PDA

View Full Version : Full Size Cribs in Rooms Question

kariedduck
05-11-2007, 09:16 PM
We are arriving at the Beach Club Resort tommorow and I have a question about the cribs. We have a 15 month old with us and we requested a full size crib when we made our reservations through our local AAA office. Unlike requesting a full size bed, where you may get it or not, I was under the impression that we would receive a full size crib as we requested. When I called to confirm our reservation this week I was informed that we will have a pack n play in our room and that we may "request" a full size crib upon check in. This really angers me because i assumed we would have a full size crib. My daughter will not sleep in a pack n play and this will make for a miserable week if we have to have her sleep in our bed. Has anyone else had experiences trying to get a full size crib? I can't believe they don't have a warehouse full of full size cribs at their disposal. It's Disney World for pete' sake! Any help would be appreciated.

Maleficent's Dad
05-11-2007, 10:07 PM
:clappy: :clappy: Welcome to Intercot! :clappy: :clappy:

About the cribs...
Full size cribs are done by request. Whereas I've never requested one, good friends of mine did once. Well, to make a long story short, they had encountered several 'problems' (unrelated to the crib) prior to getting their room. The management made certain that they had the crib immediately.

I know this doesn't help you out much, but the cribs are not guaranteed.

Good luck with the request and I hope you have a great trip! :mickey:

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:09 PM
We have never tried to get a full size crib. But, I would say that if they actually have them, you shouldn't have a problem getting one. The rooms aren't big enough for most people to give up that much space. :mickey:

Good Luck!:mickey:

BrerGnat
05-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. You have Yacht Club right next door, and as another option, Boardwalk. I'm sure there will be a full sized crib SOMEwhere for you. If they tell you they don't have any, ask about getting one sent over from YC or Boardwalk.

On another note, don't underestimate the ability of your 15 month old to sleep in a pack and play. I still use one for my 14 month old son and he is a BIG boy (33.5 in/27 lbs)! He naps in it twice a day (to get away from the noise in the rest of the apartment) and sleeps like a log in there. He is very comfortable and it's plenty big enough for him to stretch out. The one we have is identical to the ones in the resorts. Your baby will probably be SO tired at the end of the day, she will sleep anywhere.

I would personally be more concerned about the safety of the "full sized crib" they will send you. Who knows how old it is and how sturdy it still is? We stayed in a hotel with our baby when he was 6 months old and their "full sized crib" was not really full sized, and it was made of METAL, and it was seriously unstable. I was glad we were only there one night. I have a feeling that this is the type of crib you will receive. If that is the case, they are NOT full sized. They actually have about the same sleep surface size as the pack and plays, and they don't have real mattresses either. Just though you should maybe be prepared for this possibility.

I know that people rent REAL, wooden full sized cribs from an outside company when staying at WDW, and I have a feeling that this company wouldn't do so much business there if WDW had real full sized cribs (like the one you probably have at home).

MinniesMom
05-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure if I missed you or not!

When we stayed at the BC 2 years ago, my daughter would not sleep in the pack-n-play. Of course we only found this out at 2:30 in the morning on our first night! I called the front desk and the CM was wonderful. He said that they only keep a few full sized cribs at the hotel (basically to accommodate kids with special needs and infants.) Since housekeeping had left, he and a maintenance person tracked down a crib and by 3:00 a.m. it was set up in our room.

I have to tell you though that what Disney considers a full-size crib is really not. It's one of those metal bar hotel cribs that's about half the size of a true full sized crib. If you are looking for a true full sized crib, you'll have to rent one from an outside company.

TheRustyScupper
05-14-2007, 10:39 AM
1) All resorts have a small supply of cribs.
. . . most newer ones are metal
. . . a few wooden varieties still exist
. . . they are about 1/2-2/3 of at-home cribs
. . . slightly longer, but narrower than a pak-and-play
2) If not in stock at your resort, they can usually get one