PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions--Pirates' Hospital/Cookie Cruise.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

offwego
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Yes.... I am not included in that group, however, as I have no ability nor desire.

All such easy things to convey using this medium. :D

Anyone ever try an Iced Cap? I am undecided.... but I think I like my coffee the same way I like my men... hot. :funny::fresh:
A real one or a timmies version? the timmies ones are awful for you (mind you a little bad is ok now and then). I personally like iced expresso straightup(ie chilled but not on ice) with a tiny tiny shot of cream (like a dribble so it still looks like dark choc). MMM must go find some now.

disneydrmr
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I am undecided.... but I think I like my coffee the same way I like my men... hot. :funny::fresh:

So, you make poor Brian sleep with no air condition, no fans, and a pile of blankets, including an electric one, on him? Poor poor Brian....:D

Mickey'sGirl
06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
A real one or a timmies version? It was a Timmies...maybe that's my trouble. I was drawn in by the offer of "mint" (mint is right up there with cinnamon in my opinion!) I got it without any whipped cream... but I dunno... Should I try elsewhere?

So, you make poor Brian sleep with no air condition, no fans, and a pile of blankets, including an electric one, on him? Poor poor Brian....:DHey. He does that to himself! (except when I'm trying to smother the snoring :sleepin: )

disneydeb
06-07-2007, 03:50 PM
A snoring problem? Use pillows- Many Many Pillows!:D

offwego
06-07-2007, 03:58 PM
It was a Timmies...maybe that's my trouble. I was drawn in by the offer of "mint" (mint is right up there with cinnamon in my opinion!) I got it without any whipped cream... but I dunno... Should I try elsewhere?
Hey. He does that to himself! (except when I'm trying to smother the snoring :sleepin: )

Yes indeed you should try elsewhere (for the coffee not the guy Brian seems pretty cool).

Starbucks or Second cup, not the blended thing (IE not a milkshake like item) and go for an iced coffee product..ask them to add a mint shot (or cin) if you like they can put that in anything for like .30 cents.

So where did we leave the supply of questions?

Nascfan
06-07-2007, 04:22 PM
That, my friend, is the beauty of this system. :spy:

Have you and your DD been :golf: yet?

Buckeye Babe is correct, she's been golfing, I've been swinging....at air, the ground, just about anything but the ball. :blush:
I can't believe they leave on the 17th for South Carolina for their golf school trip.

How many pillows does it take to stop a snoring problem?

disneydrmr
06-07-2007, 04:31 PM
A snoring problem? Use pillows- Many Many Pillows!:D

On whose head? :D

How many pillows does it take to stop a snoring problem?

Depends - are they the light fluffy pillows or the thick hard pillows?

I've found that a swift 'accidental' kick in the side stops snoring in it's tracks! :D

disneydrmr
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
So where did we leave the supply of questions?

Either the goat ate them or the monkey has hidden them in the same place he hid the rum. Anyone wanna check and see if the goat has question breath?

offwego
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Buckeye Babe is correct, she's been golfing, I've been swinging....at air, the ground, just about anything but the ball. :blush:
I can't believe they leave on the 17th for South Carolina for their golf school trip.

How many pillows does it take to stop a snoring problem? more then I own.

Depends - are they the light fluffy pillows or the thick hard pillows?

I've found that a swift 'accidental' kick in the side stops snoring in it's tracks! :D
Also good is a little pinch by the way.

Either the goat ate them or the monkey has hidden them in the same place he hid the rum. Anyone wanna check and see if the goat has question breath?
Alex where are you? We have a job for you! Is Christine already camping? Where'd she go.

Oh and Ken in response to your wake up call..I was at a breakfast meeting with Lawyers. (ok and some accountants and clearly those banker people) so I was awake technically..and then they talked..and then there was coffee and then I came here and there were more lawyers. Are you guys ever happy about anything??? Maybe they need ponytails. Mind you we did have an accountant with a mullet and tubesocks. A fashion faux pas indeed.

Dsnygirl
06-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Jeepers... I'm gone for only 12 hours... you guys are hard to catch up with!!

All right everybody, wake up! What are all you slug-a-beds doing? We've got posts to make, people to dub, ships to sail, and food to eat.

Come on, move it, move, move it...
Hey now... I was up (and none too happy about it) at 6:30 this morning... NOT a morning person at all...

Are you kidding me? Do you even know what kind of a morning person you're messing with? I don't do mornings!

Wait til October at the meet...you'll see, I'll be the one that doesn't do anything before 2pm, but will be fussing with everyone who wants to call it quits by 2 am! :D
I'm right there with you, Christine... must be why I enjoy my job so much. I had a bumper sticker on my bed in college that said "I may rise, but I REFUSE to shine!" :D My DH is the opposite... quite happy to turn the light out at 10 and get up at 5:30 or 6am. Ugh. How we've made it all these years without killing each other is a miracle... maybe it's my job... ;)

Just jumping in blind here. Have I missed much?

I have been busy. had a friend come visit for last few days and have been shopping and having a lot of fun.
Sure, sure... friends stop by and we're just pushed aside... who would want to shop and have some fun over sitting and typing all day??? :D
Glad you're back online... :)

So with all the "BB" names, if we call somebody BB to shorten it up, how will we know who we're talking to?

Well, I guess we'll have to resort to "BB1" and "BB2" and "BB3" and so on and so forth... although I believe someone already laid official claim to the "BB" nickname.. maybe Blythe?

Blythe already has a B in her regular name, so would that make her a BBB?
Yup... that'd be me... well, "BB" at least... "BBB" gets a little tongue-tied'ish...

Anyone ever try an Iced Cap? I am undecided.... but I think I like my coffee the same way I like my men... hot.
:rotfl: :funny: Hmmm... what does that say about me?? I loved Iced Cap's...

How was everyone's day? We had a great time at Julia's picnic... we went on a nature hike, took out paddle boats, played games and swam in the pool... and had BBQ for lunch. We also got to celebrate her b'day, since she's an August baby and they're not in school yet then... she had a great time, and it was a fun day. But, I'm tired now - and I'm off to work tonight!! :( Time for some serious coffee...

Anyone going to be around later??

disneydeb
06-07-2007, 06:11 PM

:DWhen the snorer is face up....HIS

When the snoree needs relief .....around her ears!

Am I going to be charged with being sexist?

pjbs35a
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
All right everybody, wake up! What are all you slug-a-beds doing? We've got posts to make, people to dub, ships to sail, and food to eat.

Come on, move it, move, move it...

Why are you shouting ??? I have been up for all of two hours. Secret Agent :spy: business takes place at night.

Have you heard Paris is out and at home ??? All my work paid off. Did you see my interview ??? It didn't look like me because of the :spy: costume.

Christine
06-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Is Christine already camping? Where'd she go.

Shhhhh! I'm hiding! :hide2: I don't want the church to find me and make me go! :covered:

How could I get dismissed from this? I was thinking about going to the planning meeting Sunday afternoon and announcing that I volunteer to bring the :beer:!

I had a bumper sticker on my bed in college that said "I may rise, but I REFUSE to shine!"

I LOVE that! I need to have that made into a shirt!

pjbs35a
06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Anybody care to guess where I will be from 8-10 tonight ???

A little hint: Sonic Drive-In is serving free Root :beer: Floats. I may need medical attention around 9:45.

Riri529
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Shhhhh! I'm hiding! :hide2: I don't want the church to find me and make me go! :covered:

How could I get dismissed from this? I was thinking about going to the planning meeting Sunday afternoon and announcing that I volunteer to bring the :beer:!

I LOVE that! I need to have that made into a shirt!

You can run, but you can't hide, Christine! What were you thinking when you volunteered for this "mission"? Perhaps your gall bladder will act up--oh wait I forgot, you're gallbladderless!;)

drummerboy
06-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Mind you we did have an accountant with a mullet and tubesocks. A fashion faux pas indeed.
Indeed! the mullet or the tubesocks, but not both together.

Next time you get a room full of lawyers like that, look out the window and say "Oh look, an accident" and see how fast they race through the door.

Or you could say, "Is this the trip where we do the snake handling? Can I bring my rattlers? I have enough to go around."

A little hint: Sonic Drive-In is serving free Root :beer: Floats. I may need medical attention around 9:45.
DDIVRB (Drummerboy Discount IV Root Beer) will be there!

Nascfan
06-07-2007, 08:17 PM

Ooo! Is it too late? Can I come too?

Blythe, try to stay awake tonight. Glad you had fun at the picnic.

Bert's Babe, could you say "where do I put the bear food?"

Dsnygirl
06-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Blythe, try to stay awake tonight.
I'll do my best... anybody have some espresso they can send my way?? :mcoffee:

Mmm!! Sounds good!! About the medical attention... unless you're having a baby, I'm sorry, but I wasn't schooled in "rootbeer float overload." :D
Anybody know the cure for that?? :medic:

Christine
06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
You can run, but you can't hide, Christine! What were you thinking when you volunteered for this "mission"? Perhaps your gall bladder will act up--oh wait I forgot, you're gallbladderless!;)

I thought it was just regular VBS at the church! But I won't give up hope...I still have some other things left....hmmm, maybe my appendix could start acting up and then I can be excused!

you could say, "Is this the trip where we do the snake handling? Can I bring my rattlers? I have enough to go around."

Oooo, I like that! Or maybe I could just tell them I know "people" :spy: (whadda ya say, Frankie? You up for a little intimidation work???) FRANKIE! Get your head out of that root :beer: float and listen to me!!

mtown71
06-07-2007, 10:44 PM

Hmmm..too bad you weren't at my workplace tonight. One of my co-workers brought in vanilla ice cream & root beer. We certainly used all of it up! (sorry Frankie!) You also would have been in the right place to handle the overdose!
What is with all this talk about the girls smothering their husbands with pillows? When did ya'll get this violent?:confused:

Beast_fanatic
06-08-2007, 12:17 AM
My deepest sympathies go out to Ellen and family right now. Hugs to you my friend!

How do I think of a question after that? :(

We've been very lenient in the questions following sympathies arena.

You know, I completely forgot about that. Of course, I couldn't have one anyway. :( Was it good?

Dsnygirl
06-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Hi everybody!! Just thought I'd try Ken's trick... did anyone wake up?? Or even just roll over in their sleep??

All is well here in JQ land on the night watch... the monkey is sleeping, the goat is watching guard over the rum... or is the goat sleeping, and the monkey is watching guard...??? Okay - it's late... I'm getting a little confused... and no, I'm not into the rum... :D

alpro2
06-08-2007, 06:58 AM
You know, I completely forgot about that. Of course, I couldn't have one anyway. :( Was it good?
What about sugar free ice cream with diet Root Beer?

Originally Posted by offwego
Alex where are you? We have a job for you!

Sorry Banker Babe, I have too many jobs already. Do you think it is easy to be second-to-head bottle washer?

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Did you see my interview ??? It didn't look like me because of the :spy: costume. I really liked the blond extensions Frankie. Hot.

Sorry Banker Babe, I have too many jobs already.
I remember a certain somebody who was assigned some jobs by his beloved before Christmas, who was resting on his couch whilst Intercotting.... Having jobs and doing them are two different things..... ;)

Is it beautiful everywhere this morning, or just here? :sun:

disneydrmr
06-08-2007, 09:07 AM
How was everyone's day? We had a great time at Julia's picnic... we went on a nature hike, took out paddle boats, played games and swam in the pool... and had BBQ for lunch. We also got to celebrate her b'day, since she's an August baby and they're not in school yet then... she had a great time, and it was a fun day.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day with Julia! I haven't paddle boated for a long time! Used to LOVE it! Hey Ken! Are there any paddle boats stashed on the Pearl for us?

When the snorer is face up....HIS

When the snoree needs relief .....around her ears!

Am I going to be charged with being sexist?

Nope - as long as you get a female judge you'll get off scott free! :D

Have you heard Paris is out and at home ??? All my work paid off.

Have you heard she's been called back to court.... I guess you'll be going back to work for her...

Or, you could take in a picture of Ken dressed in his leiderhausen sitting behind his drum :drummer: and tell them you found the entertainment for the night! :D

A little hint: Sonic Drive-In is serving free Root Floats. I may need medical attention around 9:45.

Man! I forgot about this also! That float would've tasted yummy with a serving of their Tater tots covered with chili! So, how many did you drink?

Next time you get a room full of lawyers like that, look out the window and say "Oh look, an accident" and see how fast they race through the door.

:rotfl: I guess this is along the lines of telling the cop who pulled you over "Hey - look, that store over there is offering free donuts".. and seeing how fast he decides you don't need a ticket after all and leaves you alone.

Mmm!! Sounds good!! About the medical attention... unless you're having a baby, I'm sorry, but I wasn't schooled in "rootbeer float overload."
Anybody know the cure for that??

Depends.. does the patient also have a brain freeze from the ice cream?

I thought it was just regular VBS at the church! But I won't give up hope...I still have some other things left....hmmm, maybe my appendix could start acting up and then I can be excused!

Let's see - appendix? Yep, that would be a good excuse... you still have your heart - that's always a sure fire way out of something... Kidney? you could claim kidney infection or kidney stones... how about allergies? THAT would be a REAL good excuse for not being outside!!!!

What is with all this talk about the girls smothering their husbands with pillows? When did ya'll get this violent?:confused:

When we started losing sleep due to snoring husbands?

Hi everybody!! Just thought I'd try Ken's trick... did anyone wake up?? Or even just roll over in their sleep??

Hmmmm... and I thought I was just dreaming that someone shouted out hi....

Sorry Banker Babe, I have too many jobs already. Do you think it is easy to be second-to-head bottle washer?

Probably not as easy as your job being Head Bottle Emptier... :D

offwego
06-08-2007, 09:07 AM
I wish it would work, very few of the ones I get the pleasure of working with do court work or accident work. Estate, Real Estate, Corp. FUN FUN FUN let me tell you. Maybe if yelled "look a sale sign"? Or a shareholder dispute? Can you see a shareholder dispute? A estate freeze evaluation? (cause that would get the mullet and the lawyer no?) HMM this could have possibilites. Would look there goes Paris Hilton work?

Bert's Babe, could you say "where do I put the bear food?" Or where do we set up for high stakes poker game?

I'll do my best... anybody have some espresso they can send my way?? :mcoffee:

Did you find your expresso?

I suspect yes...since there's enough time left over for all your other activities

I remember a certain somebody who was assigned some jobs by his beloved before Christmas, who was resting on his couch whilst Intercotting.... Having jobs and doing them are two different things..... ;)

resting...wouldn't you need to get tired out by activity first to rest? Or was it the typing that was so draining?

drummerboy
06-08-2007, 10:21 AM
1. Hey Ken! Are there any paddle boats stashed on the Pearl for us?

2. Or, you could take in a picture of Ken dressed in his leiderhausen sitting behind his drum :drummer: and tell them you found the entertainment for the night! :D
1. We had a couple, but the goat ate holes in 'em.

2. My gosh, are you trying to shut the whole church down?

disneydrmr
06-08-2007, 11:49 AM

We are expecting SEVERE storms today.... high straightline winds and damaging hail... should be a fun afternoon!

But hey! Where are you? You asked about food samples yesterday.. well, we have some today.. and they must've known that someone from JQ was asking cause they are COOKIES!!!! That's right - we have Thaw and serve individually wrapped cookies in my office to sample. I have a 'tower' of them right now on my desk.. 4 different kinds.. Chocolate chip, Reese Pieces chips, Snickerdoodles and A cherry chocolate chip!!! YUM!!! The sales staff all have 1 of each kind in their mail boxes.. I've been asking the ones that live far away if they are coming in today and if not can I take their cookies (that is how I've acquired my beautiful and wonderful smelling leaning tower of cookies!)... so if you want some come quick! There's still a few salespeople I have not hit up!!

1. We had a couple, but the goat ate holes in 'em.

2. My gosh, are you trying to shut the whole church down?

Hmmm.. could duck tape fix holes that a goat made?

Oops, never thought about it that way.. guess we better forgo the whole picture idea.. would hate to cause the whole congregation to run screaming in horror from the church! :D

offwego
06-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Hmmm.. could duck tape fix holes that a goat made?

Oops, never thought about it that way.. guess we better forgo the whole picture idea.. would hate to cause the whole congregation to run screaming in horror from the church! :D

Is it not duct tape? You know that you can't use on ducts? I know there's hockey tape, don't know about grass tape.

