PDA

View Full Version : Free dining?

Mickey's 4Walls
05-12-2007, 02:24 PM
We've decided to go to Disney again this Fall because of the free dining- if you stay at any Disney resort:thumbsup: But ... this year we wanted to go in my parent new motorhome--it's not an option with a motorhome @ FW....So now do we go camping (no free dine)@ FW, Go to SOG( no free dine) or try a value resort suite ( w/free dine) ?? We will be taking nana/papa/mom/dad/son-8/son-22mo.

We ususally always stay@ POR--

Any ideals:mickey:

TammiMcMan
05-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Just throwing this out there, but would free dining be a huge consideration if you were travelling in a motor home? We've gone that route plenty of times ourselves and usually found it pretty convenient to have a quick breakfast in the motor home before heading to the parks and even coming back for a late lunch and rest time. If you're going that time of year specifically for free dining though, I guess I would see if it's available at the suites.

KarenP
05-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Just to let you know the All Star Suites are not included in the free dining, but you could do 2 rooms at one of the value resorts.

Mickey's 4Walls
05-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the ideals- i looked at a link on intercot called <snip> and for the same time of the year and POR and PC the cost was about 1000 $ less!! But I'm not sure if the free dinning would come with this-because it wouldn't be through Disney travel???:confused:

We just found out we also have the option of going Mar 17-21. The weather would be nicer - But it would be the busy season--????? So many things to think about--:blush:

Thanks for all the help:number1:

Strmchsr
05-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the ideals- i looked at a link on intercot called <snip> and for the same time of the year and POR and PC the cost was about 1000 $ less!! But I'm not sure if the free dinning would come with this-because it wouldn't be through Disney travel???:confused:

We just found out we also have the option of going Mar 17-21. The weather would be nicer - But it would be the busy season--????? So many things to think about--:blush:

Thanks for all the help:number1:

:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

You don't necessarily have to book through Disney to get the free dining, but you do have to book a minimum 3 night MYW package. The link you're talking about may be room only. However, the "free" dining is a good discount, but not the greatest thing ever since you pay rack rate on the room. If you compare savings on the "free dining" versus getting a really good room deal and paying for the dining they're about the same, so this may be a good deal for you. You can also check with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) and see what they can do for you.

The week you mentioned in March is Holy Week for 2008, so, yes, it's crowded. That's one of the 3 most crowded weeks of the year. Still doable, but crowded.