007, 02:14 PM
I thought about you last night.... Your boy Orlando was on Jay Leno...and I saw him. He seems like such a nice guy.... and he's not hard to look at!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. You mean I missed seeing my Orlando??? I didn't know he was on Jay Leno. Dang..:mad: Did Jay ask him any good questions?
That's great you got your tickets! Have a great time for me, k?
Obviously, just got back from the doctor. I am clear for work & whatever food I want to eat! BRING ON THOSE COOKIES!!!!!!!:thedolls:

alpro2
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. You mean I missed seeing my Orlando??? I didn't know he was on Jay Leno. Dang..:mad: Did Jay ask him any good questions?

Oh c'mon Deb....why would you want Orlando when you have Ken, Frankie and me? :D

marlyn
05-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Where's the signup sheet for visiting the captain's quarters? :blush:

The monkey took it.

Hey, Blythe and Lynne, you guys around? Guess you guys have night watch on the ship tonight. Take care of "wicked Jack," please. ;)

Yes, I had night watch. Just got up from bed to get ready to do another. Wicked Jack reminds me of a patient last night. His name was, in fact, Jack and he kept getting up and getting dressed and then hiding. I kept finding him in odd places (store room, kitchen, other patient's rooms etc...). A bit scary in middle of night when you walk in to a room and there in the corner he sits...

I had SEVERELY exceeded the allowed dosage and as she read the symptoms of overdose/severe side effects it matched every single one of my symptoms to the tee.

OMG...I hope you get over this and feel better soon. We don't use vicodin in canada (at least not that I have heard of. Sometimes our drugs go by a different name than yours) :pixie: to you.

Lynne, I neglected to tell you on the other thread, I am so sad about your job/pay situation! That stinks! I hope it can be resolved quickly!

Thanks. I applied for a job on a different unit last night. Crossing fingers for that one. It all boils down to seniority, so depends on who else applied. Thing is...I like the unit I am on, I have good friends there and feel part of that team. I will be sad to leave, but will if I have to. It will all work out somehow. I believe everything happens for a reason. Anyone know the reason???

The monkey took them.

Oh c'mon Deb....why would you want Orlando when you have Ken, Frankie and me? :D

Same reason I want Johnny?

alpro2
05-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Same reason I want Johnny?
Ok, let me rephrase that....why would you want Johnny when you have Ken, Frankie and me?

marlyn
05-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Ok, let me rephrase that....why would you want Johnny when you have Ken, Frankie and me?

Well, it used to be because he had a pirate ship, but now it seems you guys do too. :confused:

Can you all swagger when you walk and say "savvy" with a twinkle?? Maybe we should have a Pirate Contest.

marlyn
05-16-2007, 08:31 PM
I am off to get ready for work, unless someone wants to go in my place?

have a good evening guys!

weswerx
05-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Has anyone seen the monkey? :monkey:
So, if the monkey took the signup sheet for the captain's quarters and he then followed up by taking the cookies, it would only stand to reason that he, the monkey that is, plans on also comandeering the ship, unless however he, once again the monkey, wants us to think that he plans on comandeering the ship, when in fact, he absolutely has no intention whatsoever of comandeering anything. Savvy?

(How was that Marlyn?)

Too bad we don't have a pirate smilie...yet...

Namine'
05-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi Everyone!
Is Capt. Jack still serving drinks? I could go for a mojito and a little TLC from Will Turner:blush: (having a very bad month)
I hope the monkey didn't take the cocktails too.

Beast_fanatic
05-16-2007, 10:01 PM
:pirate: <- Is that not a pirate smiley?

drummerboy
05-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Can you all swagger when you walk ?? Maybe we should have a Pirate Contest.
I used to think I had a pretty good swagger until DW told me I've just gotten lopsided over the years.

Has anyone seen the keys to the ship? And why is there a banana next the place where I usually keep them?

Dsnygirl
05-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Phew!! Just made it aboard... can't believe I almost missed the trip! This would definitely NOT be the trip I want to miss!! :D Anyone seen the waitstaff lately?? ;)

Can you believe it's already almost mid-week? Where does the time go?
I believe it flies... and fast!! I'll be glad when the weekend gets here... we'll be officially moved & in & done & no more boxes & margaritas on the back porch. :joy:

Hey, Blythe and Lynne, you guys around? Guess you guys have night watch on the ship tonight. Take care of "wicked Jack," please.
Wish I'd known it was my turn to watch him last night...

Christine, I'm glad to hear you've figured out what was going on... too bad you couldn't get some help from your dr. or the nurse!! :( Pretty scarey, when you consider you could've continued taking all those meds w/o knowing it was too much! I'm SO glad to hear you're on your way back to feeling better! Now, to just keep you away from the waitstaff... ;)

My Wednesday? Do you really wanna know? I think we had a 'mini' tornado last night. WICKED storm went thru starting around 11pm.

I'm glad to hear you're okay! How's the office? Do you have to work w/o a roof??

Uh Ken has anyone ever told you that Di is a redhead? And so am I?
And so am I... :D

Obviously, just got back from the doctor. I am clear for work & whatever food I want to eat! BRING ON THOSE COOKIES!!!!!!!
Yeah!! So glad to hear your in the clear... sending LOADS of cookies your way!! What kind would you like??

Hmmm... how to choose, how to choose...

Refer to comment above... :blush:

Obviously (or maybe not) I'm at work... I actually had to come in here to get a little rest!! Not sleep, of course... but at least I'm not carrying things around that weigh more than I do or cleaning floors... well, at least not yet...

Hope you all are resting peacefully in your berths... the monkey and I have been playing poker, and he keeps stealing all my chips!!

Anyone have anything yummy planned for breakfast? (All my food's at the new house... oops...)

Mickey'sGirl
05-17-2007, 08:21 AM
A bit scary in middle of night when you walk in to a room and there in the corner he sits...
Kinda like a cat, eh Lynne? Creepy.

The monkey took them. Ken -- I think this should be the new motto. Do we have to pass a resolution or something?

So, if the monkey took the signup sheet for the captain's quarters and he then followed up by taking the cookies, it would only stand to reason that he, the monkey that is, plans on also comandeering the ship, unless however he, once again the monkey, wants us to think that he plans on comandeering the ship, when in fact, he absolutely has no intention whatsoever of comandeering anything. Savvy?

I am very impressed Wes.... Please see Rhonda's comment below.... YO HO!

:pirate: <- Is that not a pirate smiley?

Phew!! Just made it aboard... can't believe I almost missed the trip! This would definitely NOT be the trip I want to miss!! :D Anyone seen the waitstaff lately?? ;) I've been keeping them busy Blythe. ;) We gotta take turns you know!

Happy Thursday folks! :hi:

Christine
05-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Good morning all. It is a bit nippy here...55 degrees in May! Unheard of, but lovely!

Olivia felt well enough to go to school today. She still hasn't been able to shake the headache, but has been fever free for well over 24 hours. She was going CRAZY at home, not being in school Mon. -Wed. It gave me a sneak peek of how restless she will probably be this summer...better start planning some day camps and activities NOW!

I am off to shower and get my hair cut. Then to the :grocery: .

Who else is going to see Shrek the Third tomorrow night????

disneydrmr
05-17-2007, 09:09 AM

Wow! It didn't take you long to figure this board out! ;) :D You're just as confusing as everyone else!

Has anyone seen the keys to the ship? And why is there a banana next the place where I usually keep them?

Hey Ken...
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Banana
Banana who?
Knock knock....

I'm glad to hear you're okay! How's the office? Do you have to work w/o a roof??

Anyone have anything yummy planned for breakfast? (All my food's at the new house... oops...)

Thanks! The office is fine - it was a section of the roof over the men's bathroom in our lunch area and an area in the warehouse. And yep - even if the WHOLE roof would've been gone we would've been made to work! (I'm pretty sure they would've at least given us umbrellas)

Breakfast for me was two Krispy Kreme donuts and a White Chocolate Raspberry Cappacino. Not on my diet, not suppossed to be having the stuff.. but I am feeling so wiped out.. I had to have that 'kick' to wake up this morning!

Good morning all. It is a bit nippy here...55 degrees in May! Unheard of, but lovely!

Good morning back! It's quite nippy here too.. I'm actually wearing a long sleeved shirt, and had to wear my jacket into work also. Only suppossed to warm into the mid 60s today. And more rain is expected. We'll see if the roof here at work leaks again!

Glad your child was well enough to go back to school, and I'm glad you found out what was wrong with you. Take care of yourself and don't be overdoing anything.

I'm anxious to see Shrek 3, but will probably wait a few weeks so the theater won't be as crowded.

Hey, has anyone seen Frankie lately? Or has the monkey taken him also?

offwego
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi Everyone!
Is Capt. Jack still serving drinks? I could go for a mojito and a little TLC from Will Turner:blush: (having a very bad month)
I hope the monkey didn't take the cocktails too. Sorry your having a bad month!

:pirate: <- Is that not a pirate smiley? Perhaps it needs more hair?

Breakfast for me was two Krispy Kreme donuts and a White Chocolate Raspberry Cappacino. Not on my diet, not suppossed to be having the stuff.. but I am feeling so wiped out.. I had to have that 'kick' to wake up this morning!

Sounds good though!

Hey, has anyone seen Frankie lately? Or has the monkey taken him also? Do you think the Monkey is Frankie's latest disguise?

And Alex...does your comment mean we are supposed to make a choice or something? Seriously? How odd...must have misssed that memo.

mtown71
05-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh c'mon Deb....why would you want Orlando when you have Ken, Frankie and me?
Hmmmmm...how can I put this in a nice way??:confused: Wow..since you put it that way...what a tough decision.....ORLANDO!!!!!

Thanks. I applied for a job on a different unit last night. Crossing fingers for that one. It all boils down to seniority, so depends on who else applied. Thing is...I like the unit I am on, I have good friends there and feel part of that team. I will be sad to leave, but will if I have to. It will all work out somehow. I believe everything happens for a reason. Anyone know the reason???
Good luck to you!!! Hope you get the job! Be sure to let us know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :fingers:

Yeah!! So glad to hear your in the clear... sending LOADS of cookies your way!! What kind would you like??

Hmmmm...any kind of cookies sound good to me!!! We just have to keep them away from Alex.

What should I have for lunch? Anybody got good ideas?

drummerboy
05-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Ken -- I think this should be the new motto. Do we have to pass a resolution or something?
I think we need to use the more inclusive "it's the monkey's fault", don't you?

Christine
05-17-2007, 12:42 PM
How about, "The monkey made me do it"??

Mickey'sGirl
05-17-2007, 01:01 PM

My mind is now going at full tilt (with jokes), but this is a family friendly site!

I was just out walking at lunchtime...I think there's a windchill! Are you sure it's May?

Nascfan
05-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Quite chilly here too. Maybe it's October?

Hope everyone is having a good day! :)

dlpmikki
05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
What's up? I have limited time on Intercot for a couple of days and you set sail without me!

We went down to London for Andrew's birthday to meet some friends and do some shopping. Didn't find anything we wanted shopping but did see the friends and go to a drinks reception at the Law Society.

Today I played tennis and one of the men hit a very fast ball straight at me. I tried to get out of the way because I thought it was going out but I couldn't move far enough and it hit me on the head. :scared: :medic: He jumped straight over the net to see if I was alright. I am, apart from a sore head!

Anyway :pixie: for everyone still needing the hospital part of this good ship. Think it is time I tried to set a trap for Jack using Figaro as bait. Last time they met he wanted to eat Figaro! :D :thedolls:

disneydrmr
05-17-2007, 02:26 PM

My mind is now going at full tilt (with jokes), but this is a family friendly site!

Is this gonna end up being a large case of "monkey see, monkey do"?

Hope everyone is having a good day! :)

Maybe Mother Nature drank all the rum?

Today I played tennis and one of the men hit a very fast ball straight at me. I tried to get out of the way because I thought it was going out but I couldn't move far enough and it hit me on the head. :scared: :medic: He jumped straight over the net to see if I was alright. I am, apart from a sore head!

Anyway :pixie: for everyone still needing the hospital part of this good ship. Think it is time I tried to set a trap for Jack using Figaro as bait. Last time they met he wanted to eat Figaro! :D :thedolls:

Wow! Never knew tennis was a contact sport! Hope your head heals quickly!

Speaking of Figaro... when will you be posting the next "Where's Figaro" picture? And I don't believe you need to set any traps for Jack, I do believe Lynne has him handcuffed in the Captain's quarters...and several of our ladies are standing guard outside the door. I do not think he will be able to escape their clutches... ;)

Riri529
05-17-2007, 02:33 PM

Alex, that pirate hat looks a bit snug. Is your head growing????

I must weigh in on the Crocs. Whoa Nelly! Not the most fashionable shoe, to say the least. Clearly comfort comes before beauty with respect to this footwear. I implore you Christine--Don't do it!

Originally Posted by dlpmikki

Who says tennis is not a dangerous game? I've dodged a few bullets myself.

Ellen, how are you feeling? I hope you're doing well.

Hey, how about that crazy storm around the NY area yesterday. Tornado watch--pretty weird.

mtown71
05-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Think it is time I tried to set a trap for Jack using Figaro as bait. Last time they met he wanted to eat Figaro! :D :thedolls:

Since Jack is well guarded, you could set the trap for Will. I would love to guard him!!! :cloud9: (yes, I know....family friendly site..get the mind out of the gutter, Di.)

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt except for the headache. Hope that goes away quickly.
Anyone have a heavy jacket to share so I don't have to go looking for mine? It has turned pretty cold here.

alpro2
05-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Just because Orlando and Johnny are good looking, rich and famous.....Are the JQ women that shallow? ;) After all, they can't be as charming as the JQ men. Isn't that right fellas?....Fellas?.....FELLAS????

whisper to self (boy this hat is getting tighter and tighter).

Dsnygirl
05-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Good morning, all.... (well, good afternoon to you, but I just got up... yawn... I went to bed late this morning and I am exhausted...:( ) Anyone know of a Starbucks that delivers? I need some kind of double mocha espresso latte with all kinds of extra stuff in it....:eyes:

It's pretty chilly here, too... I believe the high was to be 50 degrees today. Brrrr!! And to think it was 85 two days ago... I have to admit, though, the cooler weather will be better for moving this weekend - now, to try to keep the rain away!!

Sounds like a breakfast of champions to me... nothing quite as good as a warm Krispy Kreme donut to start the day. Now, if only they delivered along with Starbucks, I'd be set!!

Hmmmm...any kind of cookies sound good to me!!! We just have to keep them away from Alex.

How about double chocolate chip with Reese's chunks?? I'll send 'em with the monkey... maybe he can play "keep away" with Alex. :D

If only... well, as long as it was before October 11th... ;)

Today I played tennis and one of the men hit a very fast ball straight at me. I tried to get out of the way because I thought it was going out but I couldn't move far enough and it hit me on the head. He jumped straight over the net to see if I was alright. I am, apart from a sore head!

Glad to hear you're okay, Mikki! Gotta watch out for those little green balls... I've been nailed with a few... quite nasty! :crazy:

Maybe Mother Nature drank all the rum?
:funny:

I hope you've all had a great day... and hey, it can't be THAT bad... tomorrow's FRIDAY!! (Sorry for yellling... just can't wait to get this week over with!! :blush:)

So - who's gonna stay up with me tonight and keep me awake??? Any takers??

offwego
05-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Just because Orlando and Johnny are good looking, rich and famous.....Are the JQ women that shallow? ;) After all, they can't be as charming as the JQ men. Isn't that right fellas?....Fellas?.....FELLAS????

whisper to self (boy this hat is getting tighter and tighter). how tiny is that hat? Why would that be shallow any way? It's not like we wouldn't value their minds...I'm sure at least once and a while we'd ask them a question or two..we have practice afterall!:cool:

Good morning, all.... (well, good afternoon to you, but I just got up... yawn... I went to bed late this morning and I am exhausted...:( ) Anyone know of a Starbucks that delivers? I need some kind of double mocha espresso latte with all kinds of extra stuff in it....:eyes:

Now, if only they delivered along with Starbucks, I'd be set!!

Oh that sounds so good..except for the extra stuff. Maybe an internet order system? They do it with Pizza after all.

Dsnygirl
05-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Since Jack is well guarded, you could set the trap for Will. I would love to guard him!!! :cloud9: (yes, I know....family friendly site..get the mind out of the gutter, Di.)

Hmmm... let's see... admiration of beautiful men... conspiring to steal pirates... willing to risk all to guard them and keep them safe... Minds in the gutter??? Shallow women??? I'd say we're pretty darn smart & courageous! We should be admired & respected - it's not every day you'd find a bunch with so much to offer!! :blush: (okay... just admit it... minds in the gutter... admission of monkey business... living on a pirate ship... hmmm... not winning the arguement too well... )

C'mon girls - back me up!! And by "admiration of beautiful (and charming, of course...) men", I meant all our JQ guys, of course!! :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
05-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey, how about that crazy storm around the NY area yesterday. Tornado watch--pretty weird.

