PDA

View Full Version : Which Boardwalk Area Restaurant?

gtpooh
05-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi!

We are trying to pick a Boardwalk area restaurant for dinner during our stay in November? Which would you recommend -- the Yachtsman Steakhouse, The Flying Fish or Spoodles? Is there anything else? We haven't yet been to any of these, so any advice would be appreciated!! :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

pox24
05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
All are good choices, the Yachtsman is at the Yacht Club, just a short walk or boat ride away.
Spoodles... Family atmoshpere, food very good.
ESPN Club...Great for lunch. Sportsbar.
Big River... Micro brewery, BBQ, very good.
Flying Fish... Little more elegant and can be pricy.
Why not try them all!:thumbsup:

xipetotec
05-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi!

We are trying to pick a Boardwalk area restaurant for dinner during our stay in November? Which would you recommend -- the Yachtsman Steakhouse, The Flying Fish or Spoodles? Is there anything else? We haven't yet been to any of these, so any advice would be appreciated!! :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

We *always* visit Big River Grille and Brew Works. Most of the time, it's because we stay at the Beach Club and are close by. But even last year when I took a mini-trip with DW staying at the All-Star Movies, we left Epcot through the International Gateway one evening just so we could eat there.

It is family friendly, don't let the "brew works" throw you off, the food and beer are both very good. :beer:

MOJoe
05-15-2007, 05:30 PM
There are also some high end choices at the Dolphin, just a short walk away.
Shula's Steakhouse
Todd English's Bluezoo
I've tried Big River Brewing Co. It's o.k. but not in the same catagory as the names you listed.

Maleficent's Dad
05-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Flying Fish is a fun atmosphere - very bustling - with uniquely prepared fish dishes. We've always had good luck there.

Spoodles - this place has been a bit more "hit and miss" for us. Food is good, service has been inconsistent in our experiences. But that being said, most people love it.

Big River - gets crowded on weekend nights, but a good choice, especially for salads and the such. Great beers! :beer:

Yachtsman's Steakhouse has received some mediocre reviews here, but we've always found it to be top notch (and you'll pay for it). Good meat, great, great service.

Good luck in whatever you decide! :mickey:

gtpooh
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks. I made an ADR for the Flying Fish, but I may change it if there is still availability if something seems better. We're going to Le Cellier and Narcosees during this trip, so I thought the Flying Fish would be a good alternate choice that is more different than the Yachtsman, but if everyone wants meat, Yachtsman sounds better....

Tygger7
05-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Of course, then there's the more casual "Beaches 'n Cream Soda Shop".....Kitchen Sink Sundae...that's my dinner.:joy:

madhatterrules
05-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Spoodles!!! Definately Spoodles:mickey:
We have had wonderful food there and great service. Really good desserts too. I have an ADR already planned for our August trip. My husband and daughter both agreed it was on the top of their lists.