PDA

View Full Version : CRT vs Cali

busterthebronco
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM
sorry ive been away ya'll.
the end of the school year is nuts at my house.
anyway, a lady asked me to plan a good dinner for her and her son for her trip in early june.
they then talked enough to let me know they are pickey eaters but that money is no object.
so i need to pick between the california grill and cinerellas castle.
the food is good at both but both are special places.
any thoughts?

SBETigg
05-13-2007, 08:05 PM
I haven't been to the castle in years, but I take it from the reactions here that it isn't a place you go to for the food. The California Grill offers both setting and excellent food, so I would choose that one.

LibertyTreeGal
05-13-2007, 08:11 PM
CRT is not worth it for the food.

Go with CG!

Kairi_7378
05-14-2007, 08:59 PM
California Grill... great food, good service, and the best view in the World!!! Great experience all around. There are many things on the menu, I', sure they will find something!

GrmGrninGost
05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Cali Grill!:mickey: Great foot and great atmosphere! Better yet, make reservations during the fireworks! WOW!!:thumbsup:

Natazu
05-16-2007, 08:46 AM
For me, choosing between California Grill and CRT is like choosing between eating at Chez Jacqueline and Shea Stadium.

California Grill is one of the best values at Disney. CRT is one of the worst. I'm not saying people don't have a good time at CRT, it just isn't California Grill.

illini
05-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Cali Grill all the way. CRT has ~nothing~ to do with food. Plus, even the atmosphere probably won't hold as much appeal for a son as for a daughter.

Mickey91
05-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Well, if those are your choices, I would say Cali Grill. Keep in mind that there still aren't great choices when it comes to picky eaters. The atmosphere is great but the entrees have some different things that if you're not used to that, can be weird to a meat and potatoes person. You may want to show them a menu from different places and get a feel what their tastes are. Cali usually has a nice steak but sometimes it is smothered in a sauce that a picky eater may not like.

While we love the Cali Grill, coming from a house full of picky eaters, there is usually only one or two entrees that anyone in my family will eat. And, although I see my DH has voted Cali, he doesn't always eat what comes with his entree. :mickey: