PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay with Grandparents?

MouseDawg
05-13-2007, 10:21 PM
We are planning on going in November with my wife's parents and our 3 yr old (4 adults & 1 child total). I don't really want to share a bedroom with my in-laws (although they are great). I was really hoping to stay at the CR, but to get two bedrooms is more than I was willing to pay. I keep getting back to a value resort with adjoining rooms, but I wanted nicer this time [in my best Lucy accent, :( "WAAAAAAAAAA"].

Any other ideas other than settling for two rooms at a value?

kakn7294
05-13-2007, 10:51 PM
:welcome: to Intercot! I highly recommend POFQ in 2 rooms. It's a beautiful resort and small in size in comparison to many of the other resorts, making it easy to get around. Of course, it's going to cost you more than a value resort but only about $30 more per night than a single standard room at the CR - for me it would be a small price to pay for my privacy!

vamaggie
05-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Have you polled the grandparents? They may want to stay at a mod or deluxe and would be willing to pay some of the difference from the values.

TammiMcMan
05-14-2007, 08:57 AM
If you want to stay in the MK area, without having to book a 2nd room, your choices are a bit limited. I'll use about $330 per night as the average for the CR. For around $150 more per night, you could upgrade to a junior suite at the WL. It does have 2 rooms that are separated by french doors. One room has 2 queen beds and the living room has a sofa bed. In addition, you'd have club level amenities, so not a bad value at all.

Your other option is a cabin in Fort Wilderness. Again, they come with separate rooms. The bedroom has a full size bed and set of bunk beds, while the living room has a pull down full size Murphy bed. They're furnished with living room furniture as well as a fairly complete kitchen. It's definitely not roughing it and the cabins still come with daily maid service. These are in the $230 range per night and many people find it convenient to rent golf carts onsite for ease in moving about the campground.

disney100%
05-14-2007, 01:02 PM
My DH and I traveled with my parents and our 14 month old son last year. We ended up getting 2 rooms at POR. I was able to use my AAA discount on both rooms (saving $180 off each room over 6 nights). We had a connecting door which gave my DS a lot more space to cruise around. I have never stayed at a value, so I can't speak about those. We have already planned our 2008 trip and we are going to do the same thing and hopefully we will get connecting rooms again.

ginny57
05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Seriously consider the cabins. Your little one can sleep on the bottom bunk in the bedroom and everyone else can stay up, watch TV, relax outside on the deck and enjoy until it's grown-up bed time. They are really nice and the kitchen is a real plus. You're all together but privacy is easy to come by.

wdw_bound
05-14-2007, 08:38 PM
We're taking my in-laws in December. There is NO way I'd share a room with them from a privacy stand point, even assuming our party was the right size to do so. Four adults in one room is just way too many, IMHO. I'd recommend 2 rooms at POFQ - we visited the resort while staying at POR and thought it was very nice. The boat to DTD is a great benefit, and the pool is nice as well.

grumpypima
05-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Another vote for two rooms in a Moderate Resort. All are beautiful! Have a great trip!

JoDisney
05-15-2007, 12:40 PM
You cannot beat a moderate. We took the grandparents to Disney World and we stayed at POR. We love this resort and the grandparents loved it too. The value resorts would not have been their cup of tea. POR had everything each age group wanted. POFQ, the sister resort, is a great option for you because you have a younger child and the pool is perfect for young children. The slide is not as long and the pool is smaller. My children are older than your child and they prefer POR because of the pool. They think POFQ pool is too baby-like.

kgoulash
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
have you looked into any of the villas? this is my first time with them and i found one 2 bedroom villa at bc was cheaper (by $1,000) than 2 seperate rooms, i don't know if the savings will be the same with the mods but its worth a look