PDA

View Full Version : WDW in July?

Morpheous
05-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Hey all, this isnt the first time posting here, I just usually read more then posting so I guess my account went poof a couple of years ago. :blush:

Anyways, Taking our second trip to Disneyworld the last week of July. Went in May last time so the croweds werent that bad. Im going to assume that the croweds will be alot worse at the end of July then the last time we went?

Also, just after I made the reservations (though it was the only time before College starts that the contemporary was available that I could find) I kinda realized thats boardering just on the beginning of peak hurricane season. How bad is the weather typically as far as Hurricanes go towards the end of July? Id hate to regret making a reservation when this is the only time I really have to go or wait till next year. :|

Anyways any answers appreciated!

edwards2301
05-13-2007, 10:25 AM
July is HOT!! We go almost every year in July. My husband and I are both in Education so July works best for us. The crowds can be a bit hectic at times but it is manageable. There are a lot of traveling "Groups" that bring with them 20-30 people so you want to make sure you get on a ride before they do.

As far as hurricanes, we have only encountered the occasional "florida" thunderstorm. Here one second, gone another.

Hope you enjoy!!:mickey:

faline
05-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Officianlly, June 1st marks the start of the huricane season. This year, there has already been a tropical storm which formed prior to the "official" start of the season. Predictions are for quite a few storms this year.

That said, the odds of a hurricane hitting Orlando just at the time you are vacationing there are stil in your favor.

What you are likely to encounter are daily, brief, but possibly intense, thunder storms and lots of hot sticky weather. Also, plan on sharing the parks with quite a few others. July is a busy time at Disney World.

TikiGoddess
05-13-2007, 07:05 PM
You've gotten some good advice from the above posts. Expect a daily shower in the late afternoon. It's a good thing -- it will chase a little of the heat away (although it will be very humid in the evening) and scare some of the crowds away. We usually visit in July and our plan always includes time away from the parks in the early afternoon (1-3pm). It's just too crowded and hot. The pool at the resort (or even a long lunch at the resort) is much more welcoming and refreshing. Plan on touring later into the evening with the extended summer hours, and take advantage of the evening EMHs if you're a night owl.

Hope that helps!
TikiG

Morpheous
05-13-2007, 08:28 PM
All great info, Sounds hot but Ive been to Disneyland during the hottest years of the month. I typically do the same thing taking a few hours in the midday to head to the room or a cool place to relax. Did that on our trip in 2005 too, though not really too concerned about the heat lived in Arizona for many years so Im prepared for the worst.

Hopefully there wont be any major weather problems during out trip, thanks for the info everyone. Definatly looking forward to going. :)

Morpheous
05-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Not really sure why it posted twice, Sorry about the spam. :|

Bethanymouse
05-13-2007, 08:57 PM
As a family we usually always travel mid to late July. The biggest factor is the heat and the crowds. There is almost always an afternoon thunderstorm and then it clears. The crowds are obviously worse in the afternoons so try to get into the parks early in the morning, go back to the afternoon to swim and cool off/rest, and if possible hit the late hours in the evenings. Have a wonderful trip!

MsMin
05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
As far as hurricanes the chances are reduced at that time but not impossible. I usually look at the history of the storms in that month as most months have a trend in their patterns.
We've had a Tropical Storm while there in June but the cat 4's and 5's are typically a little later in the season. I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy my planning and I think odds are in your favor it will be hurricane free or severe hurricane free!