Sorry - I believe those storms came to you via Ohio... same one that caused the mini tornado that took part of my company's roof off. Hope you survived!

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt except for the headache. Hope that goes away quickly.
Anyone have a heavy jacket to share so I don't have to go looking for mine? It has turned pretty cold here.

Hey everyone - make sure you watch where you are walking in this thread.. all these traps around here is making it pretty dangerous. Could someone make a map showing all the trap locations? I'm sure none of you Jack/Will loving ladies would like to have your trap sprung by accident and find, oh, say, Alex, in it - now would you? ;)

Shallow? No. Smart - YES!

So - who's gonna stay up with me tonight and keep me awake??? Any takers??

Wish I could help - but I've really been dragging today... maybe the monkey will help keep you awake tonight...

Hope everyone has a great evening!

disneydrmr
05-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Hmmm... let's see... admiration of beautiful men... conspiring to steal pirates... willing to risk all to guard them and keep them safe... Minds in the gutter??? Shallow women??? I'd say we're pretty darn smart & courageous! We should be admired & respected - it's not every day you'd find a bunch with so much to offer!! :blush: (okay... just admit it... minds in the gutter... admission of monkey business... living on a pirate ship... hmmm... not winning the arguement too well... )

C'mon girls - back me up!! And by "admiration of beautiful (and charming, of course...) men", I meant all our JQ guys, of course!! :thumbsup:

(handing Blythe some cookies).. here - don't try to 'reason' with them.. just toss the JQ guys some cookies and they'll be quite satisfied...

Think we should also set out some rum for them?

Jasper
05-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Yes, we've outfitted The Black Pearl with the latest in floating hospital ship technology to accomodate our JQ crowd.

So did someone tell you that I was going to be around again? Believe me, the way my wife beats on me Iam going to need the services of the Black Pearl!!

Christine
05-17-2007, 05:36 PM

Poor Mikki! Welcome to the sick ward of the ship! But I am sure once you sleep it off, you'll be released!

I must weigh in on the Crocs. Whoa Nelly! Not the most fashionable shoe, to say the least. Clearly comfort comes before beauty with respect to this footwear. I implore you Christine--Don't do it!

But they're supposed to be so comfy! I saw Neal McCoy in WalMart (country western singer...he lives here) and he was wearing hot pink ones!

I'll try to stay away, but if my feet start to hurt I can't make any promises

Well I can honestly say I am madly in love with a JQ man! :heart: But I can also honestly say I would drop him in a New York minute for Jack Sparrow...and he knows it, too! :bolt:

Remember that episode of Friends where Ross has his "list" of celebrity freebies? Well Capt. Jack is number one on my list!

You should see John's list...:rolleyes: Men can be plenty shallow too! ;)

So did someone tell you that I was going to be around again? Believe me, the way my wife beats on me Iam going to need the services of the Black Pearl!!

Jasper, how's the back??? Don't tell me your wife beats you when you're down??? Or is that the reason you're down???

Jasper
05-17-2007, 05:59 PM
I got dibs on the Captain's berth!!

As long as it is only dibs on the his berth and not the captain himself, after all this is a family site you know!!!!!:D :D

Jasper
05-17-2007, 06:54 PM

I have been taking massive doses of various narcotics for many years now because of my back pain and can certainly sympathize with your issues!!

Did you report any of your issues to your doctor? These are the kind of things that your doc will want to know about even if they can't do anything about it now. Often times they will use different combinations and quantities of various meds in the future.

As for the crocs, if they make you feel good, then just wear them and don't worry about what anyone else thinks!!!:blush: :blush: :blush:

No matter what you do, the crocs will be ugly so, just do what makes you feel good!!

marlyn
05-17-2007, 09:12 PM

(How was that Marlyn?)

Very well done. You have just been promoted to first mate savvy?

Hey, has anyone seen Frankie lately? Or has the monkey taken him also?

maybe Frankie IS the monkey??

Hope you get the job! Be sure to let us know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :fingers:

Thanks. Any extra luck can only help!

Just because Orlando and Johnny are good looking, rich and famous.....Are the JQ women that shallow?

Well, I certainly can't speak for all the women here...but as for me, yep, that shallow when it comes to pirates :blush:

As long as it is only dibs on the his berth and not the captain himself, after all this is a family site you know!!!!!:D :D

Oh yes...of course, just the berth! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
05-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Di, glad to hear that you're okay. Have you seen Toto around?

BTW, I used to be a redhead... now I'm more "golden brown."

OK, since a couple of people claimed to like oatmeal (and not in cookie form), it's available again tomorrow morning for breakfast. It's the plain kind though - no fancy flavored stuff for me (they're loaded with sugar). I do have plain sugar, brown sugar or, my choice, Splenda, to sweeten it up, and some cinnamon to add a little spice if you so choose.
I tried a new thing with my oatmeal this morning... mixed it with one Splenda, 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin (not the pie filling), 1/2 banana and a whole bunch of pumpkin pie spice! It was good (and quite filling) and I already got in 1 veg and 1 fruit by breakfast.

I have to do a phone interview for a bio page for clients..yuck. Who on earth knows what your clients say about you? or what they can gain from doing business with me. (though I suspect most of them say money)...who on earth thinks these ideas up?
We do this all the time for our client-serving partners. I've written quite a few in my time. Nat, you'll be happy to know that I had a photo shoot for the firm yesterday and took off my cute little Mary Jane Crocs and put on a really nice pair of heels. Too bad the compression garment made it into the shots. I'm not too happy with the way I look these days so I'm considering them my "before" pics.

Obviously, just got back from the doctor. I am clear for work & whatever food I want to eat! BRING ON THOSE COOKIES!!!!!!!
Woohoo! And keep the dolls out of it.

We don't use vicodin in canada (at least not that I have heard of. Sometimes our drugs go by a different name than yours)

Vicodin is hydrocodone/apap. Don't like the stuff myself but I do have an old vial that hasn't expired yet. The dosing on the vial is way scary though: 1 or 2 (500 mg) tablets every 4 to 6 hours.

I used to think I had a pretty good swagger until DW told me I've just gotten lopsided over the years.
Do you think it's normal that I find it mildly disturbing when DS does the Jack walk?

Olivia felt well enough to go to school today. She still hasn't been able to shake the headache, but has been fever free for well over 24 hours. She was going CRAZY at home, not being in school Mon. -Wed. It gave me a sneak peek of how restless she will probably be this summer...better start planning some day camps and activities NOW!

Glad to hear that your DS is feeling better. It's nice to be able to keep them home when you need to (that was always a problem when I worked in the office), but it's also nice when they go back to school.

We'll be seeing Shrek tomorrow.

Do you think the Monkey is Frankie's latest disguise?
Nat, I think you're on to something!

Anyway :pixie: for everyone still needing the hospital part of this good ship. Think it is time I tried to set a trap for Jack using Figaro as bait. Last time they met he wanted to eat Figaro! :D
OMG, Mikki! You need to watch out for those fastballs.

I checked out the medical part of the ship today and it was quite nice. I think they mixed in some rum with my chemo though cause I felt fine afterwards... or could it have been the nice pirate nurses? ;)

Alex, that pirate hat looks a bit snug. Is your head growing????

I must weigh in on the Crocs. Whoa Nelly! Not the most fashionable shoe, to say the least.
Even the Mary Janes (http://shop.crocs.com/pc-34-4-mary-janes.aspx?reqid=34&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products)?

Sounds like a breakfast of champions to me... nothing quite as good as a warm Krispy Kreme donut to start the day. Now, if only they delivered along with Starbucks, I'd be set!!
:exactly: I know that a whole bunch of food groups covered with KK donuts and a raspberry cappucino.

Exactly! What she said! And don't they look dashing in their pirate get-up? :pirate:

So did someone tell you that I was going to be around again? Believe me, the way my wife beats on me I am going to need the services of the Black Pearl!!
Jasper, hope you're feeling better. Is the patch working? I thought that maybe your eye patch had moved to your back.

I need to get some sleep tonight so I won't be around to help on the night watch.

drummerboy
05-17-2007, 11:38 PM
BTW, I used to be a redhead... now I'm more "golden brown."
I used to be a blackhead (wait, that didn't come out right) but now I'm more "radiant silver".

Do you think it's normal that I find it mildly disturbing when DS does the Jack walk?
Not near as much as DW does when I do it.

I checked out the medical part of the ship today and it was quite nice. I think they mixed in some rum with my chemo though cause I felt fine afterwards... or could it have been the nice pirate nurses? ;)

Well fine, now you've ruined the surprise for all the JQ guys thank you very much. I guess I'll have to have the monkey guard the nurse's quarters now, especially when Alex is around.

So, did everybody at least survive Thursday? We had a small but appreciative audience again tonight for the re-opening of the show. Also, one of the ladies in the show had an allergic reaction to some medicine and DD (who's been directing the show) had to fill in at the last minute. She did an admirable job, if I may say so.

Beast_fanatic
05-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Glad to hear you're okay, Mikki! Gotta watch out for those little green balls... I've been nailed with a few... quite nasty! :crazy:

Green? Aren't most tennis balls yellow? :tennis:

I tried a new thing with my oatmeal this morning... mixed it with one Splenda, 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin (not the pie filling), 1/2 banana and a whole bunch of pumpkin pie spice! It was good (and quite filling) and I already got in 1 veg and 1 fruit by breakfast.

Ugh! Pumpkin innards! That's too many carbohydrates for me. Glad you enjoyed it though!

ElenitaB
05-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Ugh! Pumpkin innards! That's too many carbohydrates for me. Glad you enjoyed it though!
I guess I still need to work on this exchange thing, huh? :confused:

Well fine, now you've ruined the surprise for all the JQ guys thank you very much. I guess I'll have to have the monkey guard the nurse's quarters now, especially when Alex is around.

So, did everybody at least survive Thursday? We had a small but appreciative audience again tonight for the re-opening of the show. Also, one of the ladies in the show had an allergic reaction to some medicine and DD (who's been directing the show) had to fill in at the last minute. She did an admirable job, if I may say so.
Who said all nurses are women? There were several guy nurses at the pirate sick bay. :D

Are you sure she wasn't allergic to the show? (When I was in first grade, I told the teacher I was allergic to math. :blush: )

marlyn
05-18-2007, 12:28 AM
I like the idea of being a Pirate Nurse. Can I wear my sword to work? I plugged my name into the pirate name generator and got "No Eyes Anita". What is yours??

Pirate Name Generator (http://gangstaname.com/pirate_name.php)

Dsnygirl
05-18-2007, 12:45 AM

Mmm!! that actually sounds quite tasty. I've put pumpkin & pumpkin pie spice into pancakes... makes an AWESOME fall breakfast. I'll have to try the oatmeal idea...

Green? Aren't most tennis balls yellow? :tennis:

Hmmm... not here... of course, neither my husband or I play anymore, so all of ours are for our dog... maybe they're a little more green than others??

I like the idea of being a Pirate Nurse. Can I wear my sword to work? I plugged my name into the pirate name generator and got "No Eyes Anita". What is yours??

You'll never believe my name! Snifflin' Eve Sparrow!! Whoo hoo!! :woohoo: Guess I get dibs on the waitstaff.... and no, I'm not assuming I'm his sister or neice or 2nd cousin once removed... :D

Christine
05-18-2007, 01:50 AM
I plugged my name into the pirate name generator and got "No Eyes Anita". What is yours??

Mine is "Fancypants" Ursula Cutty

I wish I could change my user name from cantgetenuff to Fancypants! How cool would that be???

alpro2
05-18-2007, 06:30 AM
Ahoy there mateys...it is "Scurv-aceous Ian Sparrow"....Where'sthe pirate nurses stowed? Where are ye shallow JQ women? Where are all the double chocolate chip with Reese's chunks?

BTW...that was my name on the Pirate Name Generator. :D

drummerboy
05-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Hmmm. The first name I generated using Drummerboy can't be repeated here. Using Ken, I got Darryl the Disgruntled. Anybody want to argue with me, arrrr? I be disgruntled, savvy?

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2007, 08:40 AM
"No Eyes Anita".

Snifflin' Eve Sparrow!!

"Fancypants" Ursula Cutty

Scurv-aceous Ian Sparrow

Darryl the Disgruntled.

Well....I didn't like the one assigned to me with my married name (Sweatin' Jean Dawkins) -- so I will go by my maiden name

Cap'n Jean Birdbrain

I'll keep the Birdbrain...no issue.... 'cause I get to be the Captain!!! Not really a surprise considering my Galactic Hero status..... :D Where's the Monkey?

Christine
05-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Good morning all!

Ken, glad you had a good opening night, and that your daughter was able to step up!

Lynne, I got you a present!

http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10051&productId=1206425&langId=-1&categoryId=13760

Do you like it????

offwego
05-18-2007, 09:19 AM
We do this all the time for our client-serving partners. I've written quite a few in my time. Nat, you'll be happy to know that I had a photo shoot for the firm yesterday and took off my cute little Mary Jane Crocs and put on a really nice pair of heels. Too bad the compression garment made it into the shots. I'm not too happy with the way I look these days so I'm considering them my "before" pics.
The picture part wasn't so bad

Ugh! Pumpkin innards! That's too many carbohydrates for me. Glad you enjoyed it though! But kinda good for you carbs with the fibre no? Or are they bad still?

This sounds like fun..I'll tell you all what I end up with.

You'll never believe my name! Snifflin' Eve Sparrow!! Whoo hoo!! :woohoo: Guess I get dibs on the waitstaff.... and no, I'm not assuming I'm his sister or neice or 2nd cousin once removed... :D
Ooh that's kinda cool. So Jenn any plans for the long weekend?

offwego
05-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Ok I tried the priate name thing...mine kept having fat in it...and then some kind of body part that I don't want to be fat.:(

Guess I'm not Pirate material. Does anyone have any coffee to make me feel better?

disneydrmr
05-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Ahoy! "Ambiguous" Azriel Dawkins here... is that a mouthful or what? I used my 'real' name.. then after reading Ken's post I entered in my Icot name and got "Iron Deficient" Cynthia. Not sure which name I like better.
So, would you ladies like to release at least a couple of the Pirate Waitstaff? My cabin is in need of some swabbing. Maybe I'll put a call out to my Stitchie Poo to come and 'help' out on the ship. I'm sure he and the monkey would get along just peachy! :D

Had two Dunkin Donuts for breakfast today! Chocolate filled and a Berry Berry filled... yum! Going out for lunch with Deb and our mom... not sure where we will go though... what do you guys think? Mexican? Chinese? Burger King? Italian? So many choices....

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Ooh that's kinda cool. So Jenn any plans for the long weekend? My Harry turns 9 on Monday! We will have his family birthday dinner on Sunday, and on his actual birthday we want to go see Shrek. Other than that I have 3 yards of Triple Mix in my driveway calling for Brian to dig it into the gardens for me! What about you Pirate fat body part? ;)

Does anyone have any coffee to make me feel better? It's the Monkey's fault, I'm sure! C'mon. Let's go get a Komodo Dragon. :hug:

disneydrmr
05-18-2007, 09:32 AM
My Harry turns 9 on Monday! We will have his family birthday dinner on Sunday, and on his actual birthday we want to go see Shrek. Other than that I have 3 yards of Triple Mix in my driveway calling for Brian to dig it into the gardens for me! What about you Pirate fat body part? ;)
It's the Monkey's fault, I'm sure! C'mon. Let's go get a Komodo Dragon. :hug:

Wouldn't the Komodo Dragon eat the monkey?

Happy birthday to your Harry! Hope you guys have a GREAT time celebrating! Let me know how Shrek is... we're gonna wait a few weekends before we venture out - I hate going to movies when they first open - too crowded.

Christine
05-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Jenn, tell Harry :birthday: from me! Does your McDonald's have the Shrek toys in their happy meals, and the Shrek glasses? You could treat him to a Shrek birthday dinner AND the movie!
I know, McD's is :sick: , but I remember from your trip reports that your kids love it!

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Wouldn't the Komodo Dragon eat the monkey? Quite possibly. Is that a problem?

Let me know how Shrek is... we're gonna wait a few weekends before we venture out - I hate going to movies when they first open - too crowded.
We're taking his friends to see Pirates next Saturday .... I hate crowds...but it's what he wants... :pirate: Wanna come?

disneydrmr
05-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Quite possibly. Is that a problem?

We're taking his friends to see Pirates next Saturday .... I hate crowds...but it's what he wants... :pirate: Wanna come?

Hmmm...it might be a problem if the monkey is really Frankie in a monkey costume.

I would LOVE to come!!! Do you know if that new Skybus is offering any $10 flights to your neck of the woods?

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Jenn, tell Harry :birthday: from me! Does your McDonald's have the Shrek toys in their happy meals, and the Shrek glasses? You could treat him to a Shrek birthday dinner AND the movie!
I know, McD's is :sick: , but I remember from your trip reports that your kids love it! Thanks Christine! The Shrek stuff is at Mickey D's here too.... I take them there on Wednesday's for lunch when I'm home -- so they both have the burping Shrek (which makes them howl with laughter...then try to imitate him....Boys!)

I would LOVE to come!!! Do you know if that new Skybus is offering any $10 flights to your neck of the woods? I don't know what you are talking about Di.... but if they fly to our neck of the woods, there is probably about $8 billion in taxes added onto the base fare!

How did the jester slay the dragon? :lizard:

ElenitaB
05-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I posted a nice long post last night at 3:30 am and my WiFi (or the Icot server) ate it. Grrr

Anyway, my pirate name is Cap'n Eve Saggingsails. I wouldn't even think of trying to take over the Black Pearl. I'd rather just help Cap'n Jack out... you know, stay on his good side and all. ;)

DS has off my school today so we'll be going to see Shrek this afternoon. Hopefully I won't fall asleep (as I've tended to do lately... missed entire chunks of Meet the Robinsons and then of Spiderman 3). I will be awake for POTC:AWE though... I can guarantee you that! BTW, moviefone.com has 4 clips from the movie up on their site. It's going to be GREAT!

Now off to the galley to find some :coffee: Somehow 4 hours sleep just wasn't enough. Oh, and I'm baking cookies (Toll House). Anyone want some?

Di, I vote for Mexican... the :marg: might do Deb's throat a world of good. :D

Happy birthday to Harry!

disneydrmr
05-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks Christine! The Shrek stuff is at Mickey D's here too.... I take them there on Wednesday's for lunch when I'm home -- so they both have the burping Shrek (which makes them howl with laughter...then try to imitate him....Boys!)
I don't know what you are talking about Di.... but if they fly to our neck of the woods, there is probably about $8 billion in taxes added onto the base fare!

SKybus.. it's a brand new airline that offers $10 airfare. VERY basic service.. no food on board, no pillows, can only book via the internet.. flys out of just a few places... I know I can now go visit my friend in Kansas for only $10.

Ummmm.. how did the jester slay the dragon? I'm sure it has something to do with laughter...but my tired mind just can't put the punch line together.

I posted a nice long post last night at 3:30 am and my WiFi (or the Icot server) ate it. Grrr

Now off to the galley to find some :coffee: Somehow 4 hours sleep just wasn't enough. Oh, and I'm baking cookies (Toll House). Anyone want some?

Di, I vote for Mexican... the :marg: might do Deb's throat a world of good. :D

Well, even computers get the munchies from time to time... don't you ever feed it?

Toll House cookies!!!! What kind? Actually it doesn't matter what kind - just bring them on!

I believe we will go Mexican -the place is closer than the chinese place and since I only get an hour for lunch it makes the most sense.
Plus you can't beat the free chips and salsa! Yum!

offwego
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
My Harry turns 9 on Monday! We will have his family birthday dinner on Sunday, and on his actual birthday we want to go see Shrek. Other than that I have 3 yards of Triple Mix in my driveway calling for Brian to dig it into the gardens for me! What about you Pirate fat body part? ;)
It's the Monkey's fault, I'm sure! C'mon. Let's go get a Komodo Dragon. :hug:
Congrats to Harry! And the coffee would be so much better...I'd apparently better make mine black though. I hope you enjoy Shrek..we'll expect a review. I'm not sure helping eitht he tirple mix would count unless you 've got me spreading it around by hand or something. Don't I need lunges or something for that part? It wasn't arms at any rate.

Mexican? Chinese? Burger King? Italian? So many choices.... Did you know that Mexican and Chinese have some of the worst take out or eat in options unless you are really really careful? Worse then Burger king!! I'd go Italian!!

Christine
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Good choice on dinner Di! (And I have also envied your breakfasts this week! YUM!)
We are having Mexican tonight after we take Olivia to see Shrek after school. My family has salsa running through their veins! And Ellen is right, the hot sauce and all will probably do Deb a lot of good!

Well, I am off. Ellen, I hope you and Ben like Shrek (and I hope you don't sleep through it, poor thing!) I am a big fan of Shrek and Shrek 2, but the third is getting HORRID reviews. Oh well, what do they know???

Nascfan
05-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Using my full name:
Frownin' Skylar Scabb

Using only my first name:
Pirate John the Engorged

Which do you guys like better?

Have a great Friday everyone and an even better weekend!

offwego
05-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't know what you are talking about Di.... but if they fly to our neck of the woods, there is probably about $8 billion in taxes added onto the base fare!

Yah Toronto is just crazy on the airport taxes! I can't believe the differences.

Well, even computers get the munchies from time to time... don't you ever feed it?

Toll House cookies!!!! What kind? Actually it doesn't matter what kind - just bring them on!

I believe we will go Mexican -the place is closer than the chinese place and since I only get an hour for lunch it makes the most sense.
Plus you can't beat the free chips and salsa! Yum!
Do computers eat cookies?

Well, I am off. Ellen, I hope you and Ben like Shrek (and I hope you don't sleep through it, poor thing!) I am a big fan of Shrek and Shrek 2, but the third is getting HORRID reviews. Oh well, what do they know???
Weird around here they are kinda in the middle

weswerx
05-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Anyone else off today?
I think that I just might go to the beach. Anyone wanna come along?
BTW, I'm Shark Tooth Brody....I think I might watch Jaws again before I go to the beach...:shark:

disneydrmr
05-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Using my full name:
Frownin' Skylar Scabb

Using only my first name:
Pirate John the Engorged

Which do you guys like better?

Have a great Friday everyone and an even better weekend!

Hmmmm.... with all the cookies and chocolate you eat I would say Pirate John the Engorged fits you best! ;) :D

Good choice on dinner Di! (And I have also envied your breakfasts this week! YUM!)
We are having Mexican tonight after we take Olivia to see Shrek after school. My family has salsa running through their veins! And Ellen is right, the hot sauce and all will probably do Deb a lot of good!

Ack.. we ended up going Chinese.. and well, now my tummy is regretting it. I used to get take out from this place quite a bit, but with my budget woes and heart issues I'd stopped.. they have truly gone down in quality since... Hope your Mexican is good tonight.

Do computers eat cookies?

I don't know about eating them.. but I know my computer stores cookies. I'm sure they get stale after awhile.. don't you think?

Anyone else off today?
BTW, I'm Shark Tooth Brody....I think I might watch Jaws again before I go to the beach...:shark:

Nope, I'm working.. wish I were off.. and wish I could go to the beach also! Can you call my workplace and get me out of working the rest of the afternoon? Um, why don't you watch Beach Blanket Bingo instead?

offwego
05-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Sorry Di that you are working...with a roof I hope though?

there's a thread in theme parks I found funny. Did you guys know it's unusual to wear heels in theme parks? Apprently this isn't the norm for the ladies? I was unaware....though supposedly only first time vistors would do this...or fashion addicts.

Hmm...does this mean my new lime green and pink wedge heels shouldn't go? I've been looking for something in coral and blue as well. Is this odd? I mean I thought it was my job to let you all know about shoes at WDW...does this mean I don't have to do a trip report in Sept now?

marlyn
05-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Lynne, I got you a present!

http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10051&productId=1206425&langId=-1&categoryId=13760

Do you like it????

Like it?? Like it?? You have to ask? I love it!

I put my user name into the pirate name generator and the one it gave me definitely suits my current status (considering the loss of my previous job) so I am keeping the new name. I am hereby known as...

Pirate Aurora the Cash-Strapped

Nascfan
05-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Anyone else off today?

Wait for me Wes! I'm working but I'll happily blow it off to go to the beach!

there's a thread in theme parks I found funny. Did you guys know it's unusual to wear heels in theme parks? Apprently this isn't the norm for the ladies? I was unaware....though supposedly only first time vistors would do this...or fashion addicts.

Hmm...does this mean my new lime green and pink wedge heels shouldn't go? I've been looking for something in coral and blue as well. Is this odd? I mean I thought it was my job to let you all know about shoes at WDW...does this mean I don't have to do a trip report in Sept now?

Haha, I just read that thread Nat, and knew you'd be replying in it. ;)

Where'd my question go?

Jasper
05-18-2007, 01:47 PM
or are you ladies too busy with the wait staff? (oops... family friendly site :blush: ;) )

Hey, who says the wait staff is all male? Maybe it is a mixed staff?:blush: :blush: :D

offwego
05-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey, who says the wait staff is all male? Maybe it is a mixed staff?:blush: :blush: :D

Didn't Ken say Elizabeth was too skinny? Maybe not I can't recall.

I guess you could have a few..but Alex didn't insist & I think we set sail. Could be a problem their no?

How's your back?

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2007, 01:57 PM
there's a thread in theme parks I found funny. Did you guys know it's unusual to wear heels in theme parks? Apprently this isn't the norm for the ladies? I was unaware....though supposedly only first time vistors would do this...or fashion addicts....WDW...does this mean I don't have to do a trip report in Sept now? You do need to report.... Inquiring minds want to know ..... I want to know... I live vicariously shoewise these days... ;)

Haha, I just read that thread Nat, and knew you'd be replying in it. ;) Me too, Scott! How you doing?

Hey, who says the wait staff is all male? Maybe it is a mixed staff?:blush: :blush: :D I heard the Redhead is on duty now..... hey .... hey.... Where'd everybody go??

mtown71
05-18-2007, 02:22 PM

Ummm...in this case, yes, I am shallow! Orlando's accent & how he looks, Yep, call me Miss Shallowpants! (no, that's not my pirate name)

Why would that be shallow any way? It's not like we wouldn't value their minds...I'm sure at least once and a while we'd ask them a question or two..we have practice afterall!
You got that right! :thumbsup:

Hmmm... let's see... admiration of beautiful men... conspiring to steal pirates... willing to risk all to guard them and keep them safe... Minds in the gutter??? Shallow women??? I'd say we're pretty darn smart & courageous! We should be admired & respected - it's not every day you'd find a bunch with so much to offer!! (okay... just admit it... minds in the gutter... admission of monkey business... living on a pirate ship... hmmm... not winning the arguement too well... )

C'mon girls - back me up!! And by "admiration of beautiful (and charming, of course...) men", I meant all our JQ guys, of course!!

Well, I was backing you up until you said you meant the JQ guys. :thedolls: Nah, I'm kidding...gotta love our JQ guys. Just love Orlando more!

I like the idea of being a Pirate Nurse. Can I wear my sword to work?
Sure...you don't plan on stabbing anyone with it though, do you?

Ahoy there mateys...it is "Scurv-aceous Ian Sparrow"....Where'sthe pirate nurses stowed? Where are ye shallow JQ women? Where are all the double chocolate chip with Reese's chunks?

BTW...that was my name on the Pirate Name Generator. :D

Nice to meet you! I fed Elizabeth all of the cookies so she won't be so skinny. (happy now, Ken?) She is around here somewhere. Just call me "Calico" Shakira Bonny. I think I was robbed on my name. Do the hips lie?

disneydrmr
05-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I heard the Redhead is on duty now..... hey .... hey.... Where'd everybody go??

And what's wrong with the Redhead being on duty?

Well, I was backing you up until you said you meant the JQ guys. :thedolls: Nah, I'm kidding...gotta love our JQ guys. Just love Orlando more!

Sure...you don't plan on stabbing anyone with it though, do you?

We 'gotta' love our JQ guys? Is that in the official thread rules? What page? What paragraph? There's gotta be a loophole somewhere....;)

Even if she does stab someone - she is a nurse.... she would just be drumming up business for herself! Talk about job security! :D

Jasper
05-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Boy, you have all been busy little beavers; or should I say monkeys: lately haven't you? I posted two days ago and came back today to find 3 or 4 new pages!! I have just spent the last hour or so trying to catch up. I finally gave up and just scanned through.

I wish someone had warned me about the monkey before I started wandering around the ship! So, just who is it that is in charge of cleaning up the monkey poo?

For those of you who have been asking about my back, I am starting to see some improvement in the pain level now that I am on the pain patch!! There is still a lot of pain, but the patch does seem to be keeping it at a more manageable level.

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2007, 02:53 PM
And what's wrong with the Redhead being on duty?
nothing.....that's what the JQ guys want (Does We wants the Readhead! ring a bell?)

So, just who is it that is in charge of cleaning up the monkey poo? Why...the monkey, of course!

For those of you who have been asking about my back, I am starting to see some improvement in the pain level now that I am on the pain patch!! . This is terrific news, Jasper! I hope the improvement continues!

Jasper
05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Why...the monkey, of course!
!

So, if the monkey is charge of cleaning up the poo do you think I can get him to clean off my shoes? Good thing was wearing my crocs today when I started wandering around the ship, they make for easy cleaning!!

disneydrmr
05-18-2007, 03:42 PM
nothing.....that's what the JQ guys want (Does We wants the Readhead! ring a bell?)
Why...the monkey, of course!
This is terrific news, Jasper! I hope the improvement continues!

The only bell this Redhead rings is the one for service!! So, is the monkey in charge of room service also? That might explain why I got a banana instead of the t-bone steak I ordered...

So, if the monkey is charge of cleaning up the poo do you think I can get him to clean off my shoes? Good thing was wearing my crocs today when I started wandering around the ship, they make for easy cleaning!!

I think you'll need to show the monkey how to clean your shoes first.. you know.. Monkey see - monkey do.... :D

drummerboy
05-18-2007, 05:46 PM
We 'gotta' love our JQ guys? Is that in the official thread rules? What page? What paragraph? There's gotta be a loophole somewhere....;)
Arrr, and you're not rememberin' the compact ye signed in blood before ye came aboard, are ye? Ye were too busy lookin' at the Captain, eh? It's all locked in the secret vault now and not even the monkey will tell ye's where 'tis.

By the way, did I tell you that Davey Jones is going to be in charge while Capt. Jack is off on his premier thingy? Capt. Barbosa's second-in-command. Enjoy the voyage--muwhahahahahahaha. :thedolls: :thedolls:

trackbarroness
05-18-2007, 07:30 PM
It's a good thing i borrowed someone's racing sloop so I could catch up with ya'll rather quckly, or so I thought. :blush: So who wants to help me with the sloop? :D I got goodies over here. Mickey ice cream anyone? :D Oh hi Ken and Captain. Permission to come aboard?

Dsnygirl
05-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow!! You guys have been busy... I'd love to catch up on all the posts, but as there are men everywhere carrying everything out of my house, I feel guilty being on here too long. I had to beg my DH as it was to not turn off the computer until I had a chance to stop by and say goodbye to you guys! After this post, I'm shut off until Sunday at least... :sob: I feel the withdrawal setting in already...

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend... send some pixie dust our way, and I'll catch up with the ship sometime Sunday! And if anyone has any extra cookies, could you send a few my way? I don't think there's any food left here... (maybe the monkey took it all???)

Snifflin' Eve Sparrow signing out... :pout:

Christine
05-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, we went to see Shrek the Third. It is getting terrible reviews from the critics, but we all loved it! Oh well, to each their own.

Anyone have big plans this weekend? We hardly know what to do with ourselves now that soccer is over :( .

Beast_fanatic
05-19-2007, 12:21 AM
I guess I still need to work on this exchange thing, huh? :confused:

Nah, your banana, pumpkin innard, oatmeal combination probably isn't too horrible for a normal person, but my blood sugar runs high in the morning, so I limit my carbs then.

That's too funny.

With just my first name, I got: Cap'n Bella Roughnight

I think that was the best of the offerings. :blush:

We seem to have a lot of captains now, huh?

Wow!! You guys have been busy... I'd love to catch up on all the posts, but as there are men everywhere carrying everything out of my house, I feel guilty being on here too long. I had to beg my DH as it was to not turn off the computer until I had a chance to stop by and say goodbye to you guys! After this post, I'm shut off until Sunday at least... :sob: I feel the withdrawal setting in already...

Good luck with the move! :pixie:

Glad everyone seems to be starting to recover! I think there's some powerful pirate pixie dust at work here! :pirate:

alpro2
05-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Ummm...in this case, yes, I am shallow! Orlando's accent & how he looks, Yep, call me Miss Shallowpants! (no, that's not my pirate name)

What kind of a name is Orlando anyway? Maybe I should change my name. "Hi Deb, please to meet you, my name is Tampa. Meet my friend Miami, my sister Boca, and brother West Palm".

alpro2
05-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Do you think Orlando Bloom's nickname is MCO? (I just crack myself up :D )

Nascfan
05-19-2007, 08:26 AM
It's a good thing i borrowed someone's racing sloop so I could catch up with ya'll rather quckly, or so I thought. :blush: So who wants to help me with the sloop?

(singing at top of lungs)
Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy hang on!

Oh, sorry, momentary lapse there. :D

What kind of a name is Orlando anyway? Maybe I should change my name. "Hi Deb, please to meet you, my name is Tampa. Meet my friend Miami, my sister Boca, and brother West Palm".

:laughing: That was good Alex! Or should I say Tampa? I'm going to change my name to St. Augustine ok? I've always wanted to be a Saint, but knew I'd never have the credentials. Haha!

drummerboy
05-19-2007, 09:30 AM
It appears that our JQ wenches would rather chase after this Orlando person who only seems to be interested in someone who needs a porkchop or two. I'm glad I've hired good healthy wenches like The Redhead to staff the PHC (Pirate Hospital/Cookie) ship. If we're going to be snubbed by our own JQers guys, we might as well look elsewhere. [Walks to bowspr'it and peers out over vast ocean, contmplating life's many snubs and unfairnesses. Thinks "Now where in the world did I hide the rum kegs?"]

Well, all in all, I think it's the monkey's fault anyway.

mtown71
05-19-2007, 10:32 AM
I wish someone had warned me about the monkey before I started wandering around the ship! So, just who is it that is in charge of cleaning up the monkey poo?

For those of you who have been asking about my back, I am starting to see some improvement in the pain level now that I am on the pain patch!! There is still a lot of pain, but the patch does seem to be keeping it at a more manageable level.
Ummmm...I think you won the job of cleaning up after monkey. Don't you remember or is that just some strong meds ya got now? Glad to hear that the pain is becoming more managable. Good luck with it.

I think you'll need to show the monkey how to clean your shoes first.. you know.. Monkey see - monkey do.... :D
Now, don't you think that was a little mean? :nono:

By the way, did I tell you that Davey Jones is going to be in charge while Capt. Jack is off on his premier thingy? Capt. Barbosa's second-in-command. Enjoy the voyage--muwhahahahahahaha.
You still left Orlando on board, didn't you??

:fresh: Don't forget your uncle, Sarasota.

See above.

It appears that our JQ wenches would rather chase after this Orlando person who only seems to be interested in someone who needs a porkchop or two. I'm glad I've hired good healthy wenches like The Redhead to staff the PHC (Pirate Hospital/Cookie) ship. If we're going to be snubbed by our own JQers guys, we might as well look elsewhere. [Walks to bowspr'it and peers out over vast ocean, contmplating life's many snubs and unfairnesses. Thinks "Now where in the world did I hide the rum kegs?"]

The monkey took the rum kegs?Or was it Tampa or the Saint person? I told you I still love our JQ guys...just Orlando is so distracting!

marlyn
05-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Snifflin' Eve Sparrow signing out... :pout:

Hope everything goes smoothly with your move Blythe!!

Anyone have big plans this weekend? :( .

I am driving the boys to see their father. He lives in Australia but is moving to Canada this summer (Winnipeg, Manitoba). He is flying in to Victoria today to see them for the weekend as they have been in Manitoba looking for a home. So...I have the weekend to myself. It doesn't happen often since he lives so far away. I should be going out on the town, but truth be told, I just want to stay at home and have some quiet! Boring huh??

We seem to have a lot of captains now, huh?

I am sensing a mutiny maybe??

LOL...THAT was funny. I just about spewed my coffee all over keyboard!

Very dramatic, Oscar worthy performance there!! I say you give Orlando stiff competition with that!! :thumbsup:

Christine
05-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Ahoy, mates!

What a beautiful day it is here! About 75 degrees and baby blue skies with white fluffy clouds! Perfect day to sail!

I am feeling so much better...I can't thank you all enough for the pixie dust and prayers! I still have a bit of ocassional dizziness from the pain killer residual, but other than that, I'm good...no more chest pains or heart palpatations!

As for the surgical part, I still can't get a good morning stretch all the way (man, I miss stretching!) but I feel pretty good. A few "spasms" once in a while if I move wrong...no biggie. My only BIG complaint is the swelling in my abdomen STILL hasn't gone down! The scale shows I lost 4 pounds (and I can believe it...week 1 post op I didn't eat anything but chicken broth and gatorade), but I still can't wear any of my clothes that aren't drawstring or elastic waists! It is getting frustrating! Wonder how long this will go on???

At any rate, I've been very pleased with this vessel's medics!

When do we hit Tortuga for some :beer: :marg: :beer: ?

Christine
05-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh, I forgot to add...

Know why else I am feeling better??? Because John and I finally decided that I will get to go to WDW in October for the I-COT meet!!! I am so happy!!! I cannot wait!!!

drummerboy
05-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I am sensing a mutiny maybe??
I think that happened a long time ago, don't you?

Very dramatic, Oscar worthy performance there!! I say you give Orlando stiff competition with that!! :thumbsup:
:blush: :blush: Oh, please stop, you're embarassing me. [He says with a twinkle in his eye that says "oh please, do continue"]

I am feeling so much better.
Very good news.

Hey, we shanghai...er, hire only the best.

We haven't got time for that! We've got treasure to find. Not to mention the rum kegs.

Oh, I forgot to add...

Know why else I am feeling better??? Because John and I finally decided that I will get to go to WDW in October for the I-COT meet!!! I am so happy!!! I cannot wait!!!
More great news.

pjbs35a
05-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Who just won the Preakness ???

Riri529
05-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Ahoy Mates. The JQ scallywags and wenches certainly have been busy. You guys are harder to keep up with than the Black Pearl.
Desirable men with geographical names, waifish wenches in need of pork chops, monkeys, treasure, talk of mutiny. Captain Jack himself would have a hard time keeping up (although I'm sure any one of the ladies would be happy to bring him up to speed).
BTW--Any luck finding that rum?:marg:

Oh, I forgot to add...
Christine, great news on all fronts!:thumbsup:

mtown71
05-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I am feeling so much better...I can't thank you all enough for the pixie dust and prayers! I still have a bit of ocassional dizziness from the pain killer residual, but other than that, I'm good...no more chest pains or heart palpatations!

As for the surgical part, I still can't get a good morning stretch all the way (man, I miss stretching!) but I feel pretty good. A few "spasms" once in a while if I move wrong...no biggie. My only BIG complaint is the swelling in my abdomen STILL hasn't gone down! The scale shows I lost 4 pounds (and I can believe it...week 1 post op I didn't eat anything but chicken broth and gatorade), but I still can't wear any of my clothes that aren't drawstring or elastic waists! It is getting frustrating! Wonder how long this will go on???

Glad to hear that you are starting to finally feel better. It will take a while for the abdomen bloating to go down. During a gallbladder surgery, they have to pump you full of air. So, they suggest that you drink a lot of soda & burp & um..pass wind (is that o.k. for a family site?) to your heart's content. This gets the air moving out. I had to watch quite a few of these when I went to xray school at the hosptial & then when I worked there.

Do our JQ guys forgive us yet for going crazy for Johnny & Orlando??? How many dozens of cookies & kegs of rum will it take to be forgiven???
Oh, forgot to say...welcome back Frankie!! Was it a good trip?

Mickey'sGirl
05-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Who just won the Preakness ???Curlin' according to my sources..... Nice to see you :spy: . Can I get you a rootbeer float?

Christine -- I am so happy for you on all accounts! Where you staying and have you got your MNSSHP tickets yet?

Brian hauled about 2 yards of triple mix for me today..... our front perennial gardens look quite nice already! Anyone have a lilac to plant under the bay in the dining room?

Lynne -- I think that I would be handling my weekend "off" in the same way. Enjoy it sister!!

marlyn
05-19-2007, 09:29 PM

Awesome news!!!:thumbsup: So glad you feel better health-wise, and going to the Icot meet is so exciting. I am trying so hard to find the means to go...any ideas?

blush: :blush: Oh, please stop, you're embarassing me. [He says with a twinkle in his eye that says "oh please, do continue"].

You have this acting thing down pat don't you?

Lynne -- I think that I would be handling my weekend "off" in the same way. Enjoy it sister!!

Thanks. I am sitting here with my sushi, a glass of red wine and two movies to watch! Total chick flicks :D Only thing coming between me and a great weekend is the fact that when I got home I had no satellite signal. I must watch Desperate Housewives tomorrow night! I am now on hold with satellite company!

Christine
05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
We haven't got time for that! We've got treasure to find. Not to mention the rum kegs.

No trip to Tortuga??? Am I on the right boat???

Christine, great news on all fronts!:thumbsup:

Thank you!

During a gallbladder surgery, they have to pump you full of air. So, they suggest that you drink a lot of soda & burp & um..pass wind (is that o.k. for a family site?) to your heart's content. This gets the air moving out.

They didn't tell me the soda thing....surprise, surprise!

Curlin' according to my sources..... Nice to see you :spy: . Can I get you a rootbeer float?

Christine -- I am so happy for you on all accounts! Where you staying and have you got your MNSSHP tickets yet?

Curlin did win...http://msn.foxsports.com/horseracing/story/6830470?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10035

And thanks, Jenn! I can't wait to meet you and your family! I do have my MNSSHP ticket ordered, and I think I will stay at Movies or Pop. We are on a "cash only" budget plan right now, so to pull this off while paying off my surgery, this trip will have to be slim pickings! But at least I will be there! :thumbsup:

Awesome news!!!:thumbsup: So glad you feel better health-wise, and going to the Icot meet is so exciting. I am trying so hard to find the means to go...any ideas?

Thanks, Lynne. Now that the boys' father is moving closer, could you do a quick solo weekend down there and leave them with their dad???

marlyn
05-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks, Lynne. Now that the boys' father is moving closer, could you do a quick solo weekend down there and leave them with their dad???

Maybe...I would very much like to meet you all! Maybe I could win a lottery??

Beast_fanatic
05-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Maybe...I would very much like to meet you all! Maybe I could win a lottery??

If you win, will you share with us? Hope you get to go, Lynne!

Glad to hear you'll be there in October, Christine! I still haven't ordered my MNSSHP tickets. :blush: Maybe I can accomplish that tomorrow. :rolleyes:

We went to my dad's today so my hubby could look at some electrical issues, and I could help my brother and sister do some cleaning out (in case he ever opts to move out of the house). We also went by and visited my dad in the hospital - I don't think I ever updated here, but he got out of the rehab center and went back home on 5/11. He ended up going back into the hospital on 5/17 as his oxygen level was extremely low (home health care nurse came by and checked it). He thinks he'll get to go home again in the next day or two. No one wants him going back home alone except him. :shrug: He's pretty stubborn.

With that, plus my very long walk this afternoon, I'm really tired.

Who wants to come help me do laundry tomorrow? The pool is open, so you can partake in that in between cycles.

Christine
05-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Rhonda, I am sorry your dad took another bad spell. Luckily his stubborness is how he will surely recover and go back home again!
Definitely take the time to order those MNSSHP tickets tomorrow, for sure!

Have a good evening and we'll see you in the morning. Guard the boat, watch the tide, don't touch my dirt! Saavy???

marlyn
05-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Have a good evening and we'll see you in the morning. Guard the boat, watch the tide, don't touch my dirt! Saavy???

Oops...was that your dirt??

If you win, will you share with us? Hope you get to go, Lynne!

I don't think I ever updated here, but he got out of the rehab center and went back home on 5/11. He ended up going back into the hospital on 5/17 as his oxygen level was extremely low (home health care nurse came by and checked it).

I hope I get to go also!

:pixie: for your Father Rhonda!

alpro2
05-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates......

Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl
Curlin' according to my sources

The frozen rock game with brooms?

Originally Posted by drummerboy Oh, please stop, you're embarassing me. [He says with a twinkle in his eye that says "oh please, do continue"]

Just stop it now!

Originally Posted by Riri529
Desirable men with geographical names

Are you talking about the MCO guy, or the rest of us?

Originally Posted by mtown71
So, they suggest that you drink a lot of soda & burp & um..pass wind (is that o.k. for a family site?) to your heart's content.
I read in one of those gossip mags that your friend MCO has that sort of "gas" problem.:D

What's on tap for today gang?

drummerboy
05-20-2007, 10:21 AM
On tap for today is a 3:00 matinee, last show. We had sell-outs Friday and Saturday night and the best audience yet last night.

Then...we get to try out for the next show tonight and tomorrow night. (No rest for the wicked) Next show is the musical "Children of Eden" that'll be on stage the last two weekends in July and the first weekend in August. Be sure to get your reservations in early.

Speaking of reservations, when did Frankie swim out to the ship? We didn't have a booking for him since even "Q" lost track of him for a while.

We had our cast party last night and even though I was DD, we still dragged in around 1:30. I noticed that Christine (I think) was still up. You need your rest young lady. :nono:

Christine
05-20-2007, 10:31 AM
...(no rest for the wicked)...

I noticed that Christine (I think) was still up. You need your rest young lady. :nono:

I thought you said "no rest for the wicked"???:thedolls:

Beast_fanatic
05-20-2007, 11:18 AM
OK, laundry load number one is ready to go into the dryer. Where are my volunteers? It's not like I'm making you walk the plank. :rolleyes:

Christine
05-20-2007, 11:57 AM
OK, laundry load number one is ready to go into the dryer. Where are my volunteers? It's not like I'm making you walk the plank. :rolleyes:

Oh SHOOT! Was that today??? :D

drummerboy
05-20-2007, 12:53 PM
I thought you said "no rest for the wicked"???:thedolls:
Oh yeah, that was kind of contradictory, wasn't it? Well, when the wicked are sick-ed (he he) they still need their rest.

mtown71
05-20-2007, 01:54 PM
We went to my dad's today so my hubby could look at some electrical issues, and I could help my brother and sister do some cleaning out (in case he ever opts to move out of the house). We also went by and visited my dad in the hospital - I don't think I ever updated here, but he got out of the rehab center and went back home on 5/11. He ended up going back into the hospital on 5/17 as his oxygen level was extremely low (home health care nurse came by and checked it). He thinks he'll get to go home again in the next day or two. No one wants him going back home alone except him. :shrug: He's pretty stubborn.

With that, plus my very long walk this afternoon, I'm really tired.

Who wants to come help me do laundry tomorrow? The pool is open, so you can partake in that in between cycles.
Sorry to hear this about your dad. Prayers & pixie dust heading his way. Hope he gets better. Can I bring all of my laundry too???

I read in one of those gossip mags that your friend MCO has that sort of "gas" problem.:D

What's on tap for today gang?
Who doesn't have "gas problems"? Do you believe everything you read in a gossip mag?

On tap for today is a 3:00 matinee, last show. We had sell-outs Friday and Saturday night and the best audience yet last night.

Then...we get to try out for the next show tonight and tomorrow night. (No rest for the wicked) Next show is the musical "Children of Eden" that'll be on stage the last two weekends in July and the first weekend in August. Be sure to get your reservations in early.
Good luck with this last show! I'm sure you will be great.

Ummm...would you believe that the monkey gave me wrong directions? How would you like to iron all my scrubs if I do all your laundry?

pjbs35a
05-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Speaking of reservations, when did Frankie swim out to the ship? We didn't have a booking for him since even "Q" lost track of him for a while.

Why would you think I swam ??? :spy:

marlyn
05-20-2007, 08:14 PM
So how is everyone's weekend going? Are there any Pirate helpers who could come massage my hands? I just wrote my entire trip report....16 days worth! Happy reading!

Now I need a drink. Where is Capt Jack with my :wine: ??

Christine
05-20-2007, 08:17 PM
So how is everyone's weekend going? Are there any Pirate helpers who could come massage my hands? I just wrote my entire trip report....16 days worth! Happy reading!

Trip reports...did you say trip reports??? Oooooo, I am SO heading that way! Thanks!

ElenitaB
05-20-2007, 09:10 PM
That was a good one! Here's some cookies for your troubles! (And by the way, I have a good friend in Central America whose name is Orlando.)

This JQ wench definitely is not in need of a pork chop, and even though Capn Jack and MCO might be nice to look at, I'd rather hang with the JQ guys. After all, what's better for the long term than a guy with a sense of humor? So I raise my cup o' rum to you all!

Would you like lavender or almond oil for your hand massage?

I had a lazy weekend of sorts... fatigued after treatment though we did manage to go see Shrek the Third after DS's tennis lesson yesterday. While we were at the box office, I got tickets for Thursday night's showing of POTC! Can't wait!

This is going to be a busy week at work, but a good one! Lots to do and milestones to hit!

Beast_fanatic
05-20-2007, 09:44 PM
How would you like to iron all my scrubs if I do all your laundry?

Iron? What is "iron"? That word is foreign to me. ;)

drummerboy
05-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Aye, ye were hidin' in the rum keg were ye?

Well it's all done but the shouting. We had about an hour after the last show to rest before tryouts for the next show. :faint:

DD decided to use a tenor's song for the tryout piece and this bass/baritone sounded plum awful (dear DW let me know). Assuming another decent bass/baritone doesn't show up though, I'll be playing a lead. If one does, well...they still need a drummer. Nice to know I've got a spot either way.

