PDA

View Full Version : Electric Carts?

Lynn J Mc
05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
How much do the electric carts for disabled people rent for at the parks? Are they like the strollers and you turn them in and get a new one at the next park if you are park-hopping?

Piglet822
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
We just rented one a few weeks ago. I believe it was $40 with a $5 returnable deposit. If you park hop keep the receipt you're given when you turn the scooter in. Then all you have to pay is the $5 deposit at the next park. Keep in mind, scooters are rented on a first come first served basis. We hopped from Epcot to MK and were unable to get a scooter at MK. We could have put our name on a list but I think the girl said there were about 30 people ahead of us :eek:
If you're going to need a scooter for any length of time I strongly recommend renting one from an outside company. You'll pay for the whole week and the chair will be available to you whenever you need it. The companies will deliver it and pick it up at your resort when you're done.

Here is some additional info from info central:

Wheelchair and ECV Rentals (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/specialneeds/default.asp)

AuntDJ
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
While I am not in need of one of these, both of my parents are....so here is what you should think of...

It is a LONG distance from the bus stops to the front of the park (and depending on where you are in your hotel) and possibly a long walk from your room to the bus stop... I say this as the first time I took my mom we did not rent until in the park, and she was worn out by the time we got tothe front!

We rented from Walker Mobility; the ECV was there when we checked in and we dropped it off at baggage claim (at the hotel) when we left.

Also, I want to say, that even if you do not need one in your everyday life, do NOT feel guilty for getting one a DisneyWorld..you have paid alot of $$ for this trip and it would be horrible for you to miss out on memories with your family because you couldn't walk the park..(just my .02 cents) An ECV is the only way my dad could keep up with us (he has one leg and doesn't normally need one, but long distances are painful for him)!

Once I reread your original post, I realized I didn't really answer your question- you can rent them like strollers, if you park hop you just pay the $5 deposit and get a new ECV, but if one is not available, then you are out of luck...

HAVE FUN!

DJ