PDA

View Full Version : San Angel Inn - Food Poisoning

Jeff T
05-14-2007, 01:12 PM
A friend of mine just returned from a vacation at WDW, and a member of his family obtained food poisoning from a dinner at the San Angel Inn within EPCOT. It seems the shrimp served during dinner was the culprit.

My family has ADRs at San Angel Inn during our July trip to WDW. I'm now having second thoughts about the place.

Anyone else had such an experience during the past few months at the San Angel Inn?

BigRedDad
05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
If it was food poisoning and they (Health Services) is able to track it to the shrimp, they have to report it to CDC or something like that. I would not be too concerned. I don't eat sea food, but I would never eat it from a restaurant I did not personally know.

skisurf2
05-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Just ate there, no problems. Read about up on food poisoning. Most people think it is the last meal they eat. It could have been from a meal a week ago.

Spaceship Tigger
05-15-2007, 07:30 AM
The most common cause of food poisoning is a bacteria infection, and these can take hours to days cause illness. I think it's really difficult for anyone to say exactly where they got food poisoning from unless other people who ate the same food also got sick.

Even so, if it did come from San Angel, these kinds of things can happen at any restaurant. I would expect it to be an isolated incident.

pox24
05-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Never had gotten sick, but San Angel is not one of our favorites anyway. The atmosphere is however is fantastic.

DVC2004
05-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Never any problems. It could have been food poisoning, but it also could have been any number of the surfaces touched throughout the day/week at the parks. Think of how many guests are going around sick or not washing thier hands properly.

illini
05-15-2007, 09:16 AM
I agree with the others. If it's just one person, and it wasn't confirmed by the health department, I wouldn't be terribly quick to blame the shrimp.

I'd keep the ADR and enjoy! No worries!