I believe we'll soon be able to give the hospital ward on the Black Pearl a rest. So glad to hear that everyone seems to be on the mend (well, sort of--at least Jasper's patch seems to be helping).

So, everybody come on down to the bakery for a late-night treat.

ElenitaB
05-20-2007, 10:43 PM
So, everybody come on down to the bakery for a late-night treat.
Anything good? Baba au rhum maybe? Is that where all the rum went?

Will there be leftovers for breakfast? I'll make the :coffee:

drummerboy
05-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Anything good? Baba au rhum maybe? Is that where all the rum went?

Will there be leftovers for breakfast? I'll make the :coffee:
We're well stocked, so anything you want. Lots of cinnamon buns for breakfast as well as any other treats you wish for. No calories, of course.

Lynne, read all your trip reports and really enjoyed them. That was really nice that you all got to be there with your parents for their 50th anniversary. Tell your dad I'm a model railroader too (although in planning only at theis point--lots of rolling stock, building kits and track but no layout).

Did you all think I'd forget my question?

alpro2
05-21-2007, 07:13 AM

Aye, ye were hidin' in the rum keg were ye?

Or maybe he was diguised as the monkey?

Originally Posted by ElenitaB
...and even though Capn Jack and MCO might be nice to look at, I'd rather hang with the JQ guys. After all, what's better for the long term than a guy with a sense of humor? So I raise my cup o' rum to you all!

Now that's what I like to hear! :cool:

drummerboy
05-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Or maybe he was diguised as the monkey?
You know, I hadn't thought of that. That must be why it's always the monkey's fault.

Now that's what I like to hear! :cool:
Me too. Brought a tear to my eye. Can you see it glistening on my cheek there? I tried to save it from when I read her post early this morning. 'Course it could just be my eyes watering from lack of sleep.

Aaah Monday. Back to work so I can rest again. I think both ends of the candle were about to burn to the middle after the last couple of weekends.

Did I mention that we went to another friend's funeral on Saturday? It wasn't unexpected, since she'd been sick for quite a while, but sad nevertheless. Her kids (now in their thirties) were in the church youth group that DW and I headed when they and our girls were in high school.

So as not to leave on a downer, I'll mention that in the play we just finished, several people had to accidently drip their trousers (British farce, remember) including me. You should have seen the "Sponge Bob" knee length boxers that DD found for me to wear. So I was wondering aloud to the cast one evening that if we did the show in London some time, could we say we had "London britches falling down"?

ElenitaB
05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I made the coffee and am enjoying the calorie (and carb) free goodies that Ken brought, but we've run out of milk. Could someone stop by the store and pick some up? (Oh, and I need a pound of $100 bills while you're there. :blush: Thanks!)

dlpmikki
05-21-2007, 10:15 AM
I'd get it for you Ellen but I think it may have turned to butter by the time it gets to you! Would Monopoly money do for the $100 bills?

disneydrmr
05-21-2007, 10:18 AM
This JQ wench definitely is not in need of a pork chop, and even though Capn Jack and MCO might be nice to look at, I'd rather hang with the JQ guys. After all, what's better for the long term than a guy with a sense of humor? So I raise my cup o' rum to you all!

Brownnose! :D Watch it guys - she needs help moving something big and heavy I bet! ;)

Iron? What is "iron"? That word is foreign to me. ;)

Isn't iron that essential mineral or vitamin that one's body needs to make blood or something?

So I was wondering aloud to the cast one evening that if we did the show in London some time, could we say we had "London britches falling down"?

:rolleyes:

I made the coffee and am enjoying the calorie (and carb) free goodies that Ken brought, but we've run out of milk. Could someone stop by the store and pick some up? (Oh, and I need a pound of $100 bills while you're there. :blush: Thanks!)

How many Monopoly games would I have to buy before I was able to come up with a pound of $100 bills?

I'm not having a very good Monday... my car almost got mutilated by a deer. She came out of nowhere and was at my front bumper before I saw her. Luckily (or by Divine protection I believe) she stopped just shy of crossing and waited until I passed her and then she crossed - narrowly missing being slaughtered by the two cars behind me. Had to stop and get gas - talk about sticker shock (my first fill up since prices jumped).. took $35 to fill up (usually takes only about $20 or so) Was so shook up by the deer incident I got a Pumpkin Spice cappachino, so now my body has the shakes from the caffeine. Weekend wasn't good either. There was ANOTHER car accident on my street (we live on a dangerous curve that people like to take at speeds far greater than the posted 25mph)... this idiot took out two mailboxes... sped away from the scene... the lady in the truck with him got out of the vehicle and started walking as he was trying to get out of the ditch. When he got out he sped toward her and almost hit her. Luckily one of the neighbors got his license number. We've had more accidents on this curve then I can count. Anyway.. my nerves are shot so I think I would like to find the kegs of rum also. Can someone trick the monkey into telling us where they are hidden?

drummerboy
05-21-2007, 11:49 AM
All right Di--I saw that eye-roll. For that ye get no cookie or grog ration today. 'Course, I still can't find the grog anyway because the monkey won't spill the beans. Well, he did spill the beans and the cook is mighty upset about it, but that's another story.

I think I need to slow down. I'm VP of governmental affairs (get your minds out of the gutter) for our chamber and at 10:00 I was supposed to do opening intros for a county-wide transportation update the chamber puts on each year. So, there I was at 9:30 talking to my secretary about how the show went this weekend, when she said, "Aren't you supposed to be hosting some kind of chamber thing this morning?" Fast forward to me rushing to the house to put on something a little more formal (including better shoes, Nat) and rushing out to the place where the presentation was held. At least everything is pretty close together, so I made it with time to spare. Now for some lunch and back to work.

Christine
05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
As I sit and write this post, it seems eerily familiar to LAST Monday's!

I just got home from taking Olivia to the doctor. Remember last week she had 104.6 degree fever and they said "virus...just WATCH her" ?

Well, the fever broke, but the headaches have stayed....EVERY DAY. And this morning, she had a lovely red raised prickly rash from head to toe.

So I took her back to the doctor, and they finally DID something. She tested positive for strep. She said strep untreated usually produces this rash.

So thanks, doc! If they'd tested her last week, and started antibiotics, she would be done by now. But now, since she is shedding the virus externally, she cannot be around anyone else until it completely clears.

Then for her bad headaches, they gave her vicadin. I am giving her HALF the dose, after what happened to me!

I SOOOO need this WDW trip in October!

Di, sorry your nerves are shot! Deep, cleansing breaths, dear. Being startled, scared, worried, and angry at the same time and so frequently is so bad for your health. I hope things calm down now. Poor thing.

Ken, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. And it sounds like you need to settle down too!

Mikki and Ellen, I'll take some of those $100's if you please! Also, if my friend and her hubby want some "alone time", can I come VISIT you guys at OKW in October? I get the heebie jeebies by myself, plus I'll get lonely :pout: . I found that out on my last trip when I stayed one day later than John and Olivia. I was depressed by 4:00 pm! :( :crying:

ElenitaB
05-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Brownnose! :D Watch it guys - she needs help moving something big and heavy I bet! ;)
Nah... something like the "wisdom that comes with age." Though I do need some help moving an old sofa out of the living room... but I fear that the sick bay might fill up again.

Ken, do quoted questions work on this thread?

drummerboy
05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Ken, do quoted questions work on this thread?
I submitted that question to the jury a while back and got a resounding, well I won't repeat it but it amounted to NO! I couldn't even get away with using this guy --> :confused:

Next question?

Can anybody tell I'm dawdling before I go back to work from lunch?

drummerboy
05-21-2007, 01:12 PM
I just read in the paper that they're getting ready to film Nicholas Sparks' "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere just upriver from us. Any JQ wenches want me to shanghai Richard Gere for them while he's nearby? I think I can fit him into one of the rum kegs.

Nascfan
05-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Yikes Diane! I'm glad you AND the deer are ok! And that Rascal and Rebel weren't out when idiot boy decided to take out mailboxes.

Christine, lots of :pixie: for your poor daughter. I feel for her.

You dawdle Ken? Nah, you're completing a very important task. :secret:

Christine
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I just read in the paper that they're getting ready to film Nicholas Sparks' "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere just upriver from us. Any JQ wenches want me to shanghai Richard Gere for them while he's nearby? I think I can fit him into one of the rum kegs.

Thanks but no thanks! He's a little too "freaky" for this wench! (And that's saying something!! :D )

Christine, lots of :pixie: for your poor daughter. I feel for her.

Thanks Scott! It's so good to see you! You haven't been around much. What have you been doing???

disneydrmr
05-21-2007, 01:48 PM

No thank you.. he's a bit old for me... got anyone younger? ;)

Yikes Diane! I'm glad you AND the deer are ok! And that Rascal and Rebel weren't out when idiot boy decided to take out mailboxes.

I know.... we plan to finish fencing in the backyard so the puppies can stay safely in the back. I get nervous just going out to our mailbox. And anytime we have to leave the driveway. We've had some very close calls. We've complained to the police many times but they just don't wanna help us. There's been 4 accidents this month already. Though one was caused by our drunk neighbor's drunk girlfriend tearing out of his driveway and hitting his ex-girlfriend....

So, have we found the rum yet?

Nascfan
05-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks Scott! It's so good to see you! You haven't been around much. What have you been doing???

Working my little butt right off. Now when I sit down I slide off the chair! Haha!

I hope to be able to come around a little more regularly in a few months once we get some more help. Keep some cookies around for me, ok?

Christine
05-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Working my little butt right off. Now when I sit down I slide off the chair! Haha!

I hope to be able to come around a little more regularly in a few months once we get some more help. Keep some cookies around for me, ok?

So are you saying that all work and no play makes Scott ...want a cookie???

Are you feeling better? Wasn't your household ill last week?

Jasper
05-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi all! How is everyone? Sorry I haven't had time to be on line much again. In addition to dealing with my own pain issues, now my 18 year old son just tore all the ligaments in his left ankle while playing basketball over the weekend!

What really makes this bad is that he graduates high school this comeing Friday! Needless to say there are a million things he was suppose to do this week and now can't. Of course, it does slow him down from attending all those senior parties that scare parents so much.

Christine
05-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Jasper, I am sorry about your son! But you're right...you can rest easy on grad night knowing some drunk driver isn't going to hurt your child, as he will be safe at home!

Guys, scroll through these pictures and see what this strep virus has done to my poor baby! It is breaking my heart! Is this not pitiful?

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2284177590085605958kOeBof

drummerboy
05-21-2007, 03:12 PM
No thank you.. he's a bit old for me... got anyone younger? ;)

Hey watch that 'old' stuff. He's only four months older than me.

Guys, scroll through these pictures and see what this strep virus has done to my poor baby! It is breaking my heart! Is this not pitiful?
I like the lip extension. That's a nasty looking rash.

Scott, good to see you. If that was you zipping through.

Jasper, how would you know about all those wild graduation parties? Hmmmm? Sorry to hear about your son's problems. Maybe he just wanted to keep old dad company.

disneydrmr
05-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Hey watch that 'old' stuff. He's only four months older than me.

Um, did I say old? I meant to say.. 'he's a bit too mature for me'.. yeah, that's what I really meant.... ;) So got anyone a bit less mature, and maybe a bit better looking?

Christine.... your poor baby! doctors are so frustrating.. sometimes you gotta wonder if they really are only 'practicing' medicine. Hope she recovers quickly!

Jaspar - sorry about your son. Wow, just when we thought the infirmary on the Pearl would finally empty out....

Where is everyone? Where's Nat? Jenn? Everyone else? Are they all standing in line already to see the first showing of Pirates?

drummerboy
05-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Um, did I say old? I meant to say.. 'he's a bit too mature for me'.. yeah, that's what I really meant.... ;) So got anyone a bit less mature, and maybe a bit better looking?
Nice semi-save. I could find whole rafts (how's that for a tie in to the Black Pearl?) of less mature guys for you. Should we start with whoever writes about half the movie scripts these days? Or was that not the type of maturity you were referring to? :thedolls: :cool:

disneydrmr
05-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Nice semi-save. I could find whole rafts (how's that for a tie in to the Black Pearl?) of less mature guys for you. Should we start with whoever writes about half the movie scripts these days? Or was that not the type of maturity you were referring to? :thedolls: :cool:

Ok, let me rephrase my rephrase... did I say "less mature"? I really meant to say "less grey"... ok, someone less grey would be great!

Is that better?

ElenitaB
05-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Jasper, :pixie: to your son! Hope he can still attend graduation!

There's been 4 accidents this month already. Though one was caused by our drunk neighbor's drunk girlfriend tearing out of his driveway and hitting his ex-girlfriend....

Di, have you thought of getting the reports and talking with your local representative? We've done that around here and now have speed bumps on certain roads and 3 or 4 way stop signs on really bad corners. Good luck with it!

If you find the rum, I could use some. Last week I had to drive into the city for that photo shoot and my car got hit by a bike messenger while I was stopped in traffic. Besides scaring me, he broke my left rear-view mirror (which will cost at least $250 to repair). I was scared, upset and mad all at the same time. :mad:

When Ben had scarlet fever, his rash was like that but confined to his belly. When I had a tropical virus (dengue), it looked just like what Olivia has. Glad she's getting treatment for whatever it is though. When does school let out?

My brother looks a bit like Richard Gere now that they're both silver-haired devils. So I'll pass...

Ok, let me rephrase my rephrase... did I say "less mature"? I really meant to say "less grey"... ok, someone less grey would be great!

Is that better?
Di, you're not winning today with Ken, are you? I don't think you're going to do well with the gray-haired comment either. Breathe deep, open mouth, take out foot. ;) And here, have a cookie!

Where's Nat today? There's a thread that needs her attention over at the Water Cooler. In fact, where are a lot of people??? Calling all JQers, calling all JQers! Hot cookies, fresh out of the oven!

Christine
05-21-2007, 06:17 PM
When Ben had scarlet fever, his rash was like that but confined to his belly. When I had a tropical virus (dengue), it looked just like what Olivia has. Glad she's getting treatment for whatever it is though. When does school let out?

School gets out NEXT Thursday. I hope she clears up fast. This Friday is the MUCH anticipated field day and she will be devastated if she has to miss it!

I like the lip extension. That's a nasty looking rash.

Who do you think taught her that??? How do you think I got John to agree to let me go to Disney in October??? :thumbsup:

pjbs35a
05-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Who is going to Orlando Wednesday through Friday ??? :thumbsup:
Who is staying at Downtown Disney ??? :cloud9:
Who will not have time to go to the parks ??? :(
Who can resist such temptation ??? :mad:

Only a Double Secret Agent working for the CIA and Her Majesties Secret Service. :spy:

marlyn
05-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Would you like lavender or almond oil for your hand massage?

Lavender please :D

Lynne, read all your trip reports and really enjoyed them. That was really nice that you all got to be there with your parents for their 50th anniversary. Tell your dad I'm a model railroader too (although in planning only at theis point--lots of rolling stock, building kits and track but no layout).

Glad you liked them! Model railroading is addictive..or so my dad says! have you ever been on the RR tour? You should try it!

I'm not having a very good Monday

:pixie: Hope the rest of your week is better!

She tested positive for strep. She said strep untreated usually produces this rash.

:pixie: Hope she gets better real quick. At least now they are treating the strep!

my 18 year old son just tore all the ligaments in his left ankle while playing basketball over the weekend!

:pixie: for healing for your son! And for you too!

Ouch poor dear!! Is she very itchy??

Where is everyone? Where's Nat? Jenn? Everyone else? Are they all standing in line already to see the first showing of Pirates?

The monkey is holding my place in line!!

Who is staying at Downtown Disney ??? :cloud9

The monkey??:confused:

Hope you all had a great weekend. I am back to work tomorrow so won't be around much until Friday night. Have a great week everyone!!

Riri529
05-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Shanghai away! Richard Gere is, without a doubt, one of the sexiest men alive!! Sorry ladies, but I think his "maturity" beats out Orlando's "boyish charm" any day.
Are you ladies going to make me walk the plank?

Jasper, I am sorry about your son! But you're right...you can rest easy on grad night knowing some drunk driver isn't going to hurt your child, as he will be safe at home!

Sorry about Olivia's rash. My DD had scarlet fever twice in two months from unresolved strep when she was 5. They finally put her on an antibiotic used to treat TB!! It didn't even come in liquid form, but she swallowed the pills and it did the trick.
Hope Olivia is feeling better and enjoys her field day.

Christine
05-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks Maria. You know, until you and Ellen said that your kids had scarlet fever, I didn't think that was even around anymore! Scarlet fever makes me think of Little House on the Prairie or something...not the 21st century!
They gave her two big bottles of amoxi, so let's hope that does the trick!

And Frankie- you have a great trip to Disney! I think it's wonderful! So does a :spy: walk down Main Street USA when visiting the Magic Kingdom, or does he strictly use the utilidors underground???

drummerboy
05-21-2007, 11:27 PM

Is that better?
So you're saying you're put off by the grey pallor us old guys have? I'll have you know I've earned this putty-like look. Harrrrumph.

