PDA

View Full Version : So glad I didn't wait for JetBlue!!

merlinmagic4
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
JetBlue seems to have released November dates. The website didn't seem to be working properly, though. I couldn't click on "next day" to find different fares. I am SO glad I went ahead and booked Delta. The fares for my trip 11/9-11/14 are 600-700 per person on JetBlue and I got 228 on Delta.........I love JetBlue but I just can't afford them!

tyandskyesmom
05-15-2007, 03:03 PM
That's a great price comparison I just hope you don't live to regret booking Delta...

TiggeRia
05-15-2007, 04:14 PM
It's amazing how quickly and how often JetBlue's prices change. I bought my tickets for October last week or so, and only paid $188 round trip from Newark. Glad I purchased them then! :)

five all-the-way
05-15-2007, 04:19 PM
The ability to book Jet Blue for various days in November and December has been changing throughout the day. First thing this morning, I couldn't price out anything in November or December for Boston to Orlando. Later in the morning, I could find flights through November 9th, but no later. Now it seems all of November or December is available from the home page, though not from the "Book a Flight" page. The ability to book some of the other routes in November or December isn't even available yet.

I also find it strange that the prices are consistent for all days that I tried: $299 each way for all direct flights, $349 each way for all flights with connections, no matter what the day or time. Usually, theres a good deal of variation even within a single day, let alone between different days. October's prices are still about where they have been for the past month.

With all of that, I have to believe the are just updating their site and the correct prices haven't been input yet.

I was wrong once before, though...

merlinmagic4
05-15-2007, 04:39 PM
That's a great price comparison I just hope you don't live to regret booking Delta...

I don't think I'll regret it! We flew Delta last month (same late evening flight) and they were great! We had no problems other than that nasty weather delaying our flight. I LOVED JetBlue but can't justify 600-700 per person for a flight to Orlando! I keep looking because if you find a flight cheaper on another airline, Delta supposedly will refund your money if you book through their site. So, I keep my eyes open :thumbsup:

Tinkerbellfan
05-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I just talked to a jetBlue sales rep on the phone. It seems when they start loading their prices onto the web site, they start with the highest rates and go backwards. These are the highest possible rates currently on the web site. This sales rep claims in the next 24 to 48 hours, all of the prices will be loaded for the dates through the end of December 2007.

Hope this helps!

merlinmagic4
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I just talked to a jetBlue sales rep on the phone. It seems when they start loading their prices onto the web site, they start with the highest rates and go backwards. These are the highest possible rates currently on the web site. This sales rep claims in the next 24 to 48 hours, all of the prices will be loaded for the dates through the end of December 2007.

Hope this helps!

Well, I would hope they are the highest possible rates!! I don't know who could pay them!

Thanks for the info; I'll keep watching it :thumbsup:

five all-the-way
05-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I just talked to a jetBlue sales rep ...

:thanks: for looking into this.

lovenmickey
05-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I just checked Jet Blue for our Dec 1-9th trip flying from Boston to Orlando is $299 pp each way! Almost $1900 for 3 people... I sure hope SW comes through!

five all-the-way
05-17-2007, 06:31 AM
I just checked Jet Blue for our Dec 1-9th trip flying from Boston to Orlando is $299 pp each way! Almost $1900 for 3 people... I sure hope SW comes through!

I'd check again. JetBlue updated their Boston to Orlando rates for those days since yesterday. I just checked a December 1 departure and a December 9 return, and the fares were $119 to $159.

merlinmagic4
05-17-2007, 06:35 AM
I just saw that! They are 258 round trip and I paid 228 for Delta. It might be worth the switch. Luckily I can cancel Delta for a full refund and no penalities since I booked online through them! I just emailed my husband and mother to see what they want to do! Although Delta had a schedule change that actually works in my favor so now I have a big decision to make but I like having the choice :thumbsup:

lovenmickey
05-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks for that info, I will def. check that out. I am still holding out for a good SW Ding though! Hopefully SW will release their Dec dates soon!