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 12:42 PM
But hey! Where are you? You asked about food samples yesterday.. well, we have some today.. and they must've known that someone from JQ was asking cause they are COOKIES!!!! Just no nuts (peanuts, almonds and JQ Crew excepted). Man -- we're supposed to get TStorms later today too...but in the interim, it is a really beautiful day out. The kids have a PA day, so they are out by a friends pool, enjoying the weather...while their poor Mommy toils away at work..... What kind of justice is that?
You know that you can't use on ducts? You can't? We tape up all our ducts in the basement, to force the cooled or heated air (depends on the season you see...) upstairs. What do you use on Ducts then? Electrical tape? Packing Tape??? Gift wrap Tape?? Hockey Tape??? 8-Track Tape?? :confused:
I saw a cute T-shirt once with a picture of Donald Duck all tangled up in Duct Tape having a hissy fit -- It simply said "Duck Tape". I'm done. That was my last thought. :)

offwego
06-08-2007, 01:01 PM
We tape up all our ducts in the basement, to force the cooled or heated air (depends on the season you see...) upstairs. What do you use on Ducts then? Electrical tape? Packing Tape??? Gift wrap Tape?? Hockey Tape??? 8-Track Tape?? :confused:
I saw a cute T-shirt once with a picture of Donald Duck all tangled up in Duct Tape having a hissy fit -- It simply said "Duck Tape". I'm done. That was my last thought. :)
Are you taping the outlet themselves or the actual duct work? If it's on the metal part it should be foil tape. (duct tape is bad cause it's got fabric and is thus potentially combustiable).

If your just taping over the vents in the room I don't know.
My basement vents are all on my ceiling but we can close them all with a little switch thing. Maybe that's what you need? Do you really need it in your new place? I find the system in ours is pretty even so I don't need to redirect it at all. In fact it works better (clicks on and off less) if I don't monkey about with it much. Guess that will get the utilities goat no?

disneydrmr
06-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Is it not duct tape?

You can't? We tape up all our ducts in the basement, to force the cooled or heated air (depends on the season you see...) upstairs. What do you use on Ducts then? Electrical tape? Packing Tape??? Gift wrap Tape?? Hockey Tape??? 8-Track Tape?? :confused:

yes, the proper spelling is duct tape.. but many many threads back we had a discussion of ducks and having all our ducks in a row by using DUCK tape to tape them up... hmmm... guess it was a location joke.. guess you had to be there.. but I thought you were a part of this thread before I was so you were probably there...so maybe you were on a coffee break when we had that discussion... who know!
I would love to get that shirt for my dh. He was once helping my church set up a tent for a tent revival and cut his finger quite severely.. the pastor used DUCT tape to bandage him up! No joke!

So, did the increasing winds blow my question right out of my post?

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Guess that will get the utilities goat no? ... or is it the monkey on our back?

We tape over the vents and close them. I have to offset the evil of my SUV!! :thedolls: We are very green in our consumption at home and make as many of the changes recommended by Suzuki as possible (that I can afford!!) -- so we tend to tape up, add ceiling fans, installed a programmable thermostat, compost, avoid pre-packaged goods, eat less meat, use fluorescent bulbs, have the Enerstar appliances (which run at night on timers), push mower etc etc etc.... Sorry... I don't mean to preach :soapbox: Our biggest issue with the new house is that we have to drive everywhere now. We used to walk but we are too far away from everything now (except the park) to do so! :(

What's on for the weekend? My neice is hanging with us tomorrow evening...so I'm looking forward to that! :princess:

Jasper
06-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Just checking in while I have a few minutes. I want to add my message of sympthy to Ellen.

Could you also all send a little pixie dust my way? My mother was put in the hospital two days ago with what appears to be congestive heart failure. I know that this is normally not immediately fatal, but for some reason they are having trouble getting the excess fluid to drain from around her heart. Instead of getting better, she is actually continuing to get worse. If they can't reverse this trend then it will be fatal in the next few weeks or less. Any Prayers you all can provide would be appreciated.

I will check in again when I can.

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 01:22 PM
:hi: Jasper. I hope that your mother is comfortable soon .. and :pixie: for her health. How are you doing? Don't forget to look after yourself too!

drummerboy
06-08-2007, 01:31 PM
That was my last thought. :)
Ever?

Jasper--:pixie: on the way.

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Ever?
You have no idea how tiring it is being me (NO -- Not tireSOME). :D

Is the monkey still on my back?

offwego
06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
... or is it the monkey on our back?

I don't mean to preach :soapbox: Our biggest issue with the new house is that we have to drive everywhere now. We used to walk but we are too far away from everything now (except the park) to do so! :(

What's on for the weekend? My neice is hanging with us tomorrow evening...so I'm looking forward to that! :princess:
I have a bbq to go to..We have the energy star appliances as well. Some of the new lightbulbs (converting as they go out). I'm not a prepackaged food person so that doesn't come up much...hmm maybe I should go study some more tips.

I would love to get that shirt for my dh. He was once helping my church set up a tent for a tent revival and cut his finger quite severely.. the pastor used DUCT tape to bandage him up! No joke!

So, did the increasing winds blow my question right out of my post? I told you tents were not safe (well I told Christine but you were here). We have a nasty storm right now too. (Jenn you should get it sooner or later!)

Could you also all send a little pixie dust my way? I will check in again when I can.
Jasper :pixie::pixie::pixie: on it's way for your Mother. I hope her condition improves soon.

You have no idea how tiring it is being me (NO -- Not tireSOME). :D

Is the monkey still on my back?
Can't tell. Was your shirt meant to look like that?

offwego
06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Did everyone run to CNN? Have a good weekend all!! See you next week.

alpro2
06-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Has everyone left for the day?

:pixie: to your mom, Jasper.

ElenitaB
06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi all! Thought I'd report back for duty now that we're back in NY and I've had treatment (that glowing you see off in the distance is radioactive me ;) ).

Jasper, plenty of :pixie: for your mom (my dad went through that same thing). Hope she improves soon.

Jen, have fun with your niece. It will be nice to have a girl around with all those boys, huh? How old is she?

Our weekend should be kind of quiet. There's a Native American festival I'd like to go to but Ben thinks it'll be boring (sigh). And tomorrow night is the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, so I think we'll be heading over there. Otherwise, it will be watching movies and catching up for me (and figuring out what paper work I have to file).

Great to see you all again! :hug:

pjbs35a
06-08-2007, 06:03 PM
We've been very lenient in the questions following sympathies arena.

Was IT good ??? A better question would have been, "Were THEY good ???"

Christine
06-08-2007, 06:27 PM
:hi: Ellen!

You have been on my mind so much these past few days...how are you? I hope everything went alright in Miami. Jeanne posted that your flight down was really rocky. I hope your treatment went well and that you will feel well this weekend!! :hug:

I am having a garage sale at a friend's house this weekend. I hate working them, but I love cleaning out clutter from my house and making some :spend: for Disney!!!

Have a good weekend, all!

Dsnygirl
06-08-2007, 06:31 PM
We are expecting SEVERE storms today.... high straightline winds and damaging hail... should be a fun afternoon!

But hey! Where are you? You asked about food samples yesterday.. well, we have some today.. and they must've known that someone from JQ was asking cause they are COOKIES!!!! That's right - we have Thaw and serve individually wrapped cookies in my office to sample. I have a 'tower' of them right now on my desk.. 4 different kinds.. Chocolate chip, Reese Pieces chips, Snickerdoodles and A cherry chocolate chip!!! YUM!!! ...so if you want some come quick!
We're supposed to get the storms tonight, too... you must be sending them our way...:(

But - because of those yummy cookies, you're forgiven!! Mmmm!!:D

What's on for the weekend? My neice is hanging with us tomorrow evening...so I'm looking forward to that!
I'm working again tonight, so sleeping in a bit tomorrow... but tomorrow night is date night and we're going to see POTC!! (Can you tell I'm excited??? :blush:) Not too much else going on for the weekend, but my DD5 graduates from kindergarten Monday... :sob:... so my MIL is coming into town for that and we've got a few things to do Sunday related to it. I can't believe she won't be a kindergartener anymore... :(

Could you also all send a little pixie dust my way? My mother was put in the hospital two days ago with what appears to be congestive heart failure. I know that this is normally not immediately fatal, but for some reason they are having trouble getting the excess fluid to drain from around her heart. Instead of getting better, she is actually continuing to get worse. If they can't reverse this trend then it will be fatal in the next few weeks or less. Any Prayers you all can provide would be appreciated.

Jasper, I'm so sorry to hear that... sending prayers and :pixie::pixie: your mom's way right away. Let us know how she's doing, and know we're all thinking of you...

Did everyone run to CNN? Have a good weekend all!! See you next week.
Where are YOU going this weekend, that you're deserting us?? Anywhere fun?? Can we come?? :D

Christine
06-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Jasper, I just read about your mother in Blythe's post. I am SO sorry she is ill! Try to stay positive and hopeful. My best friend's mother would experience the same exact thing in more than one of her episodes, but she managed to live a good life "between episodes" for many years, so it is possible!

I will be praying for her!

Wow! I just looked away from the computer monitor and my bedroom is completely dark! BIG storms are heading in...better go :hide2: with the dog!

Blythe, I am so glad you get to see POTC 3 tomorrow night! After you see it, tell me if I'm wrong to be crushing on Barbosa like I am, okay? :blush: :secret:

drummerboy
06-08-2007, 07:28 PM
1. Wow! I just looked away from the computer monitor and my bedroom is completely dark! BIG storms are heading in...better go :hide2: with the dog!

2. After you see it, tell me if I'm wrong to be crushing on Barbosa like I am, okay? :blush: :secret:
1. I always heard that dogs attract lightning. I'm sure that's just superstition though. :thedolls:

2. If women are crushing on Barbosa, maybe there's hope for me yet.

Frankie, did you get the RBIVs we sent?

Christine
06-08-2007, 08:26 PM
UGH! We just went out for dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse, and it was not an enjoyable experience!

We had just finished soup, and were beginning to enjoy our salads, when the cook handed the children at the table an egg to throw on the grill. He explained to all of them to throw it gently and underhanded!

My DD threw one...fine, then another older girl...fine. Then came her bratty little brother! He throws it as hard as he can and it skids across the grill and crashes into John's plate, salad, and then onto his side and lap! There are egg whites sliding off the table onto his leg and shoes.

Get this! The boy just laughed his head off! Then his parents said (in a baby-talk voice) to him, "Honey, you threw it just a little too hard baby doll." That's it!

Poor John, he had to move to another seat, as his dishes were all soaked in raw egg. The parents never apologized, nor did they ask the little boy to! John was FUMING mad and so was I!

Here's my question: Would you have said something?

John didn't...he didn't want to make a fuss. But I think he should have! Even on the SLIM chance that it was an honest mistake, they still could have apologized for it having happened at all!

The more I think of it, the more I wanna put a hurtin' on that little maggot! :mad: A $60 meal, ruined by a 6 year old! :mad:

Christine
06-08-2007, 08:28 PM
1. I always heard that dogs attract lightning. I'm sure that's just superstition though. :thedolls:

1. I'm sorry, did you just call me a DOG????

2. Not if you call them DOGS!!!

:pout:

trackbarroness
06-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Sorry about your ruined dinner cantgetenuff, but remember what goes around comes around. :thedolls: Shall we release the :thedolls:? Oh what where's JimmyC? He's the cotroller of the :thedolls: .
Speaking of JimmyC has anyone him recently? :cool: Aren't you glad I don't do a lot of posting? :D

drummerboy
06-08-2007, 08:59 PM
BIG storms are heading in...better go :hide2: with the dog!

2. Not if you call them DOGS!!!

:pout:
Not unless your dog thinks you're one, or unless John snuck in and made that first post.

Does somebody need some gingko biloba to help somebody's memory? :D

So, is everybody off doing things this weekend?

Dsnygirl
06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi all! Thought I'd report back for duty now that we're back in NY and I've had treatment (that glowing you see off in the distance is radioactive me ;) ).
Great to see you all again!
Ellen, I'm so glad you're back, safe & sound! (Even if you're glowing... hope your treatment went well... :))
I'm so sorry you had to go through the last few days - we've been thinking of you, and sending prayers your way. How is Ben?

Blythe, I am so glad you get to see POTC 3 tomorrow night! After you see it, tell me if I'm wrong to be crushing on Barbosa like I am, okay?
I'll be sure to stop by after we get home tomorrow night - I'm very curious about this whole new aspect of the movie now!! I can't wait!! (did I mention that?? :blush:)

:silly:

UGH! We just went out for dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse, and it was not an enjoyable experience!
The more I think of it, the more I wanna put a hurtin' on that little maggot! A $60 meal, ruined by a 6 year old! :mad:
Christine, I am SO sorry your dinner was ruined!! That is awful... I have seen so many situations like that, when parents actually think their kids are cute when something like that happens. :confused:
As far as would my DH have said anything? Probably not, although I'm sure he would have wanted to - but then again, maybe he would have, something along the lines of, "You know, your son could at least apologize... " But, we always seem to think of what we want to say (or wish we had said) after the fact. :(

I believe he was probably just mentioning the fact that hiding under the chair with your dog might be ill-advised... are you still under there?? :D We've got some nasty t'storms going on outside right now, too...

Well, I'm back at work... yawn... but not as tired as yesterday, as I got a decent sleep today. How's everyone else doing???

marlyn
06-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Hello there. :pixie: for Jasper's Mom. Hugs to Ellen....I see you are back here with us. :)

Tomorrow June 9th is my boys 12th Birthday. It is also Johnny Depp's Birthday. :D Shall we have a Pirate Birthday party? :pirate:

Dsnygirl
06-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Tomorrow June 9th is my boys 12th Birthday. It is also Johnny Depp's Birthday. :D Shall we have a Pirate Birthday party? :pirate:
Absolutely!! I shall celebrate by going to see Johnny in the theatre.... :D What should we serve?? (Besides rum, of course... lots and lots of rum...) Somebody better catch the monkey so he doesn't steal it all...

drummerboy
06-09-2007, 01:11 AM
OK, it's time to give it up and go to bed. I'll leave a wake up call.

Wake Up

Is that early enough for some of you wormy people? :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
06-09-2007, 01:13 AM

Wake Up

I'm up, already!! Jeepers, that was loud... I think you woke a few babies!! Do you volunteer to come feed them now??

Beast_fanatic
06-09-2007, 01:28 AM
What about sugar free ice cream with diet Root Beer?

Well, that's better than a real one, but there are still carbs in the sugar free ice cream (from the milk). Thanks for trying though.

Lots of :pixie: on the way to your mom! Please let us know how she is when you get a chance.

Wake Up

Can I have a wake up call when I haven't gone to sleep yet?

dlpmikki
06-09-2007, 04:19 AM
Something wrong here - your guys wake up calls are coming in at times that would be reasonable where I am! I'm with Rhonda - they should be go to sleep calls! :D

Welcome back Ellen! :hug:

Today I have a tennis match and tomorrow I am going to visit my aunt for lunch. I have also discovered this week that instead of helping someone else with a 'garden party' event it is now going to be at my place and be a decking party by the river! The things we do to help rebuild our church roof! Do you guys have '100 clubs' over there were folks pay in so much and then there is a draw each month/quarter where some of the money is paid out as prizes but the rest goes to the good cause? We are trying one for the first time this year and it seems quite successful.

Jasper - hope your mother improves and the treatment starts working better.

Christine - maybe John should have just asked the family for their address so he could send the cleaning bill to them? That might make them think twice about letting their little angel go crazy in future. :thedolls:

disneydeb
06-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Ellen, I'm glad you are back with us.:grouphug:

Jasper, I hope things go well for your mother. :pixie:

Christine, the egg tossing child :thedolls:should have been disciplined by his parents. If his parents won't take responsibility, would the restaurant do anything toward the cleaning bill or the ruined evening?

Nascfan
06-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Jasper, can you take some more :pixie: for your mom? Hope she's doing better.

Ellen, it's good to have you back. :hug:

Christine, that boy deserves some discipline from his parents!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Dsnygirl
06-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Good morning, all... [whispering to be quiet for all of us non-morning folk...]

I'm off to bed after what turned into a busy night around 5 am... hung 4 units of blood on a postpartum gal of mine, then did an emergency C-section on a woman who was on our ante-partum floor, 31 weeks pregnant and suddenly ruptured, dilated fully and was breech with toes peeking at us. Yipes!!

Hopefully, I'll be able to settle and sleep... it's always a little harder after the adrenaline gets going!!

What's everyone up to today? (Besides wondering what the heck is up with the weather... Thurs., it was 73... yesterday it was 95... today it's very cool now and only supposed to be 72 or 73!! Crazy!)

ElenitaB
06-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks, folks, for the welcome back! I'm feeling the love! :D

Happy birthday to your boys, Lynne! :party: :party: Hope they have a great time today!

I'd love to go see Johnny today to celebrate his bday. I know Ben wants to see Surf's Up, so maybe we'll sneak into PoTC afterwards to wish Johnny a happy bday. :blush:

I'm making Mickey pancakes for breakfast today and could be convinced to make Mickey waffles as well... a good cup of :coffee: would serve as nice bribe. Who wants want? Chocolate chips or blueberries? Reduced calorie, sugar free or regular syrup?

Later!

Dsnygirl
06-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm making Mickey pancakes for breakfast today and could be convinced to make Mickey waffles as well... a good cup of :coffee: would serve as nice bribe. Who wants want? Chocolate chips or blueberries? Reduced calorie, sugar free or regular syrup?

Okay, the Mickey :mickey: waffles brought me running back to the computer... here's a cup of my best Green Mountain Roasters Vermont Morning Blend coffee in exchange for some blueberry waffles and regular syrup?? Thanks, Ellen! Now I KNOW I'll sleep well, on a full and happy stomach... :D

Riri529
06-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Good morning, all... [whispering to be quiet for all of us non-morning folk...]