Did I mention I'm playing "Father" in "Children of Eden"? I think you can Google the title and see what that entails. Apparently no other old guys (ahem) who can sing showed up.

Dsnygirl
05-22-2007, 02:26 AM
Hi everybody! Boy, I had to hire quite a crew to catch up with you... they just rowed away with a keg of rum I had to give them just to get me here!!

Well, it's official - we're moved! Yeah!!! My DH brought the 20 ft. truck home Friday at 5:15 and I (mistakenly) believed that the truck would be full and the house would be empty by 9pm or so... well, the truck certainly was full, but our house wasn't empty... it took two runs with the truck to get it all, and we still had to go get a few last minute things today while I cleaned up the house for the new folks.
A little sad, to be there and see it so empty... :( but we really like our little cape and the girls just love it - so, it'll be a good temporary home. I'm just so glad it's over - I have aches and pains where I've never had aches and pains before!!

I'm logged on from work, as we don't have our computer up & running yet... it'll be a few days yet, I think. I'll be at work tomorrow, too (today, I guess!) so I can check back in - I've missed you guys!!

Oh, I forgot to add...

Oh Christine - that is SO great... I can't wait to meet you in person!

Brian hauled about 2 yards of triple mix for me today..... our front perennial gardens look quite nice already! Anyone have a lilac to plant under the bay in the dining room?

Glad to hear it looks so nice! Can't wait to get my hands on the gardens around our house...

...and going to the Icot meet is so exciting. I am trying so hard to find the means to go...any ideas?

Sell Captain Jack?? (Just kidding, of course - but I sure hope you can make it!)

Now I need a drink. Where is Capt Jack with my wine??
Yeah!! Trip reports!! Thanks for giving me something fun to read tonight!! (Besides catching up on this riveting thread...)

Aaah Monday. Back to work so I can rest again.
Ditto... :ditto: I'm just hoping I'll be able so sleep tomorrow - haven't put any curtains up yet... but it'll still feel good to rest and not unpack for a day or two!
Glad to hear the play went so well - congrats!

I'm not having a very good Monday... my car almost got mutilated by a deer. She came out of nowhere and was at my front bumper before I saw her. Luckily (or by Divine protection I believe) she stopped just shy of crossing and waited until I passed her and then she crossed - narrowly missing being slaughtered by the two cars behind me...
Sorry to hear your day was so rough, Di - I'm hoping tomorrow's better, with no crazy deer OR drivers!!

...So I took her back to the doctor, and they finally DID something. She tested positive for strep. She said strep untreated usually produces this rash.

Christine, I'm so sorry to hear about Olivia! That's awful - but at least now you know what she had, and she's on her way to getting better. Sending some special :pixie: her way so she doesn't miss her field trip Friday!

No, but there's quite a bit of tequila at my house... we enjoyed some serious :marg: :marg: after the move Saturday...

Sigh... wish that had worked like that for ME this weekend!! :blush:

In fact, where are a lot of people??? Calling all JQers, calling all JQers! Hot cookies, fresh out of the oven!
Cookies?? Did someone say cookies?? I KNEW I smelled something good!! Thanks, Ellen! I reappeared at just the right time!! :D

Well, I hope you all have a good day tomorrow, with not too much work, no accidents or wayward animals... I'm looking forward to being on from home again! (Once I can find the office... ;))

Mickey'sGirl
05-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Good Lord! That was a lot of yappin! :hi: Morning everyone!!
I just wrote my entire trip report....16 days worth! Happy reading! I will go there presently!

Nice to know I've got a spot either way.What show are you doing this time Ken?

You should have seen the "Sponge Bob" knee length boxers that DD found for me to wear. So I was wondering aloud to the cast one evening that if we did the show in London some time, could we say we had "London britches falling down"? Great visual...and I love the pun!

Could someone stop by the store and pick some up? (Oh, and I need a pound of $100 bills while you're there. :blush: Thanks!) How you doin' Ellen? Which store has the $100 bills on sale?

I'm not having a very good Monday... my car almost got mutilated by a deer. She came out of nowhere and was at my front bumper before I saw her. Luckily (or by Divine protection I believe) she stopped just shy of crossing and waited until I passed her and then she crossed - narrowly missing being slaughtered by the two cars behind me.Yikes! My sister and her husband were hit by a deer a couple of years ago -- demolished their car -- but thankfully not them! I am glad that you missed that one -- and I hear you about the gas! It is ridiculous right now!

Well, the fever broke, but the headaches have stayed....EVERY DAY. And this morning, she had a lovely red raised prickly rash from head to toe.
OMG! Is she itchy like with Chicken Pox?!! Poor kid! SHe's been feeling awful for a long time. I hope the meds kick in quickly!

Also, if my friend and her hubby want some "alone time", can I come VISIT you guys at OKW in October? You can hang out with us if you want to Christine.... We'll try to keep up with you! Maybe you and Euan can tire each other out!

I just read in the paper that they're getting ready to film Nicholas Sparks' "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere just upriver from us. Any JQ wenches want me to shanghai Richard Gere for them while he's nearby? I think I can fit him into one of the rum kegs. No thanks Ken.... and I read one Nicholas Sparks book and mourn those hours that are lost to me forever! Not enough gore and too much smooching!

Of course, it does slow him down from attending all those senior parties that scare parents so much.There's a positive in every situation, eh Jasper? I hope he mends quickly!

Yesterday was Victoria Day here in Canada. We celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday on the Monday closest to, but not after, May 24th each year. No work and there are usually fireworks!

Only a Double Secret Agent working for the CIA and Her Majesties Secret Service. :spy:James Bond AND Felix Leiter??!!!!

Gosh no Maria! More left for us this way! :thumbsup:

Well, it's official - we're moved! Yeah!!! Yay!! Well done Blythe! Enjoy your new home!! :cheer: :wishes:

Christine
05-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi Blythe! I am so glad the move is over! Now for the unpacking...UGH! I have missed you!

We have several JQers MIA right now! And Ellen's call for cookies didn't produce them! You don't think they went overboard do you?

I'll pop up to the crow's nest and eye the waters for a banker in heels, a wench eating popsicles for her sore throat, and the rest.

Hmmmm...how does one GET to the crow's nest??

mtown71
05-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Nah..thanks anyway...Richard Gere just doesn't cut it for me. Just let me keep Orlando!

Hi all! How is everyone? Sorry I haven't had time to be on line much again. In addition to dealing with my own pain issues, now my 18 year old son just tore all the ligaments in his left ankle while playing basketball over the weekend!

What really makes this bad is that he graduates high school this comeing Friday! Needless to say there are a million things he was suppose to do this week and now can't. Of course, it does slow him down from attending all those senior parties that scare parents so much.
Hey Jasper! Sorry to hear about your son. Hope his ankle heals quickly! Good luck with the graduation. My brother broke his hand right before he graduated. Looked funny in his cast.

Sorry to hear about Olivia! Poor little girl! At least now she is finally getting the meds she needed. Hope she gets better quickly! Prayers & pixie dust heading her way. Man, are we all falling apart or what????

Shanghai away! Richard Gere is, without a doubt, one of the sexiest men alive!! Sorry ladies, but I think his "maturity" beats out Orlando's "boyish charm" any day.

Nope...don't have to walk the plank..you can have Mr. Gere. I prefer the "boyish charm"! But, for the comment, you have to get the monkey to tell us where he hid the rum.

Morning all!!!!:here: I woke up to the smell of fresh baked cookies. Had to come say hi. Also, saw some person trying to climb into the crow's nest. Hmmmmm... won't be on much this week since I am back at work now. Last night went o.k. Throat was raw by the time I got home. Hopefully that goes away with time. Everyone kept hugging me & telling me how much they missed me. Do you think it was because I wound up doing most of the work yesterday?

offwego
05-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Who just won the Preakness ??? A horse?

I have some hostas would that work?

Did you all think I'd forget my question? My Mom and step dad have trains in their backyard..which is odd what with the snow and all.

I think I need to slow down. I'm VP of governmental affairs (get your minds out of the gutter) for our chamber and at 10:00 I was supposed to do opening intros for a county-wide transportation update the chamber puts on each year. So, there I was at 9:30 talking to my secretary about how the show went this weekend, when she said, "Aren't you supposed to be hosting some kind of chamber thing this morning?" Fast forward to me rushing to the house to put on something a little more formal (including better shoes, Nat) and rushing out to the place where the presentation was held. At least everything is pretty close together, so I made it with time to spare. Now for some lunch and back to work. I've done that..funniest was going to a "grand opening" as the banker me and not the chamber me. The local MP (like a congressman or senator) thought I was the chamber me...and my DS just wanted the donuts. But in either case the shoes are crucial.

Where's Nat today? There's a thread that needs her attention over at the Water Cooler. In fact, where are a lot of people??? Calling all JQers, calling all JQers! Hot cookies, fresh out of the oven!
I was enjoying a long weekend..and will go check it out thanks!!

disneydrmr
05-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Di, have you thought of getting the reports and talking with your local representative? We've done that around here and now have speed bumps on certain roads and 3 or 4 way stop signs on really bad corners. Good luck with it!

If you find the rum, I could use some. Last week I had to drive into the city for that photo shoot and my car got hit by a bike messenger while I was stopped in traffic. Besides scaring me, he broke my left rear-view mirror (which will cost at least $250 to repair). I was scared, upset and mad all at the same time. :mad:

Di, you're not winning today with Ken, are you? I don't think you're going to do well with the gray-haired comment either. Breathe deep, open mouth, take out foot. ;) And here, have a cookie!

Yeah, we've gone to the paper and they did a cover story about the curve... the city did come out and paint those raised bumpy lines on the road...whooppee.... all that does is make noise - does nothing to slow the people down.

Sorry to hear about your mirror. Ouch! $250 - I gotta ask - how could someone on a bike do that kind of damage?

And yeah... I'm striking out with Ken... so please pass all the cookies you've got and I'll fill my mouth full so I'll be unable to 'insult' him further ;)

So you're saying you're put off by the grey pallor us old guys have? I'll have you know I've earned this putty-like look. Harrrrumph.

Did I mention I'm playing "Father" in "Children of Eden"? I think you can Google the title and see what that entails. Apparently no other old guys (ahem) who can sing showed up.

Um, actually Ken, that grey pallor makes you look quite 'distinguished'.. yeah, that's a good word! :D

I won't even comment about your 'old guys' comment... I'll just say - congrats on the role of "Father"....

Sorry to hear your day was so rough, Di - I'm hoping tomorrow's better, with no crazy deer OR drivers!!

Well, I hope you all have a good day tomorrow, with not too much work, no accidents or wayward animals... I'm looking forward to being on from home again! (Once I can find the office... ;))

Glad to hear you got all moved in... sorry to hear about your aches and pains. Hope your body recovers quickly and you get all settled in!

Thanks! No deer or crazy drivers last night or today.

Yikes! My sister and her husband were hit by a deer a couple of years ago -- demolished their car -- but thankfully not them! I am glad that you missed that one -- and I hear you about the gas! It is ridiculous right now!

Yesterday was Victoria Day here in Canada. We celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday on the Monday closest to, but not after, May 24th each year. No work and there are usually fireworks!

Yeah, I know several people who have had run ins with deer and the results have never been pretty.. so I am very thankful I missed that one.

Happy belated Victoria Day to you! Hope you enjoyed the day!

We have several JQers MIA right now! And Ellen's call for cookies didn't produce them! You don't think they went overboard do you?

I'll pop up to the crow's nest and eye the waters for a banker in heels, a wench eating popsicles for her sore throat, and the rest.

You get to the crow's nest by going 'straight as the crow flys'....

Hmmmm... if a call for cookies didn't bring them out - think we can round up the female JQ'rs with this call? -

"CAP'N JACK AND WILL ARE LOOKING FOR A LITTLE ROMANCE!!! ANYONE INTERESTED?" :D

Nascfan
05-22-2007, 11:59 AM
How come we're only getting like 3 posts on a page now? :D

Christine, you were asking about the family? Yes, we're all much more healthy now, thanks. I've still got a tickle cough that settles in more at night, but easily treated with a dose of cough medicine, or not, if I forget.

Have a great Tuesday everyone! It's absolutely gorgeous here and was "this close" to pulling my daughter out of school so we could hit the links. But she has practice today after school so at least she'll get to hit some.:sun: :golf:

offwego
05-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Scott is this better?

ElenitaB
05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Welcome back, Blythe! Glad you're settling into your new house. Do you want any help decorating? We can always drain a few bottles of rum for you. :D

Follow the monkey.

Sorry to hear about your mirror. Ouch! $250 - I gotta ask - how could someone on a bike do that kind of damage?
The bike messenger ran his bike straight into the mirror, thank you very much. Thank goodness I didn't have my hand resting on the open window and that the shattering mirror didn't cut him or me. The whole side rearview mirror comes as one unit and it costs upwards of $250 (I had to replace the right one last year).

Scott is this better?
Huh???

So is anyone else going to see POTC:AWE Thursday night? I'm fighting off an infection (in my right leg once again) and am praying that they won't hospitalize me for IV antibiotics (it does look slightly better than yesterday and my breathing is no longer affected)... I'm focused on being at that theatre Thursday at 8:00.

:pixie: to our second generation ailing JQers! Hope that they're both feeling better for their Friday festivities!

Jasper
05-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Jasper, :pixie: to your son! Hope he can still attend graduation!

Oh, I can guarantee you he will attend graduation even if I have to carry him across that stage!! We have all worked too hard getting him to this point not to see him graduate!! Seriously though, he is on crutches and may have to go that way, but nothing short of being dead was going to keep him from attending. He does have to do therepy 3 times this week and ice and heat his ankle alternately for the first week or so. The doc said that if he does that he would allow him to walk into the ceremony and across the stage without crutches as long as he can stand the pain.

Does anyone want to throw some money my way to pay for his therapy bills? I assume Ken has some sort of discount philanthropy service set up for just this sort of thing?

drummerboy
05-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Does anyone want to throw some money my way to pay for his therapy bills? I assume Ken has some sort of discount philanthropy service set up for just this sort of thing?
Yes, DDPS is having a special on physical therapy philanthropy this week. All of those in our $400,000 and over giving circle are entitled to a 10% discount.

It's been mighty quiet in here today. What's up with that?

Riri529
05-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Nah..thanks anyway...Richard Gere just doesn't cut it for me. Just let me keep Orlando!

Nope...don't have to walk the plank..you can have Mr. Gere. I prefer the "boyish charm"! But, for the comment, you have to get the monkey to tell us where he hid the rum.

If I knew where the monkey hid the rum, I'd be drunk! I may be a bit crazy, but I know I'm sober.

Has anyone searched the crows nest? I think monkeys are pretty good climbers.

ElenitaB
05-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Last I checked, Christine was trying to follow the little critter up there. I don't think her surgeon would approve though, would he?

Namine'
05-22-2007, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=disneydrmr;

"CAP'N JACK AND WILL ARE LOOKING FOR A LITTLE ROMANCE!!! ANYONE INTERESTED?" :D[/QUOTE]

Definitely:blush:
Did we look in the galley for the rum? Maybe the monkey got hungry.

disneydeb
05-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Definitely:blush:
Did we look in the galley for the rum? Maybe the monkey got hungry.

I just got finished in the galley and it isn't in there either. So the question, "Wher'did the rum go?"

pjbs35a
05-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Who is staying at Downtown Disney ??? :cloud9:
Who will not have time to go to the parks ??? :(
Who can resist such temptation ??? :mad:

Only a Double Secret Agent working for the CIA and Her Majesties Secret Service. :spy:

Did you guess me ??? :blush: If so, you were wrong. :-o I got a telephone call this afternoon from the attorney that I was going to meet, cancelling the trip. :ill: Maybe he will re-schedule the meeting for early October !!!

Dsnygirl
05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Hmmmm... if a call for cookies didn't bring them out - think we can round up the female JQ'rs with this call? -

Cookies?? Did I say I showed up for cookies?? I really meant that I was waiting for THIS kind of invitation! :D (Glad my DH hasn't joined in yet... of course, he'd just laugh at me... )

Welcome back, Blythe! Glad you're settling into your new house. Do you want any help decorating? We can always drain a few bottles of rum for you. :D
So is anyone else going to see POTC:AWE Thursday night?
I'd LOVE some help! And I'll even volunteer to help drain the rum!!
I wish we were going to see POC this wknd... but we're waiting until a couple of wknds from now. :(

I'm back at work tonight - feeling a LOT better than I did last night. I was SO tired after the wknd... but sleeping today helped, even without curtains. (Well, I hung up our robes in the windows - how's that for a decorating touch??) Hopefully, I'll get the curtains up tomorrow.

