PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Villa questions:

Sunshine1010
05-13-2007, 11:18 PM
1. I heard there was a sale for AKL/DVC....when does it end?
2. If there is a sale....what is the price?
3. If I don't buy, when can I make a ressie at 7 mos. out?
4. If I do buy, when can I make a ressie?
5. Is there a huge difference in points?
6. What are the dues per point?
7. If I do buy, can I finance or pay cash like I did my other one?
8. How can I get a use year of December?
9. If I am not allowed to get a certain use year, and I bought in the months of May or June...what would my Use Year's be?

Thank you so much in advance....

Ian
05-14-2007, 07:30 AM
1. I heard there was a sale for AKL/DVC....when does it end?It's hard to say when it "ends." They told us it ended 72 hours after we saw the presentation, so I think it's rolling depending on when you contact them about buying.

2. If there is a sale....what is the price?There's currently an $8 per point downpayment assistance being offered. They'll add $8 per point in downpayment money to your 10% (minimum) downpayment.

3. If I don't buy, when can I make a ressie at 7 mos. out?Yes, 7 months out if it's not your home resort.

4. If I do buy, when can I make a ressie?As soon as you have your points, you can make a ressie 11 months out.

5. Is there a huge difference in points?Not really. There are more levels of accomodations at VAKL, though, so it's tough to compare directly. Their cheapest accomodations are actually smaller than a Studio (they're like regular AKL rooms, which are small). Those are actually less points than say Saratoga. But then as you get up to like Savannah view rooms it goes up. It's probably about 7-10% more points at VAKL for comparable accomodations.

6. What are the dues per point?I believe it's about $4.50 per point.

7. If I do buy, can I finance or pay cash like I did my other one?Yes.

8. How can I get a use year of December?You have to buy in December.

9. If I am not allowed to get a certain use year, and I bought in the months of May or June...what would my Use Year's be?Your use year starts in the month you buy your points.

CarolMN
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM
..(snip)...3. If I don't buy, when can I make a ressie at 7 mos. out? The soonest any non-AKV owner may call MS to make a reservation to stay at the AKV is June 6, 2007. The 7 month window still applies. In other words, if you want to stay at AKV in Octoer 2006 and you own at SSR, you may not use SSR points to reserve your AKV stay until June 6, 2007. If you want to use SSR points to stay in February, 2008, you must wait for the 7 month window to open in July.

. ..4. If I do buy, when can I make a ressie? The earliest an AKV owner can call for a reservation is May 16, 2007. The 11 month window still applies. However, you cannot book a stay that begins prior to the ready date of the portion of the AKV you bought. Your guide & purchase papers will have the actual date for you.

..(8. How can I get a use year of December?If you are buying an add on contract, Disney will automatically give you the same use year as your Master contract. They will not sell you a different use year unless you buy at least the minimum for a new contract (160 points).

..(9. If I am not allowed to get a certain use year, and I bought in the months of May or June...what would my Use Year's be?.......If you are buying a new contract (minimum of 160 points), you can request a particular use year if you so choose. Disney generally sells you a use year that begins 4 -5 months prior to the month you buy your contract. Again, if the AKV purchase will be an add on, DIsney will only sell you the same use year you already have.