PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Fantasmic on EMH night??

Jen66
05-13-2007, 09:07 PM
We have an ADR for Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Package on Wed. July 18. This is an evening EMH night at MGM. If we go to the first showing, will evening EMH be less crowded because more people will go to the later showing?? How do we find out if there even will be a later showing on EMH night?

What do you guys think?

Figment!
05-13-2007, 09:46 PM
How do we find out if there even will be a later showing on EMH night? The Fantasmic! schedule is released 6 months in advance.

From Current Events (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp)
Fantasmic!
July 2,6,9,11,12,13,16,18,20,21,23,25,27,30 - Second Showing 10:30 p.m.

snifflesmcg
05-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Great question!!!! I was wondering the SAME thing for my trip in September. Last year we had EMH for MGM the first night in WDW and didn't know they had an extra show for then. However, I am looking for a schedule and it doesn't give me a show time for the EMH. I hope somebody can answer this question.

MOJoe
05-14-2007, 10:29 AM
When there are 2 Fantasmic shows, the second one is usually less crowded. But because Fantasmic is so popular, and EMH draws alot of resort guests, i would think that 2 shows coupled with EMH would be a recipe for a fairly large crowd at MGM all evening.

momofdisneyprincess
05-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I have ADR's for the H&V Fantasmic Dining Package on a night where there are two Fantasmic Shows. I am assigned the 8:30 show. They do this so they have better capacity control. So, you should probably check which show you are assigned. As far as I am aware, you cannot pick what show you want to go to.

KylesMom
05-14-2007, 01:43 PM
The Fantasmic Dinner Package is only valid for the first showing of the night. :mickey:

We found pm EMH last July to be very crowded - while the amphitheater holds a goodly sum of people, I think the people who are attending EMH will be there to visit the attractions. I would count on it being very busy. I would play it by ear, however, checking out the attractions once you exit the Fantasmic show & see what kind of lines you're looking at. If they are in fact 60-90 minute waits with no fast passes, you can simply exit the park.

Figment!
05-14-2007, 01:51 PM
As far as I am aware, you cannot pick what show you want to go to.
The Fantasmic Dinner Package is only valid for the first showing of the night. :mickey:Right, but I think the original posters question is "are Evening Extra Magic Hours at the Studios less crowded when there is a second showing of Fantasmic ?".

... at least that's how I read it ...

Jen66
05-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Yes, that was my question. I mainly want to know if going to EMH at MGM in July is a good or bad idea. We will go to the first showing of Fantasmic, using our package, but I am wondering if we should stay and try to ride, see shows, etc that are open until 1 am for EMH. Do you think that a lot of the EMH crowd will see the 2nd showing of Fantasmic, leaving the actual park less crowded? Or will EMH just be doubly insane? Thanks!!

MsMin
05-14-2007, 02:55 PM
I've gone to EMH evening twice, once going to the show and we had no difficulty getting in but it was Dec.
I found the EMH crowded both times in Dec with the normally reduced crowds @ MGM. What I think happens is that we love the thrill rides like TOT and RnR and that more young adults and teens etc. stay up later and crowd the thrill rides. Of all evening EMH I have attended MGM has consistently had the heavier crowds, but again this is near the thrill rides. The time to ride these is in the a.m. If you are looking at the rest of the park then the crowds may be reduced, they were later at Osborne. Typically, MGM is not open as late as MK w/ the EMH and I think many many ppl are still up and about vs MK where the little ones go to bed early and the crowds really thin after the parade or fireworks. :)