I'm off to bed after what turned into a busy night around 5 am... hung 4 units of blood on a postpartum gal of mine, then did an emergency C-section on a woman who was on our ante-partum floor, 31 weeks pregnant and suddenly ruptured, dilated fully and was breech with toes peeking at us. Yipes!!

Hopefully, I'll be able to settle and sleep... it's always a little harder after the adrenaline gets going!!

What's everyone up to today? (Besides wondering what the heck is up with the weather... Thurs., it was 73... yesterday it was 95... today it's very cool now and only supposed to be 72 or 73!! Crazy!)

Weather here looks like it's clearing after a cloudy morning. I will be spending the morning watching my DS play baseball. I must say he is absolutely adorable in that uniform! Can you tell that I am partial?:D
Probably heading to the pool this afternoon--hope to get some sun and some reading in.

Ellen, glad to see you back!:hug:

Jasper, prayers and pixie dust going out to your mom.:pixie:
Lynne, Happy Birthday to your boys!:party:
So, I hear we're having a party.
Has anybody found the monkey (and the rum)? If not, I have some tequilla left over from last night's soire. Will that do?:marg:

ElenitaB
06-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Blythe, that sounds like a scary night! Hope the waffles are lulling you to sleep right now. :cloud9:

Maria, I'd gladly take some of that tequila later this afternoon. It's supposed to be warm today here so a :marg: would be lovely in theory.

I think my question might be hiding with the rum. Has anyone seen it?

drummerboy
06-09-2007, 10:59 AM

Was that chocolate chips or blueberries in the coffee or on the waffles?

Like your new avatar. Is that from VMK? Looks like the ship in the Fantasyland shop section.

marlyn
06-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Absolutely!! I shall celebrate by going to see Johnny in the theatre.... :D What should we serve?? (Besides rum, of course... lots and lots of rum...) Somebody better catch the monkey so he doesn't steal it all...

I think Rum is good for us...and Jolly Rogers for the kids. Is Jolly Roger a drink? Or is that Roy Roger? For today it is Jolly Rogers for Pirate Party day! Arrrrrrrrrr

Wake Up

Alright, alright....I am up!

Happy birthday to your boys, Lynne! :party: :party: Hope they have a great time today!

I'd love to go see Johnny today to celebrate his bday.

I will pass on your Birthday wishes to my boys...and to Johnny (when he wakes up) ;)

So, I hear we're having a party.
Has anybody found the monkey (and the rum)? If not, I have some tequilla left over from last night's soire. Will that do?:marg:

Tequila might be ok....it is morning so we can have tequila sunrise.

Today is raining badly. We get to go play soccer it in. Yay! The we come back to celebrate with family since they had their party last weekend.

Yesterday my boys were in a quadratholon and they came 1st and 2nd in the long distance portion. They ran a mile in 5min 40sec for Scott and 5min 44sec for Adam.

Hope you all have a great day! Make sure you have some rum!

alpro2
06-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Did somebody say cookies?

Dsnygirl
06-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Blythe, that sounds like a scary night! Hope the waffles are lulling you to sleep right now. :cloud9:

Mmm... they were great... unfortunately, I was still awake when you were posting. :( Oh well - the coffee's starting to kick in now, and knowing that I'm off to POTC in an hour is about as good a jumpstart as I can think of... :D
I LOVE your new avatar!! What's up with all the new ones for you mods? PolyGirl40's is pretty funny... :)

I will pass on your Birthday wishes to my boys...and to Johnny (when he wakes up) ;)
Yesterday my boys were in a quadratholon and they came 1st and 2nd in the long distance portion. They ran a mile in 5min 40sec for Scott and 5min 44sec for Adam.
Hope you all have a great day! Make sure you have some rum!
:party: Happy Birthday to your boys!! :party: And congrats to them, too - they're doing awesome!! I hope they're having a great day...
I think we're out of rum here, so it'll have to be tequila... hmmm... we might be out of that too... (not a good sign...) Maybe I'll just pop open a bottle of wine!!

Now that you mention it - no!! Only pancakes, waffles, coffee, rum and tequila on the menu for today. Oh - and Jolly Rogers. Not a real healthy line-up, but bound to make you happy...

Did I mention I was going to see POTC tonight?? :joy:

dlpmikki
06-09-2007, 05:29 PM
If Mods are clever enough they can change their avatars - one of the perks! I am not very clever with avatars so i don't change mine very often at all! Emily did my last one of Figaro. Where do you think I got this one from? I like Polygirls too - very clever!

It was far too hot to be playing tennis today - think my nose and a few other parts of me have gone more than a little red despite sun lotion. :blush:

marlyn
06-09-2007, 07:14 PM

I have ranger cookies here. They are kind of like oatmeal and very yummy. Would you like some?

:party: Happy Birthday to your boys!! :party: And congrats to them, too - they're doing awesome!! I hope they're having a great day...
I think we're out of rum here, so it'll have to be tequila... hmmm... we might be out of that too... (not a good sign...) Maybe I'll just pop open a bottle of wine!!

Did I mention I was going to see POTC tonight?? :joy:

I am having wine here too. Have fun at POTC!! Wish I could go with you! Say Hello to Jack for me :D

I have to work tomorrow so I hope you all have a great day.:marg:

ElenitaB
06-09-2007, 07:18 PM
If women are crushing on Barbosa, maybe there's hope for me yet.
I, actually, was crushing on Bootstrap Bill (post transformation). And he even had a ponytail.

The boy just laughed his head off! Then his parents said (in a baby-talk voice) to him, "Honey, you threw it just a little too hard baby doll." That's it!

Poor John, he had to move to another seat, as his dishes were all soaked in raw egg. The parents never apologized, nor did they ask the little boy to! John was FUMING mad and so was I!

Here's my question: Would you have said something?

John didn't...he didn't want to make a fuss. But I think he should have! Even on the SLIM chance that it was an honest mistake, they still could have apologized for it having happened at all!
The parents really needed to apologize for the actions of their son. I don't know if I would have said something either, but right is right. Apparently neither they don't have manners, nor are they teaching their child any.

I have also discovered this week that instead of helping someone else with a 'garden party' event it is now going to be at my place and be a decking party by the river! The things we do to help rebuild our church roof! Do you guys have '100 clubs' over there were folks pay in so much and then there is a draw each month/quarter where some of the money is paid out as prizes but the rest goes to the good cause? We are trying one for the first time this year and it seems quite successful.
Good luck with the party. When is it? Are we invited? We'd look cute all dressed up in maid's costumes, don't you think?

Weather here looks like it's clearing after a cloudy morning. I will be spending the morning watching my DS play baseball. I must say he is absolutely adorable in that uniform! Can you tell that I am partial?:D
Probably heading to the pool this afternoon--hope to get some sun and some reading in.
How old is DS? Your DD is 11, right? We seem to have a healthy crop of 11-12 year olds around here.

And that was sunning and sunscreen, right? (Sorry, I'll take off the nagging mom hat now. :blush: )

Was that chocolate chips or blueberries in the coffee or on the waffles?

Like your new avatar. Is that from VMK? Looks like the ship in the Fantasyland shop section.
I've heard of mocha java and even blueberry coffee... though the thought makes me :ack: on that last one.

New avatar is from my "Fantasyland": the Magic and the Wonder.

I LOVE your new avatar!! What's up with all the new ones for you mods? PolyGirl40's is pretty funny... :)

If Mods are clever enough they can change their avatars - one of the perks!
What she said! I was up late last night/early this morning because of the steroids they give me as part of my pre-meds. I've been wanting to change my avatar for a while so I went through a gazillion pictures and finally edited it down to size. Glad to hear you like it! :D

Ben's decided that he wants to stay in today (he slept in until quite late as well). In some respects, he is so much like his dad. Me... I'd rather be outside running around. If I can get him out, we'll head over to the Relay for Life later.

alpro2
06-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I have ranger cookies here. They are kind of like oatmeal and very yummy. Would you like some?

Kind of like oatmeal cookies? So if they are not oatmeal, what are they exactly?

Riri529
06-09-2007, 08:53 PM
How old is DS? Your DD is 11, right? We seem to have a healthy crop of 11-12 year olds around here.

And that was sunning and sunscreen, right? (Sorry, I'll take off the nagging mom hat now. :blush: )

New avatar is from my "Fantasyland": the Magic and the Wonder.

Ben's decided that he wants to stay in today (he slept in until quite late as well). In some respects, he is so much like his dad. Me... I'd rather be outside running around. If I can get him out, we'll head over to the Relay for Life later.
Ellen,
DS is 8 and quite a character!:D He had a great time at his game today. It was the final game and they played on the big field, had their names announced overhead and won by a shutout.:team:

The sunning is typically with sunscreen on my face, but I am not so diligent with sunscreening my body, I must admit.
Are you going to warn me about skin cancer? Too late, my mother beat you to it. Clearly, I am living on the edge. I know it sounds blase, but I think there are just too many things to worry about. As a professional worrier, I just try to keep the worrying in check.
They are having a Relay for Life around the corner from my house at the local high school. There are so many participants every year. It is amazing!

So, JQ crew, any interesting Sunday plans?

marlyn
06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Kind of like oatmeal cookies? So if they are not oatmeal, what are they exactly?

Delicious cookies with chocolate chips, corn flakes, oats, coconut, and pecans. You like?

Riri529
06-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Delicious cookies with chocolate chips, corn flakes, oats, coconut, and pecans. You like?

They sound delicious!!!! May I have one too-- with a big glass of cold milk?

Christine
06-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Ho hum... Hi all!

John got called out to a computer job this afternoon, another photography job tonight, then a computer job tomorrow. This is just stuff he does on the side (his day job is environmental specialist at a chemical plant, so clearly he does this to actually ENJOY working for a change).

I am worn out from the garage sale this morning...but I made $271.00!!! Not too shabby!! I have been able to pay my surgical bill down to HALF so far! Then I can focus on Disney money!!! :woohoo:

Anyone else watching "Grease" on VH-1??? Ahhhhh, now that's MY style of a High School Musical!!! :cloud9:

alpro2
06-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Oooh, they sound delicious. Kind of like oatmeal cookies. ;)

You will have 1, 2? Would that be milk of a chocolate kind?

alpro2
06-09-2007, 09:30 PM
John got called out to a computer job this afternoon, another photography job tonight, then a computer job tomorrow. This is just stuff he does on the side (his day job is environmental specialist at a chemical plant, so clearly he does this to actually ENJOY working for a change).

Any rolling eggs for him today? :thedolls:

Riri529
06-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Ho hum... Hi all!

I am worn out from the garage sale this morning...but I made $271.00!!! Not too shabby!! I have been able to pay my surgical bill down to HALF so far! Then I can focus on Disney money!!! :woohoo:

Anyone else watching "Grease" on VH-1??? Ahhhhh, now that's MY style of a High School Musical!!! :cloud9:

$271 is not a bad return for cleaning out the garage!
You and John sound so busy. Do you guys have any downtime!?

Not watching TV now--just posting and waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. After two days of :marg: I can use a nice strong cup of:coffee:. And --No it won't keep me awake. In fact I will probably fall asleep again as I try to watch last Sunday's episode of the Soprano's--for the third time!!

Beast_fanatic
06-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Holy guacamole, Batman! Am I ever tired! I spent about 5 hours this morning trimming trees and bushes and then stacking them up and/or loading them in hubby's truck. And, I'm not even done! Anyone want to come over in the morning to finish up with me?

After pruning tomorrow, we've got to make another trip to my dad's house to deliver a small fridge to him as he's moving in the Masonic home next Thursday. My sister wants us to take the fridge over (even though the Masonic home is closer to us) because they'll move his stuff for him, and that will be better than us moving the fridge there next weekend. :confused:

Beyond that, I have no idea what our plans are for tomorrow. :whew:

alpro2
06-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Holy guacamole, Batman! Am I ever tired! I spent about 5 hours this morning trimming trees and bushes and then stacking them up and/or loading them in hubby's truck. And, I'm not even done! Anyone want to come over in the morning to finish up with me?

No, but can I come over for that holy guacamole

marlyn
06-09-2007, 10:08 PM

Sure you can have some but I am low on milk. Would red wine be ok? :wine:

Ohhhhh, love that movie!!

They are delicious and I have 2 sitting here waiting for you :D

Holy guacamole, Batman! Am I ever tired! I spent about 5 hours this morning trimming trees and bushes and then stacking them up and/or loading them in hubby's truck. And, I'm not even done!

When you are finished at your place, would you mind coming here and doing some yard work?

disneydeb
06-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Sounds delicious, do you have the recipe?:D

marlyn
06-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Are you going to share if you bake them??

Ranger Cookies:

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter or shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
2 cups corn flakes
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
confectioners' sugar as needed

PREPARATION:
Cream together the butter and both sugars. Blend in the eggs. Into a separate container, sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder then add to the creamed mixture, blending well. Mix in the vanilla; stir in the rolled oats, corn flakes, coconut, chocolate chips and pecans.

Form mixture into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Roll in powdered sugar. Press down with a fork on greased baking sheets. Bake in a 350° oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes about 5 dozen chocolate chip ranger cookies.

Christine
06-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Any rolling eggs for him today? :thedolls:

Not today, but maybe I could make eggs for breakfast before church tomorrow and pelt him! Think he would find that funny?

I don't stay nearly as busy as John does...he literally lives on no more than 4 hours of sleep per night..and I am not exaggerating!

We do keep busy...maybe we need to see about changing that!

That is some tough work! If I come help you tomorrow, will you take me to Stonebriar afterwards???

tinktude
06-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Who's making those cookies? They sound delish:tasty:

disneydeb
06-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the recipe! I think I will try to make them after church tomorrow. Could I offer anyone some?:D

Riri529
06-09-2007, 10:54 PM

You will have 1, 2? Would that be milk of a chocolate kind?

Do you not know me, Alex? I never turn down anything chocolate.

Beast_fanatic
06-09-2007, 10:59 PM
That is some tough work! If I come help you tomorrow, will you take me to Stonebriar afterwards???

I can take you, but I'll have to leave you there and come back for you later. We do have that 3 hour round-trip to my dad's to make.

I've had those cookies before, and they are yummy. :thumbsup:

I know it's Saturday night, but is it too early to go to sleep? :sleepin:

drummerboy
06-09-2007, 11:45 PM
I lost track of who's actually making them, but welcome to JQ. Or have you been here all along and I just missed it?

Why didn't they have those cookies when I was a ranger?

Sorry, I can't do wake up calls tomorow. The grandbabies are asleep right behind me and DW would wring my neck if I woke them. I'm going to tiptoe out of the room and go to bed myself. (Whispers) Good night.

Dsnygirl
06-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Wow wow wow!! I loved it! (Just got back a little while ago from POTC) Still not too sure about the crushing going on for Barbosa, but I definitely do like him better. But holy cow - is Orlando not STUNNING in this movie? I've always liked him, but... :blush:... wow! (Shhh... don't tell my DH... he didn't notice the drool...)

I am having wine here too. Have fun at POTC!! Wish I could go with you! Say Hello to Jack for me!

Done... he sends his love...

I've heard of mocha java and even blueberry coffee... though the thought makes me :ack: on that last one.

I LOVE blueberry coffee!! Green Mountain Roasters makes a Wild Maine Blueberry that is fantastic... the new blueberry creamer from Coffeemate makes just about any coffee taste just like it. It's one of my very favorites... you should try it! ;)

I like! Thanks for the recipe - I'm going to try to make some this week! They sound awesome!

Ho hum... Hi all!
Yo ho.... nope... didn't watch "Grease"... I was somewhere in the middle of POTC while you watched it!
Good job @ the garage sale!! That's some serious $$ for just a day of work! Wanna come do one here??

Well, I've got to try to get the theme music from POTC out of my head and settle for bed... maybe a little :wine: will help. I swear, every time we watch a POTC movie, I hear the music for days!! Does that happen to anyone else?? Not that I'm complaining....:D

alpro2
06-10-2007, 08:21 AM
....just posting and waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. After two days of :marg: I can use a nice strong cup of:coffee:. And --No it won't keep me awake. In fact I will probably fall asleep again as I try to watch last Sunday's episode of the Soprano's--for the third time!!
:huh: :blah:

Originally Posted by Dsnygirl
is Orlando not STUNNING in this movie?

They showed WDW? What about Miami?

Originally Posted by Dsnygirl
is Orlando not STUNNING in this movie?
Not! :D

Nascfan
06-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Did I really miss two pages from just yesterday? Is anyone up besides Alex and me? I imagine Ken's still sleeping as long as the grandbabies let him. Have fun with them today Ken!:thumbsup:

Enjoy your Sunday everybody!

ElenitaB
06-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Blythe, so am I right in thinking you liked the movie? :pirate:

:rotfl: Asked of the woman who posted trip reports at 2:00 am!