So - where is everybody? Are there a bunch of you hanging out with the rum in the crow's nest? Save me a spot - or at least a bottle!! :blush:

alpro2
05-22-2007, 10:24 PM
(hiccup) who's looking fur tha rrrummm? (hiccup) I thinks me foun' it.

Dsnygirl
05-22-2007, 10:42 PM

:crazy: Be careful and make sure you don't :faint: out of the crow's nest! Got any bottles left that aren't empty?? (No, I won't drink them here at work... just setting myself up for a fun wknd... :D )

Namine'
05-22-2007, 11:00 PM

I hope there is still enough rum to go around. Now where are the cookies? Are they chocolate macadamia ? :D

dlpmikki
05-23-2007, 04:35 AM
I think I was missing in action. Well, inaction anyway!

No health issues with us humans here but our new Fridge was another matter. It died on us! Fortnately we have two and are now waiting for an engineer. The company that made it said you were not supposed to put two fridges side by side but nowhere in their literature did it say this. Ventilation isn't blocked or anything but apparantly they have clever (or not so clever!) sensors inside that confuse each other.

Today we are celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary so I may not be around much. We are going out for a meal tonight and will probably be going off for a drive around during the day and maybe a bit of shopping! Our new settee arrived early yesterday so we have decided that is our anniversary present even if it isn't china!

Who drank all the rum and who ate the monkey?

trackbarroness
05-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Happy Anniversary and have a magical day Mikki. :cheer: :bar: :bar: :tink:

:cool: Now as for scott, he wasn't in the crows nest when he found the rum but in the hold. Would you believe I was attending to the sloop? And no theres no rum over here. :D
Oh hi Captain welcome aboard matey. :sail:

offwego
05-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Did you guess me ??? :blush: If so, you were wrong. :-o I got a telephone call this afternoon from the attorney that I was going to meet, cancelling the trip. :ill: Maybe he will re-schedule the meeting for early October !!!
Ken that wasn't nice!

No health issues with us humans here but our new Fridge was another matter. It died on us! Fortnately we have two and are now waiting for an engineer. The company that made it said you were not supposed to put two fridges side by side but nowhere in their literature did it say this. Ventilation isn't blocked or anything but apparantly they have clever (or not so clever!) sensors inside that confuse each other.

Today we are celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary so I may not be around much. We are going out for a meal tonight and will probably be going off for a drive around during the day and maybe a bit of shopping! Our new settee arrived early yesterday so we have decided that is our anniversary present even if it isn't china!

Congrats Mikki to you and Andrew! And why would anyone eat a monkey? Wouldn't that leave us without someone to blame?

disneydrmr
05-23-2007, 09:33 AM

Last I checked, Christine was trying to follow the little critter up there. I don't think her surgeon would approve though, would he?

I believe Christine wasn't sure how to get to the Crow's Nest.... and you are probably right... her surgeon would definitly not like her climbing into a crow's nest... not to mention drinking any rum when she is still taking pain pills...

Cookies?? Did I say I showed up for cookies?? I really meant that I was waiting for THIS kind of invitation! :D (Glad my DH hasn't joined in yet... of course, he'd just laugh at me... )

So - where is everybody? Are there a bunch of you hanging out with the rum in the crow's nest? Save me a spot - or at least a bottle!! :blush:

Cookies seem to bring out the JQ men... the JQ ladies need a hint of a pirate romance to bring them out! :D

I do believe everyone is scouring the ship looking for the elusive rum. You know... no one has looked overboard yet... I wonder if Ken has it set adrift on a raft following the Pearl????

:crazy: Be careful and make sure you don't :faint: out of the crow's nest! Got any bottles left that aren't empty?? (No, I won't drink them here at work... just setting myself up for a fun wknd... :D )

Hmmmm..... if it's food or drink that's missing - I guess we need to know to immediately search for Alex!!!

Sorry to hear about the demise or your fridge. Hmmm... the fridges were too close to each other? Could it be a lover's spat?

Congrats on the anniversary! I sure hope you and Andrew have a wonderful day celebrating!

Alex appears to be in the process of drinking the rum supply.. and eating the monkey? Ummm... I don't think even Alex would be hungry enough to do that....

Namine'
05-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Mikki,Congratulations on your 20th Wedding Anniversary:congrats: Have a great time with your DH. Did someone really eat the monkey?

trackbarroness
05-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Nobody eat the monkey, he's just over here on the sloop eating me out of well umm boat. :D Lol
Does anyone have any bananas they can send over? We're making banana bread, pudding and stuff. Anyone want to come over here to help out? :cool:

drummerboy
05-23-2007, 10:45 AM
I got a telephone call this afternoon from the attorney that I was going to meet, cancelling the trip.

Ken that wasn't nice!
Had to do it. He wouldn't tell me where he hid the rum. Can you blame me?

Cookies seem to bring out the JQ men... the JQ ladies need a hint of a pirate romance to bring them out! :D
I done tol' ya that Capt Barbosa and Davey Jones were at your disposal. I even tried to shanghai Richard Gere. What more do you want, you ingrate? :thedolls:

Does anyone have any bananas they can send over? We're making banana bread, pudding and stuff.
Drummerboy Discount Products International (DDPI) is having a special an month-old bananas this week. How many crates would you like?

offwego
05-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Had to do it. He wouldn't tell me where he hid the rum. Can you blame me?

I done tol' ya that Capt Barbosa and Davey Jones were at your disposal. I even tried to shanghai Richard Gere. What more do you want, you ingrate? :thedolls:

Drummerboy Discount Products International (DDPI) is having a special an month-old bananas this week. How many crates would you like? Well I didn't know he had the rum hidden that changes everything!!

And Ken are the bannan's frozen? With say a choc. coating? and maybe some peanuts? Cause if so ok..if not not thanks...

drummerboy
05-23-2007, 11:35 AM
And Ken are the bannan's frozen? With say a choc. coating? and maybe some peanuts? Cause if so ok..if not not thanks...
No, those were our fresh stock. Problem?

offwego
05-23-2007, 11:49 AM
No, those were our fresh stock. Problem?

Customs might have a question or two. Mind you with the Cdn. dollar at it's current levels at least it would be so bad.

Anyone else buy organic food? I had a chance to get organic bannana's for less then non organic ones this week which was cool. I try to buy more organic then not but it's hard sometimes price wise. I love it when it's cheaper.

disneydrmr
05-23-2007, 12:16 PM

A million dollars.... a new home that is in a safe neighborhood.... a new 2008 mustang convertible..... a chalet in the Smokies.... a date with Stitch....an all expense paid 7 day cruise on the Disney Magic....shanghai Gregg Rainwater for me.... a lifetime supply of chocolate.... lower gasoline prices....world peace....all missing children to be found and reunited safely with their parents....cures for cancer/aids/and all the other diseases in the world to be found.....no more poverty.....better air quality....no more crime... should I go on? Or have I lived up to the name "ingrate"? :mad:

Anyone else buy organic food? I had a chance to get organic bannana's for less then non organic ones this week which was cool. I try to buy more organic then not but it's hard sometimes price wise. I love it when it's cheaper.

I"ve bought organic food a few times but it is much more expensive and with gas prices what they are I'm really watching what I spend now...

dlpmikki
05-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Ken, it is a very dangerous JQ to ask if there is anything else you want! How long a list do you think we can all come up with? I think there is a pretty good start already! :D

Nascfan
05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
:cool: Now as for scott, he wasn't in the crows nest when he found the rum but in the hold. Would you believe I was attending to the sloop? And no theres no rum over here. :D
Oh hi Captain welcome aboard matey. :sail:

Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy Hang on! :D

Happy Anniversary Mikki and Andrew! Hey, do you know where we'll be for our 20th anniversary? Disney World! :joy: :woohoo:

Riri529
05-23-2007, 02:01 PM
So is anyone else going to see POTC:AWE Thursday night? I'm fighting off an infection (in my right leg once again) and am praying that they won't hospitalize me for IV antibiotics (it does look slightly better than yesterday and my breathing is no longer affected)... I'm focused on being at that theatre Thursday at 8:00.

:pixie: to our second generation ailing JQers! Hope that they're both feeling better for their Friday festivities!
Hope your leg continues to get better without the IV antibiotics!:pixie:
I know my DD will want to see POTC:AWE. My DS may be a bit intimidated by the big screen.

Alex, it sounds like you could use some coffee. Cream and 2 Splendas? Would you like a low carb, sugar free multigrain cookie with that? Blech:ack: Or perhaps a piece of cardboard? I myself will opt for an oatmeal chocolate chip, freshly baked! mmmmmmmmmm Would anybody else like one?

Happy Anniversary Mikki and Andrew. 20 years is quite a milestone!!:party:

Unfortunately, Alex did not share the rum with me:pout: .
I'm pretty sure Alex didn't eat the monkey either because I hear monkey meat is very high in fat! It will interfere with his training!:scale:

Customs might have a question or two. Mind you with the Cdn. dollar at it's current levels at least it would be so bad.

Natalie,
I buy organic food once in a while and I have been an occassional sub in an organic produce co-op. We have a really nice organic grocery here in town and if you know your prices sometimes you can get a good deal. The co-op was pretty inexpensive and the food was fresh and delicious but you had to clean all the produce yourself.

offwego
05-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Marie that sounds so neat. Around here we just go to the growers sheds. (we have so many greenhouses for peppers, cukes and tomato's it's not even funny). Not organic but so good! and cheap!

Peppers 3 for a dollar, cukes (seedless ones) 2-4 for a dollar. Baskets of tomato's for 2 dollars etc. plus farms for all kinds of other stuffs. It's awfully funny to have these greenhouses built right into town. So what's new with everyone else?

disneydrmr
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately, Alex did not share the rum with me:pout: .
I'm pretty sure Alex didn't eat the monkey either because I hear monkey meat is very high in fat! It will interfere with his training!:scale:

And rum won't interfere with his training? :confused:

drummerboy
05-23-2007, 02:54 PM
A million dollars.... a new home that is in a safe neighborhood.... a new 2008 mustang convertible..... a chalet in the Smokies.... a date with Stitch....an all expense paid 7 day cruise on the Disney Magic....shanghai Gregg Rainwater for me.... a lifetime supply of chocolate.... lower gasoline prices....world peace....all missing children to be found and reunited safely with their parents....cures for cancer/aids/and all the other diseases in the world to be found.....no more poverty.....better air quality....no more crime... should I go on? Or have I lived up to the name "ingrate"? :mad:

Ken, it is a very dangerous JQ to ask if there is anything else you want! How long a list do you think we can all come up with? I think there is a pretty good start already! :D
Perhaps I should have said is there anyone else you want? :blush:

Nah. There'd still be lists a mile long...

Okay, we'll withdraw the "ingrate" remark (notice how I duck personal responsibilty by saying 'we'?) Let's just say the management at BPCI (Black Pearl Cruises International) have worked very hard at providing such quality hunks as Capt. Barbosa and Davey Jones only to have our efforts rebuked and it causes us to have our lower lips stuck out. So there. (I'm glad I checked this thing before posting. I had a typo that said "our loser lips" and that would certainly have been noted by certain parties who shall remain unnamed.)

Riri529
05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
And rum won't interfere with his training? :confused:
Good point! Hey Alex, I think she might be right, rum is probably loaded with carbs!
Oh no!!! What will you do now??!!!!!:confused:

offwego
05-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Perhaps I should have said is there anyone else you want? :blush:

Nah. There'd still be lists a mile long...

Okay, we'll withdraw the "ingrate" remark (notice how I duck personal responsibilty by saying 'we'?) Let's just say the management at BPCI (Black Pearl Cruises International) have worked very hard at providing such quality hunks as Capt. Barbosa and Davey Jones only to have our efforts rebuked and it causes us to have our lower lips stuck out. So there. (I'm glad I checked this thing before posting. I had a typo that said "our loser lips" and that would certainly have been noted by certain parties who shall remain unnamed.)

Ken you owe me a coffee. Two Creams one sugar..please.

And how on earth do you get that out of keyboards?

Dsnygirl
05-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi guys - I'm back! Well, I know you all thought I was back a day or two ago, but I mean now I'm REALLY back - I'm on my computer at home!! :joy: Lots of boxes everywhere, but who cares?? I've got my computer, a cup of (bad) coffee and Intercot's up and running - my world is good right now. :D Maybe I'll get to the boxes by July...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you guys have a VERY special day!

As far as the rum, I'd say check on Alex... he hasn't been around yet - must be a little too much of the good stuff...:ill:

Nobody eat the monkey, he's just over here on the sloop eating me out of well umm boat. Lol
Does anyone have any bananas they can send over? We're making banana bread, pudding and stuff. Anyone want to come over here to help out?
I'd love to help! Got any good plane tickets available, and a park pass?? Oh - you probably meant at your house... my bad... ;)

I done tol' ya that Capt Barbosa and Davey Jones were at your disposal. I even tried to shanghai Richard Gere. What more do you want, you ingrate?

:ack: :sick:

I myself will opt for an oatmeal chocolate chip, freshly baked! mmmmmmmmmm Would anybody else like one?

:here: Me, me!! It'd go great with my coffee...

How is everyone today?? I'm tired, as I didn't sleep much today after work - I've got the next week off to unpack, etc., and I just couldn't stay asleep - my brain was going overboard with all the stuff we've got to do. :( I think I need a double espresso mocha latte something or other to get me going - anybody got a delivery service for something like that??

Riri529
05-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi guys - I'm back! Well, I know you all thought I was back a day or two ago, but I mean now I'm REALLY back - I'm on my computer at home!! :joy: Lots of boxes everywhere, but who cares?? I've got my computer, a cup of (bad) coffee and Intercot's up and running - my world is good right now. :D Maybe I'll get to the boxes by July...

As far as the rum, I'd say check on Alex... he hasn't been around yet - must be a little too much of the good stuff...:ill:

:here: Me, me!! It'd go great with my coffee...

How is everyone today?? I'm tired, as I didn't sleep much today after work - I've got the next week off to unpack, etc., and I just couldn't stay asleep - my brain was going overboard with all the stuff we've got to do. :( I think I need a double espresso mocha latte something or other to get me going - anybody got a delivery service for something like that??
Blythe,
Congratulations on the move!:party: Is sounds like you'll be working more during his next week than if you actually went to work!!! Double espresso sounds like a good plan. Would you like some Sambuca in that? I think biscotti would be a good compliment but you'll have to settle for the oatmeal chocolate chips. Hey Ken can you help us out with the delivery?

drummerboy
05-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Ken you owe me a coffee. Two Creams one sugar..please.

And how on earth do you get that out of keyboards?

Hey Ken can you help us out with the delivery?
I'll take care of it on the way to Nat's house to deliver the coffee and clean her keyboard. Nat, were you not aware of DDPI's new wonder, CKC? (Coffee on Keyboard Cleaner) I'll have to bring you an extra box.

Hi guys - I'm back!

Good to see you up and running again.

So how's everybody feeling as we slide downhill toward Friday?

alpro2
05-23-2007, 06:14 PM
1) Alex, it sounds like you could use some coffee. Cream and 2 Splendas? Would you like a low carb, sugar free multigrain cookie with that? Blech:ack: Or perhaps a piece of cardboard? I myself will opt for an oatmeal chocolate chip, freshly baked! mmmmmmmmmm Would anybody else like one?
2) Unfortunately, Alex did not share the rum with me:pout: .
3)I'm pretty sure Alex didn't eat the monkey either because I hear monkey meat is very high in fat! It will interfere with his training!:scale:

4) Good point! Hey Alex, I think she might be right, rum is probably loaded with carbs!
5)Oh no!!! What will you do now??!!!!!:confused:
1) See those legs in the picture? How do you think they stay like that?
2)Nope. Because you are a smart-alex.
3) See point #1
4) No, rum is carb free.
5) Keep drinking.

Originally Posted by drummerboy
What more do you want, you ingrate? :thedolls:
Ouch!

trackbarroness
05-23-2007, 06:38 PM
I'd say 3 cases but I think we better go for 4 cases of bananas. So whos ready for some banana pudding or bread? :D We've got some ready. :eat: :tasty: And some other good eats. And perhaps some rum(if the monkey is willing to share). :D Oh did I mention that there is rum here also? :cool: If not oopsies Lol

Christine
05-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi all!

Well, I went back to see the surgeon today for my three week check up. He said my pathology on my gallbladder came back, and while it was indeed diseased, there was no cancer or stones evident. My incisions look "good" (maybe healthy-wise, but definitely not aesthetically!) and I go back in three weeks to be "released" back to normal activities.

Olivia's skin is MUCH improved. The rash is gone, but her skin looks strange. Her blood vessels are VERY large, dark, and appear close to the surface of her skin. Maybe from the stress of having the rash??? Anyway, I will probably allow her to go back to school tomorrow.

I got a note from her teacher today that the office is going to make us have a meeting about her absences (she missed 5 days in October when we went to WDW, 2 days when we went to see my mom when she was in ICU, 2 days at spring break while we were in WDW, three days last week when she had 104.6 fever, then three days this week. Apparently that put her over the limit, and we have to have a meeting to discuss her eligibility to be promoted to the 2nd grade.

This had BETTER be just a formality...my daughter has had NOTHING but straight A's all year, is in G/T, and has NEVER had any disciplinary issues. If they hold her back b/c of this, "stuff" is going to hit the fan!!!

Do we have a spare cannon on board that I can use just in case???

Christine
05-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Oh, I forgot to add...

Sandy, while you're cooking your banana concoctions, could you make me some Tonga Toast???? :cloud9:

trackbarroness
05-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh, I forgot to add...

Sandy, while you're cooking your banana concoctions, could you make me some Tonga Toast???? :cloud9:

coming right up :thumbsup:
while I'm a cooking any other requests? :D

Dsnygirl
05-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Blythe,
Congratulations on the move!:party: Is sounds like you'll be working more during his next week than if you actually went to work!!! Double espresso sounds like a good plan. Would you like some Sambuca in that? I think biscotti would be a good compliment but you'll have to settle for the oatmeal chocolate chips. Hey Ken can you help us out with the delivery?
Would I like some Sambuca in that?? What kind of pirate girl wouldn't?? :D Bring it on... gotta love the combination of stimulants and depressants in one drink... and the cookies are great...:thumbsup:

I got a note from her teacher today that the office is going to make us have a meeting about her absences that put her over the limit, and we have to have a meeting to discuss her eligibility to be promoted to the 2nd grade.

This had BETTER be just a formality...my daughter has had NOTHING but straight A's all year, is in G/T, and has NEVER had any disciplinary issues. If they hold her back b/c of this, "stuff" is going to hit the fan!!!

Christine, I'm sure this is just a formality... how could you have possibly known when you went to WDW that your mom or Olivia would get sick enough that she had to miss additional days?? If all kids got held back that missed days in addition to their "allotted" amounts, we'd all still be in grade school, I'd think. But I think getting a cannon on board just in case is a great idea...:thedolls:
I'm glad to hear that you're doing better, though, and that you'll soon be cleared for take-off... you must be relieved that it's almost all over!

What are everyone's plans for the wknd? Mine are probably pretty obvious, but we are making time for some fun - golf for DH, b'day/tea parties for the girls (not here, thank goodness), ice-cream and park trips and of course, grilling out on Monday. I'm trying to find some new recipes - anybody have any favorites to share??:eat:

disneydeb
05-23-2007, 10:13 PM
while I'm a cooking any other requests? :D

Well since you asked.... Could I have a turkey leg? :D

Riri529
05-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi all!

Well, I went back to see the surgeon today for my three week check up. He said my pathology on my gallbladder came back, and while it was indeed diseased, there was no cancer or stones evident. My incisions look "good" (maybe healthy-wise, but definitely not aesthetically!) and I go back in three weeks to be "released" back to normal activities.

Olivia's skin is MUCH improved. The rash is gone, but her skin looks strange. Her blood vessels are VERY large, dark, and appear close to the surface of her skin. Maybe from the stress of having the rash??? Anyway, I will probably allow her to go back to school tomorrow.

I got a note from her teacher today that the office is going to make us have a meeting about her absences (she missed 5 days in October when we went to WDW, 2 days when we went to see my mom when she was in ICU, 2 days at spring break while we were in WDW, three days last week when she had 104.6 fever, then three days this week. Apparently that put her over the limit, and we have to have a meeting to discuss her eligibility to be promoted to the 2nd grade.

Good to hear that both you and Olivia are on the mend. (BTW if my DS was a girl he would've been called Olivia!)

It sounds like Olivia's teacher is the one who has been hitting the rum!!
Do you think she might be related to the monkey?:D

Christine
05-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh, Blythe, I have a GOOD BBQ brisket recipe that I will be making for Memorial Day.

Marinate brisket overnight in:
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp onion salt
5 tsp celery salt
4 TB Worcestershire
3-4 TB liquid smoke

The next day, wrap brisket in foil with fat side up, pour remaining marinade over meet. Put in roasting pan w/ lid in a 250 degree oven for 8-10 hours.

BBQ sauce:
1 c. ketchup
2 TB Worcestershire
2 TB minced onion
1/2 tsp. mustard
2 TB soy sauce
1/4 c. vinegar

Boil 15 minutes, poor half of the sauce over brisket during its last 30 minutes of roasting. Save other half of sauce for serving on the side.

It is REALLY good! Try it sometime, okay?

And thank you all for the well wishes for Olivia and myself! It means a lot!

So Maria, you also liked the name Olivia? I love it! That was the only name we ever thought of for a girl. (Except for Emma Kate...but we had a miniature schnauzer who came first and got that name!)

Beast_fanatic
05-24-2007, 12:09 AM
I have slaved my fingers to the bone and made 2 dozen lemon squares and I'm not sure how many Tollhouse cookie bars, but they are to take to work tomorrow for the boss' birthday, so stay out, OK? If you're good, I'll make you some in a couple of days.

Congratulations on 20 years! :congrats: My hubby and I are a year ahead of you - we celebrated 21 years in April.

(I'm glad I checked this thing before posting. I had a typo that said "our loser lips" and that would certainly have been noted by certain parties who shall remain unnamed.)

You rang?

Hi all!

Well, I went back to see the surgeon today for my three week check up...

Olivia's skin is MUCH improved... Anyway, I will probably allow her to go back to school tomorrow.

I got a note from her teacher today that the office is going to make us have a meeting about her absences, and we have to have a meeting to discuss her eligibility to be promoted to the 2nd grade.

This had BETTER be just a formality...my daughter has had NOTHING but straight A's all year, is in G/T, and has NEVER had any disciplinary issues.

Congrats on the progress report! Glad you are finally feeling better!

Glad that Olivia is starting to look and feel better as well. I'm sure there won't be any issues with her advancing to 2nd grade. If they held her back, it would only hurt her and anyone else in the class she'd be in next year (since she'd be so much more advanced than they would be). They might give you a mild lecture though about making sure she attends school. :rolleyes: Let us know how it goes!

marlyn
05-24-2007, 12:56 AM

You called???

Mickey'sGirl
05-24-2007, 08:31 AM
:hi: Mornin' everyone! I hope you are all well!

Congratulations on 20 years Mikki -- I hope you enjoy your new chesterfield!

Christine -- I am so glad that Olivia is recovering...and that you have the all clear! Don't worry about school. They will not hold her back, they just need to have an official "talking to" record in their files.

Could somebody send the monkey up to help me out of this thing??? I'm rather afraid of heights and I need to get to Sandy's place for Tonga toast and Bananaphone bread (no nuts please!)...... :mickey:

offwego
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Christine that's no fun. Sorry about the school mess.

Jenn I'm no better at heights so not much help.

Could we send Alex to help you? Rhonda if your debating the lemon vs. tollhouse I'll take some lemon pretty please..with splenda on it!

It's going to be hot here today. What happened to spring temps?

disneydrmr
05-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Glad to hear of the good report of the surgeon! That is wonderful! Also glad that your dd is so much better! I'm sure that it is just a formality! But if not... we can always send Frankie in to 'assist' you... as a super duper secret spy I'm sure he would know different ways to 'alter' school records! :D

while I'm a cooking any other requests?

I would LOVE some of the BLT soup they serve at the Sci-Fi.

What are everyone's plans for the wknd? Mine are probably pretty obvious, but we are making time for some fun - golf for DH, b'day/tea parties for the girls (not here, thank goodness), ice-cream and park trips and of course, grilling out on Monday. I'm trying to find some new recipes - anybody have any favorites to share??

Recipes? Have you been over to the Water Cooler? Check out the "Cooking With Intercot" thread! My plans for the weekend? Sleep... clean... play with my doggies...church picnic on Sunday, graduation party on Sunday.... I actually have found some new recipes that I'll be trying out over the weekend and thru next week (Hey Nat - see! I don't always cook prepackaged stuff! :D )... if they turn out I will post them in the Cooking With Intercot thread!

Marinate brisket overnight in:
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp onion salt
5 tsp celery salt
4 TB Worcestershire
3-4 TB liquid smoke

The next day, wrap brisket in foil with fat side up, pour remaining marinade over meet. Put in roasting pan w/ lid in a 250 degree oven for 8-10 hours.

BBQ sauce:
1 c. ketchup
2 TB Worcestershire
2 TB minced onion
1/2 tsp. mustard
2 TB soy sauce
1/4 c. vinegar

Boil 15 minutes, poor half of the sauce over brisket during its last 30 minutes of roasting. Save other half of sauce for serving on the side.

Hmmmm.... this recipe would look really yummy over in the Cooking With Iintercot thread in the Water Cooler! :D

I have slaved my fingers to the bone and made 2 dozen lemon squares and I'm not sure how many Tollhouse cookie bars, but they are to take to work tomorrow for the boss' birthday, so stay out, OK? If you're good, I'll make you some in a couple of days.

Wow! Lemon squares and Toll house cookie bars! You must've heard my tummy growling! Thanks! :eat:

You called???

Yeah, but since you didn't answer in three rings I left you a message! Cap'n Jack sends his regards - sorry he missed you! :D

:
Could somebody send the monkey up to help me out of this thing??? I'm rather afraid of heights and I need to get to Sandy's place for Tonga toast and Bananaphone bread (no nuts please!)...... :mickey:

Um did I miss something? What do you need help getting out of? For a picture of Stitch I'll go to Sandy's for you to get you the Tonga Toast and the bananaphone bread (maybe I should get myself something to eat first though.. )

disneydrmr
05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Jenn I'm no better at heights so not much help.

Could we send Alex to help you? Rhonda if your debating the lemon vs. tollhouse I'll take some lemon pretty please..with splenda on it!

It's going to be hot here today. What happened to spring temps?

Unless Alex has sobered up from drinking all the rum he wouldn't be a 'safe' help for Jenn either....

It's hot here also. I think we only had 1 week of spring weather/temps in my area.... at least our nights are still cool though... it's been perfect sleeping weather!

So, what's for lunch? I have a slice of sweet and sour meatloaf and some sliced cucumbers... anyone wanna trade?

Dsnygirl
05-24-2007, 09:33 AM
So Maria, you also liked the name Olivia? I love it! That was the only name we ever thought of for a girl. (Except for Emma Kate...but we had a miniature schnauzer who came first and got that name!)
Christine, I can't believe Emma Kate was your first name choice - that is our DD5's name!! We LOVED it from the minute we chose it!! Olivia was one of my choices (emphasis on my - DH wasn't too crazy about it... :( ) for our DD8... but she ended up Julia Alexis, which we loved , too. It was between Bryn and Julia before she was born, but one look @ her, and she was definitely a Julia. Funny how that happens...
And I will DEFINITELY try that recipe... sounds yummy!! Thanks!

Mmmm... those sound soooo good... do we really have to wait a couple of days??? My mouth is watering....

How is everyone this morning? I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff to unpack and organize, but other than that, I'm good - hopefully 12 hrs from now, I will feel like my life is a little more put together. The last few days have been "survival mode" and I'm ready for a little bit of "normal". (Who isn't??? :crazy: Well, maybe not Alex or Frankie, with all their drinking and :spy:.... )

Have a good day, everyone!!

Mickey'sGirl
05-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Unless Alex has sobered up from drinking all the rum he wouldn't be a 'safe' help for Jenn either....

Maybe some of the Pirate "kitchen" staff is available then?

Do you think Ellen and Lynne are queued up for the 8pm showings tonight? We go on Saturday for Harry's birthday party. The Theatre told me it is 3 hours long!!! I have a feeling Euan and I will only see a part of it. :(

disneydrmr
05-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Do you think Ellen and Lynne are queued up for the 8pm showings tonight? (

Along with probably 80% of the rest of the female population here in America!

Did anyone see or hear about the interview done with Depp and Orlando? They were joking about wanting to eat Cap'n Barbosa and Davy Jones as sashimi/sushi rolls! It was quite funny.

Mickey'sGirl
05-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Did anyone see or hear about the interview done with Depp and Orlando? They were joking about wanting to eat Cap'n Barbosa and Davy Jones as sashimi/sushi rolls! It was quite funny.
No....but that sounds funny! I need to watch less Discovery Channel/Outdoor Life Network (Long Way Round is playing again :cloud9: ) .... My sister also told me that Green Day was on American Idol last night (I am aghast at the idea....but whatever...) I am still trying to confirm the rumour. She might have been trying to get my goat if you know what I mean. Has anybody seen my goat?

Dsnygirl
05-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Has anybody seen my goat?
Sorry... he's over at my house, helping me mow the backyard. DH did the front, but the back is getting desperate for some attention. When would you like him back?? :D

Mickey'sGirl
05-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Sorry... he's over at my house, helping me mow the backyard. DH did the front, but the back is getting desperate for some attention. When would you like him back?? :D
Actually, keep him for a while Blythe! We just transplanted some sod and I'd rather he didn't eat it quite yet!

Any of those lemon squares left?

disneydrmr
05-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Actually, keep him for a while Blythe! We just transplanted some sod and I'd rather he didn't eat it quite yet!

If you don't need the goat any longer Blythe, and Jenn doesn't want him back, may I borrow him? My 'neighbor' appears to have abandoned his house and so the grass in the back is now taller than my waist. Hmmmm... maybe that is where the rum has been hidden?

drummerboy
05-24-2007, 12:52 PM
DW has called me an old goat for so long I thought you were talking about me. I was going to say "Here I am".

Is everybody's slide into Friday going well? DW's up with the grandbabies (I'll join her on Saturday) so DD1 called me to have lunch. Guess who picked up the tab? We talked about rehearsals and such, of course.

offwego
05-24-2007, 01:00 PM
If you don't need the goat any longer Blythe, and Jenn doesn't want him back, may I borrow him? My 'neighbor' appears to have abandoned his house and so the grass in the back is now taller than my waist. Hmmmm... maybe that is where the rum has been hidden?

abandoned his house? Why would someone do that? and if he did he would leave the rum?

And why all the animals here? Goats, monkeys etc. Could we have something kinda cute and cuddly maybe?

Dsnygirl
05-24-2007, 01:10 PM
I'll send him your way tomorrow - I think DH is getting the mower out again tonite. And if you find the rum, send some on over!! :D

DW has called me an old goat for so long I thought you were talking about me. I was going to say "Here I am".

:funny:

And why all the animals here? Goats, monkeys etc. Could we have something kinda cute and cuddly maybe?
I keep asking my DH the same thing... the girls and I want to get a kitten, as it's the season for the little furballs to be born... but as long as there are more boxes than spaces to put things, I think we're not going to win the arguement. :blush: (We put our other cat down last October, and he was "my" cat... I miss him terribly, esp. since this is the first move I've made w/o him, ever. :( )
So - once we win my DH over (or I just show up with one :D ) I'll have him join the ranks of the other animals onboard! (He can catch the mice - the monkey doesn't seem to keen on that job... )

offwego
05-24-2007, 01:37 PM

Is everybody's slide into Friday going well? DW's up with the grandbabies (I'll join her on Saturday) so DD1 called me to have lunch. Guess who picked up the tab? We talked about rehearsals and such, of course.So do you need more daughters? or does your DD need instruction on how to get lunch purchased for her?

I'll send him your way tomorrow - I think DH is getting the mower out again tonite. And if you find the rum, send some on over!! :D

:)
We just got a new lawn mower last weekend...yuck! I'd so much rather have plants

Mickey'sGirl
05-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Is everybody's slide into Friday going well? DW's up with the grandbabies (I'll join her on Saturday) so DD1 called me to have lunch. Guess who picked up the tab? We talked about rehearsals and such, of course.It's a really beautiful day here.... so my slide is a good one! At least your daughter wants to have lunch with you Ken -- so it's all good, right? :D

Could we have something kinda cute and cuddly maybe?
Have you ever looked into a goat's eyes ?(No, not Ken!) They are pretty darned cute, and hence are on my "Will not eat" list. Monkeys, not so much, but I will not eat them either. ;)

offwego
05-24-2007, 02:02 PM
It's a really beautiful day here.... so my slide is a good one! At least your daughter wants to have lunch with you Ken -- so it's all good, right? :D

Have you ever looked into a goat's eyes ?(No, not Ken!) They are pretty darned cute, and hence are on my "Will not eat" list. Monkeys, not so much, but I will not eat them either. ;)

Ah Jenn...can't really say as I have. Petting zoo's and other similiar type events are not my cuppa tea. Must be the hazzards to the shoes. But the odds of eating goat aren't too high out here so I won't much worry about it.

Now what on earth has happened to Ellen was she kidnapped by the Pirates?

Mickey'sGirl
05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Now what on earth has happened to Ellen was she kidnapped by the Pirates?...or was it the monkey?:monkey: