PDA

View Full Version : ADR's for theme not food

mrs.jacksparrow
05-12-2007, 12:38 PM
:clappy: Hi we are getting closer by the day having so much fun here on the boards and planning!!!!

I have these ADR's and made the resies for the theme not the food :thumbsup: We live near New York City and Philadelphia so finding great food is not a problem for us.

We are stying at WL and AKL :cool:

Whispering canyon (1-break 1- dinner)
Coral Reef (L)
Marrekesh (D)
Crystal Palace (b)
Liberty Tree (D)
Chef Mickey's (B)
Sci-Fi (L)
Mama Melrose (Fantasmic DP)
Boma (B)
House of Blues (after Cirque)

The CS we want to try and get to in AK, the Pizza place

we have 5 five dinners will be there 7 nights but one night we are going into Orlando to see family. and one I though we would just let be open

Any comments would be great! :goodbad:

thanks

SBETigg
05-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Great plan! And as a bonus, you will get good food at some places you chose for theme, too.

As an aside, I don't live near NY or Boston, but amazingly enough we have some great area restaurants with all kinds of fantastic food. Some of the best places are off the beaten path. Not that the city isn't full of amazing restaurants and food choices.

Nicki'sMom
05-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I think that is a WONDERFUL attitude to have going into Disney Dining. If more people realized that the theme is part of the fun and this is not going to be 100% gourmet food (but pretty darn yummy I think), then they would have a lot more fun and not get so worked up over their meals not meeting their expectations. You know, I have had not so stellar servers at WDW in the past, but I try to just enjoy myself and if the bill doesn't come out fast enough or my drink is empty...I just roll with it. After all, this is my vacation and it is what I make of it and I choose whether or not to be unhappy. Have a great time...your ADR's look like so much fun!:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
05-12-2007, 04:29 PM
I think your ADRs are great, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the food, as well as the atmosphere!!

mrs.jacksparrow
05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Great plan! And as a bonus, you will get good food at some places you chose for theme, too.

As an aside, I don't live near NY or Boston, but amazingly enough we have some great area restaurants with all kinds of fantastic food. Some of the best places are off the beaten path. Not that the city isn't full of amazing restaurants and food choices.

:mickey: Thanks for that...I wasn't trying to be fresh :fresh: ..I just was trying to reveal that we weren't going for the "food" since many posters have mentioned they don't live in areas with many food choices and use their vacation to Disney as an oppertunity to try different cuisines and higher end meals . :chef:
I've read so many mixed reviews about the food quality here on the boards, I wanted to make sure people reading understood that my expectations were not focused on the food experience but the Disney Dinning experience. I am sorry if I offened any small town people I love food from off the beaten path myself and have found some of the most delicious and friendliest service in small out of the way places ;) Our little dinner here in my town makes the best meatloaf in the world wouldn't tade it for a wolfgang puck dinner any day :yay:
But for us DISNEY DINING is going to be about the fun and the experience and if the food isn't half bad that will be the bonus!:cloud9:

kathiep
05-12-2007, 07:14 PM
I agree with your theory completely.

We did free dining last year - and are going again this September - (125 days and counting:mickey: ) and we made all our reservations based on what atmosphere we thought would be fun.

Of your ressie's we did Whispering Canyon for dinner - the kids loved it.

We also did Crystal Palace for breakfast and enjoyed that one so much, we made reservations again. (I have seen a lot of comments about "not wasting" a TS on breakfast buffets - but the experience with my kids was priceless!)

This year we also included Sci-Fi, Boma and Chef Mickey's. I can't wait for breakfast at CM's.

Oh - any by the way - nice to see a fellow Jersey Shore resident around!

LandFan
05-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I agree - the theming is what makes Disney great! It's a bonus when the food is good too : ) I think all your choices are good - we were surprised how much we liked Liberty Tree Tavern when we ate there last September! Boma is wonderful too. If you are still looking for one, O'hana's is pretty fun - they have really good virgin (or not) pina colada's too!

BTW, I was in Tom's River last week! We stayed at Seaside Heights for the week and hiked around Island Beach State Park (my family goes every year).

So another shore person!

Have fun!

GenieOfPA
05-12-2007, 07:51 PM
most of the places you picked have great food anyway, so you can't lose! another GREAT restaurant / dinner show you may have missed if you are looking for theme is the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. Check it out sometime! :thumbsup:

snifflesmcg
05-12-2007, 07:57 PM
That is a great idea. Theme is what it's all about. We are trying different things and are trying to change it up a bit. We have a little bit of everything in our plans including the Spirit of Aloha dinner show, Crystal Palace, Biergarten and Captain Jacks in DTD. :chef:

tinksmom02
05-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh - any by the way - nice to see a fellow Jersey Shore resident around!

There's 3 of us on this post alone! LOL

angedeaile
05-12-2007, 10:41 PM
You have some real great places in there!

I noticed a few mentions from other posters about this, but have you given Ohana's any thought? If theme is your thing, this place is perfect!

The kids get to have their fun with fun activities, like coconut races and my brother's favorite...limbo.

All the lingo used, the native food, atmosphere of the dining room and the hotel's theming really helps you feel the spirit of Aloha.

Don't forget the show too with that same name... I have heard it is wonderful.

If you are looking for a great theme..Ohana's is it.

Just thought I would throw that in there...just incase :blush:

SBETigg
05-12-2007, 10:54 PM
:mickey: Thanks for that...But for us DISNEY DINING is going to be about the fun and the experience and if the food isn't half bad that will be the bonus!:cloud9:

I know you were not trying to be fresh, and I was not offended. Not to worry. Just pointing out that not all great food choices are near big cities. I live near great food, with lots of dining diversity. I think food choices are getting better everywhere, fortunately. It's a good thing. But when you're at Disney, it's not just about the food. The theme and setting is more of a focus. Agreed!