After pruning tomorrow, we've got to make another trip to my dad's house to deliver a small fridge to him as he's moving in the Masonic home next Thursday. My sister wants us to take the fridge over (even though the Masonic home is closer to us) because they'll move his stuff for him, and that will be better than us moving the fridge there next weekend. :confused:

Beyond that, I have no idea what our plans are for tomorrow. :whew:
You need more plans than what you already have? Wow... you ARE good. Glad to hear that your father's living situation has worked out. I'm sure that's taken some of the worry you were having, off your shoulders. Best wishes for a smooth transition for him.

Welcome, Tinktude! You already have figured out to ask a question, but we must tell you that you're in charge of the cookies when you join our merry band of questioners.

ISorry, I can't do wake up calls tomorow. The grandbabies are asleep right behind me and DW would wring my neck if I woke them.
How are those grandbabies, btw?

My plans for today are to catch up on sleep (woke up after only 4 hours... must sleep more), plan our meals for the week, sort through a huge stack of papers in order to start the work week off right, laundry, and at some point, get outside to enjoy the nice weather. Oh, and I'd like to hang new curtains in DS's bedroom and the kitchen. Anyone tall around to help me get those curtains hung?

Mickey'sGirl
06-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Is that early enough for some of you wormy people? :thumbsup: Too early I'm afraid!

Weather here looks like it's clearing after a cloudy morning. Did you have that crazy weather on Friday afternoon Maria? It was wild for about 15 minutes here -- power went out and everything...but then it was fine.... Summer

For today it is Jolly Rogers for Pirate Party day! Arrrrrrrrrr!Happy belated birthdays and congratulations to Adam and Scott, Lynne!:party:

Did somebody say cookies?I baked cookies last night Alex. Harry's Chocolate Chip....and there are plenty to share....and they are really good with a scoop of Mint Chip. Interested?

Anyone tall around to help me get those curtains hung?That would be me! :here: :hi: No ladders or chairs required baby (unless you have 9' ceilings of course!)!! I am so glad to see you Ellen. I hope that things become normal again for you and Ben soon... :hug:

mtown71
06-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Wow wow wow!! I loved it! (Just got back a little while ago from POTC) Still not too sure about the crushing going on for Barbosa, but I definitely do like him better. But holy cow - is Orlando not STUNNING in this movie?
See...can ya blame me for drooling over Orlando?? He is my new obsession! :cloud9:

They showed WDW? What about Miami?

:fresh: Wow...you are just too funny Alex...Jealous are you??? :boxing: You just said some fighting words....NO COOKIES FOR YOU!!!

Christine
06-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I can take you, but I'll have to leave you there and come back for you later. We do have that 3 hour round-trip to my dad's to make.

Only 3 hours! Darn! I won't have even finished in Pottery Barn Kids by that time!

But holy cow - is Orlando not STUNNING in this movie? I've always liked him, but... :blush:... wow!

I've never been much of an Orlando Bloom fan before, but I will say this after seeing POTC 3---the boy knows how to wear a bandana! I didn't pay him much mind throughout the entire film, then BOOM! At the end, captain of the Flying Dutchman, my goodness!
:blush:

Is anyone up besides Alex and me?

Enjoy your Sunday everybody!

I was already up and out for church when you posted this morning...sorry I missed you!

Welcome Tink! Glad you're here!

Ellen, that's quite a to-do list! Be sure to take some time to just sit back today too, okay?

alpro2
06-10-2007, 01:55 PM
I baked cookies last night Alex. Harry's Chocolate Chip....and there are plenty to share....and they are really good with a scoop of Mint Chip. Interested?

Harry's Chocolate Chip....hmmm, I see the beginning of a franchise.

I've never been much of an Orlando Bloom fan before, but I will say this after seeing POTC 3---the boy knows how to wear a bandana!

A bandana???? Was it pink? ;) (I haven't seen the movie yet)

:fresh: Wow...you are just too funny Alex...Jealous are you??? :boxing: You just said some fighting words....NO COOKIES FOR YOU!!!
Jealous? You won't see me wearing a pink bandana (don't say a word about the pink golf balls either). As far as the cookies, Jen will give me some of Harry's Chocolate Chips with mint ice cream. :fresh:

drummerboy
06-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Took the grandlittl'uns out to the beach for a while today. Next time I'm taking a whistle so I won't have to keep hollering at them not to go out so far. We've got the two middle ones, 6 and almost 4, and they're a handfull.

Anybody want to go to rehearsal with me tonight? I need somebody to fill in on the high notes for me.

I should probably put this question in "Where was this photo taken?" but there's a free cookie for anybody who can identify my new avatar. (Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.)

dlpmikki
06-10-2007, 04:20 PM
I should probably put this question in "Where was this photo taken?" but there's a free cookie for anybody who can identify my new avatar. (Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.)

Is it a Volcano? It looks like one! :thedolls:

drummerboy
06-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Is it a Volcano? It looks like one! :thedolls:
Funny how it came out that way. Mind you, it's been doctored a bit on my computer.

Mikki, if you guess, it'll be a free buscuit.

So, how's everybody's weekend winding down? The almost-4 year old had a bit of an "I want my Mommy" meltdown this afternoon. First time away from home without mom. I think he's not going to be quite ripe enough for the October trip.

mtown71
06-10-2007, 05:43 PM

Jealous? You won't see me wearing a pink bandana (don't say a word about the pink golf balls either). As far as the cookies, Jen will give me some of Harry's Chocolate Chips with mint ice cream. :fresh:

Hmmmm...do you have an obsession with things that are pink???? It must be your fave color. Would you like some pink tees to go with the golf balls? Oh, I am giving all of the buckeyes to Orlando. :fresh:

Ken, I love your avatar! I wish I had a guess about where it was taken. Hmmm...is it our RV/boat sailing by Hawaii?

drummerboy
06-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Ken, I love your avatar! I wish I had a guess about where it was taken. Hmmm...is it our RV/boat sailing by Hawaii?
Now why would I put a photo of Hawaii on a WDW site?

Well it's off the rehearsal. Mi mi mi. Just warming up. :D

disneydeb
06-10-2007, 06:10 PM

I think it looks as if someone took the picture from the front of the RV.while driving toward the sun in the horizon.
Is that it, did I get the cookie?:D

Dsnygirl
06-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Just because you don't have the right chromosomal combination to appreciate a finely placed bandana.... :D

I baked cookies last night Alex. Harry's Chocolate Chip....and there are plenty to share....and they are really good with a scoop of Mint Chip. Interested?

Absolutely! I love just about any kind of chocolate cookies w/ Mint Chip ice cream!! Thanks! It'll definitely help after a day of running around...

See...can ya blame me for drooling over Orlando?? He is my new obsession!
Not at all, mate, not at all... I've thought he was cute, ever since the first movie... but my goodness... he comes into his own in this one! :cloud9:

I've never been much of an Orlando Bloom fan before, but I will say this after seeing POTC 3---the boy knows how to wear a bandana! I didn't pay him much mind throughout the entire film, then BOOM! At the end, captain of the Flying Dutchman, my goodness!

Yup - that was quite a picture, wasn't it?? Wish I had a still of it for my phone... my wall... my locker at work... heck, a life-size would be nice, but I don't think my DH would approve. :blush: (Unless, of course, I had one made of Elizabeth... then maybe it'd be okay...)

I have no idea, but it's nice! Looks like a volcano, or a mountain... but then, that's pretty obvious, isn't it?? :blush:

How was everyone's Sunday? Ours was busier than I'd hoped... I just got home a little while ago, and I have quite a list of things to do I'd hoped to get done earlier. We had unexpected calling hours to go to for a friend's father this afternoon, and the line was over an hour long - and that didn't include stopping to chat with all the people we hadn't seen in ages! So - my feet are killing me, and I need someone to deliver dinner!! Anyone have anything good they'd like to share??

pjbs35a
06-10-2007, 06:30 PM

Looks like my backyard. Am I close ???

drummerboy
06-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Looks like my backyard. Am I close ???
Depends on how close your yard is to Orlando (no, not that Orlando.)

Has everybody met my Granddaghter Erin who is sitting here with me? She wants to say something:

Hi, I'm Erin.

pjbs35a
06-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Orlando the person or the place ???

Hey Erin !!!

drummerboy
06-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Orlando the person or the place ???
The place.

Q wants to know where you left the right handed atomic fragalizer. He needs to make some adjustments. Did you notice any slight anomalies last time you used it?

pjbs35a
06-10-2007, 09:57 PM
The place.

Q wants to know where you left the right handed atomic fragalizer. He needs to make some adjustments. Did you notice any slight anomalies last time you used it?

Trick question, right ???

"Q" would know that I am left handed.

Good try though. A double secret agent has to be on his toes at all times. :spy:

But the last time I used the left handed one, it left the taste of four day old anchovy pizza in my mouth for six months. The only thing that would kill the taste was, you guessed it, a large Root :beer: Float.

drummerboy
06-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Trick question, right ???

"Q" would know that I am left handed.

Just wanted to be sure you haven't grown stale yourself out there in the field old boy.

Forgot to tell you Erin said, "Hey" back.

The other grandyoung'un and DW have been gone for quite a while trying to get him some medical attention. DW thinks he probably came here with a sinus infection that's turned worse. Stay tuned...

Anybody got some spare ice cream? We haven't got a bit of it in the house. Mint choc. chip (Breyers) would be ideal.

If nobody guesses the new avatar by tomorrow night, I'll venture forth with the answer, but that means I get to keep the cookie.

pjbs35a
06-10-2007, 10:54 PM
If nobody guesses the new avatar by tomorrow night, I'll venture forth with the answer, but that means I get to keep the cookie.

Which one do you like ???
Orlando, Oklahoma
Orlando, West Virginia
Orlando, Kentucky

drummerboy
06-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Orlando, Oklahoma
Orlando, West Virginia
Orlando, Kentucky
Remember I said it wasn't a person? Q is very upset that you're giving out our Pacific division's code names.

Beast_fanatic
06-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Is tomorrow really Monday? :(

Dad was happy to get the small fridge. My sister was also happy that we brought it over today and with the looks of it.

We did finish the pruning this morning, but there's still a big pile of limbs to be hauled off tomorrow. Fortunately, hubby will likely be done with it before I even get home from work. :D

marlyn
06-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Happy belated birthdays and congratulations to Adam and Scott, Lynne!:party:

Thank you from the boys and I :D

See...can ya blame me for drooling over Orlando?? He is my new obsession!

Who could possibly blame you for drooling over that absolutely amazingly gorgeous man? Can you say Yummy?:blush:

What are we going to do with you? :confused:

Has everybody met my Granddaghter Erin who is sitting here with me? She wants to say something:

Hi, I'm Erin.

Hi Erin. Nice to meet you! :mickey:

We did finish the pruning this morning, but there's still a big pile of limbs to be hauled off tomorrow. Fortunately, hubby will likely be done with it before I even get home from work.

Oh good...then you will ahve plenty of time to come over and get started on my yard! :D

I had a pretty good day at work today. I have been offered 2 new jobs so things are looking up for me. I guess I won't have to cancel my Cruise now!! I have also applied for another job and will find out this week. So I may have 3 to choose from! Pixie dust works. :D

When I was driving to work I noticed a goat on the side of the road. It was odd. Anyone seen our goat?

dlpmikki
06-11-2007, 02:19 AM
Ken, is your avatar a sunset over Coronado Springs (or some other resort)?

What is everyone up to this week?

alpro2
06-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Hmmmm...do you have an obsession with things that are pink???? It must be your fave color. Would you like some pink tees to go with the golf balls? Oh, I am giving all of the buckeyes to Orlando. :fresh:

Have the pink tees already. All the buckeyes, aye? If I remember correctly, somebody did not make them last Christmas. ;)

Just because you don't have the right chromosomal combination to appreciate a finely placed bandana.... :D

Paaaleeeeeze!

Depends on how close your yard is to Orlando (no, not that Orlando.)

Orlando, Oklahoma
Orlando, West Virginia
Orlando, Kentucky
Tony Orlando? Orlando Bloomers?

We did finish the pruning this morning, but there's still a big pile of limbs to be hauled off tomorrow. Fortunately, hubby will likely be done with it before I even get home from work. :D
Whose limbs are you hauling away? Do I see a re-make of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Who could possibly blame you for drooling over that absolutely amazingly gorgeous man? Can you say Yummy?:blush:

Have you been talking to Ken and Frankie's DWs?:D

Mickey'sGirl
06-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Harry's Chocolate Chip....hmmm, I see the beginning of a franchise. Care to back me?

Hi, I'm Erin.Hey Erin! :hi: Nice to meet you. Are you having fun with your Grandpa?

Anybody got some spare ice cream? We haven't got a bit of it in the house. Mint choc. chip (Breyers) would be ideal. I have already offered to share ours with Alex, but there is plenty in the freezer. One scoop or two? Will Erin or her brother have some? Take a cookie too.....

What is everyone up to this week? :hi: Mikki! Did you end up playing tennis, or did it stay too hot? Well, last night I was asked to throw a baby shower for my sister in law for all the odds and ends who don't fit into the different family showers. Sooooooooo.... I guess I am planning a shower. I am such a sucker.

offwego
06-11-2007, 09:17 AM
If Mods are clever enough they can change their avatars - one of the perks! I am not very clever with avatars so i don't change mine very often at all! Emily did my last one of Figaro. Where do you think I got this one from? I like Polygirls too - very clever!

It was far too hot to be playing tennis today - think my nose and a few other parts of me have gone more than a little red despite sun lotion. :blush: So Ken is now clever too?

No, but can I come over for that holy guacamole
And your question went where hmm? And no one else noticed this flagrant breach? Not to mention shameless request for food? Don't you have a kitchen Alex?

:rotfl: Asked of the woman who posted trip reports at 2:00 am!
Welcome, Tinktude! You already have figured out to ask a question, but we must tell you that you're in charge of the cookies when you join our merry band of questioners.
My plans for today are to catch up on sleep (woke up after only 4 hours... must sleep more), plan our meals for the week, sort through a huge stack of papers in order to start the work week off right, laundry, and at some point, get outside to enjoy the nice weather. Oh, and I'd like to hang new curtains in DS's bedroom and the kitchen. Anyone tall around to help me get those curtains hung?
Indeed Welcome tinktude! And Ellen that's mighty busy. Hope you got through some of this.

Took the grandlittl'uns out to the beach for a while today. Next time I'm taking a whistle so I won't have to keep hollering at them not to go out so far. We've got the two middle ones, 6 and almost 4, and they're a handfull.

Anybody want to go to rehearsal with me tonight? I need somebody to fill in on the high notes for me.

You do know that the grandbabies will ignore a whistle as well right?

Is that a very fuzzy priderock? Or a picture from the tiki room?

disneydrmr
06-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Have the pink tees already. All the buckeyes, aye? If I remember correctly, somebody did not make them last Christmas. ;)

We didn't make them at Christmas, but we managed to make some shortly after! And they were quite yummy!

So Ken, is your avatar a doctored picture of Expedition Everest? Or Big Thunder Mountain? Or Space Mountain? Or Splash Mountain? (How many guesses am I allowed?)

I hope everyone is doing well today... I'm not.. got a headache... got tummy troubles, and I'm just feeling plain ole down in the dumps... anyone got a cookie to cheer me up?

drummerboy
06-11-2007, 09:32 AM
So Ken, is your avatar a doctored picture of Expedition Everest? Or Big Thunder Mountain? Or Space Mountain? Or Splash Mountain? (How many guesses am I allowed?)
All you want, but you still forgot one mountain.

DW got home with grandson just before midnight. Seems there was a four-car pileup soumewhere out in the county so they had to wait for all that triage. Good thing she went--he had all kinds of sinus problems and they were even affecting his eyes. He's got some medication now and is already feeling better.

Have I mentioned DW's nose for kiddie ailments? She is downright accurate about something being wrong with the kids when they "don't smell right". Even when our two wre very little, she could tall something wasn't right by the 'sniff test'.

Mickey'sGirl
06-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Even when our two wre very little, she could tall something wasn't right by the 'sniff test'.I use the sniff method too. DS9 used to have febrile seizures when he was little, and I knew when he was at risk by how he smelled -- the themometer didn't always indicate something was amiss..... I hope your DGS feels better soon!

Di -- some :pixie: for your head!

Wanna hear a story? On Saturday, I decided that I could easily groom my older dog if I had a decent set of clippers. So, we bought some clippers, and I proceeded to clip him. He now looks like he has the mange, and I have received a life-time clipper ban for the offense. He may look awful, but he sure slept well -- he was nice and cool :D

alpro2
06-11-2007, 09:53 AM
And your question went where hmm? And no one else noticed this flagrant breach? Not to mention shameless request for food? Don't you have a kitchen Alex?

Good morning to you too, Banker Babe! How was your weekend? Miss me much? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Couldn't find a pair of shoes that matches your outfit today? Did I ask enough questions to make up for my missed one? :D

offwego
06-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Have I mentioned DW's nose for kiddie ailments? She is downright accurate about something being wrong with the kids when they "don't smell right". Even when our two wre very little, she could tall something wasn't right by the 'sniff test'. That's a new one by me...DS is an eye giveaway. He gets dark circles if he's feeling off.

Di -- some :pixie: for your head!

Wanna hear a story? On Saturday, I decided that I could easily groom my older dog if I had a decent set of clippers. So, we bought some clippers, and I proceeded to clip him. He now looks like he has the mange, and I have received a life-time clipper ban for the offense. He may look awful, but he sure slept well -- he was nice and cool :D
More pixie dust for Di on the way.
So are you sticking with the cookie franchise? No Dog grooming one? By the way have any of you seen the "ice cream" treats for dogs in the stores now? Seriously what's next?

offwego
06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Good morning to you too, Banker Babe! How was your weekend? Miss me much? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Couldn't find a pair of shoes that matches your outfit today? Did I ask enough questions to make up for my missed one? :D

I had a nice weekend thank you for asking, bbq off the lake, DS caught five fish (and DH dealt with getting them off the hook). My shoes are a perfect match today. (blue with a kitten heel, slight metalic sheen)

So does this mean you didn't miss me? I did make brownies this weekend. (with white and semi sweet choc. chips and some pecans in them too).

I've never got that whole wrong side thing. How did that saying ever get started anyway? Do we know?

drummerboy
06-11-2007, 10:19 AM
I've never got that whole wrong side thing. How did that saying ever get started anyway? Do we know?
I think in the olden days people used to keep a nice fuzzy rug on the 'right' side of the bed and a basket of deadly vipers on the 'wrong' side, so it would be rather a bad thing to get up on the wrong side. Or am I getting confused again?

alpro2
06-11-2007, 10:41 AM
...My shoes are a perfect match today. (blue with a kitten heel, slight metalic sheen)

So does this mean you didn't miss me? I did make brownies this weekend. (with white and semi sweet choc. chips and some pecans in them too).

I know I shouldn't ask, but what is a kitten heel?

Brownies? Any left over? :D

I think in the olden days people used to keep a nice fuzzy rug on the 'right' side of the bed and a basket of deadly vipers on the 'wrong' side, so it would be rather a bad thing to get up on the wrong side. Or am I getting confused again?
Yes, and the fuzzy thing used to be a live fuzzy thing until the vipers got them.

offwego
06-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Ken, if you don't know who are we going to ask? And what did the person who slept on the other side do then?

I know I shouldn't ask, but what is a kitten heel?

Brownies? Any left over? :D

Yes, and the fuzzy thing used to be a live fuzzy thing until the vipers got them.

No the brownies all went at the party..but I can make more. Brownies are soo easy.

A kitten heel is a heel that is shaped at both ends. So a spike or stilletto tapers down to a narrow point right? A kitten heel tapers then widens again at the bottom. Generally a kitten heel will also be less then two inches or so as well. Most common on a mule style shoe (ie a slip on).

Not to be confused with a wedge which is attached along the sole. A platform of course means it's raised on the whole sole not just at the heel.

Your all good on open toe. Are there any other questions on shoe design? I've been saving some mighty cute ones for our Sept. trip.

marlyn
06-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Good morning! How is everyone's Monday going?

offwego
06-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Good morning! How is everyone's Monday going?

Fine. Have you recovered from the birthdays yet?

And congrats on the job issue. Sounds like things are headed in the right direction.

marlyn
06-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks Natalie! I am recovered....not sure about Johnny though ;)

Job situation is going to be fine now. Cruise is definitely still on and I am also researching Disneyland.

Coffee anyone? I am out of ranger cookies now though. Sorry!

Nascfan
06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Are we still having brownies?

And why does it have to be freezing in the office when it's 80 outside?

Jasper
06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi all! Did everyone have a good weekend?

I had a rather uneventful weekend which in this case was a good thing. I spent most of the weekend sitting at the hospital keeping my mother company. Naturally, they didn't do any tests or anything over the weekend so we just sat there talking, reading, and watching television. We got so bored that at one point we started a game guessing if the next staff person to come through the door would be a male or female. Can you say BORED!!! Needless to say, Mom feels and looks like a pincushion by now with all the times they have taken blood.

She is in having a heart cathertization done right now so we should have some more news later today on just what is wrong with her heart. Please keep my mother in your prayers and keep sending pixie dust her way!!

offwego
06-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks Natalie! I am recovered....not sure about Johnny though ;)

Job situation is going to be fine now. Cruise is definitely still on and I am also researching Disneyland.

Coffee anyone? I am out of ranger cookies now though. Sorry! Did you find coffee? Or were you offering some.

Are we still having brownies?

And why does it have to be freezing in the office when it's 80 outside?
Of course you can have some Scott...and apparently it's a law to be frozen at work in warm weather. Have you tried asking to have it raised on the basis of it being good for the environment? We have one half normal and one half artic here as one of my co-workers is not good with heat and keeps his half of the office (he's on one wall the rest of us are on the oustide) at least 3 degrees celius colder.

Please keep my mother in your prayers and keep sending pixie dust her way!!
More prayers and pixie dust on it's way Jasper, and I think your right in the circumstances bored was good. How's your back holding out with all the sitting around?

Please let us know when you get some news about your Mom, we are all pulling for her.

Mickey'sGirl
06-11-2007, 02:41 PM
More :pixie: for your mom Jasper!

My office is cold. I have asked the guy to come up and adjust my thermostat, but I am getting the brush off. It's like a wind tunnel coming down from the fixtures up above....

Can I have some coffee please? Someone else bought mine this morning, and got sweeteners in it instead of plain old sugar. CAn you say :sick:? I may have to go and get something proper....

ElenitaB
06-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Is it a picture of the volcano in Mexico? The one you can see from the San Angel Inn?

Hi, I'm Erin.
Hi, Erin! :wave: See Grandpa's pony tail? If you tug on it, he'll smile and kiss you! Really!

I had a pretty good day at work today. I have been offered 2 new jobs so things are looking up for me. I guess I won't have to cancel my Cruise now!! I have also applied for another job and will find out this week. So I may have 3 to choose from! Pixie dust works. :D
Well, someone around there apparently knows quality! :thumbsup: And, yes, pixie dust most definitely does work! :yes:

Well, last night I was asked to throw a baby shower for my sister in law for all the odds and ends who don't fit into the different family showers. Sooooooooo.... I guess I am planning a shower. I am such a sucker.
Didn't you just throw a family party? You should start charging! ;)

I had a rather uneventful weekend which in this case was a good thing. I spent most of the weekend sitting at the hospital keeping my mother company. Naturally, they didn't do any tests or anything over the weekend so we just sat there talking, reading, and watching television. We got so bored that at one point we started a game guessing if the next staff person to come through the door would be a male or female. Can you say BORED!!! Needless to say, Mom feels and looks like a pincushion by now with all the times they have taken blood.

She is in having a heart cathertization done right now so we should have some more news later today on just what is wrong with her heart. Please keep my mother in your prayers and keep sending pixie dust her way!!
She continues to be in our prayers and :pixie: is on its way. And being bored in the hospital is the best way to be! You really don't want excitement, do you?

How is everyone else? I need some sleep but otherwise I'm doing okay. (Will someone do a Timmie's or Starbucks run, please?) Didn't get that huge list done yesterday and Ben didn't want to leave the house all weekend.

Back to work with me! Later!

Mickey'sGirl
06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Didn't you just throw a family party? You should start charging! ;)SAme family...and I've never been asked by the Mother to be to have a shower for her before. Odd, don't you think?

I'm still around to help with your curtains if you want Ellen. ;)

Can I get a coffee if anyone is going out? NO SWEETENER please...just a little cream and some regular sugar.

offwego
06-11-2007, 03:04 PM
My office is cold. I have asked the guy to come up and adjust my thermostat, but I am getting the brush off. It's like a wind tunnel coming down from the fixtures up above....

I hate that "call the guy" routine. To make mine sillier, I call the 1-800 then they call the "landlord" who's around the corner from me and who I know of course (since I finance commercial real estate after a while you meet everyone who owns it regardless of who they deal with), and then they send someone over. How's that for reduntant? And how did I miss the baby shower thing? Is this for the same BIL?? I sure hope not.

Is it a picture of the volcano in Mexico? The one you can see from the San Angel Inn?

Hi, Erin! :wave: See Grandpa's pony tail? If you tug on it, he'll smile and kiss you! Really!

How is everyone else? I need some sleep but otherwise I'm doing okay. (Will someone do a Timmie's or Starbucks run, please?) Didn't get that huge list done yesterday and Ben didn't want to leave the house all weekend.

Back to work with me! Later!

What about some green tea? Or some of the POM ones with antioxcidents in it? I love those but they are so pricey. Do you think if I made my own green tea iced tea it would work the same?

The ponytail thing doesn't work on my stepdad for the grandkids..do you think Ken handles it better?

And good guess! What about something from the mural at the CR? or perhaps a scene from Ellen's energy adventure?

Jasper
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
why does it have to be freezing in the office when it's 80 outside?

If you don't like it cold in your work space then you would not be happy around me. Co-workers have always joked that my office was cold enough to use as a meat locker!!! Needless to say they were happy that each office had its own thermostat!!! I always told them that the cold was my way of keeping people from lingering in my office!!:D:D

How's your back holding out with all the sitting around?

Thanks for asking, it is doing ok, but naturally I could use more movement. I have been finding excuses to get up and move around or sit in different places, etc. The nurses have also been kind enough to allow me to lie in the other bed in the room since it is not occupied.

Let's see, what should I use as a question?

drummerboy
06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Ken, if you don't know who are we going to ask? And what did the person who slept on the other side do then?

The person on the other side usually woke up first and pushed the other one out the right side and then got out on the right side as well. If they both got up on the wrong side, well, nobody worried about it any more anyway.

1. Is it a picture of the volcano in Mexico? The one you can see from the San Angel Inn?

2 Hi, Erin! :wave: See Grandpa's pony tail? If you tug on it, he'll smile and kiss you! Really!

1. Good guess but no. Still missing a mountain.

2. Did you say I'd be smiling while she gets it in the kisser? :thedolls:

1.The ponytail thing doesn't work on my stepdad for the grandkids..do you think Ken handles it better?

2. And good guess! What about something from the mural at the CR? or perhaps a scene from Ellen's energy adventure?

1. They like to tug on it when they're riding behind me in the car. They've also been known to try and braid it.

2. Still good guesses but no cookie yet.

mtown71
06-11-2007, 04:12 PM

Not at all, mate, not at all... I've thought he was cute, ever since the first movie... but my goodness... he comes into his own in this one! :cloud9:

Yup - that was quite a picture, wasn't it?? Wish I had a still of it for my phone... my wall... my locker at work... heck, a life-size would be nice, but I don't think my DH would approve. :blush: (Unless, of course, I had one made of Elizabeth... then maybe it'd be okay...)
I just had to laugh at the bandana comment! I am trying to get Di to go see POTC for the 3rd time with me this coming weekend. (can you believe I skipped this weekend?????)

When I was driving to work I noticed a goat on the side of the road. It was odd. Anyone seen our goat?
Congrats to you on the job offers! Hope whichever you choose will work out for you! More pixie dust heading your way!
You saw the goat??? Was the monkey on his back?

Sad to say, it doesn't surprise me that you have pink tees. Are your golfing pants bright pink too? Um...acutally, I did make buckeyes last year. I just didn't tell you. We made them the weekend after Christmas. Boy, they were the best I made too!

All you want, but you still forgot one mountain.

DW got home with grandson just before midnight. Seems there was a four-car pileup soumewhere out in the county so they had to wait for all that triage. Good thing she went--he had all kinds of sinus problems and they were even affecting his eyes. He's got some medication now and is already feeling better.

Have I mentioned DW's nose for kiddie ailments? She is downright accurate about something being wrong with the kids when they "don't smell right". Even when our two wre very little, she could tall something wasn't right by the 'sniff test'.
Hope your grandson starts to feel better. Been there, done that with sinus infections. They aren't fun! Never heard of the "sniff test". I'll have to ask my mom how she knew.
Oh, is it the mountain from Fantasmic??? (with the boat in front?)

Hi Jasper!!!! Good to hear from you! Hope things go good with your mom. Let us know what happens! Prayers & pixie dust on the way!

I was off of work today & have been really enjoying the day. Well, it didn't start off too well. Had to get a temporary crown put in. Man, getting the molds made were the worst. Went out to lunch with my parents & did some shopping. (Frankie, had a root beer float just for you!!!) I guess I should iron my scrubs for the week, huh?

Nascfan
06-11-2007, 04:15 PM

That's what it sounds like here too! I think something's broken.

More :pixie: for your mom Jasper. Keep us updated.

Where did I put that question?

offwego
06-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Is that splash mountian Ken? Or did you have one to many :marg: at rainforest cafe and mess up your exposure?

Or is it at the Poly after you take the camera for a swim too?

mtown71
06-11-2007, 04:22 PM
:hi: Hi Scott!!! Good to see ya!
Got an idea for you..I'll send my dog your way & he will curl up on your lap & keep ya warm. Sound like a good plan?

Oh, while I was out shopping, I stopped at our local bakery & got a Lemon chiffon cake, anyone want a piece? (except for Alex...he can't have one)

alpro2
06-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Tony Orlando? Orlando Bloomers?

If Orlando Bloom married Tony Orlando, he would be known as Orlando Orlando. :D

Sad to say, it doesn't surprise me that you have pink tees. Are your golfing pants bright pink too? Um...acutally, I did make buckeyes last year. I just didn't tell you. We made them the weekend after Christmas. Boy, they were the best I made too!

Oh, while I was out shopping, I stopped at our local bakery & got a Lemon chiffon cake, anyone want a piece? (except for Alex...he can't have one)
Is this really Deb, or is it Di in disguise?

1. Good guess but no. Still missing a mountain.

I agree with Deb, I mean Di, I mean one of the Bobsey Babes...it is Fantasmic!

drummerboy
06-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh, is it the mountain from Fantasmic??? (with the boat in front?)
DING DING DING we have a winner!

We were waiting in the bleachers for Fantasmic to begin when the full moon peeped out from behind the clouds. I took a little creative license with photoshop and voila. It's the same picture I use for my desktop. A little hard to see in the avatar, but there's a little white circle just over the mountain--that's the full moon. No boat in the picture--that's just part of the stage at the lower end of the picture.

And for that you get to have the first sample of DDPICC's (Drummerboy Discount Products International Cookie Coompany) newest flavor (flavour) of the month-- 'Liv-a-chip Grande'.

Hungry?

alpro2
06-11-2007, 05:10 PM

We were waiting in the bleachers for Fantasmic to begin when the full moon peeped out from behind the clouds. I took a little creative license with photoshop and voila. It's the same picture I use for my desktop. A little hard to see in the avatar, but there's a little white circle just over the mountain--that's the full moon. No boat in the picture--that's just part of the stage at the lower end of the picture.

And for that you get to have the first sample of DDPICC's (Drummerboy Discount Products International Cookie Coompany) newest flavor (flavour) of the month-- 'Liv-a-chip Grande'.

Hungry?
Ha! I am so glad Deb guessed it first. Do you want me to share some of Nat's brownies with you Deb? NOT! :thedolls:

pjbs35a
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM

Hungry?

Anybody want guess the character on my avatar ??? I am giving no hints !!!

drummerboy
06-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Legs Malone?

ElenitaB
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I just had to laugh at the bandana comment! I am trying to get Di to go see POTC for the 3rd time with me this coming weekend. (can you believe I skipped this weekend?????)
If I come iron your scrubs, will you take me? I would need no one to "try to get me" to go see PoTC again... instead, it's me trying to convince DS that I NEED to see it again on the big screen.

The Liv-a-Chip Grande cookies sound good... for the JQ doggies. Mind if we human types pass?

Ladies, do you realize that we have a genuine 21st Century Renaissance man among us? (Did I just contradict myself?) He litigates, he writes, he sings, he acts, and he even Photoshops! :thumbsup: (We love the rest of you GQ... er, JQ guys as well.)

Is that a trick question?

Where are our Texas ladies today?

pjbs35a
06-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Legs Malone?

Can you unscramble the letters ??? Then you will have a winner !!!

drummerboy
06-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Can you unscramble the letters ??? Then you will have a winner !!!
Enolam Sgel?

pjbs35a
06-11-2007, 10:09 PM
How easy was that ???

Beast_fanatic
06-12-2007, 12:26 AM
What's the proper treatment for a dog bite?

I went for my normal evening walk and I was a few houses away from home. My neighbors were outside with their dog. I've met their dog (a young German Shepard) on several occasions and she's never been anything other than friendly with me. She got away from the wife, and ran at me and I thought she was just going to jump up on me like she usually does. But, she bit me in the arm instead! :eek: She got me pretty good too - drew blood and caused some swelling. My neighbors were mortified, insisted that I come in so they could clean it up, and apologized profusely. My arm hurts a bit, but I'm OK. I've kept ice on it and the swelling is pretty much gone now.

I'm having a weird year so far. :rolleyes:

Dsnygirl
06-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey everyone! How was your Monday? Mine was pretty busy... my baby (DD5) graduated from kindergarten today (I can't believe it!! :() and then we all went out for a long lunch... by the time we got home, it was pretty much time to go through all her school stuff, meet my DD8 off the bus and get ready for dinner & work!! And now, here I am! It's been a pretty busy night - I can't believe you guys are all asleep now and I'm here by myself... :pout:

I had a pretty good day at work today. I have been offered 2 new jobs so things are looking up for me. I guess I won't have to cancel my Cruise now!! I have also applied for another job and will find out this week. So I may have 3 to choose from! Pixie dust works.

That's great!! I sure hope one of them works out for you!! Sending pixie dust your way!!

I hope everyone is doing well today... I'm not.. got a headache... got tummy troubles, and I'm just feeling plain ole down in the dumps... anyone got a cookie to cheer me up?
Sorry to hear you had a lousy day - I hope you're better by now!! :(

Wanna hear a story? On Saturday, I decided that I could easily groom my older dog if I had a decent set of clippers. So, we bought some clippers, and I proceeded to clip him. He now looks like he has the mange, and I have received a life-time clipper ban for the offense. He may look awful, but he sure slept well -- he was nice and cool.
:D :rotfl:

Please keep my mother in your prayers and keep sending pixie dust her way!!
Jasper, I'll keep praying for her, and I'm sending some pixie dust her way right now!!

...and apparently it's a law to be frozen at work in warm weather.
Oh, that is SO true here at my hospital... I am never colder here than when it is warm outside. I swear - anything above 65 degrees outside, and the A/C is on, set for temps that would freeze you out in the winter. :confused:

I went for my normal evening walk and I was a few houses away from home. My neighbors were outside with their dog. I've met their dog (a young German Shepard) on several occasions and she's never been anything other than friendly with me. She got away from the wife, and ran at me and I thought she was just going to jump up on me like she usually does. But, she bit me in the arm instead! :eek: She got me pretty good too - drew blood and caused some swelling. My neighbors were mortified, insisted that I come in so they could clean it up, and apologized profusely. My arm hurts a bit, but I'm OK. I've kept ice on it and the swelling is pretty much gone now.

Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear that happened!! I have no idea what the treatment is - I just wanted to send some pixie dust your way and tell you I can't believe you got bit tonight!! I would make sure you ask your neighbors if the shepherd is up on her shots, etc., just to be sure - you probably already did, but... I hope your arm feels better in the morning!! :(

alpro2
06-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Sorry to hear about the dog bite Rhonda. Must have been awful. Does the dog have all of its shots? Hope you feel better.

Originally Posted by pjbs35a

Originally Posted by drummerboy
Legs Malone?
Can you unscramble the letters ??? Then you will have a winner

Originally Posted by drummerboy
Enolam Sgel?

No, no, isn't it the Italian guy, Sal Nogele?

disneydeb
06-12-2007, 08:23 AM

I'm having a weird year so far. :rolleyes:

Rhonda,
You need to call your doctor! You will probably need a tetanus shot.
I'm so sorry! That must have been quite a shock! Does anyone have a question I could borrow?

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Legs Malone?Ya know, that's what they used to call me before I took on my married name. ;)

What's the proper treatment for a dog bite?Is it a puncture wound? When did you have your last tetanus shot? A puncture wound should be looked at by a doctor, and might require anti-biotics. Our next door neighbours baby was bitten by their OWN dog last week, 5 stitches to his head and it became infected, so he needed IV anti-biotics (he couldn't take them orally without :ack:). I would take the bite seriously Rhonda. Here's some :pixie: for quick healing!!

offwego
06-12-2007, 09:51 AM

II'm having a weird year so far. :rolleyes: Youch! I hope your ok. Have you called or gone to your Dr yet?

Ya know, that's what they used to call me before I took on my married name. ;)
See when you go the whole hypen route you get to keep your nicknames. That was the reason I did it that way. Anyone believe me?

disneydrmr
06-12-2007, 09:53 AM
:hi: Hi Scott!!! Good to see ya!
Got an idea for you..I'll send my dog your way & he will curl up on your lap & keep ya warm. Sound like a good plan?

Ok, your doglet would keep one of his legs warm... you gonna send him mom's doglet also to keep his other leg warm? :D

Don't you pay any attention? Or are you too busy eating cookies and drinking rum? The Bobsey Babes are no more... Deb is now Bloom's Babe and I'm Buckeye Babe...

Hungry?

Hmmm.... I think I'm feeling rather relieved that I forgot about that mountain...:D

Oh, come on! Who needs hints.. that's you! In one of your many spy disguises! Geesh.. give us a hard one next time!

If I come iron your scrubs, will you take me? I would need no one to "try to get me" to go see PoTC again... instead, it's me trying to convince DS that I NEED to see it again on the big screen.

Ladies, do you realize that we have a genuine 21st Century Renaissance man among us? (Did I just contradict myself?) He litigates, he writes, he sings, he acts, and he even Photoshops! :thumbsup: (We love the rest of you GQ... er, JQ guys as well.)

Ok, I'm gonna tell on Bloom's Babe... on Sunday we went to the movie theater - I told her we COULD go see Pirates if she wanted to (our plan was to see Shrek) but SHE said it's ok, we could see Shrek...So it was HER decision to not see it this past weekend... anyone think she may have been suffering from Cookie deprivation?

I went for my normal evening walk and I was a few houses away from home. My neighbors were outside with their dog. I've met their dog (a young German Shepard) on several occasions and she's never been anything other than friendly with me. She got away from the wife, and ran at me and I thought she was just going to jump up on me like she usually does. But, she bit me in the arm instead! She got me pretty good too - drew blood and caused some swelling. My neighbors were mortified, insisted that I come in so they could clean it up, and apologized profusely. My arm hurts a bit, but I'm OK. I've kept ice on it and the swelling is pretty much gone now.

OUCH! I sure hope your arm is feeling better. Like Jenn said - take it seriously! Let a doctor look at it. They SAY a dog's mouth is clean - but I just don't trust it... so please get it looked at and make sure the doggie is current on it's rabies shots!!!

ElenitaB
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Oh my, Rhonda! That's terrible. Next time you go out for a walk, you need to take some DDPS' new Liv-A-Bites with you (Ken's trying to pass them off to us but we know better), to distract the young pup.

Did you call your doctor? Would a cookie help (it's had all the bad ingredients magically removed so there are no carbs/no sugar/no fat)? Feel better! :hug:

Here's some healing :pixie: for Jasper's mom and Rhonda.

And here's some coffee for the rest of us. Who brought cookies?

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2007, 10:10 AM
See when you go the whole hypen route you get to keep your nicknames. I didn't change my name for a few years after I got married, as to hyphenate it would have made my signature 8 billion characters long....so I relented after I got a tattoo and got in the "family way" and gave up being "Legs Malone" to evermore be known as "Harry's Mom".

And here's some coffee for the rest of us. Who brought cookies?The Saturday night stash is dwindling in Ajax.... were there Pirates in my kitchen last night???????

Beast_fanatic
06-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Rhonda,

My last tetanus shot was in April when I fell down the stairs. :rolleyes: So, at least I won't need one of those.

Since one of the bite marks was still oozing blood this morning, and the area is still swollen, I went ahead and called the doctor. I've got an appointment in about an hour. Until then, I'm working at home. I probably won't be able to post an update on what the doc says until this evening since I'll be going into work after the appointment, but I'm sure I'll be fine. And, yes, the doggy is up-to-date on all her shots. :whew:

What kind of cookie are you offering me Ellen? 'Cause if it's liv-a-bite flavored, I think I'll pass. ;)

Nascfan
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Yikes Rhonda! What the heck? Glad you're getting it checked out.

Doglet, I like that, haha! I'll take your doglet Deb. Anything will help. Fortunately it is better in here, so far, today.

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Fortunately it is better in here, so far, today.
A very piratesque service guy just came and adjusted the thermostat in my office.... He said there was a definite draft coming from the first light ... It is better in here now too (it was ridiculously COLD first thing this morning!)..... Happy day Scott!

Rhonda I am so glad that you called your doctor! Let us know what he/she says!

Hey Deb, did you notice that someone had the "Hot Pirate" Orlando as her avatar?

ElenitaB
06-12-2007, 10:52 AM
What kind of cookie are you offering me Ellen? 'Cause if it's liv-a-bite flavored, I think I'll pass. ;)
You get the "real" cookies (sans sugar/fat/carbs). The doggie gets the Liv-A-Bite one as a decoy... I do hope the recipe makes it taste better than human appendages. Ken, who develops your recipes?

Doglet, I like that, haha! I'll take your doglet Deb. Anything will help. Fortunately it is better in here, so far, today.
Is a doglet like a squeak dog?

Jenn, glad to see you got some eye candy out of the morning!

Ben stayed home from school today. Poor kid said he felt "crummy." When interrogated (as only a loving mom can do), it was emotionally crummy he was feeling. :(

Nascfan
06-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Is a doglet like a squeak dog?

Jenn, glad to see you got some eye candy out of the morning!

Ben stayed home from school today. Poor kid said he felt "crummy." When interrogated (as only a loving mom can do), it was emotionally crummy he was feeling. :(

Sort of. Diane has a couple good sized furr babies and Deb's is, shall we say, smaller. Hence the doglet, not quite a full dog.

I hope Ben emotionally feels better as the day goes. Give him a hug from all of us, ok?

drummerboy
06-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Ken, who develops your recipes?
They're subjected to the rigid standards of the DDPI test kitchens after a select committee meets and decides on each new flavor (flavour). Why do you ask? (I think cousin Ralphie chaired the last select committee. Next week it's granddaughter Erin's turn.)

mtown71
06-12-2007, 11:26 AM
If Orlando Bloom married Tony Orlando, he would be known as Orlando Orlando. :D

WOW...Alex, your style of comedy amazes me..:ack: Did you ever think about going on tour? Just admit that you are jealous of Orlando & I will call a truce!

Hungry?
Um....sorry..not hungry..I will give the cookie to my sis' dogs. Thanks anyway. Cool avatar though.

Ha! I am so glad Deb guessed it first. Do you want me to share some of Nat's brownies with you Deb? NOT! :thedolls:
Nope...got my own chocolate chip cookie sandwich to eat. You can have the 'Liv-a-chip Grande cookie!

Ok, your doglet would keep one of his legs warm... you gonna send him mom's doglet also to keep his other leg warm?
Don't you pay any attention? Or are you too busy eating cookies and drinking rum? The Bobsey Babes are no more... Deb is now Bloom's Babe and I'm Buckeye Babe...
I'm gonna tell on Bloom's Babe... on Sunday we went to the movie theater - I told her we COULD go see Pirates if she wanted to (our plan was to see Shrek) but SHE said it's ok, we could see Shrek...So it was HER decision to not see it this past weekend... anyone think she may have been suffering from Cookie deprivation?
Hmmm..where to begin on this. First, :fresh: for the doglet comment. You are just jealous because my Riley-Roo-Roo is one of the cutest doggies in the world. Second, Alex is too preoccupied with pink things to notice name changes. & lastly, I chose to go see Shrek 3 for I knew that you wanted to go & see it. You were the one that covered my eyes & ears & wouldn't let me peek into the door that was showing my Orlando.

My last tetanus shot was in April when I fell down the stairs. So, at least I won't need one of those.

Since one of the bite marks was still oozing blood this morning, and the area is still swollen, I went ahead and called the doctor. I've got an appointment in about an hour. Until then, I'm working at home. I probably won't be able to post an update on what the doc says until this evening since I'll be going into work after the appointment, but I'm sure I'll be fine. And, yes, the doggy is up-to-date on all her shots.
Sorry to hear about the dog bite. Good luck at the doctor. I am glad you are current on your Tetanus shot. Sad to say, we see dog bites every month at work. We clean the wounds, make sure they don't need stitches, give antibiotics & make sure the dog is current on its shots. Also, the doc may have to report the bite to your county that you live in. That is required by the state. (at least it is in OH)

Hey Deb, did you notice that someone had the "Hot Pirate" Orlando as her avatar?
Yes, I drooled, I mean saw it...I wish I had thought of that before they made me my Koda avatar. Oh well, too late now.

Sort of. Diane has a couple good sized furr babies and Deb's is, shall we say, smaller. Hence the doglet, not quite a full dog.

Ouch...that hurt Scott. My Riley is not a doglet!!!!!!!! Can't help it he fits on my lap.

offwego
06-12-2007, 12:00 PM
I didn't change my name for a few years after I got married, as to hyphenate it would have made my signature 8 billion characters long....so I relented after I got a tattoo and got in the "family way" and gave up being "Legs Malone" to evermore be known as "Harry's Mom".
The Saturday night stash is dwindling in Ajax.... were there Pirates in my kitchen last night??????? I skipped the tatto and put the hypen in the kid's name. When DS is in trouble he can hear me for at least a block and half by the time you say it all!

A very piratesque service guy just came and adjusted the thermostat in my office....
What 1-800 number are you using..need to change mine for sure! Is that extra?

I'm sorry to hear that. It's good he told you though. Hopefully some down time will make him feel a little better. Please say hi for us.

marlyn
06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Special :pixie: going out today to Jasper's Mom, Rhonda and Ellen's son.

my baby (DD5) graduated from kindergarten today (I can't believe it!! :() (

They grow so fast don't they? Congrats on her Grad. My boys are graduating from elementary school at end of month. Can't believe it. They are off to middle school (grades 7-9) next year :(

Rhonda,

I agree. Good luck Rhonda! Hope you heal fast.

IThe Saturday night stash is dwindling in Ajax.... were there Pirates in my kitchen last night???????

You don't expect Pirates to fess up do you? We will, however, tattle. I am sure the goat was loose. He was on side of road in town here the other day. It is possible he made his way out East.

What are your great plans for Tuesday? I am going to :cart::laundry::dishes::mow: and then sit on my deck with :wine:

drummerboy
06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
You don't expect Pirates to fess up do you? We will, however, tattle. I am sure the goat was loose. He was on side of road in town here the other day. It is possible he made his way out East.
Have I not stressed enough that it's always the monkey's fault? I'm sure the monkey let the goat loose and gave it the Ajax cookies. (Although I'm not sure which would be worse; Ajax cookies, Comet cookies, or Mr. Clean Cookies--DDPICC does not make cleaning product cookes)

offwego
06-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Ken I thought we had misplaced the monkey. Did you find it? And Lynn I need a nap looking at that list.

Do we have any non toxic cookies?

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Have I not stressed enough that it's always the monkey's fault? I'm sure the monkey let the goat loose and gave it the Ajax cookies. (Although I'm not sure which would be worse; Ajax cookies, Comet cookies, or Mr. Clean Cookies--DDPICC does not make cleaning product cookes)
Is that why the monkey is ALWAYS on my back????? You do understand that I am shaking my head at you right now. Don't discount the Ajax cookies Bongo Boy -- They win awards!! Well not awards....but kudos....from children....who are neglected....and starving..... I will be quiet now. :secret:

offwego
06-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Is that why the monkey is ALWAYS on my back????? You do understand that I am shaking my head at you right now. Don't discount the Ajax cookies Bongo Boy -- They win awards!! Well not awards....but kudos....from children....who are neglected....and starving..... I will be quiet now. :secret:

I've seen pictures of your guys. They don't look neglected at all. The monkey may be a little parched though. Does he take just rum or other stuff too?

disneydeb
06-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I went to my opthomologist today, My eyes are dilated and I can't see a thing. I can't see to wash dishes, do laundry or cook. I wonder if that will be a good enough excuse to stay on I'cot all day?:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I've seen pictures of your guys. They don't look neglected at all. The monkey may be a little parched though. Does he take just rum or other stuff too?NOT MY CHILDREN NAT!!! They are quite spoiled...it's the other kids...at school and such. ;)

I went to my opthomologist today, My eyes are dilated and I can't see a thing. I can't see to wash dishes, do laundry or cook. I wonder if that will be a good enough excuse to stay on I'cot all day?:mickey: Convenient, eh Deb? Well done sister! :thumbsup:

offwego
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
I went to my opthomologist today, My eyes are dilated and I can't see a thing. I can't see to wash dishes, do laundry or cook. I wonder if that will be a good enough excuse to stay on I'cot all day?:mickey:
Good one! I like it. Can I borrow it?

NOT MY CHILDREN NAT!!! They are quite spoiled...it's the other kids...at school and such. ;)
Convenient, eh Deb? Well done sister! :thumbsup:
Oh other kids...hmm ok then. Mind you I got asked by kids at a clients to bring cake over when we go for dinner. My poor trainee now thinks he needs to learn to bake!!Hmm maybe he should practice on the office?

disneydrmr
06-12-2007, 03:07 PM

Well, at least the monkey and goat poop will be clean.

Ken I thought we had misplaced the monkey. Did you find it?
Do we have any non toxic cookies?

I thought we knew where the monkey was and it's the rum that's been 'misplaced'?

So, you ship your cookies to Ethiopia?

Um, as my supervisor would say "If you can see well enough to be on the computer, you can see well enough to do your work...."

drummerboy
06-12-2007, 04:52 PM
1. I thought we knew where the monkey was and it's the rum that's been 'misplaced'?

