PDA

View Full Version : Victoria & Alberts

spoiledraf
05-13-2007, 05:27 AM
While I am a meat and potatos guy, my wife would die to eat at this resaurant and I think she deserves to go. I know it's a pre-set menu but they mention it is a personal menu. Any chance I can make sure to get a nice filet somewhere in the menu so I don't starve while my lady has the meal of her dreams?:cloud9:

SallyP
05-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Although it is a preset menu you still have choices.
Looking at a menu I kept, our entree choices for that night were:
:chef: Virginia Black Bass with Brentwood Corn
:chef: Roasted Petit Poulet with Jumbo Lump Crab and Asparagus Timbale
:chef: Jamison Farm Lamb with Porcini Pasta Noodles and Truffle Jus (my selection)
:chef: Grilled Prime Filet with Celery Root Puree and Braised Short Ribs (double the beef - my husband's selection)
Upon request you could also have a vegetarian selection.
There is an appetizer, entree, cheese plate and then a dessert selection (we had 6 to choose from).
Do it - you won't starve and you'll both enjoy the quiet and ambiance.

Bruegge
05-13-2007, 10:09 AM
There are not that many 5 star restaurants around.... I think the Dining Room at the Ameilia Island Ritz- Carlton is the only other one in FL..(Been There ... Done That..OMG just fabulous)

If Dw is all for it ... go ... don't even think twice. It's worth it just to experience the pinacle of fine dining... a 5 star restaurant is as good as it gets.

If your so inclined... and money isn't an issue ... go for the chef's table... while I havn't gone .. JYM said Chef Hunnel comes over and asks you what you might want... special requests.. things to avoid.. etc... Let him know what your looking for.. STEAK....

I'll let Natsu (Jym) tell the rest of his story.. He has a warped sense of humor just like Me...

Scott

garymacd
05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
We ate at V & A last May and had a great time. There were meat dishes on each course when we were there. It wasn't just steak, but filet, elk, Angus beef, Kobe-style beef, lots of different meats.

There were some esoteric dishes, but nothing I was afraid to try. I was raised a meat and potatoes guy myself, but have really managed to appreciate and enjoy what food actually eats - veggies. Hey, I even ate the fish course - I hate fish!

Everything is incredibly delicious. Even if it isn't, try the wine pairing. It really makes everything taste better.

I posted our personalised menu on Intercot on the menu's page. Check it out, and don't be afraid to try something new. Your wife is worth it.

Just got into single digits until we return. Pirates Adventure, here we come!

Natazu
05-14-2007, 06:31 AM
There is almost always some type of beef on at least one of the courses. If you send me a PM, I can give you some of the past menus.

Here's the thing about Vicky's: Everything's amazing. For instance, as a general rule, I don't eat zucchini, squash, cauliflower, pretty much things that grow but don't eat other things. When I'm at V&A, I eat and enjoy all of the above. No worries.

At the Chef's Table, they cater more to your likes and dislikes. It's more of an interactive dining experience as opposed to just a great a meal. Just don't ask them to make franks-n-beans. They hate that.

spoiledraf
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Thank you all for your great input. While many posters feel it's a waste of money and time we are considering going on the Platimum Plan, mainly because V&As is included. The wife can also use the complimentary spa treatments while I'm out on the water doing some bass fishing. That more than makes up for the added expense. Between the $400 dinner at V&A along with the best dinning the rest of the trip, a $400 half day bass trip, $200+ worth of spa treatments and $200 Circe tickets, I feel it's worth it.

Now I just have to convince DW to take time away from a trip south to visit our daughter (who would love to come along).

TexasPrincessAurora
05-14-2007, 10:39 PM
DH took me as a surprise on our 2005 trip. This was definitely a dinner just for me. DH is more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy too. But he thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it and would definitely go back.

My main course was a Kobe beef filet that was to die for.

If you have the opportunity to dine here do not miss it...it is amazing!

mrsgaribaldi
05-16-2007, 04:38 AM
Hey Jym, or any one who can answer, how big is each course? Dh and I eat very little at a time. Dh had gastric bypass and I just don't eat alot at once. Do they rush you or can you sit a bit and make room for more? Dh and I usually split an appetizer and each get an entree that we rarely finish. And we never have room for dessert:blush: I would love to book a dinner for DH as a surprise. He can't eat red meat though, at all, would they give him something else? And I don't eat fish at all
Thanks everyone:thumbsup:

faline
05-16-2007, 05:48 AM
The meal consists of several courses. The portions served for each course seem quite small (at first). Cumulatively, though, by time we finished the entire meal, we were stuffed!

Do plan on taking your time with this meal. Down time is planned between courses.

Generally, each course consists of several choices so you should usually be able to find something you won't mind trying!

garymacd
05-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey Jym, or any one who can answer, how big is each course? Dh and I eat very little at a time. Dh had gastric bypass and I just don't eat alot at once. Do they rush you or can you sit a bit and make room for more? Dh and I usually split an appetizer and each get an entree that we rarely finish. And we never have room for dessert:blush: I would love to book a dinner for DH as a surprise. He can't eat red meat though, at all, would they give him something else? And I don't eat fish at all

About two weeks before your reservation, you will be called by someone at the restaurant who will confirm your booking. At that time, he or she will ask if this is a special occasion and if there are any dietary restrictions they need to know about for your personalised menu.

These could include food allergies or just specific dislikes, right up to religious dietary requirements and medical conditions.

Chef seems very accomodating for every taste and palate.

The portions are not overly large, but there are eight courses to contend with. My beloved wife and I were satisfied without feeling bloated or overfull. The fact that I couldn't feel my feet had nothing to do with the amount of food...it might have had something, or everything, to do with the wine pairing.:cloud9:

If you don't eat fish just because of personal dislikes, you might want to try the fish course anyway. I tried it and ate it, and I hate fish. This was the first and only time it didn't taste fishy. This includes all the shore lunches I had to eat with absolutely fresh trout.

TheRustyScupper
05-16-2007, 11:55 AM
. . . While many posters feel it's a waste of money and time we are considering going on the Platimum Plan . . .

1) Platinum is a GREAT plan - if used properly.
2) To use it to go to parks and eat, it is bad.
3) Very bad.
4) A terrible waste of money.
5) HOWEVER, if your do the other activities, it is wonderful.
6) A non-park vacation is PERFECT for the Platinum Plan.
7) There are so many expensive activities that are included.

NOTE: The reason doing Platinum and parks is bad, is that you don't physically have the time to do the expensive activities AND see the parks. However, doing included things like spas, guided bass fishing tours, para-sailing, V&A every night, cruises, golf, water sports, water craft, Cirque tickets, park tours, preferred fireworks seating, etc are a great use for Platinum. If you do these, then Platinum DOES pay off financially.

Natazu
05-17-2007, 03:26 AM
how big is each course?3-6oz

Dh and I eat very little at a time. Dh had gastric bypass and I just don't eat alot at once. Do they rush you or can you sit a bit and make room for more? The absolute last thing I'd use to describe Vicky's is rushed

Dh and I usually split an appetizer and each get an entree that we rarely finish. And we never have room for dessert I would love to book a dinner for DH as a surprise. He can't eat red meat though, at all, would they give him something else?no worries, it'll be a wonderful meal

mrsgaribaldi
05-17-2007, 03:52 AM

spoiledraf
05-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Rusty,

You pretty much summed up our last two trips. I think we rode maybe seven rides in four days the last time down, and we checked in the first day at 7:30 and didn't leave until after 10 the last day. We are all about the great restaurants and I love the bass fishing because it's not so good at home and I actually catch something at Disney. Actually went twice in the four days. We did take advantage of the parasailing, jets skis, fishing of course, Circe, ate at Yachtsman twice, California Grille and Fultons. We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour and used the mini speed boats a while too. No golf though. I stink!

This time around, my cousin may be going with us. We are thinking of getting a two bedroom villa at the Boardwalk. After we split it, it comes out about the same as getting seperate rooms so why not have more space. Still trying to decide on the platinum plan or the premium at the moment. It adds $150 apiece but gives you V&A and my wife could go to the spa a couple time while I'm out fishin. We shall see. September 23 is coming fast.