PDA

View Full Version : What do you put in your carry-on?

Soul_Power
05-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey everyone, my boyfriend and I are leaving for WDW in about 2 1/2 weeks and we'll be using Magical Express to get to our resort from the airport. We will be putting the yellow tags on our luggage to avoid the baggage claim, and I heard about the luggage taking a few hours to get to the room.

We're hoping to start our day as soon as we can, so what do you suggest we carry in our carry-on since we won't have access to our luggage right away? Our first day isn't too planned out yet - it's pretty much open-ended. Water park maybe? Downtown Disney? Swimming?

HndrdPrcnt
05-12-2007, 01:23 PM
For me, a change of clothes is always a must. With the airlines AND Magical Express handling my luggage, I simply hate taking chances. If you are thinking about going to a water park, then you will obviously need a suit - I strongly recommend a 1-piece. I saw quite a few women busting out of their top while I was at Blizzard Beach.

Have fun!

jpH/keD
05-12-2007, 01:46 PM
We went in '05 and went non-stop flight and our friends' family luggage was lost thru Independence Air(now out of business) and Magical Express for 24 hours! I suggest a change of clothes(extra undies x2) bathing suit AND pjs! But dont sweat the small stuff! And have SOOOO much fun! :mickey:

faline
05-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I always put in enough clothes that I can get through a day or two without receiving my luggage. As you might go swimming, you'll clearly want to have your suits available so they should go in the carry on. Medications, cameras, jewelry - anything you don't want out of your control - should also go in the carry on.

Have fun!

kakn7294
05-12-2007, 04:15 PM
My personal bag is the one that will go with me into the parks. It contains my ID, money and debit/credit cards, camera, cell phone, the few essentials we can't live without, and the reservation information as well as the boarding passes. My carry-on has 1 full change of clothes for everyone in the group and things like hats, sunblock and toiletries needed immediately (within the TSA's rules), and prescriptions medications. I also carried a book and crossword puzzle book to keep busy on the flight but be sure to have those out of the bag you store overhead if you want them during the flight. My DD's took gameboys and CD players. If you plan to swim, obviously you would want to pack your bathing suits in your carry-on luggage as well.

minnie-mouse
05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
I usually take the kid's diaper bag filled with toys, snacks, games, drinks, etc. Oh, and plus, my purse.

Harriet
05-15-2007, 06:58 PM
I take both camera's,change of clothes,medication,pj's, and swim suit. This all I need as the first day I usally go to the park in the evening for spectro and wishes if I time it right or,Fantasmic,or Illuminatons. Just a couple of hours. If I am early to hotel and its to cold I'll resort hop.

CleveRocks
05-15-2007, 08:41 PM
No matter where I fly, I always pack EVERYTHING I need for the first 24 hours, just in case the AIRLINE delays my luggage.

DizNee143
05-16-2007, 11:05 AM
truthfully the pass like 5 vacations whether it was disney or not...i have just gone on the plane with my purse..and whatever happens, happens...i know when i was younger my mom would carry mine and my sisters bathing suits with her..but...i never really worry about it...and if something is to ever happen to my luggage...its a good excuse to get some new clothes!! lol :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Our Disney Carry-On (even overseas)
. . . all medications for total trip days
. . . important papers, eg. insurance, emergency notification
. . . travel documents, eg. tickets, passports
. . . change of outer clothes for 1-day
. . . change of underwear for 2-days
. . . swim suits
. . . hat for sun protection
. . . change of comfortable shoes
. . . toiletries
. . . camera and spare camera batteries
. . . credit cards *
. . . spare cash *
. . . snacks for airplane, if flying coach class
. . . travel backgammon for the airplane ride
. . . portable dvd player and dvd's
. . . ipod or walkman

* We carry our prime credit card(s) and cash in our wallets/purses, but a separate credit card and spare cash in the carry-on. If we get our pockets picked or lose our wallet, we have a backup account card and some cash in the carry-on luggage.

SurferStitch
05-16-2007, 12:47 PM
In my carry on I pack the outfit/shoes I want to wear to dinner that first night (which worked out well on our last trip because our luggage hadn't shown up through DME yet), make-up, curling iron, any expensive clothing items that would kill me if I lost them, all necessary paperwork, and anything else I can possibly fit in. DH's carry on is just clothing and other abstract items, plus his laptop for downloading pics during the trip.

My personal bag is filled with my jewelry. I take a lot of jewelry, and that bag is basically filled with it. DH's personal bag is the camera bag.

Dopey's Girl
05-16-2007, 09:59 PM
I pack a complete change of clothes, jammies, my tooth brush and paste, and anthing I would need to use before I go to bed, or as soon as I wake up that I couldn't just buy at the resort. Every resort I have stayed at has a small section of travel sized items, plus you get shampoo and soap in your room. Keep it as simple as possible, you don't want to be lugging a bunch of stuff around with you!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-16-2007, 11:59 PM
My personal bag is the one that will go with me into the parks. It contains my ID, money and debit/credit cards, camera, cell phone, the few essentials we can't live without, and the reservation information as well as the boarding passes. My carry-on has 1 full change of clothes for everyone in the group and things like hats, sunblock and toiletries needed immediately (within the TSA's rules), and prescriptions medications. I also carried a book and crossword puzzle book to keep busy on the flight but be sure to have those out of the bag you store overhead if you want them during the flight. My DD's took gameboys and CD players. If you plan to swim, obviously you would want to pack your bathing suits in your carry-on luggage as well.

I could have written this myself. ;)

I also bring the portable DVD player and movies for my kids and I won't travel anywhere without my Ipod.