2. Um, as my supervisor would say "If you can see well enough to be on the computer, you can see well enough to do your work...."
1. And the monkey still won't tell where he hid it. If only I could learn to speak Rhesus.

2. I was wondering when somebody would come up with that response. Maybe she's got the Reader's Digest computer screen?

offwego
06-12-2007, 04:55 PM
1. And the monkey still won't tell where he hid it. If only I could learn to speak Rhesus.

Why can't you learn to speak Rhesus? Does the cat have your tongue?

disneydeb
06-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Um, as my supervisor would say "If you can see well enough to be on the computer, you can see well enough to do your work...."

2. I was wondering when somebody would come up with that response. Maybe she's got the Reader's Digest computer screen?[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I don't have a supervisor!:D

Don't we all have the reader's Digest version?;):blush::confused::blush:

offwego
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
So your saying we shouldn't type like this?

drummerboy
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey Banker Babe, why didn't you put anything but a little pink scribble in your post?

ElenitaB
06-12-2007, 06:35 PM
What are your great plans for Tuesday? I am going to :cart: :laundry: :dishes: :mow: and then sit on my deck with :wine:
Oh my... after :cart: :laundry: and :dishes: (no lawn to mow), I'd need the wine and then a hammock somewhere.

Rhonda, how's the arm? Jasper, how's your mom? Christine, where are you?

Thanks for the pixie dust for Ben. He spent some quiet time, then time playing PoTC on the computer and now he's doing his number one "coping" activity: he's drawing up a storm. Actually he just started a comic book... it's pretty amazing. My first reaction when he showed me the first few panels was to scan it and send it to his dad. I guess it's going to take a few weeks for those impulses to go away.

marlyn
06-12-2007, 07:08 PM

Can you see me now?

Oh my... after :cart: :laundry: and :dishes: (no lawn to mow), I'd need the wine and then a hammock somewhere.?

I have finished the list and even found time for:iron: Now I am finally :vacation: Would anyone care for a drink? I decided against :wine: and went for :marg:

marlyn
06-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Hmmmm, what are the odds that my dinner will cook itself?

pjbs35a
06-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok Rhonda, how about a dog bite update ???

Where I come from, a dog only bites once. You can figure out what happens after that. I'll be glad to send out the posse. Just say the word. Nobody but me bites my friends and gets away with it.

:gangster:

disneydeb
06-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Only if you are keeping something secret from me!:D

Can you see me now?

Yes! Thank you!

I have finished the list and even found time for:iron: Now I am finally :vacation: Would anyone care for a drink? I decided against :wine: and went for :marg:

Hmmmm, what are the odds that my dinner will cook itself?

Mine did ! Can I work it or what??:D

marlyn
06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Mine did ! Can I work it or what??:D

Alright, where did you order take-out from?

disneydeb
06-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Alright, where did you order take-out from?

The Sonic in our town has hamburgers 5 for $5.00 on Tuesday nights! Hubby even picked them up for us! I can't make them at home for that price!:thumbsup:

alpro2
06-12-2007, 09:50 PM
The Sonic in our town has hamburgers 5 for $5.00 on Tuesday nights! Hubby even picked them up for us! I can't make them at home for that price!:thumbsup:
Did all the burgers make it home?

We won our playoff game tonight (I manage my DS LL team). Off to the championship series. Best 2 out of 3 starting this Friday.

Namine'
06-12-2007, 10:08 PM
We won our playoff game tonight (I manage my DS LL team). Off to the championship series. Best 2 out of 3 starting this Friday.

Great job! Best of luck with the series:number1: You should be proud it takes a lot of time and dedication to be a coach.
Did I hear bergers are on the menu? Can I bring dessert?

Dsnygirl
06-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi all... just dropping by before I head off to bed. I had to get up early (okay, yes, while you were all working...:blush:) to go get my DD's. Last day of school for Julia (DD8) and Emma (DD5) was at my mom's - her last day was yesterday. I can't believe the school year is over already!! But - I'm glad they're home... remind me of that in a few weeks... ;)
Tonight was dress rehearsal for their ballet recital on Saturday - they did great, and boy - it's the first time Emma's worn makeup like that - she was so pretty... (Not at all biased, of course...) Julia's been dancing for 4 years, so I'm "used" to seeing her all made up - but not my baby!! She looked so grown up... :(

They grow so fast don't they? Congrats on her Grad. My boys are graduating from elementary school at end of month. Can't believe it. They are off to middle school (grades 7-9) next year

It's true, isn't it? Time just flies, right when you don't want it to!! Congrats early on their graduation...

Thanks for the pixie dust for Ben. He spent some quiet time, then time playing PoTC on the computer and now he's doing his number one "coping" activity: he's drawing up a storm. Actually he just started a comic book... it's pretty amazing. My first reaction when he showed me the first few panels was to scan it and send it to his dad. I guess it's going to take a few weeks for those impulses to go away.
Sending Ben more pixie dust and a hug - it's hard when the emotions start to hit. He's lucky he has a mom like you...:)

I have finished the list and even found time for:iron: Now I am finally ... Would anyone care for a drink? I decided against wine and went for :marg:
Me! Me! Okay, no, not really - I've got some vino sitting next to me as I type... I really shouldn't overdo it...:D

Congratulations!! Good luck this weekend - that's awesome. What position does your son play?? Do you guys use pink baseballs, or is he too cool for that?? :cool:

Beast_fanatic
06-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Ok Rhonda, how about a dog bite update ???

Where I come from, a dog only bites once. You can figure out what happens after that. I'll be glad to send out the posse. Just say the word. Nobody but me bites my friends and gets away with it.

:gangster:

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone! And, for the offer of help, Frankie! :thumbsup:

The dog bite is doing a bit better. It doesn't seem to be oozing blood any more. The doctor didn't put any stitches in it - he said it had been too long since the incident (over 12 hours). So, he just told me to use hydrogen peroxide to keep it clean, then slather it with antibiotic ointment and put a band-aid on it. He also gave me 2 prescriptions for anitbiotics.

And, he called animal control and reported the incident. They'll be putting the doggy into quarantine for 10 days as a precaution. I haven't talked to my neighbors since I went to the doctor, so I don't know if they know if it wasn't me that reported it.

Our Sonic does 1/2 price burgers on Tuesday nights.

By the way, where was the question in this post, Deb?

drummerboy
06-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Rhonda, glad things are getting straightened out on the doggie bite. Hope the neighbors don't try to play the victim now that the dog has been reported.

DW decided that she could keep better track of the grands and entertain them better if they were off in the camper, so off they went to a Jellystone not too far away. I think it was a good excuse to get "Pa" to clean up the mess they left behind. How can two kids so small tear up so much in so little time?

By the way, speaking of time flying, wait until your young'uns are thirty somethings and you're trying to figure out where the time went.

marlyn
06-13-2007, 01:04 AM

Did you save one for me?

Way to go Alex's DS!! That is awesome! :thumbsup:

offwego
06-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Morning all. Sonic always looks so good in the ads. Is it really that good?

Rhonda glad the Dr. thinks it will likely be ok. Hope your neighbours are good about something that isn't your fault at all!!

Have a good wed. all. Try and find me some coffee ok??

disneydrmr
06-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Good morning everyone! At least I think it's morning.. I really didn't sleep last night... my allergies kept me awake, as did a skin issue I"m having on an area under my arm... so if you guys hear any snoring - it's me... sleeping at my desk... would somebody please turn down the lights?

Hugs to Ben... this is such a rough thing for him to go thru. Let him know he's being thought of often in JQ land. Rhonda, glad the doggy bite is doing a bit better. Hope your neighbors won't be too upset. And hope they get some training for the doggy.. would hate for it to be labled vicious and have to be destroyed.

Alex - congrats to you DS.. I'm sure the team looks handsome in their pink uniforms, hitting those pink balls with their pink bats!

Ken, do you need the number for the merry maids?

drummerboy
06-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Ken, do you need the number for the merry maids?
Oh my gosh, DW would be mortified to think that I let a cleaning crew come into her dirty house. :confused: :D

I started picking up this morning and I'll guess the rest will get done tonight before rehearsal.

How's everybody's mid-week going?

trackbarroness
06-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Very well thank you. :mickey: Anyone else having a Disney kind of day also? :cool:
Okay, okay every day is a Disney kind of day for me. Oh before I forget I saw Pirates last Wednesday. How wicked of me to forget to mention it eh? :D It was awesome and I want to own it when it comes out on DVD.

marlyn
06-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Good morning everyone! Happy Wednesday! I am back to work tomorrow so today is lazy day for me. It is beautiful and sunny here and my deck is calling me. This evening I am taking my son to a dance recital that his girlfriend is in (yes, I said girlfriend LOL). Puppy love is so cute isn't it?

Sending :pixie: to anyone who may need it. Hugs to everyone else. Have a fantasmic day! :mickey:

disneydeb
06-13-2007, 01:35 PM

Yes! Why did you think they may not?

Congratulations to your son and his team! Is the manager ready for Friday?

Hey, batter,batter---swing!

Dsnygirl
06-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi everybody! How's your Wednesday?? I just got done cleaning and organizing the basement... how sick am I that it really made me happy to do that?? It was the last place to get in order in our new house... and I believe it's just about done. Whoo hoo! DH will think it's his Father's Day present... what is it with guys & basements or garages?? ;)

Now I'm off to the showers, and the girls and I are headed off to the mall to do some FD shopping and ride the carousel. I have to work tonight, but not until 11pm... :D ... seems like such a short shift when you go in 4 hours later than usual!! :thumbsup:

Rhonda, glad to hear your bite is doing okay - good luck talking to your neighbors!! Based on how they tried to help after the bite, I'll bet they'll understand when you tell them what happened. At least I hope so!!

Ken - have fun cleaning tonight - sending some :magic: to help everything get back where it belongs!! :)

Lynne - can I join you on the deck this afternoon? Sounds like the perfect place to be today... I'll bring the :marg: ...

What's everyone's plans for this weekend?

Riri529
06-13-2007, 03:57 PM

Alex,
Congratulations to you and the boys. Good luck in the championship! I hear you are a terrific coach. With such good leadership, how can the boys lose? ;) ( Did I just give you the mal ochhio?--I hope not!)

BTW, my DD won her softball championship on Monday!! The smile on her face when she took off that catchers mask was priceless! I am so happy for her and very, very proud of her!
:baseball::team:

So, Alex, if your team wins too, where are we going to celebrate?:cheers:

Ellen, I'm sure the writing is a good outlet for Ben. I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

I have finished the list and even found time for Now I am finally Would anyone care for a drink? I decided against :wine: and went for :marg:

:marg: is my drink. I just got a margharita machine. It makes great frozen ones. We enjoyed some just the other day. So salt or no salt?

Hi all... just dropping by before I head off to bed. I had to get up early (okay, yes, while you were all working...) to go get my DD's. Last day of school for Julia (DD8) and Emma (DD5) was at my mom's - her last day was yesterday. I can't believe the school year is over already!! But - I'm glad they're home... remind me of that in a few weeks...
Tonight was dress rehearsal for their ballet recital on Saturday - they did great, and boy - it's the first time Emma's worn makeup like that - she was so pretty... (Not at all biased, of course...) Julia's been dancing for 4 years, so I'm "used" to seeing her all made up - but not my baby!! She looked so grown up... :(

I know just how you feel. DD is "graduating" from elementary school tomorrow. Where did the years go??
Break a leg to your dancer in her show this weekend.

Rhonda, Sorry to hear about the dog bite. Hope you heal quickly.
Jasper, hope your mom is doing better.

School is almost out. Is everybody ready for the summer?

alpro2
06-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks for all your congrats! But, for all of you "Smart Alex's" out there...No, there aren't any pink baseballs, pink uniforms, pink bats. Perhaps if they played baseball like I play golf, then they would use pink equipment. :D

Alex,
Congratulations to you and the boys. Good luck in the championship! I hear you are a terrific coach. With such good leadership, how can the boys lose? ;) ( Did I just give you the mal ochhio?--I hope not!)

BTW, my DD won her softball championship on Monday!! The smile on her face when she took off that catchers mask was priceless! I am so happy for her and very, very proud of her!
:baseball::team:

So, Alex, if your team wins too, where are we going to celebrate?:cheers:
Thanks Maria....and congrats to DD on her team's championship.

So, you ask where are we going if we win? We are going to Disney World, where else? :cool:

dlpmikki
06-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok Guys and Gals I need advice! Can you help? :D

Banker Babe - you might know why on earth our bank have invted us out (or not - it doesn't make sense to us and I used to work for a bank!) Anyhow we were invited for a day out at Royal Ascot races. Yes the Queen will be there but no, dh Andrew will not. The bank have agreed for me to take anyone I like! So I am taking a retired work collegue who loves horse racing.

Thnkfully it is not ladies day so I don't have to go totally overboard on outfits but there will be TV cameras there. I have some feathers for a head piece and a brown and cream patterned dress (I am not a dress person and this is also for a wedding in august!)

I know we are being treated to lunch but not sure what else is included. Do you think the outfit (from that poor description) sounds OK? Practical? Oh it has a matching cream jacket and fluffy bit at the front lapel. Good at giving descriptions aren't I? :swing: (not!)

ElenitaB
06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Frankie, please put an all points bulletin out for Christine! Where is she?

Way to go! Congrats all around!

The dog bite is doing a bit better. It doesn't seem to be oozing blood any more. The doctor didn't put any stitches in it - he said it had been too long since the incident (over 12 hours). So, he just told me to use hydrogen peroxide to keep it clean, then slather it with antibiotic ointment and put a band-aid on it. He also gave me 2 prescriptions for anitbiotics.

And, he called animal control and reported the incident. They'll be putting the doggy into quarantine for 10 days as a precaution. I haven't talked to my neighbors since I went to the doctor, so I don't know if they know if it wasn't me that reported it.
Glad to hear that you're doing a bit better, Rhonda! What a year, huh? Hope the neighbors realize that it's not your fault their rambunctious fur baby is being put in quarantine... that would be like blaming the victim for the crime, don't you think?

Oh my gosh, DW would be mortified to think that I let a cleaning crew come into her dirty house.
We could always come over and help! :D

What's everyone's plans for this weekend?
Oh my... seems we are in summer mode already! It's Wednesday and thoughts are turning to the weekend.

School is almost out. Is everybody ready for the summer?
To quote Ken, "I rest my case."

:marg: is my drink. I just got a margharita machine. It makes great frozen ones. We enjoyed some just the other day. So salt or no salt?

I know just how you feel. DD is "graduating" from elementary school tomorrow. Where did the years go??
Maria, is it one of those new lime green machines? They look really nice... I think we should give it a whirl out on Lynne's deck and then have Ken give us a ride over to Mikki's to try it out on her deck. What do you think?

Congrats to all the graduates (that goes for your boys as well, Lynne, and to your daughter, Blythe)!

Ok Guys and Gals I need advice! Can you help? :D

I know we are being treated to lunch but not sure what else is included. Do you think the outfit (from that poor description) sounds OK? Practical? Oh it has a matching cream jacket and fluffy bit at the front lapel. Good at giving descriptions aren't I? :swing: (not!)
I have no advice to give but I definitely want to see a picture of this! Say hi to the Queen for us!

Oh, I must tell you that I got the blueberry creamer this morning, and it wasn't half bad. Whose advice was that? Lynne or Blythe?? Thanks for the tip!

disneydeb
06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Congrats to your daughter on winning her softball championship! :thumbsup:
My daughter played catcher too as her softball position. Don't you just love sll the dirt the catcher picks up at that position?:D

Marlyn I have a burger left if I can borrow a question .;)

drummerboy
06-13-2007, 11:21 PM
To quote Ken, "I rest my case."
Holy cow, I think you just jogged my memory and solved the missing rum mystery! I set the case of rum bottles down in the lower hold and sat on it to rest when somebody hollered that the goat and the monkey were fighting up on deck and I ran up to see what was going on but by that time the monkey was up in the mizzenmast and the goat was eating the spare sails so I forgot about the case that I'd been resting on but now I remember. :whew:

Can somebody check the lower hold?

drummerboy
06-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Um...I didn't mean for everybody to run down to the lower hold at once. Is there anybody steering the ship? :sail:

disneydeb
06-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Holy cow, I think you just jogged my memory and solved the missing rum mystery! I set the case of rum bottles down in the lower hold and sat on it to rest when somebody hollered that the goat and the monkey were fighting up on deck and I ran up to see what was going on but by that time the monkey was up in the mizzenmast and the goat was eating the spare sails so I forgot about the case that I'd been resting on but now I remember. :whew:

Can somebody check the lower hold?

Um...I didn't mean for everybody to run down to the lower hold at once. Is there anybody steering the ship? :sail:

Whe I got to the hold,the monkey was sitting on the case, drinking a bottle of rum and the goat had set the ship on auto-pilot. At least that is what the old goat says. I didn't know the ship had auto-pilot, did you?:confused:

dlpmikki
06-14-2007, 08:42 AM

Where did that Iceberg come from? Look out, we are heading straight for it! :eek::scared::bolt::faint:

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Firstly to Alex's son and Maria's daughter....
:congrats::high5: :hands:

I know we are being treated to lunch but not sure what else is included. Do you think the outfit (from that poor description) sounds OK? Practical? Oh it has a matching cream jacket and fluffy bit at the front lapel. Good at giving descriptions aren't I? :swing: (not!) I think it sounds perfect Mikki! You are even putting feathers on! Please remember to share the experience with us!

