PDA

View Full Version : What to do w my $15 Planet H giftcert

Crow
05-13-2007, 11:09 AM
ill b at WDW 6 nights on dining plan. booked 5 dinners, will have 6 cs and snacks. part of this pkg inc $15 Planet Hollywood gc. ive eaten there and like it, but i was planning on using a cs credit at DD (Cookes, Earl or Wolfgang) so wasnt going to eat at PH this time. the gc isnt good for:beer: :marg:
maybe i can meet a friend who lives in the area at PH for dessert and use it (even though w all the food on the plan...)
i guess i cant give it to someone else to use

DizneyFreak2002
05-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Just use it for desserts..... Why let it go to waste???

JPL
05-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Of course you could always put it towards merchandise as well as food. So if you don't want to eat there maybe get yourself a nice hat or T-shirt :thumbsup:

ILoveLegos
05-13-2007, 03:04 PM
On our last trip, my mom and I shared a room at POR and wanted to use our DDE card for 20% savings off the cost of our bill at Planet Hollywood. Our two best friends stayed in a connector room at POR and had the $15 off coupon for PH. We left MGM early to eat lunch at PH taking two buses to get there and about 45 minutes in transit time. Planet Holywood was deserted and it was 1:15 in the afternoon on a Wednesday the second week in January. We entered the resturant as a party of four and requested two separate checks from our waiter before ordering anything because we had two different type of discounts that we wanted to use. The waiter said we had to choose which one we wanted to use and that he could not give us two different discounts or separate checks. Our table was really two tables (for two) pushed together and we happened to be seated so that we could easily push the tables back apart and we suggested that maybe then we could have separate checks. ;-) The waiter, who didn't see the humor in this, said he had to ask his manager and went away for a very-very long time. Long enough for us to really study the menu and start to discuss among ourselves why separate checks would be such an issue here. By this time the experience had left a bad taste in our mouth :p and we all decided to leave) - we still had not ordered anything (because the waiter never came back). We all got up and started for the door that's when the manager came to us and said he was deciding what to do for us, we thanked him for his consideration and told him that we had already decided to leave. BTW, PH was so empty that day, we saw only one other table with a party of four in it and the rest of the tables were empty. The usually noisiness of the structure was replaced with uncanny din of silence except for the TVs. We could have easily been accomodated as two parties of two, but we did not know about the seemingly unheard of "no separate check taboo of PH". :confused:
I guess the moral of the story is that if you want to have separate checks or use two kinds of discounts for different members of your party, don't go. At least that's the message we got. :blush:
Alls well that ends well because instead of PH lunch we returned to our Resort and had the most fabulous dinner together (I had best Yankee Pot Roast I've ever had in my life for early dinner instead) - which made us very glad that we skipped out on the lunch at PH. We topped everything off watching ILLUMINATIONS as we devoured school bread from Norway at the rail in Germany - Awesome.

vamaggie
05-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Was wondering the same thing. Can the $15 certs be used for merchandise and can you combine them (we will have 2 for 2 rooms) or do they have to be used separately?

Crow
05-13-2007, 07:14 PM
just read the voucher and it says valid for food and non alcoholic beverages.

snifflesmcg
05-14-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm so mad at myself. Last year I got a free entree and I didn't even use it. Since there were two of us, I didn't feel like paying for something especially since I was on the dining plan. Looking back I wish I would have given it to someone who could have used it. This year I guess I'm getting the $15 card as well. I only know this because of other posts. I plan on using it for an appetizer before going to Pleasure Island.

bleukarma
05-15-2007, 09:58 AM
You can always be your own little “dream team” and give it to someone walking in if you don’t plan on using it. :mickey: