PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions--Pirates' Hospital/Cookie Cruise.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

disneydrmr
06-15-2007, 10:23 AM
The entire Ohio contingent is MIA, Maybe we should steer the ship to the south. I have some lovely fabric scraps begging to be used in some decorative way... Who do you want to start with?

They had floods in Texas...so how about the Ohio group? Doesn't Di have a neighbour who has extra grass for perhaps a Stitch theme?
Does your fabric have pineapples?

Hmmm.. I was off 'sick' yesterday (took an unpaid vacation day so I could go to the doctor).. I guess you guys weren't able to get the Pearl to my house due to the moderate drought we are in. And no, there is no more extra grass available.. it's all now dead, brown and dry... several grass fires in the area due to the drought...

Hi all! My DD "graduated" from elementary school today. They had a video chronicling the 72 kids from kindergarten thru 5th grade. Where did all these years go? Anybody have a tissue?:(

Congrats to your DD! You sure A tissue would be enough? Or do you need a whole box?

Did anyone hear the news that just came across that Ruth Graham, the wife of Billy Graham died this afternoon?

Yes, and my thoughts and prayers go to the Graham family!

Hmm..do I need to fire up the oven?

Fire up the oven? Did you get a new pizza stone? ;)

And last but not least, when will the drama in my life end? I just got a phone call from my sister-in-law who I haven't heard from in years, crying hysterically that her brother is not being buried in their hometown and that he was cremated. I have tried my best with the woman who is making all the arrangements to have him buried in the family plot... I've said it at least five times now (and it's not easy for me to confront this woman). In fact, this afternoon once again I called her to tell her that I want him buried next to his mom and that his older daughters want this as well. But, of course, no one has spoken up but me. :mad: Now I'm upset and feeling guilty and very stressed. Am I always going to come out as the villian here??? I can't stand the drama. (Sorry for the vent :blush: )

Ellen, so very sorry you are going thru this stuff. :hug: We're all here for you so vent whenever you need to! And we'll have a shot of rum ready for you whenever you need it (as long as we can get the monkey up off the crate long enough to get a bottle out!)

My arm is still healing although a bit of blood still oozes out now and then. It's still a bit swollen and slightly warm to the touch, but much better than before. :thumbsup:

The neighbors weren't upset at all. I finally got to speak to them tonight, and they were still very apologetic. They even insisted and gave me $20 to cover the co-pay for my doctor's visit (I didn't tell them about the $14 for the antibiotic co-pays). Animal control is allowing them to keep the dog in quarantine at home. She has to stay in the backyard and/or her crate, and can't even go out for a walk on a leash for the 10 days, but it's better than having her at the vet.

Glad to hear that this situation is working itself out! Keep an eye on your arm! Hope it continues to improve!

So, we have 10 different soups in our lunch room that they sampled this AM.. anyone want some?

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2007, 11:21 AM
:hi: Di! Nice to see you back! No soup please -- are there any other goodies?

disneydrmr
06-15-2007, 12:40 PM
:hi: Di! Nice to see you back! No soup please -- are there any other goodies?

:wave: Hi Jenn! It's nice to see you too! Let's see, they set out a few trays of lasagna.. and they had an indoor cook out for us to kick off our summer promotion! So there's burnt hamburgers, burnt hot dogs (something tells me Sgt. Tigger was one of our cooks :D), cole slaw, potato salad and fresh fruit salad! YUM! Does any of that sound good to you?

Nascfan
06-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi gang, sorry I've been absent lately, but we're close to fiscal year end here and it's just a madhouse. That and even the evenings have been busy with trying to get things around for daughter's South Carolina trip next week. Probably about another month and hopefully things will calm down a little so I can at least pop in every so often. Will you save some cookies for me?

I truly miss being able to chat with you all more often.

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
:hi: Scott!! Pop in when you can! I hope you are all well!

Can I have some of that cream cheese cookie stuff to go with the coffee my sister just bought me?

offwego
06-15-2007, 03:03 PM
I truly miss being able to chat with you all more often. We miss you too! What kind of cookies do you want?

:hi: Scott!! Pop in when you can! I hope you are all well!

Can I have some of that cream cheese cookie stuff to go with the coffee my sister just bought me?
They have them at second cup quite often..or do you want me to see if they scan well?

disneydrmr
06-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Probably about another month and hopefully things will calm down a little so I can at least pop in every so often. Will you save some cookies for me?

Hmmm... I think we can find some Gorilla Glue to use to close up Alex's mouth so we'll have some cookies left for you!

What cream cheese cookie stuff? Do you want cream cheese and a bagel? I can sneak out of work and run over to Panera Bread and get you one....

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2007, 03:14 PM
They have them at second cup quite often..or do you want me to see if they scan well?Then your co-workers will find out that you are :crazy: ... better not.... Can you ICS 'em?

What cream cheese cookie stuff? Do you want cream cheese and a bagel? I can sneak out of work and run over to Panera Bread and get you one....Nat was talking about some cookie made with cream cheese and raspberries.... They sound tasty. Can you send the bagel tomorrow morning?

offwego
06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Then your co-workers will find out that you are :crazy: ... better not.... Can you ICS 'em?
Nat was talking about some cookie made with cream cheese and raspberries.... They sound tasty. Can you send the bagel tomorrow morning?

I have a private scanner in my office..no nead to alert nosy co-workers who would only eat the cookie in any case. I work with all guys..need I say more?

Di you have a Panera near you? I like those very yummy sandwiches.

trackbarroness
06-15-2007, 07:43 PM
When the current Pirates comes out on DVD, that DVD. :D :cool: So how many :bar: :bar: :bar: Anyone have Disney plans in the works?

mtown71
06-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Wouldn't the monkeys make a mess?
That was the idea so I wouldn't have to go into work! ;) Too late now. I wish monkey would have caused chaos here. We were so busy tonight & I am still waiting on a guy to do his drug screen. We closed 20 minutes ago. :mad: Wouldn't you come ready to use the restroom if you knew you were coming for a drug screen????

Fire up the oven? Did you get a new pizza stone? ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, Di, you are thinking of the wrong sister. Losing your mind now? :thedolls:

I just noticed, I finally hit 1,000 posts!!! :party:

Beast_fanatic
06-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Congratulations on 1000, Deb! :cheer:

For this weekend, we're trying not to spend much money (because of the new air conditioner). It's supposed to rain. I need to do laundry. And, we've got to start cleaning the house for the pool party we're having in a month. Sounds exciting, huh?

disneydeb
06-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Congratulations on 1000, Deb! :cheer:

For this weekend, we're trying not to spend much money (because of the new air conditioner). It's supposed to rain. I need to do laundry. And, we've got to start cleaning the house for the pool party we're having in a month. Sounds exciting, huh?

I don't know if it sound exciting, but it sure sounds like a fun party! I'll bring the cookies and rum! Can we party at your place?

alpro2
06-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Hmmm... I think we can find some Gorilla Glue to use to close up Alex's mouth so we'll have some cookies left for you!

It will also cure your headache. :D

Congrats Deb. Have any buckeyes to share for the celebration?

...And, we've got to start cleaning the house for the pool party we're having in a month. Sounds exciting, huh?
Ooooh...can't wait. What shall I bring?

Nascfan
06-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Congrats on 1,000 Deb! :thumbsup: Those blue stars look good on you.

I love pool parties! Should we bring a dish to pass Rhonda? And lots of cookies?

Sandy, June of '08 is in the works for us. Do you know your schedule yet? ;)

ElenitaB
06-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi gang, sorry I've been absent lately, but we're close to fiscal year end here and it's just a madhouse. [...]Will you save some cookies for me?

I truly miss being able to chat with you all more often.
Cookies have been put away in a secret location for you, Scott, until you free up. We close our FY on June 30 as well... luckily I'm not on the accounting end of the business but I want to turn in my intranet redesign project by then.

When the current Pirates comes out on DVD, that DVD. :D :cool: So how many :bar: :bar: :bar: Anyone have Disney plans in the works?
Does October count? Will you be able to take some time off from work to come out and play with us?

Congrats, Deb! We're so happy you're here... so here's to another 10,000 posts! :high5:

Oooh, a pool party! What fun! Can we help decorate? How about a Stitch/Hawaiian/Pirate theme? (How's the arm feeling?)

Jasper, how's your mom? Ken, a legal question: can one rescind a power of attorney?

Everyone else, what's happening this weekend? Has anyone seen Surf's Up?

drummerboy
06-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Ken, a legal question: can one rescind a power of attorney?
I have to generalize, especially because this is an out-of-NC matter, so this is not specific legal advise--Normally, someone who is still of sound mind can rescind a power of attorney. How to do it depends on state law, so you'll need to check with an attorney in your area. Because you have to be of sound mind, I'm not sure many JQers could rescind theirs. :D

We took the grandyoung'uns back home Thursday night (about a two and a half hour drive) in time for a little ninth birthday celebration for the oldest one who had stayed home. Yesterday I had a bar association committee meeting and then we came back home last night to play a concert. :faint::sleepin:

Is everybody else having the surprisingly pleasant weather we're having? We're enjoying it while we can--we'll soon be back to our normal summer swelter.

Now that we've found the case of rum, does anybody speak Rhesus to tell the monkey to share? Or maybe somebody has some spare bananas to lure him away?:monkey:

Christine
06-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Camp BAD!! ...bugs everywhere,...kids everywhere...fish hooks everwhere...blood everywhere....just BAD BAD BAD!

I don't think I can even form a question right now. May I be excused?

dlpmikki
06-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Camp BAD!! ...bugs everywhere,...kids everywhere...fish hooks everwhere...blood everywhere....just BAD BAD BAD!

Christine! Glad you made it back (in one or more pieces)! Are you going to ask a few more questions before you volunteer for of these camps next time?

What date is your pool party Rhonda? Wonder if it is the same day as our decking party by the river. Don't think I would want anyone getting wet at our party though.:)

ElenitaB
06-16-2007, 02:38 PM

Oh, she's back! :muscles: I was about to ask the Canadian contingent to send out the Mounties to find you! Sorry about the bad, bad, bad part of it all. Bugs, fish hooks (in the wrong places) and blood don't sound like fun, but aren't kids supposed to be there?

disneydeb
06-16-2007, 02:55 PM

Sounds like a horrific accident, or you were stuck in the woods entertainig insect infested children with multiple piercings!
Would a :marg: help ease your pain?:D

Dsnygirl
06-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi everybody! Just popping in quickly, since the NY contingent was noted to have been missing for awhile. :blush: The past few days have been crazy - end of school parties and festivities, busy nights at work (I think I need to get a day job, so I can keep up with you guys!! ;)), MIL out to visit ... we've been busy!! Spent the day yesterday between the mall for a Build-A-Bear gift, the park and going to get ice-cream at the lake... it was so beautiful out. And today was our DDs' recital - Julia's 4th one, but Emma's 1st one... and they both did so great! Going to try to post a picture later... right now I am just basking in the fact that we are finally done with all our "end of the year" insanity and now we can just play. No more concerts, plays, graduations, recitals, class picnics... yeah!! Think I'll brew up some :marg: and have me a good ole' sit down on the back porch. For a week or two. :D

How's everyone else's weekend going? Anyone doing anything for Father's Day? DH is out golfing right now - tomorrow he wants to just crash and hang out and do steaks on the grill. Mmmm...

Hi Christine!! :hi: Glad to see you made it back!! I thought of you this week, and wished you much cool weather and lots of bug spray... sorry it was a :ack: week! You'll have to post some pictures, once you're over the trauma... :D

What's on the agenda for tonight? We're having a "movie night" with the girls... "Night At The Museum" and smores ... and more :marg: for DH and I! Have to admit, it's been a pretty good weekend so far!!
Hope everyone's having the same!!

alongfortheride
06-16-2007, 06:21 PM
*edit* I just realized I am on John's log-in! I am on his laptop while he reformats our hard drive.

Christine! Glad you made it back (in one or more pieces)! Are you going to ask a few more questions before you volunteer for of these camps next time?

I will not need to ask any questions, because there will be no "next time"! :nono:

Oh, she's back! :muscles: I was about to ask the Canadian contingent to send out the Mounties to find you! Sorry about the bad, bad, bad part of it all. Bugs, fish hooks (in the wrong places) and blood don't sound like fun, but aren't kids supposed to be there?

The kids (much like the fish hooks) were too often in the wrong places! We had some that "strayed" a bit and got into a bit of trouble. It was a real mess!

Sounds like a horrific accident, or you were stuck in the woods entertainig insect infested children with multiple piercings!
Would a :marg: help ease your pain?:D

I am not sure if a :marg: would help or not...it may not be enough! Got any morphine???

Blythe, I didn't take any pictures. But if you want a mental image, picture scenes from the movies "Meatballs" and "Saving Private Ryan"!

Our plans for tonight? Dinner at Cheddar's and then the sneak preview of Ratatouille!

drummerboy
06-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Did anyone else detect a slight hint of negativity in Bert's Babe's posts about her camping trip?

trackbarroness
06-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Still waiting on the week of July 4th, so will have to wait until next year to find out about June of '08. Did anyone else have a Disney day? :D

tinktude
06-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Anyone have any advice on telling my boss that I got another job???

Maybe I should bake him some of those cookies everyone keeps talking about.

alpro2
06-16-2007, 10:16 PM

Are you afraid that he will fire you? :D

Cookies? Are you baking cookies? Will you be my friend? :blush:

mtown71
06-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Sounds better than being at work. We could have switched places. I have to get some laundry done too. Never ends, huh?

Congrats Deb. Have any buckeyes to share for the celebration?
Thanks but I thought you were supposed to make them.:confused:

Congrats, Deb! We're so happy you're here... so here's to another 10,000 posts! :high5:
Can we help decorate? How about a Stitch/Hawaiian/Pirate theme?
Thank you..So glad to have joined & met all you crazy people! (love ya all though! ;)) Man, it will take me forever to get to 10,000 though!
I will handle the pirate part of the theme! If I can get Orlando to stand still for awhile! Di, do you think you can handle the Stitch part? :)

How's everyone else's weekend going? Anyone doing anything for Father's Day? DH is out golfing right now - tomorrow he wants to just crash and hang out and do steaks on the grill. Mmmm...

Glad to hear the recital went well. I would love to see pics! I am sure your girls were adorable. My weekend has been o.k. Had to work today & we were pretty busy. UGH!!! My parents will be out of town for Father's day so we kinda celebrated it tonight by going out to dinner. Have a great time with your movie night.
Anyone know that POTC Curse of Black Pearl is on right now on TV? Gonna go watch my Orlando for the millionth time! :cloud9:

mtown71
06-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Cookies? Are you baking cookies?

I'm not baking any but I do have a cookie cream sandwich from our local bakery. Do you think I can throw it that far to you?

alpro2
06-16-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm not baking any but I do have a cookie cream sandwich from our local bakery. Do you think I can throw it that far to you?
Deb!!! Are you tossing your cookies again? :ack:

Beast_fanatic
06-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Pool party is planned for 7/14. Please bring whatever you want to drink, and your own towels. I don't know what we're serving yet though. Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative that weekend as it is raining this one.

Sorry for the awful camping trip, Christine. :camp: I hope the :marg: helps!

Does this ship seem to be taking on water? :boat: :snorkel:

disneydeb
06-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Anyone guess where the rum went?...

Dsnygirl
06-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Did anyone else detect a slight hint of negativity in Bert's Babe's posts about her camping trip?
:funny:
Christine, the combination of those two movies says it all... even my DH winced.

Cookies? Are you baking cookies? Will you be my friend? :blush:
Hey now - if that's all it takes... what about all the cookies we've sent your way???

Anyone know that POTC Curse of Black Pearl is on right now on TV? Gonna go watch my Orlando for the millionth time! :cloud9:
:D Just got done watching it... :D Our movie night w/ the girls was fun, but nothing's better than sitting down w/ a margarita and discovering that Jack & Will are in your living room!! We were GOING to watch something we'd rented, but... well... hard to resist those boys... (Okay, maybe not for my DH... but at least he enjoys the movies as much as I do... ;))

Pool party is planned for 7/14. Please bring whatever you want to drink, and your own towels. I don't know what we're serving yet though. Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative that weekend as it is raining this one.

I'm there!!! Shall I bring some hot & spicy salsa and chips, and some strawberry :marg: ? (Are you sensing a theme in my life yet?? :blush:) Sounds fun!

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Anyone guess where the rum went?...
Hmmmm... guessing there are some empty bottles rolling around your floor...

mtown71
06-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Deb!!! Are you tossing your cookies again? :ack:
Hmmm...thought the food smelled funny. Sorry! :blush:

I'll bring some punch & I can use the POTC beach towel that my wonderful sis bought for me!

:D Just got done watching it... :D Our movie night w/ the girls was fun, but nothing's better than sitting down w/ a margarita and discovering that Jack & Will are in your living room!! We were GOING to watch something we'd rented, but... well... hard to resist those boys... (Okay, maybe not for my DH... but at least he enjoys the movies as much as I do... ;))

You said it! I'll have to watch Dead Mans Chest tonight.

Happy Fathers day to all the dads. Any special plans for today?

Nascfan
06-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Happy Fathers day to all the dads. Any special plans for today?

Since my daughter is now in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, I have no plans. My lovely wife gave up the ghost and is napping since we were up before 3:00 am this morning. Would anyone like to come keep me company? The flight was quick and smooth, so that's a good thing. And she did call when they landed. She's a good kid.

Happy Father's Day to all my fellow JQ dads out there! Have a great day!

alpro2
06-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Since my daughter is now in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, I have no plans. My lovely wife gave up the ghost and is napping since we were up before 3:00 am this morning. Would anyone like to come keep me company? The flight was quick and smooth, so that's a good thing. And she did call when they landed. She's a good kid.

Happy Father's Day to all my fellow JQ dads out there! Have a great day!
Want to go and hit some pink golf balls with me Scott?

Happy Father's Day!

Dsnygirl
06-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey all you wonderful JQ dads - Happy Father's Day!! :D

You said it! I'll have to watch Dead Mans Chest tonight.

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's having a happy Sunday... we had a yummy FD brunch, and now we're headed off for some Putt-Putt golf w/ the girls. (DH got the REAL golfing out of his system the last two days... ) And no, he uses white golf balls, last I checked... ;)
Then we're heading to the lake for some ice-cream, and bbq'ing steaks later at home w/ some twice-baked sourcream, chive & bacon potatoes, salad and bbq'd corn-on-the-cob. Mmmm!!

What's everyone else up to today?

marlyn
06-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi there! I have been AWOL for a few days due to work and kids etc... I work again tonight but then have 4 days off. I am sure I missed a lot so I hope you are all well. I see someone had a bad camping trip? My sympathies...

I got a new job...it is what I need with regards to income which is good, but it is mostly weekends which is not good. I have a feeling I will be doing a bunch of shift trades once hockey season starts. But I can do this until somethign better comes up and I won't have to worry about money.

My boys have 2 weeks left until summer vacation. Thy are out June 28th. Most of the kids south of the border are out already aren't they?

I hope you are all having a good weekend. Happy Fathers day to all our JQ fathers.:beer:

marlyn
06-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Hope everyone's having a happy Sunday... we had a yummy FD brunch, and now we're headed off for some Putt-Putt golf w/ the girls. (DH got the REAL golfing out of his system the last two days... ) And no, he uses white golf balls, last I checked... ;)
Then we're heading to the lake for some ice-cream, and bbq'ing steaks later at home w/ some twice-baked sourcream, chive & bacon potatoes, salad and bbq'd corn-on-the-cob. Mmmm!!

What's everyone else up to today?

Can I come spend the day with you? That sounds like a perfect day! I am going to do laundry, tidy up and then have a nap. I work tonight so that is as exciting as it gets.

Beast_fanatic
06-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Happy Father's Day to all the JQ Dads!

We went to visit my dad in the Masonic Retirement Home today. It seems like a nice place, and I hope he'll get involved and enjoy things there.

Now, I'm doing laundry and I'm trying to decide if I should go start dinner or be lazy and go out instead. :blush: Which would you choose?

Dsnygirl
06-17-2007, 07:56 PM
I got a new job...it is what I need with regards to income which is good, but it is mostly weekends which is not good. I have a feeling I will be doing a bunch of shift trades once hockey season starts. But I can do this until somethign better comes up and I won't have to worry about money.

My boys have 2 weeks left until summer vacation. Thy are out June 28th. Most of the kids south of the border are out already aren't they?

Can I come spend the day with you? That sounds like a perfect day! I am going to do laundry, tidy up and then have a nap. I work tonight so that is as exciting as it gets.
Congrats on the new job!! Mostly weekends can be tough, but like you said, you can probably switch days w/ people until you find something that works better - and until then, not have to worry!! Yeah!! I'm glad for you!!

My girls have been out since the 12th... that's when our elementary finishes. Our high school kids end somewhere during this upcoming week, depending on their finals. When do your boys go back? We go back September 5th, after our Labor Day holiday.

And of course you can come spend the day with us! Anytime!! We would have loved to have you. Of course, right now you wouldn't probably be too keen on being here... my girls are tired and cranky after such a busy wknd and a late night last night... so they are just getting out of the tub, and heading straight to ZZzzz land. Ahhh.... peace!! (It was a very nice day, though!)

Anybody watch "The 4400"?? The season premiere for season 4 is on tonight, and I'm psyched!! It's kind of an odd show, but we got into it last summer and have been waiting to see what happens. We were going to watch POTC : DMC, but since we have it on DVD, we'll just wait. :blush:

How was everyone's wknd?

Edit * My DD8, Julia, wanted to add something... "Hi everybody - I wish I could be on Intercot!! :hi: "

Nascfan
06-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Want to go and hit some pink golf balls with me Scott?

Happy Father's Day!

I'm there buddy! Hope you had a good day.

Sounds like a fun, but tiring day Blythe.
:hi: Julia! You'll be thirteen and on Intercot soon enough. Don't grow up too fast. :)

Now, what did I do with that spare question?

ElenitaB
06-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Happy Father's Day to all our JQ dads! You've all earned a special place in our hearts (no... that's not why we take Tums).

Our plans for tonight? Dinner at Cheddar's and then the sneak preview of Ratatouille!
How was Ratatouille? We missed the sneak preview last night... I don't know who picked the theaters for Brooklyn, but they weren't the most convenient.

I know she's saying "never again" but maybe you could lend her the JQ RV for next time. What do you think?

Give at least two weeks notice, offer to train your replacement and whatever you do, don't burn your bridges. You never know when a recommendation might be needed.

The 14th is Bastille Day. Can we have Kir Royale? :tasty: Have you thought about getting that rat to come do the cooking for you?

I'll bring some punch & I can use the POTC beach towel that my wonderful sis bought for me!
Oh, I'll bring my Jack towel that Piglet822 sent to me. We can have the PoTC section.

Congrats on the new job! Same dept or new one?

NYC public schools don't let out until the 28th either. Ben started his week of half-days, and the last day of school is Friday which is basically chapel and then they're done! He's already counting down the days.

Now, I'm doing laundry and I'm trying to decide if I should go start dinner or be lazy and go out instead. :blush: Which would you choose?
In my neck of the woods, you call for delivery! It's the best of both worlds. :blush:

Have a good night, everyone! I'll have a pot of coffee freshly brewed for in the AM.

Beast_fanatic
06-17-2007, 11:12 PM
The 14th is Bastille Day. Can we have Kir Royale? :tasty:

You bring the Champagne and Creme de Cassis, and we can have it. ;) Did you know Creme de Cassis was first produced by monks in France as a cure for snakebites, jaundice, and wretchedness?

Have you thought about getting that rat to come do the cooking for you?

No, that thought had not occurred to me. Somehow, the thought of a rat doing the cooking just kind of turns me off. :sick:

In my neck of the woods, you call for delivery! It's the best of both worlds.

We went out. :blush:

offwego
06-18-2007, 09:12 AM

Sounds like you had fun...was the topic Job?

Can they do cross border searches still?

A tad..a teeny tiny hint perhaps?

Just be honest..and be prepared (if your going to anything that might be competition) to be let go. Good luck!!

I hope you are all having a good weekend. Happy Fathers day to all our JQ fathers.:beer:
A belated happy fathers day. And Lynn sound like mostly good news at least on the income side.

So what's up for Monday? And how are we all getting to Rhonda's? I can bring a pretty mean crab dip!

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Di you have a Panera near you? I like those very yummy sandwiches.

There's several actually around where I work, plus they just opened a new one in a new shopping center that I pass on my way to work! It is the bagel place of choice in my office! I actually prefer donuts, but in a pinch a bagel smothered with flavored cream cheese can work just as well!:D

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, Di, you are thinking of the wrong sister. Losing your mind now?

I think my mind is hiding out in Ohana... :stitch:

It will also cure your headache.

Just remember - YOU are the one that said this! Not me!

Congrats on 1,000 Deb! :thumbsup: Those blue stars look good on you.

See, Scott just proved how unobservant men can be... she's had those blue stars for several months now Scott... she got those for contributing to the Intercot server drive... I think you are cookie deprived, that has to be why you missed that... so Dr. Di says to go eat a whole package of cookies and post here in the morning!

Oooh, a pool party! What fun! Can we help decorate? How about a Stitch/Hawaiian/Pirate theme?

Sounds like a LOT of fun! Should I make the coffee and coconut cake? I'll also set up the screen so we can watch ALL of Stitch's movies!

:eyes: And that was a CHURCH camp? Or did you accidently choose a spot in the middle of a horror film filming?

I am not sure if a :marg: would help or not...it may not be enough! Got any morphine???

Blythe, I didn't take any pictures. But if you want a mental image, picture scenes from the movies "Meatballs" and "Saving Private Ryan"!

Again I say :eek: Glad you survived...no morphine, but I think a long weekend at Disney could help you recover!

Negativity? Nope, didn't notice... why would you say she was negative? :D

You could go into work carrying a half empty bottle of rum, wearing a pirate costume and walk into his office singing "Yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me..."

Cookies? Are you baking cookies? Will you be my friend?

Another man proving a long debated point... the way to a man's heart IS thru his stomach!

I told you you could've come down 75 and hung out with me, my dh and the doggies! THey would've loved to see you! I would've even made my homemade sketti sauce for you!

Oh, I'll bring my Jack towel that Piglet822 sent to me. We can have the PoTC section.

Oh my, so you'll be laying on Jack's face and Deb's gonna be laying on Will's face... will we EVER get the two of you up to help us build a sand fort?

mtown71
06-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Morning all!!!!
Anyone want to share a pot of coffee? I just can't seem to wake up this morning. Hope everyone has a good day today!
Di, I will send the monkey & goat in my place to build a sand fort.

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 10:04 AM
So what's up for Monday? And how are we all getting to Rhonda's? I can bring a pretty mean crab dip!

Nothing up here except the temperature - gonna be close to 97 degrees! Ouch! Anyone wanna pay my air condition bill?

Morning all!!!!
Anyone want to share a pot of coffee? I just can't seem to wake up this morning. Hope everyone has a good day today!
Di, I will send the monkey & goat in my place to build a sand fort.

Coffee? On a hot morning like this? How about a cold diet coke? And I think the monkey maybe a bit too drunk to be much help on the sand fort. And a goat? Don't you think he will eat our sand buckets?

drummerboy
06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
It's Monday already? I think what I need to do is go into jr. high end-of-school-year mode--that way time will pass agonizingly slow.

Anybody know if Bert's Babe has healed yet? Did no one warn her that they make camping first-aid kits for a reason? I have this mental image of some kid reeling in the big fish he caught and finding out his hook is in Christine's cheek (or ear--my sister did that to my brother once).

Wound up with double rehearsals yesterday--afternoon drumming with the combo that will back up our local choral group for the fourth, and evening singing for the play. Spent Saturday with DW at the auction house picking up all the goodies she had high bid on the first Saturday of the month. Lots and lots of odd box lots and a couple of pieces of furniture.

I'm so glad I have this job I can come to for rest.

offwego
06-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Coffee? On a hot morning like this? How about a cold diet coke? And I think the monkey maybe a bit too drunk to be much help on the sand fort. And a goat? Don't you think he will eat our sand buckets? coffee always..it's a food group. On it's own and required every day.

Anybody know if Bert's Babe has healed yet? Did no one warn her that they make camping first-aid kits for a reason? I have this mental image of some kid reeling in the big fish he caught and finding out his hook is in Christine's cheek (or ear--my sister did that to my brother once).

I'm so glad I have this job I can come to for rest. How does one heal from that kind of truama?

Mickey'sGirl
06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Has anyone seen Surf's Up?Nope-- but we saw the Fantastic 4 -- You gotta take Ben! It was absolutely fantabulous!! (and Ionn Gruffudd is in it to boot!) :heart:

Christine, you have now earned the right to be excused from any and everything you want to. I'm glad you made it back :hug:

Maybe I should bake him some of those cookies everyone keeps talking about.Cookies are always a good start! Don't burn bridges!

She's a good kid.
Happy Father's Day to all my fellow JQ dads out there! Have a great day!She must have all right parents, eh Scott? I hope you enjoyed your day yesterday!

You bring the Champagne and Creme de Cassis, and we can have it.I love Cassis. One of my best friends is from Lyon, France and he makes aperatifs using Cassis and white wine. It is too early in the day? :marg:

Happy Monday everyone! I just got here from my quartely check up with my Rheumatologist...and all continues to be Status Quo. What more could a girl ask for?:thumbsup:

offwego
06-18-2007, 11:31 AM
What more could a girl ask for?:thumbsup:

Diamonds? Maid service? Shoes? Purses? A cook? On line grocery delivery? ooohhh you meant from your Dr. didn't you?

In that case that's great news!! And Deb, my belated congrats on your 1000 milestone. Way to go!!

Christine
06-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Edit * My DD8, Julia, wanted to add something... "Hi everybody - I wish I could be on Intercot!! :hi: "

:hi: Julia!

How was Ratatouille? We missed the sneak preview last night...

Sadly, it just didn't do a thing for me. I really really wanted to like it...I was very pumped up about it after hearing and reading how it was Pixar's best film yet. But alas, I was :bored: thorugh most of it. Oilvia fell asleep twice. John was fidgety throughout. Bummer!

Sounds like you had fun...was the topic Job?

You'd have thought so judging from the swarms of grasshoppers! Surprisingly, it was "Peace in the Storm" taken from John 14:27. How ironic!

:eyes: And that was a CHURCH camp? Or did you accidently choose a spot in the middle of a horror film filming?

I assure you, I was looking out for "Jason" from time to time!

I'm fine now...I just shudder from time to time and have developed some sort of facial tic whenever I step outdoors! Hopefully it is not a permanent result from this experience! ;)

So Lynne! Congrats on the new job! Sounds like everything worked out well!!!

Glad to see all the other MIA's have returned.

Ken, looks like you're keeping busy (except for at work, that is!)

Rhonda, the pool party sounds great! It is an indoor pool though, right??? :scared:

Ellen, thanks for the coffee this morning...I definitely needed it! John and I stayed up late watching some special on the Titanic on History Channel. Why? I couldn't really say...:confused:

Speaking of ocean liners, has anyone heard of the "Residence-seas" where you LIVE on a cruise ship! We saw this on Travel Channel the other day...boy, that must be the pits, huh?? :rolleyes:

Christine
06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Happy Monday everyone! I just got here from my quartely check up with my Rheumatologist...and all continues to be Status Quo. What more could a girl ask for?:thumbsup:

That is great news! Good deal! :hug:

I think Surf's Up will be our next movie. Anyone want to catch a matinee this week?

Mickey'sGirl
06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Diamonds? Maid service? Shoes? Purses? A cook? On line grocery delivery? ooohhh you meant from your Dr. didn't you?Diamonds -- I only wear my engagement/wedding rings, my Mickey watch, my Mickey hoop earrings and the Eeyore necklace Harry bought me in April. I'm not a fancy babe....
Shoes -- In another life, my feet are funny now...so you can have my share, k?
Purses -- I only bought my first EVER purse this year...so you can have my share here too....
A cook -- But, then what would I do to relax?
On Line Grocery delivery -- Yeah, but do they smell the produce for freshness?
I will gladly take the Maid Service. I hate vacuums and mops and buckets and Windex. Yes, that is what this girl wants.

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 12:38 PM
It's Monday already? I think what I need to do is go into jr. high end-of-school-year mode--that way time will pass agonizingly slow.

I know what you are thinking - you think if you go into jr high end of school year mode you will then have the whole summer off... well.. won't work - we're all onto you! :D

How does one heal from that kind of truama?

A month at the Poly might do the trick!

Diamonds? Maid service? Shoes? Purses? A cook? On line grocery delivery? ooohhh you meant from your Dr. didn't you?

How about free stays at WDW whenever you wish to visit? A chauffer driven limo? first run movies in your home anytime you want them? enough money that you would never have to work again? Should I go on?

I'm fine now...I just shudder from time to time and have developed some sort of facial tic whenever I step outdoors! Hopefully it is not a permanent result from this experience! ;)

KEN! ALEX!!! :stop: Why are you sneaking up behind Christine carrying a tree branch, a rubber spider, fishing hooks and that pine scented air freshner?

Diamonds -- I only wear my engagement/wedding rings, my Mickey watch, my Mickey hoop earrings and the Eeyore necklace Harry bought me in April. I'm not a fancy babe....

No, you are a Galactic Babe.. so don't you also wear your space gear?

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Oh my, I've been hanging out on this thread too long... I just had a customer call ordering some bananas. I told her our bananas were out of stock. So she said "What, did the monkey eat them all?"... my first thought to answer "No, the monkey is too busy guarding/drinking the rum to bother with the bananas..."

Anyone know if there's a 12 step program for JQ addicts? :D

drummerboy
06-18-2007, 01:20 PM
I know what you are thinking - you think if you go into jr high end of school year mode you will then have the whole summer off... well.. won't work - we're all onto you! :D

KEN! ALEX!!! :stop: Why are you sneaking up behind Christine carrying a tree branch, a rubber spider, fishing hooks and that pine scented air freshner?
Durn--caught twice. :blush:

Oh my, I've been hanging out on this thread too long... I just had a customer call ordering some bananas. I told her our bananas were out of stock. So she said "What, did the monkey eat them all?"... my first thought to answer "No, the monkey is too busy guarding/drinking the rum to bother with the bananas..."

Wonder what her reaction would have been if you'd have said that out loud? That's funny.
I keep worrying that I'll refer to my wife as "DW" to somebody in the real world.

Christine
06-18-2007, 01:47 PM

Thanks Di! Ken and Alex are so naughty...no cookies for them today! :pout:

I gotcha! That was me! Did you not recognize my southern drawl??? :D

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Wonder what her reaction would have been if you'd have said that out loud? That's funny.
I keep worrying that I'll refer to my wife as "DW" to somebody in the real world.

I don't know.. would've been funny to find out. I ended up telling her that the monkey had loaded all the bananas into our trucks over night for delivery. She got a chuckle out of it.. but the whole rum guarding thing may have thrown her off...

Oh, does your wife have a name other than DW? :D

Thanks Di! Ken and Alex are so naughty...no cookies for them today! :pout:

I gotcha! That was me! Did you not recognize my southern drawl??? :D

Hey, you're welcome! Gotta look out for our friends right!?

Hmmm... I hear that southern drawl every day... from our customers in Kentucky. Do you have a Texas twang that I should be alert for?

Mickey'sGirl
06-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Do you have a Texas twang that I should be alert for?Hey as long as it isn't a Transylvanian tongue asking for all the raw meat you can muster up...... :D

How's the goat doing with your neighbour's yard?

Christine
06-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I
Hmmm... I hear that southern drawl every day... from our customers in Kentucky. Do you have a Texas twang that I should be alert for?

A Texas twang (done properly) has a "chewy" sound to it.

Since I'm bored and finally have access to a computer this week (can you believe there are no modems in the woods??? :shrug: ) I've decided to start making prank phone calls to some JQers at work! :plot:

Who to call nextl? :thedolls:

Jasper
06-18-2007, 02:23 PM
My girls have been out since the 12th... that's when our elementary finishes. Our high school kids end somewhere during this upcoming week, depending on their finals. When do your boys go back? We go back September 5th, after our Labor Day holiday.

So, how many days a year are your schools required to be in attendance? Here in Indiana, state law requires schools to have 180 "educational days" a year.

I asked that question because most schools around here get out during the week just before Memorial Day. Granted, they also start back to school sometime around August 20, give or take a few days depending on the particular school system.

If you noticed, I put the term "educational days" in quotes. I did this because what they define as an educational day is pretty weak. Basically, an education day is a day that the students are in attendance at least 3 1/2 hours. It has nothing at all to do with what they are actually doing while they are there. Thus, when they have a short day because of teacher In-Service training or anything, most teachers show movies and just basically baby sit the kids and that gets counted as one of their 180 days. If you can't tell, this is something that really sticks in my craw.

On a more pleasant topic, how are all of you doing? I am visiting the thread for a few minutes while I can. Just to update you on all the health issues going on in my family, My mother is still struggling with her heart issues. They thought they had it under control and released her from the hospital late last week. However, over the weekend her ankles swelled up to just about the same size they had been when she first went in the hospital a week and a half ago. So we are all on pins and needles today waiting to hear what the doctors have to say.

As for my back, I am doing what I can, but unfortunately, my parents live about 40 miles from me and her hospital is about 60 miles so I spend way more time riding than my back cares for. Needless to say I am taking every opportunity to walk around or do what I can to relieve the pain.

I know you kind folks have all sent my mom loads of Pixie Dust already, but she can certainly stand to have all you can spare at this point.

I will be around to visit when I can.

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey as long as it isn't a Transylvanian tongue asking for all the raw meat you can muster up...... :D

How's the goat doing with your neighbour's yard?

We do have our own meat cutters here so it wouldn't be too hard to muster up a bunch of raw red meat for him...

Well.. I think the goat has migrated elsewhere... since my area is in a moderate drought ALL grass is now brown and dead. We have not cut grass in over a month. It's horrible. Seeing lots of blackened areas where there's been grass fires. I told DH we need to water the area closest to the road, just in case.

A Texas twang (done properly) has a "chewy" sound to it.

Since I'm bored and finally have access to a computer this week (can you believe there are no modems in the woods??? :shrug: ) I've decided to start making prank phone calls to some JQers at work! :plot:

Who to call nextl? :thedolls:

Hmmm... is that chewy :chewy: like his 'angry' growl, or more his 'talking' growl?

Maybe you should call Alex and tell him that the world is on a cookie shortage crisis?

Jaspar - I really hope your mom recovers! We're all thinking of her, you and your whole family! Here's some extra pixie dust :pixie::pixie:

Christine
06-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Hmmm... is that chewy :chewy: like his 'angry' growl, or more his 'talking' growl?

Maybe you should call Alex and tell him that the world is on a cookie shortage crisis?

Remember, Di, I have never seen any Star Wars movies, so that reference is lost on me! :D

Maybe I should call Nat and tell her I would like a loan for (mustering up best Austin Powers/ Dr. Evil impression) "One MILLLLLL-E-YON dollars!" :secret: What do you think?

Jasper, I will continue to pray for your mom, and for healing in your back. It is really hard when your life hits a rough spot, and I hope things improve soon!

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Remember, Di, I have never seen any Star Wars movies, so that reference is lost on me! :D

Maybe I should call Nat and tell her I would like a loan for (mustering up best Austin Powers/ Dr. Evil impression) "One MILLLLLL-E-YON dollars!" :secret: What do you think?

Hmmmm.. we're even I guess cause I've never seen an Austin Powers movie so your reference is lost on me! :D

Maybe you can call Nat and tell her that there's been a Shoe recall and there will be NO MORE shoes anywhere for a person to buy until the situation recovers....

Or you can try calling Marlyn and in your best Capn Jack voice ask her out on a date... think she'd fall for it?

Mickey'sGirl
06-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Remember, Di, I have never seen any Star Wars movies, so that reference is lost on me! :DChewy is the faithful friend of the ever handsome and scruffy looking Han Solo. He speaks in growly noises like those of bears. I am still in shock over this you know. I don't understand how such a thing could ever happen. Do you want to come over on Friday night and watch all 6 episodes with me? :darth:

drummerboy
06-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Chewy is the faithful friend of the ever handsome and scruffy looking Han Solo. He speaks in growly noises like those of bears. I am still in shock over this you know. I don't understand how such a thing could ever happen. Do you want to come over on Friday night and watch all 6 episodes with me? :darth:
Ooh ooh, I will. I think I've got a bag of chips and some dip somewhere in RV I can bring in.

Did you know that DW and I saw the first Star Wars when it first came out, while we were on our honeymoon? You didn't? Well let me tell you...

drummerboy
06-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Rhonda and Christine, I forgot to ask. How far are you from the flooding? I've been seeing some stories and it looks pretty bad.

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Ooh ooh, I will. I think I've got a bag of chips and some dip somewhere in RV I can bring in.

Did you know that DW and I saw the first Star Wars when it first came out, while we were on our honeymoon? You didn't? Well let me tell you...

Hmmm.. did you know I was still in grade school when the first Star Wars came out? :D

Rhonda and Christine, I forgot to ask. How far are you from the flooding? I've been seeing some stories and it looks pretty bad.

Well, we know Christine is ok since she's been posting... hope Rhonda is safe, and hope that the flood waters recede quickly!

Mickey'sGirl
06-18-2007, 03:32 PM

Did you know that DW and I saw the first Star Wars when it first came out, while we were on our honeymoon? You didn't? Well let me tell you...Why, no you didn't Ken. Did you share popcorn? I was 8 when it came out ... and remember it soooooo vividly!! So, I will put a beanbag chair on the floor next to the doggies beddy-by-bed for you. Your DW can sit on one of the couches if she prefers. Would you mind grabbing Di on your way north?

Riri529
06-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi guys. I'm back. Hope all the JQ dads had a nice father's day. We spent ours at the pool.
Field Day today with DD and DS. I work Field Day pretty much every year. There are lots of different competitions and the children are broken up into 3 teams-Red, White, and Blue. This year I worked at the Basketball Toss. Boy some of these kids are pretty competetive. Unfortunately, the red team (our team) lost--boo hoo. However, a good time was had by all--including this Mom who loves to watch all those kids having fun. It truly warms my heart.

So, who can catch me up on what's going on around here?

drummerboy
06-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh Di-iiii. We have a job for you.

Did somebody say they wanted to know how DW and I ended up watching Star Wars on our honeymoon? Was it one of you young'un who were barely old enough to get into a movie?

Riri529
06-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Hmmmm Star Wars on the Honeymoon. Tell us Ken, was the force with you that night?:yoda:

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Why, no you didn't Ken. Did you share popcorn? I was 8 when it came out ... and remember it soooooo vividly!! So, I will put a beanbag chair on the floor next to the doggies beddy-by-bed for you. Your DW can sit on one of the couches if she prefers. Would you mind grabbing Di on your way north?

But please remember that I bruise easily! :D Should I bring my own bean bag? I wonder if their hands touched as they shared their popcorn? I remember my first 'movie' date.. it was to one of the Rocky movies... a double date with my brother and his girlfriend...though I don't think my 'date' thought of it as a date :cry:

Field Day today with DD and DS. I work Field Day pretty much every year. There are lots of different competitions and the children are broken up into 3 teams-Red, White, and Blue. This year I worked at the Basketball Toss. Boy some of these kids are pretty competetive. Unfortunately, the red team (our team) lost--boo hoo. However, a good time was had by all--including this Mom who loves to watch all those kids having fun. It truly warms my heart.

Sorry your team lost...but as long as everyone had fun - that should be all that matters...

Let's see, what's been going on around here... Do NOT NOT NOT mention the outdoors to Christine... Ken's gonna bor, I mean entertain us with the story of when he and his dw saw Star Wars, um, hmm.. that might be about it.. kind of a slow day around here...

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh Di-iiii. We have a job for you.

Did somebody say they wanted to know how DW and I ended up watching Star Wars on our honeymoon? Was it one of you young'un who were barely old enough to get into a movie?

Already ahead of you! And hey - just because we had to have parental supervison to get into the movie - doesn't mean we didn't enjoy it! :D

Hmmmm Star Wars on the Honeymoon. Tell us Ken, was the force with you that night?:yoda:

(thinking to self) family friendly site.. family friendly site.. family friendly site....

Hmmm... did someone use the force to move my question?

Riri529
06-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Thanks, for the very abridged update Diane. Certainly, it would take me the better part of the afternoon reading if I were to catch up on my own.

Christine,
I understand that camping is now a dirty word. So, is it safe to say that you will not be volunteering for any other camping trips in the forseeable future?

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks, for the very abridged update Diane. Certainly, it would take me the better part of the afternoon reading if I were to catch up on my own.

Christine,
I understand that camping is now a dirty word. So, is it safe to say that you will not be volunteering for any other camping trips in the forseeable future?

You are welcome... can't believe how slow it is around here... think everyone is out by their pools today?

I think it would be VERY safe to say there will be no more outdoor trips for Christine in the near or far future... even after undergoing the extensive therapy that I believe she has signed up for thru DDSS (Drummerboy's Discount Shrink Services) - whose motto is "If you thought you were loony before you saw us, after seeing us you'll know what loony really is" :D

offwego
06-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Diamonds -- I only wear my engagement/wedding rings, my Mickey watch, my Mickey hoop earrings and the Eeyore necklace Harry bought me in April. I'm not a fancy babe....
Shoes -- In another life, my feet are funny now...so you can have my share, k?
Purses -- I only bought my first EVER purse this year...so you can have my share here too....
A cook -- But, then what would I do to relax?
On Line Grocery delivery -- Yeah, but do they smell the produce for freshness?
I will gladly take the Maid Service. I hate vacuums and mops and buckets and Windex. Yes, that is what this girl wants.
Grocery Gateway (I think) used to use the longo's chain..and if you weren't happy you got a credit on your next order. I loved it. Sigh.

What did you use instead of a purse exactly? And hasn't it been agreed that I have at least mine and several someones share of shoes?

No, you are a Galactic Babe.. so don't you also wear your space gear?
This seemed pretty funny to me somehow..Jenn on the go train powerwalking around king and bay in her buzz helmet!! :funny:

You have no idea...

So we are all on pins and needles today waiting to hear what the doctors have to say.

I know you kind folks have all sent my mom loads of Pixie Dust already, but she can certainly stand to have all you can spare at this point.

I will be around to visit when I can.
more prayers and picie dust on it's way Jasper. We are all thinking of you and your mom.

Sure Christine..do you have review engagment statements? And I need a PSOA and is this for an LC? Or a FRTL? or Do you want VRTL? When will you send the set up fee? I'm assuming we are talking LIBOR rates right?

What industry are you in exactly? How many years in business? Oh and you do know us commercial lenders take children as collateral right? Or so the old saying goes.....personally DS is as many as I can handle so I normally drop that part. Oh and I can't find a resale on DH's so you can't use them.

Maybe you can call Nat and tell her that there's been a Shoe recall and there will be NO MORE shoes anywhere for a person to buy until the situation recovers.... NOT FUNNY DI!!! I'll just have to finance a shoe factory until the supply demand ratio improves, instead of a monthly account management fee I'll take it in shoes.

Chewy is the faithful friend of the ever handsome and scruffy looking Han Solo. He speaks in growly noises like those of bears. I am still in shock over this you know. I don't understand how such a thing could ever happen. Do you want to come over on Friday night and watch all 6 episodes with me? :darth: Sure Jenn what time should I be over?

Did somebody say they wanted to know how DW and I ended up watching Star Wars on our honeymoon? Was it one of you young'un who were barely old enough to get into a movie? I was 7 I don't think you can share this story here can you?

I'm pretty sure Di's going to tell you this is a family friendly site...mind you I suspect Ken's going to tell us something about bugs or something else non romantic...what do you all think?

disneydrmr
06-18-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Di's going to tell you this is a family friendly site...mind you I suspect Ken's going to tell us something about bugs or something else non romantic...what do you all think?

(thinking to self) family friendly site.. family friendly site.. family friendly site....

As you can see, I already had that thought! :D told you we've been on this thread too long.. now we all think the same and know what each other is gonna say before we say it...

I think the heat melted my question right off my post.. does anyone have some ice?

drummerboy
06-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I wonder if their hands touched as they shared their popcorn?
Well, they did, but then she smacked my hand for reaching into her popcorn bag instead of mine and...

Ken's gonna bor, I mean entertain us with the story of when he and his dw saw Star Wars, um, hmm.. that might be about it.. kind of a slow day around here...
See what I get for trying to fill in the gaps? Sheesh. Just for that, I'll keep the story to myself. [Goes into corner, crosses arms and pouts, gets bored in corner, decides to go out and play.]

offwego
06-18-2007, 05:01 PM
See what I get for trying to fill in the gaps? Sheesh. Just for that, I'll keep the story to myself. [Goes into corner, crosses arms and pouts, gets bored in corner, decides to go out and play.]

Ken, how many Mom's hang out here? Do you really think we will let you out to play while your pouting? That's a surefire way to get sent to clean up your room or the attic or the garage..your pick though.

So what is the story anyway? Did the power go out?

Christine
06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Do you want to come over on Friday night and watch all 6 episodes with me? :darth:

I haven't even recovered from the pain of my camping trip, and you want to make me sit thru 6 episodes of Star Wars??? :crying: Geesh, what'd I ever do to you? ;)

No flooding here...rains every day, but other than a low road or two, no problems. Thanks for checking!

(Mustering up that Austin Powers impression again...) "OH BEHAVE!"

Hmmmm.. we're even I guess cause I've never seen an Austin Powers movie so your reference is lost on me! :D

:jaw: I don't know what to say! Skip Jenn's house on Friday and come here for an Austin Power's marathon! :popcorn:

Christine,

You're darn tootin'!!

Sure Christine..do you have review engagment statements? And I need a PSOA and is this for an LC? Or a FRTL? or Do you want VRTL? When will you send the set up fee? I'm assuming we are talking LIBOR rates right?

Ummmmm.....:bolt:

Christine
06-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Oh...just a random question I wanted to ask.

Anyone see the Matt Lauer interview of Princes Harry and William?

When did Harry get hotter than Wills??? Hubba hubba!!! :faint: :tasty:

offwego
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I tried to see it Christine but missed. So I should watch dateline tonight? Sigh..how is it there are no princes my age? Charles and his siblings are all kinda old for me and the next ones are too young. What's a girl supposed to do?

Oh and I get that reaction a lot for some reason. It's not so bad once you get used to it Christine...

Christine
06-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Definitely try to catch Dateline tonight!

And what is this "they're too young" business???
Money...er, um I mean LOVE knows no age!! :blush: :secret:

dlpmikki
06-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Those boys seem to be doing a lot of interviews lately - I knew they had done one over here but didn't know they had done one your side of the pond too. Were they touting their concert? I gather sales are not as good as hoped as there is another concert the week after.

Jasper - lots of pixie dust for your family from over here too.

Did I hear talk of a national no shoe day?

Please can you all try to keep Ken on track and behaving while I am enjoying myself at Royal Ascot? It sounds like he needs reining in......

See you all later in the week!

Jasper
06-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Do you want to come over on Friday night and watch all 6 episodes with me? :darth:

Is that an open invitation to everyone? I saw the first three episodes all those many years ago when they first came out, but then kids and finances got in the way when the second trio came out and I still have not seen that set!

Jasper
06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Christine,

W'atcha talkin' bout Willis? Don't you all know that a bad day camping is still always better than a good day anyplace else?

Maybe Christine needs to go camping with us!!

Riri529
06-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Oh...just a random question I wanted to ask.

When did Harry get hotter than Wills??? Hubba hubba!!! :faint: :tasty:

How old is Harry anyway? Hey Christine, can you say Mrs. Robinson?
:D

W'atcha talkin' bout Willis? Don't you all know that a bad day camping is still always better than a good day anyplace else?

Maybe Christine needs to go camping with us!!
By camping do you mean in a tent, with no toilet or running water? Jasper, I'm not so sure I agree with you. My idea of camping is no room service!

ElenitaB
06-18-2007, 08:54 PM
What's Rugelach?
Note to self: put rugelach and baklava on the October packing list.

Does anyone else just want to go sit in the Rose Garden with me?
By the castle? What time is Wishes tonight?

You bring the Champagne and Creme de Cassis, and we can have it. ;) Did you know Creme de Cassis was first produced by monks in France as a cure for snakebites, jaundice, and wretchedness?
Rhonda, :notworth: You are a font of knowledge.

Where do you find the mean crabs? I've heard of she crabs but not mean crabs. Should we serve them up some cassis?

Nope-- but we saw the Fantastic 4 -- You gotta take Ben! It was absolutely fantabulous!! (and Ionn Gruffudd is in it to boot!)
I'm so glad to hear that the movie comes with eye candy because I haven't been looking forward to it.

My nurse keeps on telling me that "stable" is good. So congrats on the Status Quo! :thumbsup:

Speaking of ocean liners, has anyone heard of the "Residence-seas" where you LIVE on a cruise ship! We saw this on Travel Channel the other day...boy, that must be the pits, huh?? :rolleyes:
It's a tough job but I guess someone has to do it. Where do I sign up?

Jasper, I hope that your mom snaps out of this soon and that they find the right treatment for her. Here's :pixie: for her and for your back as well.

By camping do you mean in a tent, with no toilet or running water? Jasper, I'm not so sure I agree with you. My idea of camping is no room service!
You've seen Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel, right? Have you seen her show on Wilderness Lodge? It's her kind of camping, so she says.

As for lying on towels and the force being with Ken, some of you owe me monitor cleaner and absolution for fibbing to my DS about what I was laughing about. Family friendly site, ladies! (Though I'm still smiling...)

Don't ask me that question :blush: Family friendly site, Ellen!

disneydeb
06-18-2007, 09:10 PM
How old is Harry anyway? Hey Christine, can you say Mrs. Robinson?
:D

Coo Coo Cachoo!:D

Can I get a question to go?

Christine
06-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Don't you all know that a bad day camping is still always better than a good day anyplace else?

Okay Jasper, I warned you about using the "c" word!

How old is Harry anyway? :D

Old enough!

See, my idea of roughing it is when I eat on the PATIO at Cheesecake Factory!

Coo Coo Cachoo!:D

Atta girl! :thumbsup:

Awwww, you remembered the baklava! How sweet are you???

Well gang, I'm off to watch Dateline with the crown jewels of England!

Sweet dreams!

Beast_fanatic
06-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Rhonda, the pool party sounds great! It is an indoor pool though, right??? :scared:

Well, no, but you can stay in the house if you'd like.

Lots more :pixie: on the way for your mom, and for your back! Hope both are feeling better soon!

It's about 45 miles to Haltom City where the little girl drowned, close to 70 miles to Gainesville, and maybe 40 miles to Sherman. So, we're in the vicinity, but not in the immediate area. Other than the morning hours, it was a sunny day here today and it looks like the storms may be finally moving out of the area.

Would you notice if I didn't ask a question?

marlyn
06-18-2007, 11:30 PM
When do your boys go back? We go back September 5th, after our Labor Day holiday.

We also go back the day after labor day. Your summer vacation is longer that ours.

And of course you can come spend the day with us! Anytime!! We would have loved to have you.

maybe someday we will meet up at WDW! :mickey:

Congrats on the new job! Same dept or new one?
Count me in for the POTC section :D As for my new job...same department which is great!

:So Lynne! Congrats on the new job! Sounds like everything worked out well!!!

Sounds awesome to me. :D Where do I sign up?

Are you assuming we need (or want) to be cured?

alpro2
06-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Good morning all. And what a beautiful day it is today in Anyplace, USA.

Question for Christine - if somebody offered you a million dollars but you had to complete one of two tasks - camping or watching all 6 Star Wars movies - which would you choose?

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2007, 08:42 AM
When did Harry get hotter than Wills??? Hubba hubba!!! :faint: :tasty:I went to Albert Hall to see a concert one year, and in the box directly below us sat Princess Di and a very cute, very figetty Prince Harry. That encounter is the reason our Harrison is called Harry.

Please can you all try to keep Ken on track and behaving while I am enjoying myself at Royal Ascot? It sounds like he needs reining in......Don't forget to share the details!!!

Is that an open invitation to everyone? Of course! Just remember to use the JQ secret code to get in the door!

Good morning all. And what a beautiful day it is today in Anyplace, USA.Don't forget....There are three Cannuks and a Brit here too! Did you forget about us Alex? :(

offwego
06-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Definitely try to catch Dateline tonight!

And what is this "they're too young" business???
Money...er, um I mean LOVE knows no age!! :blush: :secret: It was good, they really seemed to get along.

Those boys seem to be doing a lot of interviews lately - I knew they had done one over here but didn't know they had done one your side of the pond too. Were they touting their concert? I gather sales are not as good as hoped as there is another concert the week after.
Did I hear talk of a national no shoe day?

The shoe thing was postponed. They did talk quite a bit about the concert etc. I suspect they wanted to get a little more publicity for it, but apparently it was filmed back in April.

My idea of camping is no room service! 100% correct as usual!!

Note to self: put rugelach and baklava on the October packing list.Where do you find the mean crabs? I've heard of she crabs but not mean crabs. Should we serve them up some cassis?
Don't ask me that question :blush: Family friendly site, Ellen!
Crabby as mood has to have come from somewhere. But I don't speak crab so I'm not sure...So do you have the dr's phone number yet Ellen?

I went to Albert Hall to see a concert one year, and in the box directly below us sat Princess Di and a very cute, very figetty Prince Harry. That encounter is the reason our Harrison is called Harry.
Don't forget....There are three Cannuks and a Brit here too! Did you forget about us Alex? :(
Well maybe he thinks we all live in beautiful BC? Since I have a William and you have a Harry we have a matched set don't you think? Should we apply for a trust fund?

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Since I have a William and you have a Harry we have a matched set don't you think? Should we apply for a trust fund? :clappy: :clappy: YES!! YES!! and a polo pony .. and a corgi .... and what the hey ... a castle too! Is that greedy? :confused:

disneydrmr
06-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Ken, how many Mom's hang out here? Do you really think we will let you out to play while your pouting? That's a surefire way to get sent to clean up your room or the attic or the garage..your pick though.

Hmmm... I thought mom's ignore pouting kids and wait until the reach a full blown, out of control temper tantrum?

I don't know what to say! Skip Jenn's house on Friday and come here for an Austin Power's marathon!

:cry: I think I'm gonna cry... I'm loved, I'm really really loved! I go from no invites for the weekend to two! So, now the question is - who's serving the best snacks? Ken? Can DDT get me from Ohio to Texas to Canada all in one night?

When did Harry get hotter than Wills???

Unfortunately I leave at 7am in the mornings to I have missed the interview, but I've been reading about it on the net. I admit to being a royal watcher.. maybe it's cause my name is Diane and I was a young starry eyed girl back when Lady Diana married Prince Charles. I even got labled with the nickname Lady Di.

Seems we'll be inlaws Christine as I would go for Wills in a heartbeat.. anyone think he'd be interested in a much more mature woman? (hmm.. anyone think my dh would mind? :D)

Please can you all try to keep Ken on track and behaving while I am enjoying myself at Royal Ascot? It sounds like he needs reining in......

Have fun at Royal Ascot. Give my regards to the Queen and family. Do you have your fancy hat?

Where do you find the mean crabs? I've heard of she crabs but not mean crabs. Should we serve them up some cassis?

As for lying on towels and the force being with Ken, some of you owe me monitor cleaner and absolution for fibbing to my DS about what I was laughing about. Family friendly site, ladies! (Though I'm still smiling...)

Note to self: go rob bank so can attend in October to have some of said baklava and rugelach...

I find a lot of mean crabs hanging out at the gas pumps around here...

I now absolve you from your fibbing to your DS... and here.. (hands a 5 gallon tub of monitor cleaner) will this be enoug?

Don't forget....There are three Cannuks and a Brit here too! Did you forget about us Alex? :(

Did you give him any cookies? If you want Alex to remember you you must give him a daily bag of cookies....

disneydrmr
06-19-2007, 09:16 AM
:clappy: :clappy: YES!! YES!! and a polo pony .. and a corgi .... and what the hey ... a castle too! Is that greedy? :confused:

Man! asking for a Corgi... I can't believe the gall of some people! You expect all those taxpayers in England to finance a corgi for you? Geesh...:D;)

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Man! asking for a Corgi... I can't believe the gall of some people! You expect all those taxpayers in England to finance a corgi for you? Geesh...:D;)
Hey, it's almost big enough to be considered a dog....or should I ask Deb that question? :D

disneydrmr
06-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey, it's almost big enough to be considered a dog....or should I ask Deb that question? :D

Not if you don't want your ankles bit. :D She's a bit sensitive about the small size of her doggies...(MAN! the fun I could've had with this one if this wasn't a family friendly site!:D)

Hmmm.. did the dog eat my question?

offwego
06-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Hmmm... I thought mom's ignore pouting kids and wait until the reach a full blown, out of control temper tantrum? Nope, you have to nip the pouting off to avoid the tantrums. (at least that's been my method but Dh & I outnumber DS so that does give us an advantage). I'm pretty old school about that stuff. My brother prefers the let'em scream, kick holler etc method..I get headaches to easy.

Jenn you can have the corgi's ok? I'll settle for some of the artwork or dishes. I'm not really into smallish dogs (sorry Deb).

ElenitaB
06-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Crabby as mood has to have come from somewhere. But I don't speak crab so I'm not sure...So do you have the dr's phone number yet Ellen?
I've been known to speak crab on ocassion (or was that I've been known to be crabby on ocassion?). Anyway, no on the phone number... sigh. I've given up on that account now that I've put on so much weight again (sigh).

Note to self: go rob bank so can attend in October to have some of said baklava and rugelach...
Click your heels three times! (Or PM me your snail mail addy and some will be yours.)

I'm a bit down in the dumps today... anyone have a calorie-free cookie to cheer me up? You all wouldn't believe the latest installment in the soap opera that my life has become. A box of biscotti to anyone who makes the correct guess (hint: truth IS stranger than fiction).

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm a bit down in the dumps today... anyone have a calorie-free cookie to cheer me up? You all wouldn't believe the latest installment in the soap opera that my life has become. A box of biscotti to anyone who makes the correct guess (hint: truth IS stranger than fiction).
I am not going to attempt a guess Ellen, but I am thinking of you and Ben. Here is a virtual "Harry's Chocolate Chip Cookie" cookie for you. No calories and 100% guaranteed to lift one out of the dumps. :hug: Do you want to come to the Star Wars viewing at my place on Friday? Everyone who is anyone will be there. :darth: :chewy: :yoda:

disneydeb
06-19-2007, 09:44 AM

I made cookies last night! I would gladly send you one, but when I got up this AM they were all gone!:mad:

What could have happened to those cookies?

I have no guesses about what is bringing you down, but I care enough to offer you a hug :hug: and a coupon for a cookie from my next batch!:) Wish I could do more!

disneydrmr
06-19-2007, 09:49 AM

How about we all come to your house and we'll all bake cookies together? Would that cheer you up? (at least until you see the mess I'm sure we'll make! :D) I'm also not gonna attempt a guess.. as one whose life is also stranger than fiction I would probably shock you with what I could come up with.. so would a hug :hug: suffice?

Do you want to come to the Star Wars viewing at my place on Friday? Everyone who is anyone will be there.

Seems your Star Wars viewing event has a bit of competition in Texas... there's a Austin Powers viewing going on the same night...

I made cookies last night! I would gladly send you one, but when I got up this AM they were all gone!:mad:

What could have happened to those cookies?

Hmmm.. anyone know where Alex is??????

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Seems your Star Wars viewing event has a bit of competition in Texas... there's a Austin Powers viewing going on the same night...No disrespect to the lovely Christine...but, you call that competition? You need to spend more movie nights at my house baby! :thumbsup:

Christine
06-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Question for Christine - if somebody offered you a million dollars but you had to complete one of two tasks - camping or watching all 6 Star Wars movies - which would you choose?

Hmmmmmm.... And setting my own hair on fire is not one of the choices? Can I get back to you? :scratch:

:cry: I think I'm gonna cry... I'm loved, I'm really really loved! I go from no invites for the weekend to two! So, now the question is - who's serving the best snacks? Ken? Can DDT get me from Ohio to Texas to Canada all in one night?

Jenn would probably beat me on snacks. I am trying to purposefully keep the cupboards bare so as not to have any temptation!!

You could rob Nat's bank...I'm sure she'd "look the other way" if you footed the bill for her trip too! :whistle:

I am sorry you are blue, Ellen. Do you have to go camping? Do I win the box of biscotti?

Do you want to come to the Star Wars viewing at my place on Friday? Everyone who is anyone will be there. :darth: :chewy: :yoda:

Hey!

Christine
06-19-2007, 10:08 AM
No disrespect to the lovely Christine...but, you call that competition?

:humph: Well I never!

I'm too upset to pose a question...is that okay?

mtown71
06-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Nope...I was deemed too young to go see it when it first came out. I had to sit at home with my dad while everyone else got to go. Hmmmmm..does it sound like I am still bitter about it? Do I now have to sit through the telling of the story?

:fresh:

Not if you don't want your ankles bit. :D She's a bit sensitive about the small size of her doggies...(MAN! the fun I could've had with this one if this wasn't a family friendly site!:D)

Hmmm.. did the dog eat my question?

Same as above. Di, I just can't help it if you are jealous of my adorable Riley-Roo-Roo.

Ellen, sorry to hear that you are down in the dumps. I doubt I would be able to guess but pixie dust & prayers are on the way.
Jasper, Sorry to hear that your mom is still having a lot of problems & that your back is still hurting. Pixie & prayers are on the way for you too!
I really don't want to go into work tonight. We were so busy last night & I don't know if I can face another day. Can I borrow the monkey & the goat to tear the place up?
Oh, that reminds me..while driving to work on Saturday, I saw a pink car with Molly Maids on it. Alex, are you trying to rip off the idea of Merry Maids & what were you doing in OH?

offwego
06-19-2007, 10:26 AM
I've been known to speak crab on ocassion (or was that I've been known to be crabby on ocassion?). Anyway, no on the phone number... sigh. I've given up on that account now that I've put on so much weight again (sigh).
How many would you like I have a dozen!!! And your Mr. Right (or Mr. Right now) is out there Ellen, there are plenty of people who know better then to worry about the outside when you live with the person's outlook on life and it's impact on yours everyday.

You could rob Nat's bank...I'm sure she'd "look the other way" if you footed the bill for her trip too! :whistle:
Not so much..I personally don't work in a part of the bank that has money..it's just offices not even an ATM. Will file folders help at all?

dlpmikki
06-19-2007, 11:00 AM
It doesn't seem to be a good day all round :(

I'm supposed to be on a train on my way down to London but the trains are up the shute so I am going to try travelling down in the morning - all a bit of a rush and a bit hot and bothered in my Ascot gear. Sigh. I may have to come back on the same day so it is going to be a very long one! May still be able to stay with my friend - we are just trying to work out logistics of where I can leave any bags.

Ellen - sorry you are feeling blue. Is this to do with the other problem you were trying to sort out for someone else?

Christine - you have not lived until you have seen the original Star Wars films. I'm afraid we will have to send you on some more camps until you agree to watch them and learn to live them!

offwego
06-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm supposed to be on a train on my way down to London but the trains are up the shute so I am going to try travelling down in the morning - all a bit of a rush and a bit hot and bothered in my Ascot gear. Sigh. I may have to come back on the same day so it is going to be a very long one! May still be able to stay with my friend - we are just trying to work out logistics of where I can leave any bags.
Up the shute? Are they stuck in a tunnel? And the mental image of cars full of ladies in fancy suits and hats is quite funny.

While we are having a bad day does anyone have exam pixie dust? I have to write one on entrepreneurial studies this evening. Feeling mostly good about it but a little jittery now that it is getting closer.

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2007, 12:02 PM
:pixie: and a :beer: in case the :pixie: doesn't work to calm the nerves. Don't worry about it... 'cause that wont help you. I haven't taken an exam since I took the tests for my insurance designations.... My problem is that I NEVER worry about things like that.... I only worry about things I have absolutely NO control over ... ya know World peace, train schedules... Did that help?

offwego
06-19-2007, 12:17 PM
:pixie: and a :beer: in case the :pixie: doesn't work to calm the nerves. Don't worry about it... 'cause that wont help you. I haven't taken an exam since I took the tests for my insurance designations.... My problem is that I NEVER worry about things like that.... I only worry about things I have absolutely NO control over ... ya know World peace, train schedules... Did that help?

Somewhat..I have to admit I keep taking exams all the time. I finally finished one designation and am now (with this course I'm finishing) starting on another. If they are prepared to pay for it why not after all?

But I think I'll have the beer later. But I will be able to grab a starbucks on my way in so that's a positive thing to look forward to. Is everyone else off chasing Corgi's?

Can you control Go trains Jenn? That's some pretty powerful thoughts if you can.

marlyn
06-19-2007, 12:46 PM

I have some yummy low cal cookies here for you Ellen. In fact, they are magical weight loss cookies and guaranteed to pick up your spirits :D As for guessing the latest installment in your soap? I'm at a loss. Can I have some biscotti anyhow? I hope whatever it is, that it clears up soon for you!

I Do you want to come to the Star Wars viewing at my place on Friday? Everyone who is anyone will be there. :darth: :chewy: :yoda:

Well, I don't want to be noone so...count me in!

So, how is everyone's Tuesday going? I am sitting here in jammies. trying to get up the energy to accomplish something. Why am I so tired? Need more coffee..... :mcoffee:

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2007, 01:08 PM
:hi: Lynne! Even if you were not an every one -- you could NEVER be a no one!! Come on over!! :bolt:

Nat, I have NO control over the trains.... actually I am thankful I do not.... what a mess!!

My little bookstore has been closed for 2 months for renovations....I really miss it!! I still have an abundance to choose from, but one gets used to one's own shop, does one not? It took me twice as long to find a new book!!

offwego
06-19-2007, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;1325839Nat, I have NO control over the trains.... actually I am thankful I do not.... what a mess!!
[/QUOTE]

I don't know there were days where making the doors magically stay open for an extra 30 seconds would have been handy.

2 months for reno's is quite the long time isn't it? Have to admit to a bit on online habit myself for books. I'll treat myself to something after the exam though. A book is my carrot for completing it. (mind you I make it a business book how lame is that?)

Riri529
06-19-2007, 03:47 PM

Click your heels three times! (Or PM me your snail mail addy and some will be yours.)

Ellen I cannot even venture a guess, but know that you are on my mind. I am sending you and Ben all of my good wishes!!:hug::pixie:

How about a box of Low cal, low carb Biscotti? Perhaps I may even drive it down to Brooklyn, myself.

Oh, that reminds me..while driving to work on Saturday, I saw a pink car with Molly Maids on it. Alex, are you trying to rip off the idea of Merry Maids & what were you doing in OH?

Alex, is she saying that you're a neat freak? Wherever would anyone get that idea?;)

Christine - you have not lived until you have seen the original Star Wars films. I'm afraid we will have to send you on some more camps until you agree to watch them and learn to live them!
Mikki,
Perhaps we should send Christine to a Star Wars Camp. Do you think we would be able to find on?:yoda::darth::ewok:

So, how is everyone's Tuesday going? I am sitting here in jammies. trying to get up the energy to accomplish something. Why am I so tired? Need more coffee..... :mcoffee:

Tuesday is going great! It is a beautiful day today! Anyone want to join me for some sunbathing by the pool?

alpro2
06-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh, Jen...I would never forget about Galactic Hero Babe, Banker Babe, Belle Babe, and I forgot what Lynne's Babe name is.

Did you give him any cookies? If you want Alex to remember you you must give him a daily bag of cookies....
You have learned much young Jedi. :darth:

Deb - still upset over the Orlando Bloomers wise cracks?

Alex, is she saying that you're a neat freak? Wherever would anyone get that idea?;)

Mikki,
Perhaps we should send Christine to a Star Wars Camp. Do you think we would be able to find on?:yoda::darth::ewok:

Neat freak? I see no freak here! ;)

Stars Wars Camp....now that's a good idea.

Hey Maria....are those blue stars under your name? Congrats on 1,000!

Nascfan
06-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Way to go on 1,000 Maria! :thumbsup:

I'm much to tired to catch up on all the posts. Can I just have a cookie?

marlyn
06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
:hi: Lynne! Even if you were not an every one -- you could NEVER be a no one!! Come on over!! :bolt:

Awww shucks :blush: On my way!

Tuesday is going great! It is a beautiful day today! Anyone want to join me for some sunbathing by the pool?

That sounds perfect. I have zero energy. Do you think I am coming down wiht something? Would cookies help? I just had 2 white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Yummm

I forgot what Lynne's Babe name is.

Beach Babe chaecking in. :D

I hear ya....exhausted here. Cookies all around!

ElenitaB
06-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the nice thoughts. I feel slightly better but there are some MAJOR legal issues to be dealt with.

How about a box of Low cal, low carb Biscotti? Perhaps I may even drive it down to Brooklyn, myself.
You're always welcome but please bring the Molly Maids with you. ;-> In the meantime, think about coming to the NYC Meet (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107733). Bring the kids too... Ben will be there.

Mikki,
Perhaps we should send Christine to a Star Wars Camp. Do you think we would be able to find one? :yoda: :darth: :ewok:
Star Wars Camp is a brilliant idea. If the fan turnout at Star Wars Weekends is any indication, entire families would go.

Anyone have leftovers from dinner? I'm too lazy to cook tonight.

marlyn
06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the nice thoughts. I feel slightly better but there are some MAJOR legal issues to be dealt with.

:pixie: I hope your problems get solved soon!

As for dinner. Sorry, I was also too lazy and we went to Subway! I still have cookies though. Would you like one?

mtown71
06-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Deb - still upset over the Orlando Bloomers wise cracks?
Nah, way beyond that....I know it is just jealousy ruling your brain over Orlando. I just saw a pink car & assumed it was yours since you have this strange fascination with pink. So, are you saying it really wasn't you?????:confused::scratch:

I agree with you, Scott. We were so busy tonight. I don't even know if I can manage the drive home. Want me to share my peanut butter cookies with you???

Maria...congrats on the 1,000 posts..let's see how long it takes the 2 of us to hit 2,000!!!

Ellen, hope things start working out for you. Hang in there! :hug:

drummerboy
06-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Just zooping in to say "hey".

"Hey."

How's everybody?

Beast_fanatic
06-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Congrats on 1000, Maria! :cheer:

:hug: to anyone that needs one!

Ellen, I wish I could come to the NY Meet, but I'll almost certainly be working that weekend. :(

Hey Ken. Just thought you might want a Hey back. Is it just me, or are you letting this cruise (thread) run a little longer than normal? Not that I want to abandon ship or anything.

alpro2
06-20-2007, 07:04 AM
I just saw a pink car & assumed it was yours since you have this strange fascination with pink. So, are you saying it really wasn't you?????:confused::scratch:

Sorry, that wasn't me in the Molly Maids car....I drive the pink Mary Kay car. :D

Just zooping in to say "hey".

Isn't zoop something you eat with a spoon? (sounds like soup...get it?) (don't you have when you have to explain great jokes? :D)

Ellen, I wish I could come to the NY Meet, but I'll almost certainly be working that weekend. :(

Excuses, excuses! ;)

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Is it just me, or are you letting this cruise (thread) run a little longer than normal? Not that I want to abandon ship or anything.
Stand by. We'll drop anchor pretty soon and set off for a new adventure.

Everybody ready for Mittwoch?

Jasper
06-20-2007, 08:17 AM

You may have already answered this elsewhere, but since I have been away from the thread for a few weeks I have to ask, what is Mittwoch?

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 09:10 AM

What - are you too tired to get up and get yourself a cookie? Poor thing, your daughter ain't there to get up and get it for you so you have to come here and see if one of us will take pity on you and bring it to you...:D;) (hands Scott two cookies)"here buddy!"

:hug: Ongoing hugs for you. Hope everything works out quickly.

I have tons of leftovers. I have a Turkey Skillet dish I made the other night.. pretty good.. ground turkey, can of crushed tomatos, can of tomato sauce, onions, green peppers, and elbow macaroni (a homemade turkey helper!)

I agree with you, Scott. We were so busy tonight. I don't even know if I can manage the drive home. Want me to share my peanut butter cookies with you???

If your brother in law knew you were giving your peanut butter cookies away to other people I think he would be a bit upset. :fit: Do you have any left?

Just zooping in to say "hey"

Zoop? Did you possibly mean "Swoop"? I think you've been wearing your liederhausen a bit too tight...

Sorry, that wasn't me in the Molly Maids car....I drive the pink Mary Kay car.

Now THAT explains A LOT!!!!!:D

Ready for whatsoch? Hey! If we are abandoning ship, can we take a space ship next? Stitch really really really wants to pilot the Big Red Battleship (the BRB).... (for all who have not seen LeRoy and Stitch, this reference will be lost on you... since we are having Star Wars screenings and Austin Powers screenings this weekend, I will host a Stitch marathon screening at my house next weekend...:stitch:)

Dsnygirl
06-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Boy, are you guys hard to keep up with!! I can hold my own on the wknds., but get you guys back to work and this ship moves FAST!! My poor eyes are worn out... :D

How is everybody today?? Only two more days to go before the weekend - :thumbsup: - unfortunately for me, I'm working Fri, Sat & Sun nights, so not much of a weekend for me. :( My DH is shuffleing off to Buffalo with the girls to visit his mom for the weekend - at least they'll be having fun! (And I'll have the house to myself when I get up... hmmm... peace & quiet while I drink my coffee on the porch... maybe it won't be so bad... :blush:)

maybe someday we will meet up at WDW! :mickey:

Like in October??? ;)

Hey Maria....are those blue stars under your name? Congrats on 1,000!
Congrats on 1,000, Maria!!! :party:

?????

mtown71
06-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Sorry, that wasn't me in the Molly Maids car....I drive the pink Mary Kay car. :D

Isn't zoop something you eat with a spoon? (sounds like soup...get it?) (don't you have when you have to explain great jokes? :D)
Yep, the Mary Kay car tells me a lot about you. Hmmmm.... Great joke? Does anyone see a great joke? Keep trying Alex...think the pink is ruining your sense of humor.

If your brother in law knew you were giving your peanut butter cookies away to other people I think he would be a bit upset. :fit: Do you have any left?

Shhhh...don't tell..they weren't homemade...just nutter butters!!!!:blush:
Has anyone figured out where Ken is taking us??

mtown71
06-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Ken, is our new destination somewhere in Germany? Does that mean all the JQ guys have to wear the liederhausen? :bolt::hide2::hide:

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 10:03 AM
How is everybody today?? Only two more days to go before the weekend - :thumbsup: - unfortunately for me, I'm working Fri, Sat & Sun nights, so not much of a weekend for me. :( My DH is shuffleing off to Buffalo with the girls to visit his mom for the weekend - at least they'll be having fun! (And I'll have the house to myself when I get up... hmmm... peace & quiet while I drink my coffee on the porch... maybe it won't be so bad... :blush:)

Sorry you don't really get to enjoy the weekend... but the peace and quiet I'm sure will be nice for you. Hmmm.. so your house will be empty in the evenings? (whispering to the others.. hey - do we have need of a party house this weekend? :D)

. Hmmmm.... Great joke? Does anyone see a great joke?

Shhhh...don't tell..they weren't homemade...just nutter butters!!!!:blush:

Hmmm... nope, I'm not seeing a great joke either... do you think the goat ate it? Or maybe the Monkey hid it with the rum?

Ohhhh.. nutter butters.. that's even worse as it's one of his favorite cookies... you better have saved some for him. You don't want a grouchy BIL hanging around do you?

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Does that mean all the JQ guys have to wear the liederhausen? :bolt::hide2::hide:

:scared: Now THAT'S a scary thought. We'd better find the rum - I think us ladies will need it! Anyone have some monkey bait?

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Thought I'd get us ready for the next leg of the journey. Mittwoch is literally 'mid-week' in German, and is their word for Wednesday.

Now...

All of you who read your history books, and some of us who were there when it happened, should remember that they put a monkey into space before they put humans up there. So, since we have our own resident JQ monkey and some unnamed person wants to blast off into space...

Everybody ready to blast off?

Hang on....