Oh, I must tell you that I got the blueberry creamer this morning, and it wasn't half bad. Sorry Ellen, but I have no idea what you are talking about.....for coffee? :sick:

Can somebody check the lower hold? Sorry. I don't do basements... or heights either for the record. I will look after the mess with the pirates. :blush:

offwego
06-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Oh my gosh, DW would be mortified to think that I let a cleaning crew come into her dirty house. :confused: :D

I started picking up this morning and I'll guess the rest will get done tonight before rehearsal.

How's everybody's mid-week going?
Uh Ken, the trick here is to say you did it. Much better that way no?

Banker Babe - you might know why on earth our bank have invted us out (or not - it doesn't make sense to us and I used to work for a bank!) Anyhow we were invited for a day out at Royal Ascot races. Yes the Queen will be there but no, dh Andrew will not. The bank have agreed for me to take anyone I like! So I am taking a retired work collegue who loves horse racing.

Mikki I'm actually required to take at least one client out each week to something and to have some kind of reception, seminar something each quarter for between 20-40. It's quite quite normal to be invited to events. Is your bank in anyway a sponser for that day? (no idea if that's possible but it often means we are told to bring more people to an event than just having an event itself in the area). Your outfit sounds lovely. (and don't worry your banker is likely as stressed as you...I'm going to be heading out next week or so on a commercial fishing boat for the whole day. Imagine how I feel about that!!)

Firstly to Alex's son and Maria's daughter....
:congrats::high5: :hands:
I think it sounds perfect Mikki! You are even putting feathers on! Please remember to share the experience with us!
Sorry Ellen, but I have no idea what you are talking about.....for coffee? :sick:
Sorry. I don't do basements... or heights either for the record. I will look after the mess with the pirates. :blush:

Congrats indeed to Maria and Alex (oh and Sandy while I'm at a roundup I agree the DVD sounds amazing!!).

Jenn if your tall how do you avoid doing heights exactly?

drummerboy
06-14-2007, 09:22 AM
At least that is what the old goat says.
I did not say that.

Is everybody awake yet?

offwego
06-14-2007, 11:18 AM
I did not say that.

Is everybody awake yet?

No I'm typing in my sleep is that ok? Should I not be doing that?

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm ticked. I just had a "discussion" with a co-worker who came to ask my opinion about something I have authority over, but she uses. I gave my opinion and advised that it would be done according to the standard set. She kept reitterating what she was going to do... so I asked her "Why are you asking my opinion if you are not going to listen to what I am saying?" She smiled and kept saying it...then said she will go to discuss with our Chief Auditor to see what he wants..... I am SO ticked off. Why ask a question if you don't want a response? :mad::mad::mad:

offwego
06-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Why ask a question if you don't want a response? :mad::mad::mad:

Apparently it's national do this day! I have a co-worker doing a similiar :mad::mad: thing (not the same but similiar).

Never ever ever ever will I do a R & R commitee chair position again. If I even say I'm thinking about it will you all promise to put me out of my misery? It's driving me to :marg::marg:

drummerboy
06-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Because she thinks if she repeats the same question enough times, you'll say OK?

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Because she thinks if she repeats the same question enough times, you'll say OK?
Ahhhhh. The old "wear 'em down" tactic. Doesn't she realize that I have two young children? I am a pro at standing my ground. Where are those :marg::marg: Nat? Don't tell me I have to go below deck for one!

offwego
06-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Ahhhhh. The old "wear 'em down" tactic. Doesn't she realize that I have two young children? I am a pro at standing my ground. Where are those :marg::marg: Nat? Don't tell me I have to go below deck for one!

I'm supposed to have enough to share? That could be a problem. I'll see what I can do but promise not to put them any where too far above or below ok?

Hmm where's the monkey with the rum? Or do we need a parrot with Tequila now?

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Or do we need a parrot with Tequila now?
As long as it ain't the worm! That's gross if you ask me. Do you have pretzels to go with those :marg: ?

offwego
06-14-2007, 01:57 PM
As long as it ain't the worm! That's gross if you ask me. Do you have pretzels to go with those :marg: ?

would mints do? I've got an apple too. No pretzels though. Does anyone else have something to help us out or are they all off with Frankie saving the world?

alpro2
06-14-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm ticked. I just had a "discussion" with a co-worker who came to ask my opinion about something I have authority over, but she uses. I gave my opinion and advised that it would be done according to the standard set. She kept reitterating what she was going to do... so I asked her "Why are you asking my opinion if you are not going to listen to what I am saying?" She smiled and kept saying it...then said she will go to discuss with our Chief Auditor to see what he wants..... I am SO ticked off. Why ask a question if you don't want a response? :mad::mad::mad:
I know a secret ageny spy (who use to hold the title of "Best Legs") who can probably convince your co-worker to do it the right way.

Hey Root :beer: Float guy....Q is in the kitchen. Can you go to the Great White North and handle a little "problem" for us?

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Hey Root :beer: Float guy....Q is in the kitchen. Can you go to the Great White North and handle a little "problem" for us?
Don't you mean "Take Off, eh!"? Thanks for setting this up. ;) Are you preparing the cookies for tomorrow's battle, Alex?

alpro2
06-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Don't you mean "Take Off, eh!"? Thanks for setting this up. ;) Are you preparing the cookies for tomorrow's battle, Alex?
Wrong department. I am in the consumption end of the business. I think the Bobsey Babes are in production. Perhaps Banker Babe or Biscotti Babe can help too?

offwego
06-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Theres a cookie battle? How did I miss that? hmm..oatmeal/molasses/ginger with rasberry jam filling maybe? Or my biscotti? or bruni ma brutti? Or perhaps ruglach?...how many are we allowed to enter?

alpro2
06-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Theres a cookie battle? How did I miss that? hmm..oatmeal/molasses/ginger with rasberry jam filling maybe? Or my biscotti? or bruni ma brutti? Or perhaps ruglach?...how many are we allowed to enter?
Didn't I tell you that Banker Babe is the one to ask? We posted at the same time, and look at her response. :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Hey -- I wonder how Rhonda's dog bite is today. I hope the anti-biotic stuff is helping (Here's some :pixie: Rhonda!) Maybe we can change her name to "Dog-Bite Babe"?

offwego
06-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Didn't I tell you that Banker Babe is the one to ask? We posted at the same time, and look at her response. :thumbsup:

Ya know I almost used that as a nickname yesterday. I had to be "interviewed" on video for some work thing and needed to set up a nickname..since I normally loathe Nat (if the real world only knew how many of you call me that they'd nearly die trust me!!), I was pretty stumped let me tell you. After that the video part was easy. So any other suggestions for a next time?

offwego
06-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey -- I wonder how Rhonda's dog bite is today. I hope the anti-biotic stuff is helping (Here's some :pixie: Rhonda!) Maybe we can change her name to "Dog-Bite Babe"?

Doesn't beast babe cover this indirectly? Besides taking away her name won't make Rhonda feel better will it? And speaking of missing people. Where is everyone today? Are there houses we should be renoing or something?

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Besides taking away her name won't make Rhonda feel better will it? You are right.

The entire Ohio contingent is MIA, as is most of New York and all of Texas....It's pretty much Ontario, SC and part of NY.... Maybe we should steer the ship to the south. I have some lovely fabric scraps begging to be used in some decorative way... Who do you want to start with?

offwego
06-14-2007, 03:52 PM
You are right.

The entire Ohio contingent is MIA, as is most of New York and all of Texas....It's pretty much Ontario, SC and part of NY.... Maybe we should steer the ship to the south. I have some lovely fabric scraps begging to be used in some decorative way... Who do you want to start with?
They had floods in Texas...so how about the Ohio group? Doesn't Di have a neighbour who has extra grass for perhaps a Stitch theme?

Does your fabric have pineapples?

drummerboy
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
You are right.

Who's in SC?

offwego
06-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Who's in SC?

Your RV maybe? Your in NC right? or maybe not..perhaps you've relocated to some new and special place? HMMM..if I were Ken where would I move too...

Riri529
06-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi all! My DD "graduated" from elementary school today. They had a video chronicling the 72 kids from kindergarten thru 5th grade. Where did all these years go? Anybody have a tissue?:(

Jasper
06-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Did anyone hear the news that just came across that Ruth Graham, the wife of Billy Graham died this afternoon?

While the Grahams are not a part of my particular religion they certainly deserve tremendous praise for their efforts at preaching Jesus' word and trying to keep faith an important and relevant part of American society at a time when religion seemed to be under attack from so many elements. And, from everything I have ever read it certainly sounds like Ruth was just as important a part of the family ministry as Billy was, she was just more in the background.

trackbarroness
06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Did anyone request these :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar: :train: didn't get outside today how awesome was that huh? Okay I spent the entire shift inside Space Mountain.

alpro2
06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
C'mon Jen....you've got Ken and me. Who else do you need? :D

Your RV maybe? Your in NC right? or maybe not..perhaps you've relocated to some new and special place? HMMM..if I were Ken where would I move too...
Actually, I am in NC today....Charlotte.

Hi all! My DD "graduated" from elementary school today. They had a video chronicling the 72 kids from kindergarten thru 5th grade. Where did all these years go? Anybody have a tissue?:(
Congrats to your DD, Maria. Are you crying because you are "old"? ;)

mtown71
06-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Here's Bloom's Babe from the OH contingent. :) How is everyone tonight? I have just been very busy at work. Summer is our busy time. Looks like I have missed quite a bit. The huge lettering scared me a little.
Rhonda, so glad to hear that your dog bite is doing better. Yeah, there is only a 10-12 hour time frame to get stitches. The risk for infection is too high after that. Very rare have I seen our docs stitch after that. I hope the neighbors don't get upset with you due to the fact that they had to quarantine the dog. That is standard procedure.
Maria, congrats to your DD..that is great news!
Cookie war??? Hmm..do I need to fire up the oven?

Riri529
06-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks Deb, thanks Alex for the congrats on my DD's milestone.

Alex, old you say? Funny, I wasn't feeling very old the other day on the tennis court.:tennis:

ElenitaB
06-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Should we cast a spell against her? (I'm in that mood... see below)

Theres a cookie battle? How did I miss that? hmm..oatmeal/molasses/ginger with raspberry jam filling maybe? Or my biscotti? or bruni ma brutti? Or perhaps ruglach?...how many are we allowed to enter?
Rugelach... now you're hitting below the belt. When's the cookie battle? I'll bring the Starbucks! :D

Questions: where is Christine? How is Jasper's mom? How did Lynne's son's "date" go? How's Rhonda's arm? What DVD, Sandy?

And last but not least, when will the drama in my life end? I just got a phone call from my sister-in-law who I haven't heard from in years, crying hysterically that her brother is not being buried in their hometown and that he was cremated. I have tried my best with the woman who is making all the arrangements to have him buried in the family plot... I've said it at least five times now (and it's not easy for me to confront this woman). In fact, this afternoon once again I called her to tell her that I want him buried next to his mom and that his older daughters want this as well. But, of course, no one has spoken up but me. :mad: Now I'm upset and feeling guilty and very stressed. Am I always going to come out as the villian here??? I can't stand the drama. (Sorry for the vent :blush: )

Beast_fanatic
06-15-2007, 12:09 AM

My arm is still healing although a bit of blood still oozes out now and then. It's still a bit swollen and slightly warm to the touch, but much better than before. :thumbsup:

Someone at work today did describe it as being blue though (from the bruising).

Rhonda, so glad to hear that your dog bite is doing better. Yeah, there is only a 10-12 hour time frame to get stitches. The risk for infection is too high after that. Very rare have I seen our docs stitch after that. I hope the neighbors don't get upset with you due to the fact that they had to quarantine the dog. That is standard procedure.

The neighbors weren't upset at all. I finally got to speak to them tonight, and they were still very apologetic. They even insisted and gave me $20 to cover the co-pay for my doctor's visit (I didn't tell them about the $14 for the antibiotic co-pays). Animal control is allowing them to keep the dog in quarantine at home. She has to stay in the backyard and/or her crate, and can't even go out for a walk on a leash for the 10 days, but it's better than having her at the vet.

Questions: where is Christine? How is Jasper's mom? How did Lynne's son's "date" go? How's Rhonda's arm? What DVD, Sandy?

Was this the time that Christine was going to the church camp thing?

I don't know how Jasper's mom is, but I'm still transmitting :pixie: her way.

And, see above for a report on my arm.

I don't know what DVD Sandy is talking about either. :shrug:

And last but not least, when will the drama in my life end? I just got a phone call from my sister-in-law who I haven't heard from in years, crying hysterically that her brother is not being buried in their hometown and that he was cremated. I have tried my best with the woman who is making all the arrangements to have him buried in the family plot... I've said it at least five times now (and it's not easy for me to confront this woman). In fact, this afternoon once again I called her to tell her that I want him buried next to his mom and that his older daughters want this as well. But, of course, no one has spoken up but me. :mad: Now I'm upset and feeling guilty and very stressed. Am I always going to come out as the villian here??? I can't stand the drama. (Sorry for the vent :blush: )

Sorry about the excess drama, Ellen! :pixie: on the way for you too! Sounds like you are stuck in the middle :crowd: of a situation that you don't even belong in.

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Who's in SC?I didn't want to blow your cover....I know you are in NC, but I put SC. It's the monkey's fault. He distracted me. Will you forgive me???

Anybody have a tissue?:(Congratulations to your DD Maria. Here's a tissue.... I remember sobbing when Harry graduated from Kindergarten. DH was so embarrassed! :blush:

Did anyone request these :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar: That was me....well DS3 actually....this morning. Can you send a couple up this way? Better yet, I will come and pick them up. ;)

C'mon Jen....you've got Ken and me. Who else do you need?
Actually, I am in NC today....Charlotte.With you and Ken...what more could I possibly need? Are you practicing for a big race or something?

Am I always going to come out as the villian here??? I can't stand the drama. (Sorry for the vent)Probably. My experience is that someone always has to be the villain, and it is usually the one trying to please everyone. WE know you are just a pirate. :hug:

My arm is still healing although a bit of blood still oozes out now and then. It's still a bit swollen and slightly warm to the touch, but much better than before.I am so glad that it is getting better Rhonda. Our neighbours dog was also allowed to serve her quarantine at home (but she is looking for a new one now)... It sounds like you have decent neighbours.

offwego
06-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Vent away..so sorry to hear this. I hope it all gets worked out. How is Ben doing?

Someone at work today did describe it as being blue though (from the bruising).
Was this the time that Christine was going to the church camp thing?

I

Rhonda, that's cool about your neighbours. I think you might be right about Christine hope she's ok with the roughing it.
Tell your hubby you need lots of :marg: to recover this weekend.

Congratulations to your DD Maria. Here's a tissue.... I remember sobbing when Harry graduated from Kindergarten. DH was so embarrassed! :blush:

That was me on the first day...DS wandered in waved good bye and I bawled!! My best friend almost had to peel me off the fence. I was a wreck. I handled the grad much better thankgoodness. (afterall I couldn't get worse then attaching myself to a fence could I?)

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2007, 09:41 AM
(afterall I couldn't get worse then attaching myself to a fence could I?)
I often find myself on the fence. :D

What's Rugelach?

mtown71
06-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Ellen, sorry about the constant drama. Pixie & prayers to you in hopes that things slow down.

Rhonda, glad to hear that your arm is doing good & that things are cool with your neighbors.

Anyone have good plans for the weekend? I have to work tonight & tomorrow. UGH!! Can we turn the monkey lose at my workplace?

offwego
06-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I often find myself on the fence. :D

What's Rugelach? Kinda hard to explain but here goes. It's a pastry based cookie with a cream cheese dough, you roll it in a circle then cut it in triangle wedges, sprinkle a filling on it then roll them up into cresents. (can be made smallish or largeish) I make a version with rasberry jam and mini choc. chips and one with apricot jam and diced dates or figs with nutmeg in the dough. Also can be a choc dough as well with other stuff. Sprinkle with sugar and bake. Quite yummy and freeze really well (either baked or not)

Ellen, sorry about the constant drama. Pixie & prayers to you in hopes that things slow down.

Rhonda, glad to hear that your arm is doing good & that things are cool with your neighbors.

Anyone have good plans for the weekend? I have to work tonight & tomorrow. UGH!! Can we turn the monkey lose at my workplace? Wouldn't the monkeys make a mess?

disneydeb
06-15-2007, 10:11 AM

Congratulations on the graduation and congratulations on making it through!

Ellen,I'm so sorry you are going through all this undeserved trial and tribulation now. Hold Ben close and try not to let the others in this situation weigh you down. You have enough to deal with in your own life! Bless You!

Does anyone else just want to go sit in the Rose Garden with me?